• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:50
CEST 14:50
KST 21:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6929 users

Whats your dream and what do you sacrifice for it? - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
aRod
Profile Joined July 2007
United States758 Posts
October 10 2009 02:29 GMT
#101
Does Aegraen remind anyone of Glen Beck?
Live to win.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-10 02:49:52
October 10 2009 02:46 GMT
#102
On October 10 2009 11:29 aRod wrote:
Does Aegraen remind anyone of Glen Beck?


He's Glenn Beck with a slightly higher IQ, I would say.

OT:
dream is PROGAMER OF COURSE :D
or material chemist.... :0

so i either sacrifice education or starcraft.... hmmmmmm
:)
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
October 10 2009 02:51 GMT
#103
On October 10 2009 11:46 synapse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2009 11:29 aRod wrote:
Does Aegraen remind anyone of Glen Beck?


He's Glenn Beck with a slightly higher IQ, I would say.

OT:
dream is PROGAMER OF COURSE :D
or material chemist.... :0

so i either sacrifice education or starcraft.... hmmmmmm


If you are going to compare me to anyone, I'm more like Murray Rothbard, Lew Rockwell, Thomas Woods Jr., Walter Block, etc.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Snet *
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States3573 Posts
October 10 2009 05:15 GMT
#104
My dream is just to be able to live life without stressing too much. I want a job that I enjoy but that doesn't take up excessive amounts of time. I don't know what exactly I want to do for a living, so I guess I'm just keeping an open mind and allowing myself to consider things I wouldn't normally see myself doing.
adiyo011
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada125 Posts
October 12 2009 01:38 GMT
#105
Either true love or more importantly having a significant impact on the world for the better. I don't want to simply be a cog in the machine and be forgotten like millions of others.

I don't know what I would need to sacrifice but I would go pretty far.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 12 2009 02:05 GMT
#106
Dream: C on iCCup
Sacrifice: A whole lot of time that would be better off used on other things.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
October 12 2009 02:23 GMT
#107
get rich and retire young and have a stress free life of leisure... probably not going to happen though.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
October 12 2009 02:54 GMT
#108
Pass in a University here in Brazil, really fucking hard to get into.
Pretty much studying all day and sacking my social life
druj
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
137 Posts
October 12 2009 02:59 GMT
#109
To travel to every corner of the world, meet new friends, love everyone of them, and leave them for my memories.

To create stories, even if no one sees them, fictional and non, so I may have a channel for every experience worthwhile.

In the end, I'd like to die alone in the most remote corner of the earth, a vast space far away from everything, a beautiful sunrise over Kilimanjaro or sleeping in the snow below an Aurora Borealis, or even a makeshift raft over a moonlight in the Pacific, never to be heard from again, only to be a subtle influence in everyone I ever meet.

(I told this to my ex and she thought it was the most nihilistic, emo fantasy she had ever heard of, while we were watching The Notebook over with some pizza hut buffalo wings, with her farting every 10-15 minutes on the bed, fixated and tearful on the most unrealistic, self-indulgent, romance story ever conceived. Quaint.)
Once you play starcraft, everything else in life seems alot easier.
kaizenmx
Profile Joined February 2009
United States110 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-12 03:26:15
October 12 2009 03:25 GMT
#110
Dream: Graduate from college and make some decent amount of cash

Sacrifice: My girlfriend
toopham
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States551 Posts
October 12 2009 03:57 GMT
#111
On October 09 2009 00:51 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Earning money is the biggest dream killer


Now we know what killed Nony's dream of becoming progamer.
gg.
DIE!!!
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-12 04:03:38
October 12 2009 04:03 GMT
#112
Dream: World domination.

Sacrifice: Nothing.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
October 12 2009 04:41 GMT
#113
In the end, I'd like to die alone in the most remote corner of the earth, a vast space far away from everything, a beautiful sunrise over Kilimanjaro or sleeping in the snow below an Aurora Borealis, or even a makeshift raft over a moonlight in the Pacific, never to be heard from again, only to be a subtle influence in everyone I ever meet.


I can kind of relate to that. I wouldn't want to die in a hospital. I'd rather die somewhere where the last thing I see is some beautiful nature scene.
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
October 12 2009 07:04 GMT
#114
On October 10 2009 10:50 micronesia wrote:
To say something funny.

you succeeded.
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
October 12 2009 09:01 GMT
#115
My dreams are more like goals with different levels of importance. The most important ones for me are financial security and going further up my spiritual path. Almost everything that I do in my daily life is somehow related to those things. My ultimate dream would be to have enough money to sustain myself and for the rest of my life so that I can travel the world doing pilgrimages and working towards becoming self-realized.
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
October 12 2009 15:04 GMT
#116
On October 12 2009 12:57 toopham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2009 00:51 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Earning money is the biggest dream killer


Now we know what killed Nony's dream of becoming progamer.
gg.


thought the same :D
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
October 12 2009 15:07 GMT
#117
none of your business, and everything but my dignity.
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
October 12 2009 15:11 GMT
#118
I just had a bit of motivation hit me this morning, as I was taking a walk, for whatever reason.

Sadly, I don't have a dream that I can think of immediately. No idea whatsoever what I want to do in my life, and I don't really enjoy as much anymore. Even playing video games seem to be more of way to pass time than anything else.

Then this morning, as I'm walking, I thought to myself something like this "I have no idea what I want, but I know that I want to do my best to get there". Or something like that.

So, my immediate dream, I guess you could say, would be to get into shape.

Other than that, I just want to lead a happy life, regardless of how I get there.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
October 12 2009 15:28 GMT
#119
become known as the world's biggest foreign STX fan

become a game designer (already going to school for this)

become the world's greatest game designer/director and have my own game studio. Conquer every genre of videogames (not be one of those developers that just makes games in the same genre forever) and help make the medium more respected around the world.

make a first person shooter that doesn't have exploding barrels.
Free Palestine
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 12 2009 15:46 GMT
#120
Become a successful poker player (which makes u rich aswell)
1 arm pullup, 3x my bodyweight in dealift
Have lots of fun and avoid bad stress (I enjoy stress from challenges)
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings168
SHIN 120
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
SHIN 123
Railgan 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69293
Calm 11325
Rain 2444
Bisu 1713
FanTaSy 822
Stork 570
Shuttle 520
soO 517
Rush 286
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Snow 218
firebathero 214
Last 169
Light 95
Mind 91
Pusan 72
Sharp 64
Sea.KH 61
hero 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 37
Free 36
Trap 36
Mong 33
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sacsri 14
Sexy 13
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8412
Dendi924
Counter-Strike
fl0m2160
byalli1023
x6flipin310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns35055
singsing2240
B2W.Neo600
Pyrionflax262
Trikslyr43
Chillindude12
Hui .7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 17
• Dystopia_ 6
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos2951
• Nemesis2587
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 10m
OSC
10h 10m
Replay Cast
10h 10m
OSC
23h 10m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.