• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:43
CEST 16:43
KST 23:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8023 users

Headphone enthusiast thread! - Page 103

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 244 Next
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 11:24:13
October 25 2011 11:18 GMT
#2041
Unless I'm mistaken, Amazon currently has the HD558 at $144.99 as opposed the the supposed $229.95.

I was considering buying either these, the HD555, AD700, or the MT-50.
Obviously the last 3 I've considered since they are (relatively) on the same price range, but seeing as the HD558 has gone down(?) to just a few dollars higher I wanted to know what TL thinks about these 3 models.

Since they're also open headphones, anyone have any experience with the sound leak for any of them? I've only ever used closed headphones, how bad is it in public areas? (in terms of can other people hear me, and can I hear other people?)

About me, if it's of any importance.
+ Show Spoiler +
I would like to use my new headphones for gaming and music, mainly SC2 and shooters. I'm also starting to get into trance/dubstep/techno and all that and have not really experienced good Bass headphones, are they any good? Other then that, just plain old rock and roll and jazz.


Thanks so much for anyone who can point me in the right direction, any other recommendations are greatly appreciated although the low price on the HD558 has made me excited to get them before they run out of stock!
Cubbieblue66
Profile Joined June 2011
95 Posts
October 25 2011 21:20 GMT
#2042
Just got my new pair of Grado SR-60i's in not 15 minutes ago. They're the first nice piece of sound equipment I've ever bought. I'm excited.
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 21:45:37
October 25 2011 21:42 GMT
#2043
Has any of you guys tried the Bose IE2 in-ears? I'm looking to purchase a new set of in-ears since my old Creative Aurvana 2 in-ears died last week. Opinions and recommendation?
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
October 25 2011 21:48 GMT
#2044
On October 25 2011 20:18 Jojo131 wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, Amazon currently has the HD558 at $144.99 as opposed the the supposed $229.95.

I was considering buying either these, the HD555, AD700, or the MT-50.
Obviously the last 3 I've considered since they are (relatively) on the same price range, but seeing as the HD558 has gone down(?) to just a few dollars higher I wanted to know what TL thinks about these 3 models.

Since they're also open headphones, anyone have any experience with the sound leak for any of them? I've only ever used closed headphones, how bad is it in public areas? (in terms of can other people hear me, and can I hear other people?)

About me, if it's of any importance.
+ Show Spoiler +
I would like to use my new headphones for gaming and music, mainly SC2 and shooters. I'm also starting to get into trance/dubstep/techno and all that and have not really experienced good Bass headphones, are they any good? Other then that, just plain old rock and roll and jazz.


Thanks so much for anyone who can point me in the right direction, any other recommendations are greatly appreciated although the low price on the HD558 has made me excited to get them before they run out of stock!


Well the ATH M50 is actually closed
But the HD555 and AD700 are open
And yes, they will provide no passive isolation, so you will be able to hear others and others will be able to hear your music

Since you like the trance/dubstep and the bass oriented music, I wouldn't recommend the HD555 and the AD700, as they are quite lean on bass

The ATH M50 though have good bass and I would take a look at those

I'm not sure on the HD558 though
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
jazzyjazz
Profile Joined October 2010
941 Posts
October 27 2011 00:56 GMT
#2045
Hey,

I'm looking to buy the grado sr60i's for Christmas or something similar to that (around $100 USD or so). Are there any other recommendations? I usually listen to kpop, rap, classical, and some rock. I primarily listen through my desktop and maybe occassionally a sony mp3 player.

As well, are there any good places to get grado's in Canada? I've been comparing prices and the ones sold in Canada are like $50 more than the ones sold in US (comparing amazon.com vs amazon.ca).
Eat emmmmmmmmmm
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
October 28 2011 04:19 GMT
#2046
i figured here would be the best place to post, im looking for a new pair of headphones ($200 is upper max but i'd prefer around 150USD) im a musician so i notice everything wrong when i hear it out of my heaphones so basically i want high quality headphones, and sound > comfort but comfort is still nice to have tyvm
tUUTZ
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland122 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 13:34:04
October 28 2011 13:33 GMT
#2047
Every piece of "decent" headphones is so expensive. But I want one since I can't stand retarded Steelseries crap dying after 2 months or so.

What can I do?
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 16:53:30
October 28 2011 16:51 GMT
#2048
On October 28 2011 22:33 tUUTZ wrote:
Every piece of "decent" headphones is so expensive. But I want one since I can't stand retarded Steelseries crap dying after 2 months or so.

What can I do?

Koss headphones are pretty boss if you're broke.

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-PortaPro-Headphones-with-Case/dp/B00001P4ZH

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-KSC75-Portable-Stereophone-Headphones/dp/B0006B486K/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1319820663&sr=1-2-spell

They sound better than the siberia IMO and I'm 100% serious.

(In Finland it might be tough getting that price, maybe go for the HD201 or 202 by Sennheiser? if it's more in line with US pricing.)
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Narimasu
Profile Joined October 2011
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 16:59:18
October 28 2011 16:58 GMT
#2049
I use a Gamecom Plantronics headsett at home, and when going out of the appartment i use Sennheiser HD 201 headphones, and i need my Mp3 player and Sennheiser headphones with me else i get very cranky.
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
October 28 2011 17:53 GMT
#2050
I can vouch for the portapros that Fyodor posted.

I can't lug around my SRH840s everywhere, but I still wanted good music on the go. I hesitated between the portapros and the sr60is, but since they were so much cheaper and have a lifetime warranty, I went with the koss'.

Not dissapointed! Sound great for how cheap they are.
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 18:00:09
October 28 2011 17:59 GMT
#2051
On October 25 2011 17:33 foehammer wrote:
Alright guys im trying to decide between:

audio technica ath-a7000
Link: http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/c946e97b349766d2/

Sennheiser HD558 (which btw can be modded up to a 598)
Link: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/around-ear-headphones-acoustic_504631

AKG K 271 MKII
Link: http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,1064,pid,1064,nodeid,2,_language,EN.html

Shure srh840:
Link: http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/headphones/srh840-professional-monitoring-headphones

I'll be using them from my laptop, desktop or android phone with no amp or anything. I dont want the bass to be overpowering, I want it to be clean yet slightly stronger than a natural sound because i listen to a lot of electronic music (day 9-esque stuff as well as house/electro pop) as well as hard rock. I listen to some classical music as well as a lot of live music. Besides the bass restriction i just want the sound to be as clean, natural, and balanced as possible.

I want to know which one of those cans has the most balanced and natural sound as well as the nicest sound stage so I can finally decide!

Thanks for any help!


Well, the AKG's are as natural and balanced they get. But they do lack a bit on the lower end ( of course you can tweak it just a bit in the EQ).
However I use them for making music and listening anything from classical to black metal and they are just great. Comfortable too.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
KvltMan
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 10:38:27
October 29 2011 15:15 GMT
#2052
I'm sorry if this question gets asked a lot, but where would I be able to get my hands on a pair of Sennheiser HD212 pros? I'm aware that they don't get manufactured anymore, and I've scanned google for "legit" shops that sells them, but to no avail. The only "positive" result I've had in that sense is an ad on the indian ebay site, which doesn't offer anything but a stockphoto of the package..

Edit: Found what I was looking for!
Get crunk
Dara.
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom20 Posts
October 30 2011 12:39 GMT
#2053
Wondering if anyone can recommend a pair of in-ear headphones, looking for ones that I can use for listening to music and gaming. So far I've looked at the Thermaltake, Razer and Steelseries brands. Can anyone recommend any headphones from these brands or some others that I may have missed. I'd prefer ones that aren't massively expensive.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-30 17:06:18
October 30 2011 17:04 GMT
#2054
On October 30 2011 21:39 Roboza wrote:
Wondering if anyone can recommend a pair of in-ear headphones, looking for ones that I can use for listening to music and gaming. So far I've looked at the Thermaltake, Razer and Steelseries brands. Can anyone recommend any headphones from these brands or some others that I may have missed. I'd prefer ones that aren't massively expensive.


Price? What kind of music? Would you prefer enhanced bass (i.e. more than originally intended in some sense), mids, treble, or something more balanced, etc.?

Those are three common gaming peripherals brands, which are usually poor value for money for these kinds of products.
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
October 30 2011 17:08 GMT
#2055
meelectronics make some pretty decent budget in-ear headphones if you're going for the <$50 range... and they're fairly well made and comes with the accessories (case, extra ear tips, etc), so while it probably won't be beating any $100-200 IEMs anytime soon, it's fine for just playing games and listening to music.
Dara.
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom20 Posts
October 30 2011 17:10 GMT
#2056
On October 31 2011 02:04 Myrmidon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2011 21:39 Roboza wrote:
Wondering if anyone can recommend a pair of in-ear headphones, looking for ones that I can use for listening to music and gaming. So far I've looked at the Thermaltake, Razer and Steelseries brands. Can anyone recommend any headphones from these brands or some others that I may have missed. I'd prefer ones that aren't massively expensive.


Price? What kind of music? Would you prefer enhanced bass (i.e. more than originally intended in some sense), mids, treble, or something more balanced, etc.?

Those are three common gaming peripherals brands, which are usually poor value for money for these kinds of products.


Usually listen to metal, I'd like something with a balanced sound if possible. Can you recommend any brands?
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
October 30 2011 17:24 GMT
#2057
I know people in this thread are very much against those celebrity headphones, but did anyone have chance to get their hands on the Soul by Ludacris SL 300 or SL 150 and if they're any good/better than the beats by dr dre.

Just out of curiosity because one of my favourite bands is advertising them.
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
October 31 2011 07:02 GMT
#2058
I just got the Beats By Dre Studio Heaphones..

And I'm gonna be honest...

Not worth the retail value. If you can find them for less than half the retail pricing out there, then by all means go for them.. because worst case scenario is you don't like them but I bet you can still sell them to someone who wants a mainstream product and you'll probably make profit out of it.

Anyway, the reason why I don't think it's worth the value is because I mistakenly bought a fake pair off craigslist and when I eventually bought the real pair, the sound quality, bass, treble, everything was EXACTLY the same..

I was like... what..?? loll...

The real Beats by Dre Studio are barely better than my old SteelSeries Siberia v2 headphones... music wise.

But I don't think the headphones suck at all. In fact, I REALLY like my Beats by Dres.. but I can't say that they are worth what's listed on their website.. something like $350 CDN..

That's just.. outrageous..
nalgene
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada2153 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-31 07:34:40
October 31 2011 07:28 GMT
#2059
Do you ever run the audio at 1411.2 or 1536?

On October 20 2011 10:17 Galaxy77 wrote:
Can anyone recommend me some headphones between $100~$200USD that has a mic on the cable for handsfree? I commute a lot and I usually have my university notes on my lap. It's impossibly hard to hold my phone to my mouth whilst wearing conventional headphones.

I tend to listen to a lot of classical and solo pop singers. I like the sound of a good acoustic guitar too.

There should be a place near the nine dragon pond and the ladies street area/men's street area? ( it's a basement like area with multiple shops that sell audio equipment there and headphones. ) You can also try looking around the deep water pier's D exit near the golden arcade?
Year 2500 Greater Israel ( Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Gaza Strip, West Bank, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen )
tUUTZ
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland122 Posts
October 31 2011 15:33 GMT
#2060
Oh damn it's hard to buy headphones.

I've come to the decision of getting an AKG K272 HD, but seems like it's lacking bass. How bad is this "lack", I mean won't there be any bass? Would it be better to get Beyerdynamic DT770 instead?

I also need some recommendations for cheap but good soundcard.
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 244 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1092
RotterdaM666
SteadfastSC308
TKL 258
Rex126
CosmosSc2 38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 666
SteadfastSC 308
TKL 258
Rex 126
ProTech106
CosmosSc2 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44392
Calm 3459
Shuttle 2751
Jaedong 1839
Horang2 756
Mini 567
Rush 425
EffOrt 387
Soma 349
Soulkey 346
[ Show more ]
Stork 319
ZerO 248
Larva 239
BeSt 206
Snow 204
firebathero 121
Mong 119
Zeus 98
910 78
hero 74
Mind 72
sorry 68
Free 62
Sharp 49
Hyun 49
Yoon 48
Shine 39
Shinee 37
PianO 34
ToSsGirL 29
Pusan 28
JYJ 22
Sexy 20
Aegong 19
Bale 19
HiyA 18
Killer 17
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 11
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5275
Dendi1150
420jenkins47
Counter-Strike
fl0m2867
Fnx 624
x6flipin79
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King134
ChuDatz26
Other Games
singsing2212
hiko795
Liquid`RaSZi606
B2W.Neo393
crisheroes355
dupreeh270
ceh9252
DeMusliM215
Khaldor209
Livibee188
Pyrionflax185
Liquid`VortiX147
Hui .122
Trikslyr94
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 323
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV62
League of Legends
• Nemesis2060
• Jankos1643
• TFBlade573
Other Games
• Shiphtur494
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 17m
The PondCast
19h 17m
INu's Battles
20h 17m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.