• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10373 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 208

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 244 Next
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-17 05:42:05
April 17 2013 05:41 GMT
#4141
I have a Shure 535's and I have to say the sound quality is top notch compared to anything I've used before. You hear little details in songs and soundtracks that never seemed to exist before. These are the first "expensive" earphones I got, and so far I think it's worth the money.
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
April 17 2013 05:56 GMT
#4142
On April 17 2013 07:56 Zyufin wrote:
Hey guys. I'm looking to get a decent pair of headphones. I need for them to be closed I think because I work in a cubicle environment. I'll be using them for both music and gaming, but I've wanted to get into making some electronic music and maybe doing a little recording, so I want something that would function well in that domain as well.

I play sc2 and dota2 almost exclusively. I listen to a lot of different music. Mostly jazz fusion and blues, but some classical and hip-hop/electronic stuff too.

My current thought is to get these: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-880-Pro-Headphones-250/dp/B001B1QENY

People seem to recommend them as a versatile pair in this thread, and the price on them seems really good (I'm not sure why they're discounted so much). I don't really want to spend more then $250. If there's a pair that's cheaper and only marginally lower on performance, I'd be interested. However, I could also be convinced to spend a little more if they're ballin' as hell.

Let me know what you think. I currently have a crappy Realtek HD Audio sound card and no amp, but I'll be replacing the sound card when I build a new pc in the next month or 2, so it shouldn't be a limiting reagent.


The DT880 is a semi-open headphone which means that it will leak some sound. If Beyerdyamic is the brand you're going for, have a look at the DT770.

A 9 closed headphone comparison:
http://www.headfonia.com/closed-cans-shootout-m-50-esw-9-t50p-hd25-1-beats-studio-srh-840-srh-750dj-k181dj-and-dj1pro/

My advice will be to head to a local music store and try on as many as you can and find what fit suits you the best.
© Current year.
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
April 17 2013 06:02 GMT
#4143
On April 17 2013 07:56 Zyufin wrote:
Hey guys. I'm looking to get a decent pair of headphones. I need for them to be closed I think because I work in a cubicle environment. I'll be using them for both music and gaming, but I've wanted to get into making some electronic music and maybe doing a little recording, so I want something that would function well in that domain as well.

I play sc2 and dota2 almost exclusively. I listen to a lot of different music. Mostly jazz fusion and blues, but some classical and hip-hop/electronic stuff too.

My current thought is to get these: http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-880-Pro-Headphones-250/dp/B001B1QENY

People seem to recommend them as a versatile pair in this thread, and the price on them seems really good (I'm not sure why they're discounted so much). I don't really want to spend more then $250. If there's a pair that's cheaper and only marginally lower on performance, I'd be interested. However, I could also be convinced to spend a little more if they're ballin' as hell.

Let me know what you think. I currently have a crappy Realtek HD Audio sound card and no amp, but I'll be replacing the sound card when I build a new pc in the next month or 2, so it shouldn't be a limiting reagent.


As the other guy said is there a reason you want to spend so much? I have the Beyerdynamic DT770's and they are without a doubt some of the best headphones I have ever seen. I have had them for over 3 years and they still look brand new. They have some of the best sound for the price and they are the best headphone for long periods of use also. Some pads hurt but these are comfy as fuck
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Reborn58
Profile Joined August 2010
United States238 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-17 06:33:34
April 17 2013 06:29 GMT
#4144
What ohm do I want if I am looking at the 770 Pros?? Says they come in 250, 32, and 80...?

I will primarily be using it with my Galaxy Note 2 - if that is a factor...

thanks
That's what she said
patrick-cheq
Profile Joined April 2013
United States7 Posts
April 17 2013 07:26 GMT
#4145
what is the best head set is going right now. Recommend me :-)
dont believe any one
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-17 07:35:09
April 17 2013 07:32 GMT
#4146
On April 17 2013 15:29 Reborn58 wrote:
What ohm do I want if I am looking at the 770 Pros?? Says they come in 250, 32, and 80...?

I will primarily be using it with my Galaxy Note 2 - if that is a factor...

thanks

Probably 32 then. The numbers just indicate impedance, which is basically how tough it is to drive the electrical signal through the headphones afaik. A higher number may require you get an amplifier so that you can properly drive your cans, so if you're just using it with a cell phone, you should aim lower. The 80-ohms might still work well with your phone but I'm not sure. I have an amp so I'll probably get the 80-ohm ones >.<

Thanks for the info, I've been interested in the DT 770s for a while, hoping to save up and get them~
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
AceOfBlades
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia42 Posts
April 17 2013 07:33 GMT
#4147
Hey people,
I am looking to replace my iPhone headset that has served me well over the years with something a bit more up-market.

I was in the Apple Store today and really like the Bowers & Wilkins P5, specifically the leather & aluminium construction, the design, and the fact that it has a remote and mic.

However, checking out reviews online, the sound quality seems to be so-so for (AU$)370 I'd be paying for 'em

Are there any competing products that I'm not aware of? What sold me on the P5 was it's solid build quality, as I'll be taking these babies essentially everywhere with me, I'd like em to last.

Thanks a lot!
Does it look contrived if a new member already has their own quote?
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-17 07:46:27
April 17 2013 07:46 GMT
#4148
As a rule of thumb a headset (a pair of headphones that also has a dedicated mic) will be worse in sound quality than a similarly-priced pair of headphones, ceteris paribus. In general the high-end headphones just don't really come with mics. I can't really advise you on a specific pair though, I'll leave that to those that know what they're talking about more, though the DT 770s and ATH m50s are pretty great starting places I've heard. There was also that entry-level sennheiser but I forget its name. Ultimately it comes down to you want, though I don't recommend buying something out of the apple store in general as chances are it'll be more expensive.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
April 17 2013 07:51 GMT
#4149
On April 17 2013 16:33 AceOfBlades wrote:
Hey people,
I am looking to replace my iPhone headset that has served me well over the years with something a bit more up-market.

I was in the Apple Store today and really like the Bowers & Wilkins P5, specifically the leather & aluminium construction, the design, and the fact that it has a remote and mic.

However, checking out reviews online, the sound quality seems to be so-so for (AU$)370 I'd be paying for 'em

Are there any competing products that I'm not aware of? What sold me on the P5 was it's solid build quality, as I'll be taking these babies essentially everywhere with me, I'd like em to last.

Thanks a lot!


If you bring your headphones around with you then nothing beats in-ears.

The portability to sound quality ratio is unbeatable.
Sound quality to price is also ridiculous.
I recommend the Shure in-ears. They isolate against low/bass noise too unlike most other things. The bowers will take the top off high frequency stuff but if it's noisy it'll impact your sound quality.

Not that familiar with the semi-portable headphones however. Sennheiser HD25-II comes to mind, beyerdynamic t50p also. Haven't tried either.

Had some semi-portable AKG's, K81DJ. they were ok.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-17 07:57:18
April 17 2013 07:55 GMT
#4150
[image loading]

I would look into new beyerdynamic custom one pros, lot of different colours/designs, mic option with changable cable, construction is standard beyerdynamic aluminum and leather, these will prob take a lot of beating :D Sound should be great too, better than BW for sure. Design and manufactured in germany. Also cheaper.
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
April 17 2013 08:04 GMT
#4151
On April 17 2013 15:29 Reborn58 wrote:
What ohm do I want if I am looking at the 770 Pros?? Says they come in 250, 32, and 80...?

I will primarily be using it with my Galaxy Note 2 - if that is a factor...

thanks


Definitely 32 Ohm. I have 250 Ohm, I tried them with Lumia 900 and iPhone and it was terrible. Amplifiers in mobile phones are to shitty for anything more than 32 Ohm. But I am not sure if DT770 Pro are a good idea as portable headphones. The are huge and heavy.
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
Reborn58
Profile Joined August 2010
United States238 Posts
April 17 2013 08:36 GMT
#4152
On April 17 2013 17:04 Asturas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2013 15:29 Reborn58 wrote:
What ohm do I want if I am looking at the 770 Pros?? Says they come in 250, 32, and 80...?

I will primarily be using it with my Galaxy Note 2 - if that is a factor...

thanks


Definitely 32 Ohm. I have 250 Ohm, I tried them with Lumia 900 and iPhone and it was terrible. Amplifiers in mobile phones are to shitty for anything more than 32 Ohm. But I am not sure if DT770 Pro are a good idea as portable headphones. The are huge and heavy.


they will primarily be for use on flights and while traveling, etc.
That's what she said
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
April 17 2013 08:49 GMT
#4153
On April 17 2013 17:36 Reborn58 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2013 17:04 Asturas wrote:
On April 17 2013 15:29 Reborn58 wrote:
What ohm do I want if I am looking at the 770 Pros?? Says they come in 250, 32, and 80...?

I will primarily be using it with my Galaxy Note 2 - if that is a factor...

thanks


Definitely 32 Ohm. I have 250 Ohm, I tried them with Lumia 900 and iPhone and it was terrible. Amplifiers in mobile phones are to shitty for anything more than 32 Ohm. But I am not sure if DT770 Pro are a good idea as portable headphones. The are huge and heavy.


they will primarily be for use on flights and while traveling, etc.


That's bit better, but really, in opinion they aren't the best headphones for mobile phone. These kind of headphones, whether they are 32, 80 or 250 Ohms, they require good amplifier. You will not use the full potential (to say at least) of DT770 Pro using them with phone. It is much better to buy something specifically designed for this purpose.
The only reason You want them, that I could understand is that they are quite comfortable. I say "quite" because on one hand the are big, so no pressure on ears. But they are also heavy - in my opinion!. I noticed that after longer time my head is asking me, "why the f*ck I have to wear them for so long"

They are very good headphones, just not for everything. So do what You want. I don't know what headphones You use everyday and how demanding You are when it comes to sound quality. I would feel bad knowing that I can't use the full potential of DT770 Pro :D
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
Jay3llo
Profile Joined April 2013
United States17 Posts
April 17 2013 08:57 GMT
#4154
i use old an old sennheiser
xgtx
Profile Joined February 2009
227 Posts
April 17 2013 12:11 GMT
#4155
DT770 Pro
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
April 17 2013 16:08 GMT
#4156
On April 17 2013 16:26 patrick-cheq wrote:
what is the best head set is going right now. Recommend me :-)


Probably still the Sennheiser HD800. The other flagships, beyerdynamic T1 and audeze lcd-2, 3 aren't as competitive technically. You'll want to pair them with decent source/amp.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 17 2013 18:37 GMT
#4157
On April 17 2013 14:34 dgsdm wrote:
Can someone give me some advice as to which headphones I should get? I'm open to any suggestions. I'm looking for something with good value and I prioritize comfort and lightweight over other things. Looking for full-sized over the ears headphones to use at home only.

I'm thinking about just getting the Sennheiser HD201 but they are about $25 and often go on sale for $12 or so. So I figured if I'm going to spend that much maybe I should look for something slightly better like the HD 419 or 429 and Audio Technica ATH M30.

Alternatively I'm considering maybe getting the Audio Technica ATH M50 because of the good reviews on it. I previously had the AD700 but they were waaay too big and loose on my head.

Is the Audio Technica M30 the best value under the $50 price range? How does it compare to the HD201 comfort wise and sound wise?

I need help deciding!


If you're looking for something under 50$, superlux was recommended earlier (albeit with an amp) and seem to have great ratings:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=superlux
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Reborn58
Profile Joined August 2010
United States238 Posts
April 17 2013 19:04 GMT
#4158
What is a great set of headphones for travelling? I was going to go with the DT770 Pro but I have seen a few people say they are not going to be great for use with a phone (no amplifier) and are quite big / heavy. Money is not really an issue, but I would obviously prefer the best value for the performance.
That's what she said
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
April 17 2013 19:11 GMT
#4159
On April 18 2013 04:04 Reborn58 wrote:
What is a great set of headphones for travelling? I was going to go with the DT770 Pro but I have seen a few people say they are not going to be great for use with a phone (no amplifier) and are quite big / heavy. Money is not really an issue, but I would obviously prefer the best value for the performance.

I mentioned this in an earlier post but yeah, for traveling, iems perform better in terms of isolation than a pair of closed cans. Plus they're way more portable. Especially since you mentioned that cost isn't a concern, you should go with JH16 or Heir 8.A. They're widely reputed as the best iems right now.
JosephAM
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada131 Posts
April 17 2013 19:43 GMT
#4160
On April 18 2013 04:04 Reborn58 wrote:
What is a great set of headphones for travelling? I was going to go with the DT770 Pro but I have seen a few people say they are not going to be great for use with a phone (no amplifier) and are quite big / heavy. Money is not really an issue, but I would obviously prefer the best value for the performance.


Like c0ldfusion said, IEMs might be better, but if you're really set on getting portable headphones, you should look into V-Moda
M100, Sony MDR-1R, and Sennheiser Momentum. They're all $200-$300, but you did say money isn't an issue.
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 99
ByuN 50
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1726
GuemChi 1215
Artosis 581
910 39
MaD[AoV]16
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever207
League of Legends
JimRising 751
Counter-Strike
taco 95
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox618
Other Games
summit1g8434
Day[9].tv657
shahzam500
C9.Mang0312
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick525
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur718
• Day9tv657
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 33m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.