• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6890 users

Whats your dream and what do you sacrifice for it? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Polyphasic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States841 Posts
October 08 2009 23:49 GMT
#41
On October 09 2009 08:27 illu wrote:
Dream: go to medical school.
Sacrifice: be unhappy for the rest of my life and die by myself.


hear hear, hear ye, hear him.

my dream as well. you sum it up pretty well. lonely and unhappy.
can't making a relationship last longer than 2 weeks, since 1984 :thumbs:
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
October 08 2009 23:49 GMT
#42
On October 09 2009 08:12 category wrote:
The problem is that classes focus too much on the numbers and the computation. It's just add/substract/multiply in different contexts or to find different quantities. On the other hand, real math is all about concepts and reasoning, and I feel like students are mostly being deprived of the enjoyable components of math.

Concepts and reasoning are the exact reason you should learn math, or learn anything in school--to learn how to think.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
October 08 2009 23:57 GMT
#43
On October 09 2009 08:49 Polyphasic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2009 08:27 illu wrote:
Dream: go to medical school.
Sacrifice: be unhappy for the rest of my life and die by myself.


hear hear, hear ye, hear him.

my dream as well. you sum it up pretty well. lonely and unhappy.


Wel, I think I forgot about debts. That's important too.
:]
Xusneb
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada612 Posts
October 09 2009 00:06 GMT
#44
On October 09 2009 08:27 illu wrote:
Dream: go to medical school.
Sacrifice: be unhappy for the rest of my life and die by myself.


You don't have to make those sacrifices to accomplish that dream, trust me! In fact, the interview will weed out the people who have such single-minded goals.
If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
October 09 2009 00:07 GMT
#45
Dream: Rule the world
Sacrifice: Everything else.
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 00:32:25
October 09 2009 00:28 GMT
#46
I want a harvard phd, so im getting a perfect 10 on my career average. Hell yeah.

I have sacrificed starcraft


Only for a while though...

On October 09 2009 08:49 Ingenol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2009 08:12 category wrote:
The problem is that classes focus too much on the numbers and the computation. It's just add/substract/multiply in different contexts or to find different quantities. On the other hand, real math is all about concepts and reasoning, and I feel like students are mostly being deprived of the enjoyable components of math.

Concepts and reasoning are the exact reason you should learn math, or learn anything in school--to learn how to think.


Yeah, to gain an analytical way of thought; to be able to analyse any problem and to come up with a solution corresponding to your current tools. Math is probably the best way to learn it.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
DM20
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada544 Posts
October 09 2009 00:34 GMT
#47
On October 09 2009 09:07 neobowman wrote:
Dream: Rule the world
Sacrifice: Everything else.

[image loading]
ForSC2
Profile Joined June 2009
United States580 Posts
October 09 2009 00:36 GMT
#48
To be able to turn back time and change the effect of events on people's lives.

What I would sacrifice: Practice only PvZ and ZvP till reaching progamer level while learning Korean. Then with a time machine travel back in time to 2005/2006ish and befriend Savior by possibly becoming a practice partner. I'd probably use an alias like sea.ruby or something. Someone that doesn't stand out and isn't particularly remembered. I would show him the build shortly after he defeats Midas and starts practicing to defeat Much. I'd explain the build to him first and show him why it's so strong so he can be ready. With his level of ZvP at the time he could still overcome Much without practicing specifically to beat him and because I spent 2 years befriending him he might trust me that this build could be a real threat. Then after I was sure he understood I'd just retire and continue my life as before except being 5-8 years older.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2883#comic
AlienAlias
Profile Joined June 2009
United States324 Posts
October 09 2009 00:58 GMT
#49
Being able to always work my hardest, and thus have no guilt or anxiety whenever i do something wrong because I know what i did was my best. That is my dream.
Mobius
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1268 Posts
October 09 2009 01:09 GMT
#50
my girlfriend to come back in love with me :'(
Entusman #51
only_human89
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States212 Posts
October 09 2009 01:14 GMT
#51
I want to see as much of the state's as possible. I'm becoming very interested in my countries politics as well. I would like to move to DC in the immediate future. Those are goal's I know I can accomplish. I guess the real dream for me would be to have Superman's power's! lol
"You're a pathetic, jerk, loser, and I wouldn't kiss you if I had brain cancer and your lips were the cure" LOOOOL
Polyphasic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States841 Posts
October 09 2009 01:15 GMT
#52
On October 09 2009 08:57 illu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2009 08:49 Polyphasic wrote:
On October 09 2009 08:27 illu wrote:
Dream: go to medical school.
Sacrifice: be unhappy for the rest of my life and die by myself.


hear hear, hear ye, hear him.

my dream as well. you sum it up pretty well. lonely and unhappy.


Wel, I think I forgot about debts. That's important too.


debts goes into the "unhappy" category
can't making a relationship last longer than 2 weeks, since 1984 :thumbs:
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
October 09 2009 01:19 GMT
#53
On October 09 2009 09:06 Xusneb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2009 08:27 illu wrote:
Dream: go to medical school.
Sacrifice: be unhappy for the rest of my life and die by myself.


You don't have to make those sacrifices to accomplish that dream, trust me! In fact, the interview will weed out the people who have such single-minded goals.


People with that kind of goals will fake well.
:]
ultramagnetics
Profile Joined March 2009
Poland215 Posts
October 09 2009 01:30 GMT
#54
Finding a wonderful girlfriend.. my ex-gf was crazzzzzzzzzzzy.
KH1031
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States862 Posts
October 09 2009 01:33 GMT
#55
my dream: retire before 40 and travel about the world

what i will do to achieve it: work until i get there.
ocoini
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
648 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 01:46:25
October 09 2009 01:42 GMT
#56
I'm transsexual, so my dream is to have an SRS (sexual reasignment surgery) to correct my birth gender. To accomplish this "dream" (nessecity) I need to take hormones and live in my percived gender role, and prove that I am functioning in that role on a day-to-day basis

+ I want to be a good musician
Fall in love, marry, have kids and die befor I get too sick.
Street Vendor Crack Down Princess-Cop!
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
October 09 2009 01:48 GMT
#57
coincidentally we talked about that topic in my psych class today ocoini :D
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
October 09 2009 02:03 GMT
#58
On October 09 2009 10:15 Polyphasic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2009 08:57 illu wrote:
On October 09 2009 08:49 Polyphasic wrote:
On October 09 2009 08:27 illu wrote:
Dream: go to medical school.
Sacrifice: be unhappy for the rest of my life and die by myself.


hear hear, hear ye, hear him.

my dream as well. you sum it up pretty well. lonely and unhappy.


Wel, I think I forgot about debts. That's important too.


debts goes into the "unhappy" category


I guess you are right; although this one is sort of prominent that it stands out by itself.
:]
AlTheCake
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada1071 Posts
October 09 2009 02:07 GMT
#59
My dream is to become one of the best Surgeons in the world.
I would sacrifice almost all my time, I couldn't bear to lose loved ones over it though. ):
Tien
Profile Joined January 2003
Russian Federation4447 Posts
October 09 2009 02:07 GMT
#60
My dream is quite simple. Become a multi-hundred millionaire or billionaire.

Then use that wealth to help augment / change the entire educational system.


Sacrifices: I spend maybe 5% of the money I make on myself, I invest the rest.


I'm quite content and in a great mood most of the time, but I'm never really happy and I don't really "enjoy" life.
We decide our own destiny
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings175
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
SHIN 123
Railgan 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69293
Calm 11325
Rain 2444
Bisu 1713
FanTaSy 822
Stork 570
Shuttle 520
soO 517
Rush 286
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Snow 218
firebathero 214
Last 169
Light 95
Mind 91
Pusan 72
Sharp 64
Sea.KH 61
hero 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 37
Free 36
Trap 36
Mong 33
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sacsri 14
Sexy 13
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8412
Dendi924
Counter-Strike
fl0m2160
byalli1023
x6flipin310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns35055
singsing2240
B2W.Neo600
Pyrionflax262
Trikslyr43
Chillindude12
Hui .7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 17
• Dystopia_ 6
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos2951
• Nemesis2587
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
OSC
10h 11m
Replay Cast
10h 11m
OSC
23h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.