• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:10
CEST 10:10
KST 17:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8003 users

TL Idol Voting! (finally!) - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
122 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
October 31 2009 10:49 GMT
#41
On October 31 2009 18:55 gaizka wrote:
Aw, nobody did the pokémon song


I will if I get through. My song was Genie In A Bottle. Vote for me baby!

LOL @ tactics. But I seriously will.
ProoM
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Lithuania1741 Posts
October 31 2009 11:12 GMT
#42
:O, Genie in A Bottle is definetely a winner! :}
IMBA - International Mountain Bicycling Association.
kroko
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Finland2136 Posts
October 31 2009 11:45 GMT
#43
Genie in A bottle IS BEST BY FAR. I really didnt expect to hear such a good song here tbh..
I have Sick Timing and UnReal Macro
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
October 31 2009 12:13 GMT
#44
On October 31 2009 12:39 Last.Midnight wrote:
Everyone who listens to Genie In A Bottle I encourage you to listen to 3:09 onwards. That shit was hard to do and I want to make sure that it counts for something :D


ha that part reminds me of Rob Halford :p
anyways I already knew that cover so its nothing new for me but yeah it is pretty great... so it would get my vote as well, even though yesterday is very good too.


But who knows, maybe in the end losingid8 (who wasnt bad though) and GTR (who was fucking epic) will magically end at the top
beep boop
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
October 31 2009 12:17 GMT
#45
I'm capped so I can't listen to all the other ones but (assuming I can't vote for myself) I'd probably vote for the Evanescence cover. Vocally very strong. And I've never really found bad singing funny so it seems kind of obvious to me :D. Will wait until I hear them all to PM though.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-31 12:41:53
October 31 2009 12:40 GMT
#46
i need a new mic and better editing skills ;;
man i just realised i sang a bit i wasnt even supposed to sing
Commentator
Pika Chu
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Romania2510 Posts
October 31 2009 13:52 GMT
#47
Genie in a Bottle sounds absolutely pro... much better than the rest.

That karaoke one with evanescence wake me up is nice also.
They first ignore you. After they laugh at you. Next they will fight you. In the end you will win.
YPang
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States4024 Posts
October 31 2009 13:58 GMT
#48
On October 31 2009 21:40 GTR wrote:
i need a new mic and better editing skills ;;
man i just realised i sang a bit i wasnt even supposed to sing


i thought you're not suppose to be editing..... O_O?
sMi.Gladstone | BW: B high| SC2: gold T_T
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
October 31 2009 14:25 GMT
#49
On October 31 2009 22:58 YPang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2009 21:40 GTR wrote:
i need a new mic and better editing skills ;;
man i just realised i sang a bit i wasnt even supposed to sing


i thought you're not suppose to be editing..... O_O?
I'm assuming he means removing pops and cracks which is perfectly fine.

Actually...I haven't put down a rule discouraging voice editing yet, it seems to only be discouraged by the voters themselves.
Starparty
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Sweden1963 Posts
October 31 2009 15:18 GMT
#50
I voted for the beatles entry. It was a good song pick for a contest like this. vocals in genie in a bottle is just beaten down by the surrounding music - and even thought the rules allowed it it doesnt go down in my book, sorry
The artist formerly known as Starparty
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
October 31 2009 15:29 GMT
#51
So I don't get a vote because I made my own backing track but mixed it not quite to your tastes?

I mean I agree that it's a bad mix (I've improved a fair bit since then) but that's a pretty dodgy reason NOT to vote for someone. You could've just said that you think The Beatles entry was better and left it at that rather than supply some random ass "production related" reason to not vote when we're clearly not judging production value here.
Chromyne
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada561 Posts
October 31 2009 16:11 GMT
#52
On November 01 2009 00:29 Last.Midnight wrote:
So I don't get a vote because I made my own backing track but mixed it not quite to your tastes?

I mean I agree that it's a bad mix (I've improved a fair bit since then) but that's a pretty dodgy reason NOT to vote for someone. You could've just said that you think The Beatles entry was better and left it at that rather than supply some random ass "production related" reason to not vote when we're clearly not judging production value here.


He can give whatever reason he wants. This voting process is completely subjective.
Soli Deo gloria.
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
October 31 2009 16:32 GMT
#53
Noted and respected, just a little strange he'd make his choice based on production when most people are competing with very modest gear (myself included).
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
October 31 2009 17:01 GMT
#54
GTRs production > everyone else's anyways
beep boop
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
October 31 2009 17:02 GMT
#55
On October 31 2009 20:45 kroko wrote:
Genie in A bottle IS BEST BY FAR. I really didnt expect to hear such a good song here tbh..

"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
p53
Profile Joined September 2009
297 Posts
October 31 2009 20:18 GMT
#56
Wow, I didn't think people would actually try, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Genie in a Bottle was amazing! I also liked Yesterday, and K's Over was a great song choice.

[AhunGrY]MelOn
Profile Joined November 2008
United States357 Posts
October 31 2009 22:48 GMT
#57
HOLY FUCK gtr's is amazing
ahahah ruined my favorite song from snsd's first album
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
October 31 2009 22:52 GMT
#58
On November 01 2009 07:48 [AhunGrY]MelOn wrote:
HOLY FUCK gtr's is amazing
ahahah ruined my favorite song from snsd's first album


yeh it's my favourite too
Commentator
aeroH
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1034 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-31 23:08:21
October 31 2009 22:54 GMT
#59
man, genie in a bottle's pretty sick
edit : i'd put it in my mp3 on the spot if the sound quality was better
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
October 31 2009 23:21 GMT
#60
I'm impressed. Thanks for putting this together, Falcynn!
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 746
GuemChi 588
Leta 324
BeSt 240
Soma 174
Hyun 130
firebathero 110
Mong 68
910 48
sSak 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 26
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
HiyA 12
Noble 8
Shine 2
Dota 2
febbydoto11
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9523
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King347
Other Games
summit1g8228
olofmeister845
JimRising 484
Happy336
KnowMe48
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick455
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast34
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt440
• Jankos241
Other Games
• Shiphtur485
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 51m
Patches Events
7h 51m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.