• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:07
CEST 19:07
KST 02:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8858 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 169

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 244 Next
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
May 25 2012 18:52 GMT
#3361
FiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifier - $84
Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones - $245

I'm struggling to choose between a Sennheiser HD 598, a Sennheiser HD 25-SP II, an AKG 601 for $350, or $300-400 audiologist molded IEM's for my personal gaming rig in the future.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k-601-headphones/reviews
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-598

Head-fi.org rated the HD 598 very well!~ I'm going to be playing in isolation mainly so this is my 1st preferred choice!
Support your esport!
beat farm
Profile Joined October 2010
United States478 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 19:32:20
May 25 2012 19:30 GMT
#3362
i bought a pair of V-moda lp crossfades
http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp/
im no headphone expert at all but they seem pretty good to me. i got them for a 100 bucks off of amazon.
[image loading]
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 19:50:33
May 25 2012 19:48 GMT
#3363
On May 26 2012 03:52 Alabasern wrote:
FiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifier - $84
Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones - $245

I'm struggling to choose between a Sennheiser HD 598, a Sennheiser HD 25-SP II, an AKG 601 for $350, or $300-400 audiologist molded IEM's for my personal gaming rig in the future.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k-601-headphones/reviews
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-598

Head-fi.org rated the HD 598 very well!~ I'm going to be playing in isolation mainly so this is my 1st preferred choice!

Good lord, K601 used to sell like $180-200 new, which was a fine deal if that's what you're looking for and if you have a powerful enough source for it or don't listen that loud. I don't know what's up with everybody going back to MSRP on that.

Check around for better deals in general. If you call up somewhere like J&R you may be able to get a lower price. IIRC people got HD 598 for under $200 after calling. $250 is too high for that.

If you're not using them portably, E7 is a dumb choice since the E10 is more powerful and performs better in pretty much every way, for a slightly lower cost.

HD 598 and K601 pretty much don't isolate at all, so that kind of makes me nervous with a "gaming rig" nearby unless that was built with relatively quiet computing in mind.
VirtuallyJesse
Profile Joined February 2011
United States398 Posts
May 25 2012 21:15 GMT
#3364
Hey guys, sorry if the information is already there, I only had time to read a few pages back. I'm looking for some new headphones to replace my ancient Sennheiser PX 100.

I'm asking here because this is more of a personal question (and you're all really knowledgeable), but I want some comfortable headphones. Something I can wear 10 hours a day and not break a sweat. Or at maximum mild discomfort. :p Good sound quality for all around music and gaming is important also, but comfort #1 for 100-300 USD. I'm really interested in hearing your opinions, thanks. ^^
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-26 14:01:19
May 25 2012 23:17 GMT
#3365
Good lord, K601 used to sell like $180-200 new, which was a fine deal if that's what you're looking for and if you have a powerful enough source for it or don't listen that loud. I don't know what's up with everybody going back to MSRP on that.

Check around for better deals in general. If you call up somewhere like J&R you may be able to get a lower price. IIRC people got HD 598 for under $200 after calling. $250 is too high for that.

If you're not using them portably, E7 is a dumb choice since the E10 is more powerful and performs better in pretty much every way, for a slightly lower cost.

HD 598 and K601 pretty much don't isolate at all, so that kind of makes me nervous with a "gaming rig" nearby unless that was built with relatively quiet computing in mind.


I'll be researching as much as possible before selecting a mid-range set. Thanks for the advice though. I bought a Sennheiser HD 448 before and did enjoy it's comfort and portable weight for an ipod and such.

edit = So far I've narrowed my selection to a Sennheiser 558 w/ a FiiO e10.

Sennheiser 558 ~= $180 on Amazon
FiiO e10 = $70 on Amazon
Support your esport!
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
May 26 2012 23:17 GMT
#3366
On May 24 2012 11:55 kineSiS- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2012 15:58 Aerisky wrote:
Is the E6 any good as a cheaper portable amp? out of curiosity

I really want to get RE-262s but they're so expensive...will havta wait for a bit x__x stuck with some generic sony sport in-ear headphones or something. Sound isn't very good I imagine, but at least they fit my ear well.


It's pretty good. You'll need an amplifier for the RE262. With their impedance of over 100 ohms rofl, they won't sound nearly as liquid without.

Super late replay, but thanks! Yeah I dabbled a bit in researching about this a while ago so do know a little about headphones I'm gunning to get the E6 and RE262 soon
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 08:43:03
May 28 2012 06:43 GMT
#3367
How good are alclair IEMs? Especially this pair for $250 before s/h.

Seems like they have a dual driver two way set for lower than JH Audio. This set has a high impedance too.

Anyone own these?
Support your esport!
VirtuallyJesse
Profile Joined February 2011
United States398 Posts
May 28 2012 12:43 GMT
#3368
On May 26 2012 06:15 VirtuallyJesse wrote:
Hey guys, sorry if the information is already there, I only had time to read a few pages back. I'm looking for some new headphones to replace my ancient Sennheiser PX 100.

I'm asking here because this is more of a personal question (and you're all really knowledgeable), but I want some comfortable headphones. Something I can wear 10 hours a day and not break a sweat. Or at maximum mild discomfort. :p Good sound quality for all around music and gaming is important also, but comfort #1 for 100-300 USD. I'm really interested in hearing your opinions, thanks. ^^

Nobody owns any quality comfy headphones? I feel like that Fry meme "shut up and take my money!" but I don't know who to throw it at. :D I know this thread is for more.. advanced talk and I'm just a pleb but I'd still love any recommendations. =)
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
May 28 2012 19:29 GMT
#3369
Sennheiser PC360.
Barteh
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands108 Posts
May 28 2012 19:33 GMT
#3370
As mentioned by Kinesis, the Sennheiser PC350&360 (one's just an open version of the other, I believe) are comfortable, within your price range and all that. For maximum performance on the PC series though you should get an Asus Xonar DG. Then you can get the unified Xonar drivers and set it to 60 Ohm mode. The Xonar card is an additional $30 or so, I believe. Definitely worth checking out!
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
May 28 2012 23:59 GMT
#3371
I'm circling back around to want a pair of headphones with an amp/DAC ofc.

I'm back to the Sennheiser HD 558 and a FiiO e10.
Support your esport!
G3CKO
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1430 Posts
May 29 2012 04:07 GMT
#3372
So my Sennheiser HD 555 decided to bite the dust. The casing is getting more and more cracked, and the right side driver just died. I'm looking for a replacement with similar sound quality and price range. Thanks!
┌⋉⊳∀⊲) ☆ If your soul has not truly given up, then you can hear the sound that races through the end of the world.
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
May 29 2012 04:12 GMT
#3373
On May 29 2012 13:07 G3CKO wrote:
So my Sennheiser HD 555 decided to bite the dust. The casing is getting more and more cracked, and the right side driver just died. I'm looking for a replacement with similar sound quality and price range. Thanks!


HD595 is an updated version of the HD555 (marginal differences). Get the HD598.

On May 29 2012 08:59 Alabasern wrote:
I'm circling back around to want a pair of headphones with an amp/DAC ofc.

I'm back to the Sennheiser HD 558 and a FiiO e10.


Get the HD598 if you want to go micless. It trumps the HD558. The FiiO E10 is a good budget choice.
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-29 04:15:24
May 29 2012 04:14 GMT
#3374
I've had a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880s and have never bothered to get a proper headphone amp for them. I just play my iPod with the volume all the way up which is a pretty acceptable volume. Great pair of headphones.

Edit: @the guy looking for comfortable headphones, Beyerdynamic over-ear headphones are very comfortable. I have no qualms wearing them all day.
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
May 29 2012 05:14 GMT
#3375
On May 29 2012 13:12 kineSiS- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2012 13:07 G3CKO wrote:
So my Sennheiser HD 555 decided to bite the dust. The casing is getting more and more cracked, and the right side driver just died. I'm looking for a replacement with similar sound quality and price range. Thanks!


HD595 is an updated version of the HD555 (marginal differences). Get the HD598.

Show nested quote +
On May 29 2012 08:59 Alabasern wrote:
I'm circling back around to want a pair of headphones with an amp/DAC ofc.

I'm back to the Sennheiser HD 558 and a FiiO e10.


Get the HD598 if you want to go micless. It trumps the HD558. The FiiO E10 is a good budget choice.


I've noticed the higher frequency on the HD 598 and also the cracking headband problems. Anyone here buy a newer pair of the HD 598, how is the build quality on the headband?

I chose the 558 over the HD 598 because of value, not the frequency range mainly.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-558
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-598#wiki

I'm geared more for the HD 598 atm, but I could also get a set of alclair IEMs for that price (plus an audiologist visit and mold!)
Support your esport!
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
May 29 2012 05:24 GMT
#3376
Frequency range doesn't matter. In the end most can cover around 40 - 16 kHz which is what most humans can hear.

Alcair custom IEM's are good but in my opinion customs below 400 are of a lower price to performance ratio than headphones and I'm sure anyone would agree.

The HD598 cracking headband problem has been fixed as of early last year, and Sennheiser's warranty is great anyways.
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
May 29 2012 05:26 GMT
#3377
I did love my Sennheiser HD 448s! I gotta get another job...
Support your esport!
kineSiS-
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Korea (South)1068 Posts
May 29 2012 22:18 GMT
#3378
Received CK10's today. Slightly let down, expected more I guess. They have this thinness to them. They just don't suit my genres that I listen to.
m4gdelen4
Profile Joined October 2008
United States416 Posts
May 29 2012 22:25 GMT
#3379
hey guys i have a pair of Senn hd650s. Im still a newbie at this. Anybody know of a good amp combo with these cans?

not exactly ready to invest in an amp yet just really curious. much thanks
it does to blue what blue does to you
m4gdelen4
Profile Joined October 2008
United States416 Posts
May 29 2012 22:31 GMT
#3380
On May 22 2012 01:39 squattincassanova wrote:
Seriously after having my Sennheiser HD800, I dont feel like listening to anything else.

They are way better than my HD595s, and they are much better than my in ear Westone 3 earbuds. I have headroom ultra dac/amp at home, and at work I use the Fiio E17.

I been bring it to work, but three problems. 1. The sound bleeds out like crazy and the old lady next to me keeps complaining. 2. Gotta be careful transporting it to and from work. 3. Its a big distraction because everyone comes ask me what it is.


:O 800s. lend them to me kthx?
it does to blue what blue does to you
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1104
ComeBackTV 1086
SteadfastSC525
TaKeTV 487
LamboSC2383
IndyStarCraft 181
Rex112
EnkiAlexander 57
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 525
LamboSC2 383
mouzHeroMarine 268
IndyStarCraft 181
ProTech146
Rex 112
BRAT_OK 85
UpATreeSC 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30947
Shuttle 1418
EffOrt 880
Mini 673
Light 673
Soma 481
firebathero 266
Rush 216
Snow 196
ZerO 149
[ Show more ]
hero 85
sorry 67
Liquid`Ret 55
ToSsGirL 30
soO 22
Sexy 21
Terrorterran 19
Free 17
Trap 17
Bale 16
Shine 14
Sacsri 13
Djem5 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7790
qojqva1905
Dendi866
420jenkins110
Counter-Strike
fl0m1443
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2037
crisheroes1185
XaKoH 194
Liquid`Hasu133
MindelVK6
Other Games
B2W.Neo1086
Beastyqt588
FrodaN526
ceh9487
ArmadaUGS195
Hui .180
KnowMe132
QueenE112
Mew2King79
C9.Mang078
Trikslyr75
Dewaltoss49
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 2
• Adnapsc2 1
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3825
• TFBlade1017
Other Games
• imaqtpie537
• WagamamaTV295
• Shiphtur251
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 53m
Stellar Fest
19h 53m
OSC
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 16h
Online Event
1d 17h
FEL
1d 22h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.