• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:54
CEST 10:54
KST 17:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9805 users

TL Idol Voting! (finally!)

Forum Index > General Forum
122 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-11 21:59:12
October 30 2009 20:10 GMT
#1
Voting Ends November 14 06:00 TLT
Also, the schedule for everyone's sake (all times in TLT).
November 14-17 06:00 -- Submissions from the top 5.
November 17-24 06:00 -- Voting for the Top 2
November 24-27 06:00 -- Submissions from the Top 2
November 27- December 3 06:00 -- Voting for TL Idol Winner
December 4 06:00 -- TL Idol Announced



Quick Announcement!: So apparently I screwed up and managed to overlook one of the first entries in this contest (long story, please don't ask ) If I found this out earlier, I might've just gone ahead and restarted the voting, but since we're too far along now I'm just going to make this quick addition to the songs. I tried to put it in the pack and reupload it, but since I'm at home now and bumming internet from my neighbor again (can't complain, at least he's letting me use it), my connection's too slow and unstable. So I ask all of you to please download the last song here.
http://www.filedropper.com/tlidol_1
and continue with your voting. If you already voted and you want to change your vote, I'll allow it (for the next...24? 48? hours), but otherwise, everything continues on as normal.

You all waited and it's finally here! After many set backs and much stalling, you all can now vote for your favorite (or least favorite for hilarity) karaoke pieces.

First, download the song pack here
http://rapidshare.com/files/300144871/TLidol.zip.html
or
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ed535b9048b4a8a64c17ca8801618ef7e04e75f6e8ebb871
or
http://www.filedropper.com/tlidol
or (much thanks to XsebT)
On October 31 2009 09:03 XsebT wrote:
Here we go:

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +

Second, listen to ALL of the songs. Third, PM me or email me (tlidolcontest at gmail dot com) your vote for the song you want to win.

You have one week (or two, see below) to vote so get listening!

I believe we have enough to do at least a few rounds if the contestants are willing to record more covers. If there is enough interest amongst those who submitted, then half of the songs that receive the most votes will move into the next round, and then next round eliminate 2, then 1, then the finals.

If not, then I'll just post the top three after this round. If we do multiple rounds, then I'll keep the voting deadline to just a week in order to get to the next rounds quicker. If we don't do multiple rounds, and there doesn't seem to be that many votes after a week, I'll extend it for one more week.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
andiCR
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2273 Posts
October 30 2009 20:20 GMT
#2
God damnit cant download.

"You want to download the following file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/300144871/TLidol.zip | 49444 KB

This file can only be downloaded by becoming a Premium member

There are no more download slots available for free users right now. If you don't want to become a premium member, you might want to try again later."
Nightmare1795 wrote: I played a guy in bronze who said he was Japanese. That was the only game I ever dropped a nuke, which was purely coincidental.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-30 20:25:37
October 30 2009 20:23 GMT
#3
Bah, figured something like that would happen (only a certain number of people can download a file at the same time on rapidshare I think). I'll upload to mediafire as well, and if anyone knows any other decent hosting sites let me know.
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
October 30 2009 20:26 GMT
#4
www.filedropper.com
rinoh
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States335 Posts
October 30 2009 20:41 GMT
#5
www.4shared.com
베르사유의 장미
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-30 20:57:41
October 30 2009 20:55 GMT
#6
Oh my god. GTR's is definitely the best.

Although. You've ruined that song for me.
Etherone
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1898 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-30 21:09:02
October 30 2009 21:06 GMT
#7
im torn, two are actually really good, how is this possible. one has the added bonus of being a song I really like, but the other is so original. sigh*

there is a reason why american idol has more than one song sung ; )
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
October 30 2009 21:08 GMT
#8
GTR's is absolutely fantastic
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
YPang
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States4024 Posts
October 30 2009 21:09 GMT
#9
fuck yea
sMi.Gladstone | BW: B high| SC2: gold T_T
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
October 30 2009 21:11 GMT
#10
Downloading, this better be good!
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
October 30 2009 21:23 GMT
#11
+ Show Spoiler +
Who did Genie in a Bottle? I love it!
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
honey_badger
Profile Joined October 2009
Djibouti46 Posts
October 30 2009 22:53 GMT
#12
Aladdin remix was pimmmmmp
김명운 Queen Zerg
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
October 30 2009 23:04 GMT
#13
Genie In A Bottle is amazing!
GJ everybody!
화이팅
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
October 30 2009 23:04 GMT
#14
Can anyone list every singer next to the song?
Moderator<:3-/-<
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
October 30 2009 23:08 GMT
#15
Where's the boethius entry t_t?
Moderator<:3-/-<
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
October 30 2009 23:12 GMT
#16
someone upload these to youtube?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-31 00:06:59
October 30 2009 23:22 GMT
#17
On October 31 2009 08:12 CharlieMurphy wrote:
someone upload these to youtube?

I'm on it, though I don't know the artists yet.
*If you do not want these on youtube, please let me know and I'll delete them.*

*edit* scratch that; I'm a pirate, savy?
화이팅
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
October 30 2009 23:42 GMT
#18
The general impression I got from the entry thread was that people didn't want names posted. If there's a strong enough opinion against this then I'll throw in a list of names no problem.

Also, I was going to do the youtube videos, but if XsebT is willing to do them then I'm ok with that.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
October 30 2009 23:43 GMT
#19
On October 31 2009 08:08 IntoTheWow wrote:
Where's the boethius entry t_t?
Damn it, I knew I was forgetting something >.<

In my defense though, I didn't receive a PM or email submission.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-31 00:12:42
October 31 2009 00:00 GMT
#20
CHECK PAGE TWO

Now they're all here:
YOUTUBE LINK
I've named them the filenames from the downloaded files. Lemme know artists etc. and I'll change the names.
화이팅
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 942
Larva 628
ggaemo 617
Mind 575
Stork 319
Leta 177
PianO 138
Killer 43
Hyuk 28
Bale 24
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 22
yabsab 20
Bisu 10
Dota 2
XcaliburYe103
League of Legends
JimRising 393
Reynor99
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1148
Other Games
summit1g11113
C9.Mang0240
Sick208
Mew2King150
ArmadaUGS71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick545
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2342
League of Legends
• Stunt1316
• Jankos1095
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 6m
Online Event
2h 6m
FEL
7h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.