• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:25
CEST 02:25
KST 09:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8527 users

TL Idol Voting! (finally!) - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
122 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
November 04 2009 05:59 GMT
#101
On November 04 2009 06:09 SonuvBob wrote:
We should have the top X perform live on TL vent to determine the winner.
I'm still waiting on a few PMs just to be certain of this, but if I do rounds I do plan on figuring out a way to make the finals a live event
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
November 04 2009 07:50 GMT
#102
On November 04 2009 14:59 Falcynn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2009 06:09 SonuvBob wrote:
We should have the top X perform live on TL vent to determine the winner.
I'm still waiting on a few PMs just to be certain of this, but if I do rounds I do plan on figuring out a way to make the finals a live event

That makes me nervous... there aren't a whole lot of ways I can think of to do that where we would actually sound anywhere near what we would irl. Vent and the like are awesome for talking but if I sang into vent... *shudder*
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
November 04 2009 11:01 GMT
#103
The live vent way is the fairest way I would think.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
November 04 2009 11:07 GMT
#104
probably, but a little difficult with timezones / internet connections etc. might skip so much you can't even hear wtf it sounds like.
Starparty
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Sweden1963 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-04 16:55:09
November 04 2009 16:52 GMT
#105
On November 01 2009 01:32 Last.Midnight wrote:
Noted and respected, just a little strange he'd make his choice based on production when most people are competing with very modest gear (myself included).


It could perhaps have to do with me being a producer myself
The artist formerly known as Starparty
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
November 04 2009 17:10 GMT
#106
On November 04 2009 16:50 uNcontroLable wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2009 14:59 Falcynn wrote:
On November 04 2009 06:09 SonuvBob wrote:
We should have the top X perform live on TL vent to determine the winner.
I'm still waiting on a few PMs just to be certain of this, but if I do rounds I do plan on figuring out a way to make the finals a live event

That makes me nervous... there aren't a whole lot of ways I can think of to do that where we would actually sound anywhere near what we would irl. Vent and the like are awesome for talking but if I sang into vent... *shudder*
Don't worry, if I do a live event, it most likely won't be through vent , I'm just using that idea as a jumping off point for what I may like to do.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
November 04 2009 21:21 GMT
#107
I'm kind of upset I forgot about this>

Still, there are some really good singers
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Kooun
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada260 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-04 21:41:34
November 04 2009 21:40 GMT
#108
omg chinese song @ the first one! lol
edit: and second last one, sorry if i missed the others
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
November 05 2009 06:00 GMT
#109
my vote is for whoever did "Yesterday"
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 08 2009 17:25 GMT
#110
So, when is the voting over? I am curious to find out how I'm doing.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
November 08 2009 20:19 GMT
#111
As am I :D
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 09 2009 07:35 GMT
#112
Well, based on the replies in this thread you're obviously No1.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
November 09 2009 09:41 GMT
#113
There could be a massive fetish for somebody else amongst the lurkers. You never know dude :D
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
November 09 2009 09:41 GMT
#114
Though I will acknowledge it's likely that I've done well.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-11 21:59:54
November 11 2009 21:57 GMT
#115
I was hoping to move onto the next round by last Saturday, but again I've had way too many distractions. Anyways, didn't want to just end it suddenly without any definite deadline, so I'll be moving into the next round November 14 06:00 TLT (for those on the west coast of the US that's noon on Friday). So anyone who still hasn't voted, get listening.

Also, the schedule for everyone's sake (all times in TLT).
November 14-17 06:00 -- Submissions from the top 5.
November 17-24 06:00 -- Voting for the Top 2
November 24-27 06:00 -- Submissions from the Top 2
November 27- December 3 06:00 -- Voting for TL Idol Winner
December 4 06:00 -- TL Idol Announced

I'm assuming that the submission times will be enough given that the contestants hopefully will have an idea of what songs they'd do by now. If not, PM me, email me, or post here. I'd still like to try to do a live event, but having flaky internet service is making the possibility seem less likely. If anyone would like to help run that, then PM or email me. Also, I've still been getting votes throughout this week, so it's not a total waste having this run as long as it has


Edit: or if you guys are getting impatient I could just announce the winner now, but the general opinion seems to be that rounds would be a more fun idea
Last.Midnight
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia906 Posts
November 13 2009 06:37 GMT
#116
Ok sweet so I guess we'll get a PM or something letting us know if we made the top 5 and are therefore required to submit another tune?
mnm
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States4493 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-13 20:56:53
November 13 2009 20:55 GMT
#117
On October 31 2009 20:45 kroko wrote:
Genie in A bottle IS BEST BY FAR. I really didnt expect to hear such a good song here tbh..

I was going to vote for unc until I heard Last.Midnight. Great job buddy.
http://www.teamliquid.net/store http://www.teamliquid.net/gallery/
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
November 13 2009 22:01 GMT
#118
I wasn't sure if the mods would mind me making a new thread for every round, so instead of making a new thread I just posted the winners of the first round into the OP of the original thread here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=102651

Thanks for voting in this round everyone!
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
November 13 2009 22:17 GMT
#119
Dude, you have to give us more than 3 days...a week, at least. Just cause I have an idea of what song doesn't mean I have time to produce a recording this weekend!

That, and thank you so much for all your hard work on this, a great idea, and we appreciate it!

Another thought: on American Idol, once they get to later rounds, each contestant does 2 songs. What do we think of multiple submissions for a better idea of what each player has to offer? Just an idea!
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
November 14 2009 01:34 GMT
#120
Genie easily wins. Uncontrollable was definitely not bad either
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 143
NeuroSwarm 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11010
Rain 1947
Artosis 579
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift3980
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox613
Mew2King232
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1084
Other Games
summit1g9768
shahzam704
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 496
PiGStarcraft266
C9.Mang0232
ArmadaUGS82
ViBE63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra557
• Shiphtur192
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 35m
OSC
21h 35m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.