• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6890 users

Whats your dream and what do you sacrifice for it? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Storchen
Profile Joined September 2006
Sweden4385 Posts
October 12 2009 15:55 GMT
#121
I would like to sleep with this girl I've been seeing and for that I'm ready to give up about half of the space in my bed to her.
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
October 12 2009 16:07 GMT
#122
my dream is to become a sc progamer (but since sc2 comes out it moves on to sc2 tho)

im sacrificing a lot of time that i could spent studying extra in school or spend time with friends which i want, on the other hand sc is my biggest passion in life right now so "practicing" is another word for having fun ^^

but i have more respect for ppl who are following their dreams or doing what they want over earning a lot of money or so~~
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
Igakusei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States610 Posts
October 12 2009 16:12 GMT
#123
I'm trying to reconcile a career in medicine with raising a family, and the thing that has to get sacrificed in that mixture is definitely computer games.
NvG.ShyToSs
Profile Joined March 2009
United States39 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-12 16:32:18
October 12 2009 16:31 GMT
#124
My dream is to move to Tokyo, Japan in the Mita or Shinjuku District. Travel all over Japan with my free time, and to help make anime. That is my dream. I sacrifice a lot actually...believe it or not. I am constintly drawing anime (forcing myself to get better) I am learning to read/write/speak Japanese, soon I am going to be a student for Art and 3D animation. My biggest sacrifice is leaving my family and friends when I do move to Japan
imweakless
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
757 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-12 16:41:26
October 12 2009 16:39 GMT
#125
my dream is to make my love ones happy! especially my mother...i dont think this will have a sacrifice!
KMK,Qri,GsD#1, UEE,stork jangbi for life!
p4ge
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada160 Posts
October 12 2009 16:45 GMT
#126
On October 10 2009 10:50 micronesia wrote:
To say something funny.

i find everything you say funny
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
October 12 2009 17:21 GMT
#127
My dream would be to resolve my fears. I have some that are rather in the way, social related mostly. But what can you sacrifice in return? It is a battle of will and courage. I'd give up quite many a personal possession if it could work that way, though.
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
ShaperofDreams
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2492 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-13 08:25:18
October 13 2009 08:25 GMT
#128
My dream is to sail around the world and create a legacy as an artist/thinker.

So I guess I need to become rich somehow to afford it, even though I'm heavily in debt.
Bitches don't know about my overlord. FUCK OFF ALDARIS I HAVE ENOUGH PYLONS. My Balls are as smooth as Eggs.
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
October 13 2009 08:29 GMT
#129
C- on iccup

Being a stage musician
ShroomyD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Australia245 Posts
October 13 2009 09:27 GMT
#130
My dream is to be a K-pop star... I don't know Korean nor am I Korean. I just wanna pimp it up like G-dragon ya know? I also have a distaste for generic K-pop and I wish to redefine it to my own liking`~`!`` ^^
아나코자본주의
theron[wdt]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States395 Posts
October 13 2009 09:32 GMT
#131
my dream is to own a wide array of firearms. what i have given up for it? about $900 US.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
October 13 2009 11:02 GMT
#132
On October 09 2009 08:11 Slaughter wrote:
My dream is to complete my masters degree and to get my PhD, then to teach at a university and be a productive researcher.


Me too. In comparative literature. I study in Paris at Sorbonne, I don't know if it is a sacrifice. It's like that when you are persuing a dream: both a hard and rewarding. I try to learn my 4th and 5th languages while reading a novel / day
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
XythOs
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
Germany520 Posts
October 13 2009 11:13 GMT
#133
Earning a living beeing a musican. It's very unlikely but I'll try.
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
October 13 2009 11:14 GMT
#134
On October 09 2009 02:09 BalliSLife wrote:
Being Happy, consistently

This and helping others to be happy. What I've sacrificed for it is a hard education resulting in a low paying job (physiotherapist).
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
Kong John
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark1020 Posts
October 13 2009 13:23 GMT
#135
My goal is to finaly get together with someone who doesent turn out to have a BF abroad -.-
Sacrifice: Give up my masterplan to rule the world
This is real life, where nerds must battle!
JFKWT
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore1442 Posts
October 13 2009 16:30 GMT
#136
On October 09 2009 02:50 Nylan wrote:
Happiness.


After all, all other dreams are just attempts at it.

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.

Personally (re: musical intruments) despite being somewhat able at the the violin and viola i still find myself lacking in skill and style, and those are my major instruments (don't talk about the piano).
Being stuck at D in iccup is certainly not a dream either.

Bottom line is that there are dreams and theres the journey towards fulfilling them - if you find happiness in working to realise the dream then that is a dream worth fulfilling. That being said my TL-inspired dream is to reach C level on iccup before everyone starts switching to SC2 =p
The calm before the storm / "loli is not a crime, but meganekko is the way to go!"
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings175
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
SHIN 123
Railgan 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69293
Calm 11325
Rain 2444
Bisu 1713
FanTaSy 822
Stork 570
Shuttle 520
soO 517
Rush 286
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Snow 218
firebathero 214
Last 169
Light 95
Mind 91
Pusan 72
Sharp 64
Sea.KH 61
hero 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 37
Free 36
Trap 36
Mong 33
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sacsri 14
Sexy 13
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8412
Dendi924
Counter-Strike
fl0m2160
byalli1023
x6flipin310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns35055
singsing2240
B2W.Neo600
Pyrionflax262
Trikslyr43
Chillindude12
Hui .7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 17
• Dystopia_ 6
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos2951
• Nemesis2587
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
OSC
10h 11m
Replay Cast
10h 11m
OSC
23h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.