• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6890 users

Whats your dream and what do you sacrifice for it? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Halfpastnoob
Profile Joined June 2009
United States191 Posts
October 09 2009 02:11 GMT
#61
Find the meaning of life,and why we are all here,and if there is a "higher being" out there:/


Only one way to find out((
tl;dr
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
October 09 2009 02:11 GMT
#62
On October 09 2009 10:42 ocoini wrote:
I'm transsexual, so my dream is to have an SRS (sexual reasignment surgery) to correct my birth gender. To accomplish this "dream" (nessecity) I need to take hormones and live in my percived gender role, and prove that I am functioning in that role on a day-to-day basis

+ I want to be a good musician
Fall in love, marry, have kids and die befor I get too sick.


I think this is actually one of the more feasible dreams in this thread.
Moderator
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 02:21:31
October 09 2009 02:18 GMT
#63
I don't really have a dream. Other than the standard generic, money & lots of women. Although recently after looking at the blizzard office pics I kinda really want to work for them. I've always wanted to do cartooning or something ever since I was a kid and I have ideas to make some good anime since so many are terrible. Not nearly on my way to getting there though.
I'm happy with my life being how it is forever (minus all the tickets, car fees, and bank overdrafts). I could be in denial though.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Triple7
Profile Joined April 2009
United States656 Posts
October 09 2009 02:30 GMT
#64
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
지지이이이이이이이이이이이
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 02:32:06
October 09 2009 02:31 GMT
#65
work for nasa

Nothing yet, but probably a job and having to go to grad school and be broke for a while.
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
October 09 2009 02:37 GMT
#66
On October 09 2009 11:11 Halfpastnoob wrote:
Find the meaning of life,and why we are all here,and if there is a "higher being" out there:/


Only one way to find out((
It's 42.

My dream is a bit silly, but I plan on moving to Japan and becoming a professional reach mahjong player.
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
October 09 2009 02:39 GMT
#67
Get a Job that i love and be able to express myself creatively.... sadly I'm taking a totally different boring degree. FML.... and ya, Working for Blizzard would be totally awesome.... i would pay money for that
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
October 09 2009 02:40 GMT
#68
I'm currently living it. Low uni hours, government student support and the rest of the time for torrent entertainment, reading and gaming.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Artosis *
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States2140 Posts
October 09 2009 02:45 GMT
#69
starcraft
everything
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/Artosis
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
October 09 2009 02:48 GMT
#70
I have a dream but I dont think I can talk about it
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
nAi.PrOtOsS
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada784 Posts
October 09 2009 03:08 GMT
#71
My dream is to go into a career doing something that I love, which is Chemistry
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 09 2009 03:09 GMT
#72
To have a happy life, and see the world. As well as write a book.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
October 09 2009 03:12 GMT
#73
On October 09 2009 06:20 Machine leg wrote:
to only need to work 9 months a year and spend the remaining 3 in either

Tokyo
Seoul
New York
L.A
London

I would sacrifice most of my lambs



Be a professor! It works perfectly

I don't have a dream, I just do what I do because for me there is nothing else to do ;P
I will: become fluent in mandarin and japanese, get a PhD, live in a rinzai zen monastery
after that I don't care
KTY
HunterGatherer
Profile Joined September 2007
118 Posts
October 09 2009 03:16 GMT
#74
I dream to be Starcraft pro gamer one day.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
October 09 2009 03:22 GMT
#75
On October 09 2009 12:16 HunterGatherer wrote:
I dream to be Starcraft pro gamer one day.



everybody does
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Thavg
Profile Joined July 2008
United States35 Posts
October 09 2009 04:00 GMT
#76
Be able to drive an F1 car or a F22 jet fighter for a day. I'd give up almost anything to be able to do those things.
selboN
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2523 Posts
October 09 2009 04:30 GMT
#77
I'm in the pursuit of happiness! I will get there! This train will keep chugging, no matter the cost!
"That's what happens when you're using a mouse made out of glass!" -Tasteless (Referring to ZergBong)
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
October 09 2009 04:57 GMT
#78
i dream that one day i would have a dream
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
ForSC2
Profile Joined June 2009
United States580 Posts
October 09 2009 05:01 GMT
#79
On October 09 2009 13:00 Thavg wrote:
Be able to drive an F1 car or a F22 jet fighter for a day. I'd give up almost anything to be able to do those things.

By the way I read that it costs like 50 thousand dollars per hour to fly an F22. Something about how the skin to make it stealth capable wears out extremely fast I think the rain even dissolves it.
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=2883#comic
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 05:02:03
October 09 2009 05:01 GMT
#80
people tell me i'm a talented writer, i but almost do nothing for it. i spend a lot of time encouraging other writers who are promising.

My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings175
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
SHIN 123
Railgan 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69293
Calm 11325
Rain 2444
Bisu 1713
FanTaSy 822
Stork 570
Shuttle 520
soO 517
Rush 286
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Snow 218
firebathero 214
Last 169
Light 95
Mind 91
Pusan 72
Sharp 64
Sea.KH 61
hero 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 37
Free 36
Trap 36
Mong 33
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sacsri 14
Sexy 13
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8412
Dendi924
Counter-Strike
fl0m2160
byalli1023
x6flipin310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns35055
singsing2240
B2W.Neo600
Pyrionflax262
Trikslyr43
Chillindude12
Hui .7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 17
• Dystopia_ 6
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos2951
• Nemesis2587
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
OSC
10h 11m
Replay Cast
10h 11m
OSC
23h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.