• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:08
CEST 13:08
KST 20:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8062 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 214

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 212 213 214 215 216 244 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 15:31:55
September 05 2013 15:31 GMT
#4261
On September 04 2013 14:44 tecelery wrote:
So I have an HTC Cha Cha and I'm planning on buying the new Beats by Dr.Dre Solo HD this
[image loading] in either pink or purple (2012 edition with no monster branding). So I'm wondering if my HTC Cha Cha will be compatible with the Beats Solo HD's.


If you want to spend 200$ and are looking for a bassy headphone (which i assume you are because of the beats) then do yourself a favor and get something of appreciable quality like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378394953&sr=1-1&keywords=beyerdynamic dt 770

p.s. my god is that purple/yellow rage inducing.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
September 05 2013 15:37 GMT
#4262
Anyone have any experience with Asus Xonar DX sound card? Good/bad/worthless/any opinion at all?
TranslatorBaa!
Aleteh
Profile Joined December 2011
Denmark166 Posts
September 05 2013 15:39 GMT
#4263
On September 06 2013 00:37 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Asus Xonar DX sound card? Good/bad/worthless/any opinion at all?


I have it and its a good card for its cost. It has a good DAC and it can drive my 300 Ohm headphones easily
The Tyrant
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
September 05 2013 22:00 GMT
#4264
On September 06 2013 00:37 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Asus Xonar DX sound card? Good/bad/worthless/any opinion at all?


Good for the cost, but shouldn't but it for very high-end headphones, as it doesn't drive high-imp too good.
That's not saying that it CAN'T drive some high-impedance headphones, but you'd be better off with a cheap amplifier such as the FiiO E09K.

If you just need it for mid-tier headphones and sound system, then it's worth the dac/amp combo.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
tjobre
Profile Joined September 2013
Czech Republic1 Post
September 15 2013 18:48 GMT
#4265
Hi guys!

Im really new to this Hi-Fi world but Im really intrested in getting some new headphones and sound on my computer if not this problem of mine can be fixed somehow.

Atm I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 555 and they have done a great job at satisfying me while I listen to music and game on my computer over the past believe it or not almost 10 years. Bought them on the release date I think.

Yesterday I read that there was a way to mod these cans so that they basically basically become Sennheiser HD 595.
I did the mod carefully and removed those rubber strips and put everything back as it was before. I did do exactly as the guide told me to.

But afterwards when I tried to listen to some music, instead of having more bass from both left and right as you should get from the mod I only now have increased bass from the left side. The right side sounds exactly as before.

I opened up both sides and put back the rubberstrip on the cans and now the left speaker is still really bassy which I dont dislike but the right one got almost no bass at all so they are sounding really different. Keep in mind its the same even with the strip on so its not cause of them.

I remember I dropped one of the screws on the left speaker and it got magnitized by the speakers magnet. Its the side thats really bassy now. Could that be the problem or whats going on? Why is the left side much more bassy than the right when its not cause by the strip at all? Its the same with strip or not. Thanks for answers.
KiWiKaKi
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada691 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-15 18:50:58
September 15 2013 18:50 GMT
#4266
ur pro or ur noob , thats life
KiWiKaKi
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada691 Posts
September 15 2013 18:50 GMT
#4267
[image loading]
ur pro or ur noob , thats life
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 17:17:57
September 22 2013 17:15 GMT
#4268
My VSonic Gr-07 broke
Was listening to music then realized my left side just stopped
It wasn't gradual or anything, it just broke

I was really surprised as it was my first really big purchase
I was hoping it would last me more than 2 years :/
I didn't even treat them roughly, always storing them in a case after use

Bleh now I need to look for a new IEM replacement

Using my Sony MDR-7506 for now
Atleast these things are built like a tank, no matter how much abuse I gave them :>
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Mostha
Profile Joined March 2013
Netherlands63 Posts
September 22 2013 23:17 GMT
#4269
I recently switched my old Steelseries Siberia Neckband for a Steelseries siberia V2.

the neckband microphone just died one day. and I must say I wasn't that sad. the headphone was really uncomfortable and only wearable if I wore a beanie hat over it so it would sit better on my head.

The V2 on the other hand is really a blessing for me the audio is just what I needed, and the comfort is perfect. I can wear it for hours. Would recommend to anyone.

From
[image loading]
To
[image loading]
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 20:15:32
September 26 2013 20:14 GMT
#4270
Sorry if this has been asked, but what is a 100$ or less inner aural (I think this is the term) type of earbuds that have decent quality sound and more importantly have durable wiring for long long term use (so no issues with one ear going deaf etc)?

PS- It's for someone that listens to a lot of metal like COB, Slipknot, Dimmu Borgir etc.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-26 21:54:49
September 26 2013 21:50 GMT
#4271
On September 06 2013 00:39 Aleteh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 00:37 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Asus Xonar DX sound card? Good/bad/worthless/any opinion at all?


I have it and its a good card for its cost. It has a good DAC and it can drive my 300 Ohm headphones easily


On September 06 2013 07:00 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2013 00:37 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Asus Xonar DX sound card? Good/bad/worthless/any opinion at all?


Good for the cost, but shouldn't but it for very high-end headphones, as it doesn't drive high-imp too good.
That's not saying that it CAN'T drive some high-impedance headphones, but you'd be better off with a cheap amplifier such as the FiiO E09K.

If you just need it for mid-tier headphones and sound system, then it's worth the dac/amp combo.


TY friends, that's what i wanted to hear. Pretty much just need something for a pair of mid-tiers. I actually had a Xonar DG that I was pretty happy with, but the PCI slots on my mobo randomly died so I'm gonna see if a PCI E might end up better.

edit: though the FiiO E09K looks interesting as well I'll look into that as well, ty for th einfo.
TranslatorBaa!
SplitImpulse
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-27 01:18:06
September 27 2013 01:17 GMT
#4272
Hey, I would really appreciate some help finding a nice set of earbuds preferably in the range from $50-100. I'm not a terrible audiophile but something with decent sound quality is a must. I do not know anything about headphones whatsoever. Thanks!
KnT
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia243 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-27 01:28:07
September 27 2013 01:27 GMT
#4273
My GF bought me an Astro A40 for my bday. I'm pretty impressed so far, more comfortable than the steelsound 5Hv2 and the siberia that I've had. Sound quality I cant really commend on since I dont remember the quality of the others well enough

[image loading]
I played a PvP last night, he had stalkers I had stalkers they both shot laser. I lasered harder and won.
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
September 27 2013 01:33 GMT
#4274
On September 27 2013 10:17 SplitImpulse wrote:
Hey, I would really appreciate some help finding a nice set of earbuds preferably in the range from $50-100. I'm not a terrible audiophile but something with decent sound quality is a must. I do not know anything about headphones whatsoever. Thanks!
Earbuds or IEMs? Do you mean headphones that go in your ears or iPod style?

For iPod style, either the Yuin PK2 or Hisoundaudio PAA-1 Pro would be perfect for that price range (They are general considered highly in the under $100 earbud class). I have both and they are very nice. I slightly prefer the Yuins but either would be good. The Hisoundaudios are nigh indestructible. I usually go through 3-4 pairs of earbuds a year because I carry them in my pocket but the PAA-1 Pros have lasted well over a year. The matte finish is worn off but they still function and sound great.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
September 27 2013 01:38 GMT
#4275
I recently bought this:
[image loading]
Sony MDR-1RBT

It´s a bluetooth headset made by Sony.
I am more interested in comfort than sound quality and so far I have been really pleased with this purchase.
Sound is more than good enough and not having to worry about the cables will probably mean I will have this headset for a long long time
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
September 27 2013 01:50 GMT
#4276
I currently own some M80s, and the sound is great, but they aren't very bassy. I'm looking for a headset that is good for EDM. I like my Headphones to look sexy and was thinking about BEATs, but I've read so many bad reviews. Don't really know if its legit or haters.

Anyone have any experience with the V MODA M100s?
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
SplitImpulse
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2 Posts
September 27 2013 03:07 GMT
#4277
On September 27 2013 10:33 Ben... wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 10:17 SplitImpulse wrote:
Hey, I would really appreciate some help finding a nice set of earbuds preferably in the range from $50-100. I'm not a terrible audiophile but something with decent sound quality is a must. I do not know anything about headphones whatsoever. Thanks!
Earbuds or IEMs? Do you mean headphones that go in your ears or iPod style?

For iPod style, either the Yuin PK2 or Hisoundaudio PAA-1 Pro would be perfect for that price range (They are general considered highly in the under $100 earbud class). I have both and they are very nice. I slightly prefer the Yuins but either would be good. The Hisoundaudios are nigh indestructible. I usually go through 3-4 pairs of earbuds a year because I carry them in my pocket but the PAA-1 Pros have lasted well over a year. The matte finish is worn off but they still function and sound great.

Thank for your suggestions! I don't know if this is a forbidden word on this thread, but I was thinking something more along the line of Skullcandys that are both earbuds and block your ears against external sound. Also durability is a huge + because I am tired of going through cheap headphones in a month.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
September 27 2013 04:07 GMT
#4278
That would be IEMs

Here is huge resource

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-297-iems-compared-steelseries-flux-in-ear-flux-in-ear-pro-added-09-25-13-p-772
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
September 27 2013 05:37 GMT
#4279
On September 27 2013 13:07 JSH wrote:
That would be IEMs

Here is huge resource

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-297-iems-compared-steelseries-flux-in-ear-flux-in-ear-pro-added-09-25-13-p-772
Indeed they would be. And yes, Head-Fi is my go-to as well. The threads there are a great resource. I read up to find a good matching amp for my DT-880s and the one many people recommended has ended up being a real winner.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
leakey
Profile Joined May 2013
United States21 Posts
September 27 2013 17:26 GMT
#4280
Just ordered some Audio Technica ATH-AD700s. Will probably wind up diving down a headphone rabbit hole after this since all I've used my whole life have been ear buds and friends cheaper headsets (Turtle Beach tier xp).
Prev 1 212 213 214 215 216 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 387
RotterdaM64
Rex61
TKL 23
SteadfastSC19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko304
RotterdaM 64
Rex 61
Codebar 41
TKL 23
SteadfastSC 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3199
Shuttle 1225
Bisu 762
Soulkey 679
Horang2 570
Jaedong 552
BeSt 414
actioN 334
Mong 329
Soma 253
[ Show more ]
firebathero 250
Stork 196
Larva 166
Rush 161
Mini 126
Last 112
Hyun 103
Zeus 92
Pusan 87
PianO 74
ZerO 73
Free 69
910 68
Mind 65
Shine 57
Yoon 49
Snow 47
hero 40
sorry 40
Shinee 39
sSak 28
Sharp 28
Bale 22
Sexy 21
ToSsGirL 20
HiyA 20
ZergMaN 19
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
JYJ 6
scan(afreeca) 6
yabsab 1
Dota 2
XcaliburYe277
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1379
shoxiejesuss730
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes210
Other Games
gofns45577
singsing1876
B2W.Neo210
DeMusliM180
Pyrionflax170
Livibee140
KnowMe135
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV279
League of Legends
• Jankos1170
Other Games
• Shiphtur468
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 52m
The PondCast
22h 52m
INu's Battles
23h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.