• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:48
CEST 17:48
KST 00:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7677 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 190

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 188 189 190 191 192 244 Next
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
August 26 2012 00:28 GMT
#3781
On August 26 2012 09:26 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 09:23 slytown wrote:
On August 26 2012 09:20 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Does anyone know of any particularly nice on-ears they'd recommend??


Need a budget bro.


INFINITE!!!!!





Almost,,,, i am an enthusiast, so don't worry about it. I'm not gonna buy golden diamond studded monarch type stuff,, but you know,, quality stuff

Head to summit fi on head-fi.
© Current year.
Zinnwaldite
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1567 Posts
August 26 2012 00:31 GMT
#3782
On August 26 2012 09:28 CorsairHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 09:26 Zinnwaldite wrote:
On August 26 2012 09:23 slytown wrote:
On August 26 2012 09:20 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Does anyone know of any particularly nice on-ears they'd recommend??


Need a budget bro.


INFINITE!!!!!





Almost,,,, i am an enthusiast, so don't worry about it. I'm not gonna buy golden diamond studded monarch type stuff,, but you know,, quality stuff

Head to summit fi on head-fi.


aaahh, nice place,, i could jizz all over you,, thanks now i get to adventure a bit too .
We promise with a view to hope, but the reason to "accomplish" what we promised would be fear.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 00:36:23
August 26 2012 00:33 GMT
#3783
That's the most frightening thing I've ever heard because I was just about to recommend Head-fi myself. But be careful, some people over there are knee deep into snake oil.

But in the semi-reasonable price range (350-400), I'd say get the Sennheiser HD650. They're cookie-cutter because they're reliable, well rounded headphones from a reputable brand. They're a sweetspot as far as quality/price ratio goes.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
seaofsaturn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-26 01:03:12
August 26 2012 01:02 GMT
#3784
On August 26 2012 08:36 Djzapz wrote:
I wouldn't expect decent sound from wireless headphones under $200-300 and even then it probably wouldn't sound that great.

For $150 the Sennheiser RS-126 might be ok? Maybe not.


Yeah looks like its gonna be something from the Sennheiser RS line. The 120 (aka 126) uses radio frequencies however while the RS 160 or RS 180 use digital transmission which is supposedly free of white noise. The 160s are $180 which is a little more than I was hoping to spend and probably have the same quality of headphones that are half the price. The RS 180s are probably the quality I could get for $150 worth of wired headphones but are $250.

So yeah the thing I want is $100 too much :D I'll have to either pay up or stick with wired or compromise on the RS 160s.

Has anyone tried either the RS 160 or RS 180?
Photoshop is over-powered.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
August 26 2012 01:09 GMT
#3785
On-ears = supraaural (right? unless you're just attempting to make a distinction between stuff that goes into your ear vs. those that do not)... so not HD 650.

As for supraaural headphones, Sennheiser HD 25-1 II and Amperior come to mind, as do Grados. Actually, I'd prefer not to use any of them because I don't like smushed ears. I only do fullsize headphones and IEMs.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
August 27 2012 01:47 GMT
#3786
On August 26 2012 09:26 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2012 09:23 slytown wrote:
On August 26 2012 09:20 Zinnwaldite wrote:
Does anyone know of any particularly nice on-ears they'd recommend??


Need a budget bro.


INFINITE!!!!!





Almost,,,, i am an enthusiast, so don't worry about it. I'm not gonna buy golden diamond studded monarch type stuff,, but you know,, quality stuff



On-ear the best are Grados. If you can get the HF2s or the PS500s, go for it. A little cheaper the good options are the Sennheiser HD25s, Beyerdynamic DT1350s, and the Grado 325s.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
August 30 2012 00:10 GMT
#3787
So those ATH-M50s kick an incredible amount of ass for the $120 I got them for. They hold their own (reasonably well) against the HD650s.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
August 30 2012 00:13 GMT
#3788
On August 30 2012 09:10 Djzapz wrote:
So those ATH-M50s kick an incredible amount of ass for the $120 I got them for. They hold their own (reasonably well) against the HD650s.


What do you like about them? I was thinking about buying them but I settled for Sennheiser 419's that were $70 cheaper and had similar acoustics.
twitch.tv/medrea
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 01:12:50
August 30 2012 01:12 GMT
#3789
UE900 released. Looks good. Wonder how the reviews will be. I'm hoping for UE900 $95 on black friday.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
August 30 2012 02:40 GMT
#3790
[image loading]

anybody else have these babies? denon hp700. i've been using these for about 8 months, and man do i love them. the sound signature is perfect for me - detailed highs all the way down to the bass. the bass is very well controlled and is never too loud in vocal-centric tracks.
Marimokkori
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States306 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 13:15:49
August 30 2012 13:10 GMT
#3791
Looking to upgrade from some stock earbuds because I started working out/running while listening to music and want something better.

Budget: ~$50 USD
Priorities: Comfort/stays put > sound > price.

After some reading the sennheiser/adidas cx680 look nice.
[image loading]

Any thoughts? The 680i version has a mic/audio controls as well, but designed for apple, does it also work with android devices?


Edit:
Main music categories:
Techno / trance / etc
a cappella
rock
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
davesan
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom106 Posts
August 30 2012 13:32 GMT
#3792
Hi all,

Hoping someone here can help, I'm looking to upgrade from the Senheiser HD555's. I would like a similar style headphone (with slightly better quality sound!) but the headphones must have a detachable/replaceable cable (because i keep breaking the cables!!)

Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated

(Budget is around the £150 GBP Mark)

Thanks
Founder of Karnage eSports // http://www.karnage-esports.org
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 13:45:46
August 30 2012 13:44 GMT
#3793
I've seen some recommend the sennheiser hd558 but even though the sounds is pretty good the quality is suspect. My pair are basically falling a part, the plastic cracking all over the place. That's with frequent use for maybe 6-8 months (I've never dropped them or anything), just from normal wear and tear. In retrospect I'd probably choose something more sturdy.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 15:58:50
August 30 2012 15:57 GMT
#3794
On August 30 2012 09:13 Medrea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2012 09:10 Djzapz wrote:
So those ATH-M50s kick an incredible amount of ass for the $120 I got them for. They hold their own (reasonably well) against the HD650s.


What do you like about them? I was thinking about buying them but I settled for Sennheiser 419's that were $70 cheaper and had similar acoustics.

I haven't heard the Sennheiser 419's but I would be surprised if the sound was quite this good, even though I'm fond of Sennheiser myself. Many people have said that for $150-ish the M50's are kind of a sweetspot of quality/price and I would kind of agree that these sound fairly high end, especially since I got them for less than retail.

The build quality is excellent for one, which seems like it might be a given in that price range but it really isn't. The cups have all kinds of twists and pivots for adjustments and it all works well, it fits nicely and there's no squeaking from the moving parts. It just feels solidly built. The headband adjustments could be a bit stiffer but it's made out of solid materials. Also the connector is made out of metal, it feels rugged and it's heavy. That doesn't do anything except it makes me happy. I don't feel like I'm going to break them.

They're also fairly comfortable although they're new so they clamp on my head a bit, but they'll loosen up soon enough.

As for the sound, they do great given their pricepoint and the fact that they're closed design. I won't bother with explaining what the sound is like because I can never find words that satisfy me so it takes me forever to write anything, but they're very well rounded headphones - no sacrifices are made, the low, mids and highs are all present and not overwhelmed by other frequencies. The bass is quite powerful and controlled but again, not overwhelming. I prefer my HD650's more subtle bass for the most part but this can be quite good for "fun" music, especially when paired with my E11's bass boost.

Where they mostly fall short at least in my experience is the soundstage, although it's actually not half bad. Everything comes from close up - whereas with my HD650's, there's a sense of distance in some recordings that's not quite as pronounced as it is with the M50's.

I'll be using this when I go out, and I don't think I'll miss my HD650's too much. (Well, I'll miss them a little)
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
September 04 2012 14:29 GMT
#3795
So since I like this thread and it has been quiet for a few days, I'll ask a question. Does headphone "burn-in" exist, or is it just a perceived difference in sound that happens because people get used to the new sound of their headphones in comparison to whatever they were used previously?

Many audiophiles say that burn-in definitively exists, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that those people cannot be trusted. =)
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
September 04 2012 14:47 GMT
#3796
On September 04 2012 23:29 Djzapz wrote:
So since I like this thread and it has been quiet for a few days, I'll ask a question. Does headphone "burn-in" exist, or is it just a perceived difference in sound that happens because people get used to the new sound of their headphones in comparison to whatever they were used previously?

Many audiophiles say that burn-in definitively exists, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that those people cannot be trusted. =)

if you think it does, then it does. if you don't think it does, then it doesnt/
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
September 04 2012 14:56 GMT
#3797
On September 04 2012 23:47 ieatkids5 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 23:29 Djzapz wrote:
So since I like this thread and it has been quiet for a few days, I'll ask a question. Does headphone "burn-in" exist, or is it just a perceived difference in sound that happens because people get used to the new sound of their headphones in comparison to whatever they were used previously?

Many audiophiles say that burn-in definitively exists, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that those people cannot be trusted. =)

if you think it does, then it does. if you don't think it does, then it doesnt/

That's not how the world works ^^
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 15:14:44
September 04 2012 15:03 GMT
#3798
On August 30 2012 22:10 Marimokkori wrote:
Looking to upgrade from some stock earbuds because I started working out/running while listening to music and want something better.

Budget: ~$50 USD
Priorities: Comfort/stays put > sound > price.

After some reading the sennheiser/adidas cx680 look nice.
[image loading]

Any thoughts? The 680i version has a mic/audio controls as well, but designed for apple, does it also work with android devices?


Edit:
Main music categories:
Techno / trance / etc
a cappella
rock

My mate had a pair and they had a well balanced bass and all but when you are running you really want a pumping bass that will make you feel like superman. The earbuds was so loose that he had to apply superglue to make them stay on. Then the volumecontrol is far too large and clumsy and didn't scale well at all when you adjust the sound. You should look for something else.
"!@€#" - as some guy said
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-05 01:06:46
September 05 2012 01:01 GMT
#3799
Anyone have any opinions on the Seiheiser PC 350 or the PC 333D I can get both for 100$ off to replace my terrible analog Siberia v2's. The sound on the Siberia is great but the mic is probably the worst microphone I have ever used.

Buying one or the other tonight probably, only other option is a Logitech g35 at least at my work where I get staff discounts.\

*edit* After some reviews it seems the g35's might be a better option
MythSC
Profile Joined August 2010
13 Posts
September 05 2012 06:40 GMT
#3800
I own myself a pair of Sennheiser HD598's and i absolutely love them :D One of the best buys I've made for a while.
Amazon puts some pretty nice deals on them once in a while, as well :D
Prev 1 188 189 190 191 192 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 520
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30647
Bisu 2608
Shuttle 1699
Hyuk 1060
EffOrt 833
Mini 744
Soma 401
Larva 394
ZerO 243
firebathero 233
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 58
Hyun 45
Mong 44
PianO 36
Trap 36
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 28
zelot 16
Rock 15
sorry 14
Terrorterran 13
JulyZerg 12
Sacsri 10
Bale 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9296
qojqva1658
Dendi945
Counter-Strike
fl0m3150
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1391
crisheroes1051
Liquid`Hasu585
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1057
Beastyqt764
Mlord347
Hui .237
Livibee191
Liquid`VortiX149
ArmadaUGS124
KnowMe120
elazer80
Mew2King76
FrodaN17
CosmosSc2 15
ZerO(Twitch)15
Trikslyr3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7514
League of Legends
• Jankos1758
Other Games
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV210
Upcoming Events
FEL
12m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 12m
INu's Battles
20h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.