• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:50
CEST 14:50
KST 21:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6936 users

Whats your dream and what do you sacrifice for it? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 05:09:04
October 09 2009 05:05 GMT
#81
To be really good in my field (Biology/Chemistry) and to be a solid drummer. I am working towards the first one currently and the second one...well...I haven't actually touched a stick in 2 years due to a situation beyond my control, but if all goes well starting next week I will again be working towards that goal.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't mind winning a season of liquibet.

Edit2: I think in my endeavors to be a good student I have given up both the 'normal' (for the area/group that I came from) life of not going to college and staying with the group to continue drinking/smoking etc., which I don't count as much of a loss, and also the 'average' college life of drinking and partying...which again just isn't really my thing.
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
October 09 2009 05:11 GMT
#82
Be rich enough so I can be relatively free from the burden of money.

I don't know what I would sacrifice. Not money, that's for sure.
Jaedong
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
October 09 2009 05:15 GMT
#83
I don't really have a dream. I'm actually really happy with where I'm at in life. I don't have much money at all, but I do what I want when I want. Ideally I'll have a bunch of money sooner or later to do what I want with it, but I'm just hanging out in a house with my 3 best friends in a college town with no commitments. Eventually I want to start my own business and move back to where I grew up and start a family and all that jargon, but for now I'm living it up and sleeping 12-14 hours a day =]
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
MezmerizePLZ
Profile Joined April 2009
United States30 Posts
October 09 2009 05:48 GMT
#84
On October 09 2009 00:51 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Earning money is the biggest dream


fyp
food
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1951 Posts
October 09 2009 06:08 GMT
#85
to never get older
Can someone ban this guy please? FA?
FredSanford
Profile Joined October 2008
United States70 Posts
October 09 2009 06:13 GMT
#86
i would give up a limb or a sense(probably not sight though) to travel abroad
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
October 09 2009 09:31 GMT
#87
Get a couple degrees, get a job that pays well and is interesting, get married, own a house, have kids...the usual.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 10:29:13
October 09 2009 10:27 GMT
#88
date a snsd member
ok on a serious note i want to travel a bit, doing the work i love (esports).
maybe go to korea, find a nice woman and live a happy life.

for now i just want to get into university and graduate.
Commentator
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
October 09 2009 21:07 GMT
#89
play poker fulltime and living of it (not like being famous and TV and stuff just internet poker)
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-09 21:23:52
October 09 2009 21:22 GMT
#90
Engineering a flashy social process like a revolution or something. Too bad there's nothing to revolt against.

Oh yeah, and a personal assault helicopter with unlimited fuel.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
October 10 2009 01:23 GMT
#91
On October 09 2009 11:07 Tien wrote:
My dream is quite simple. Become a multi-hundred millionaire or billionaire.

Then use that wealth to help augment / change the entire educational system.


Sacrifices: I spend maybe 5% of the money I make on myself, I invest the rest.


I'm quite content and in a great mood most of the time, but I'm never really happy and I don't really "enjoy" life.


sounds strangely familiar
Starparty
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Sweden1963 Posts
October 10 2009 01:42 GMT
#92
to get my music played. I dont believe i am sacrificing anything for it though, its a goal i work against and thats what im interested in doing.
The artist formerly known as Starparty
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
October 10 2009 01:48 GMT
#93
To eventually create an Anarcho-Capitalist society. What I would I give up? Everything if possible to see this achieved. Honor, Life, and Wealth.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
October 10 2009 01:50 GMT
#94
To say something funny.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-10 01:52:13
October 10 2009 01:51 GMT
#95
I have no dreams and that sucks.

I'm soon 22 still at uni and i still have no real ideas about my future job(s).
I don't know what should be my life goals either.

The idea to live just to have some children is kinda depressing #_#
I would prefer to be remembered for my work than because of my genetics/name.

fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
October 10 2009 01:52 GMT
#96
On October 10 2009 10:23 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2009 11:07 Tien wrote:
My dream is quite simple. Become a multi-hundred millionaire or billionaire.

Then use that wealth to help augment / change the entire educational system.


Sacrifices: I spend maybe 5% of the money I make on myself, I invest the rest.


I'm quite content and in a great mood most of the time, but I'm never really happy and I don't really "enjoy" life.


sounds strangely familiar


You can become a billionaire overnight. Move to Zimbabwe The amount of money you have matters little if you can't purchase anything with the money. Perhaps you should be content with the purchasing power of your money. The saying "Money doesn't grow on trees." is actually false. It does grow on trees, because our FRN's (Federal Reserve Notes), have no intrinsic value. It is valueless. If the FED wanted to it could print one billion dollar bills, and you would more or less forced to use them because of legal tender laws. It would in essence make the money worthless because the only thing that makes fiat money have any such worth is its scarcity. Compulsory measures to force you to use it, make matters much worst. There are though more and more businesses and companies not accepting FRN's and only silver and gold which is a good start.

However, as matter of law, the State makes it compulsory to force you to use only FRN's in the repayment of debt. Why can't I, if I wanted to, negotiate with my debtor to pay him in whatever he deems fit? Of course, if that happened, the State wouldn't have a monopoly on money, and then it couldn't just wantonly print and pay for whatever it wants; Wars, Welfare, etc.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-10 01:55:53
October 10 2009 01:55 GMT
#97
Aegraen who cares about Zimbabwe hyper-inflation and money printing in this thread ?
lol
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
October 10 2009 01:56 GMT
#98
lol yea

way to take it all the wrong way
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Aegraen
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1225 Posts
October 10 2009 01:58 GMT
#99
On October 10 2009 10:55 Boblion wrote:
Aegraen who cares about Zimbabwe hyper-inflation and money printing in this thread ?
lol


Well his dream is to become a billionaire is it not? I was merely illustrating the fact that the amount of money you hold doesn't matter. It's what you can purchase with the money. I think it's a fallacy that needs to be spoken more of.
"It is easy to be conspicuously 'compassionate' if others are being forced to pay the cost." -- Murray N. Rothbard -- Rand Paul 2010 -- Ron Paul 2012
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
October 10 2009 01:59 GMT
#100
On October 10 2009 10:58 Aegraen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2009 10:55 Boblion wrote:
Aegraen who cares about Zimbabwe hyper-inflation and money printing in this thread ?
lol


Well his dream is to become a billionaire is it not? I was merely illustrating the fact that the amount of money you hold doesn't matter. It's what you can purchase with the money. I think it's a fallacy that needs to be spoken more of.

Anyone in this forum who dreams of going to Zimbabwe to take advantage of their system is pretty strange unless I'm somehow mistaken.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings175
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
SHIN 123
Railgan 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69293
Calm 11325
Rain 2444
Bisu 1713
FanTaSy 822
Stork 570
Shuttle 520
soO 517
Rush 286
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Snow 218
firebathero 214
Last 169
Light 95
Mind 91
Pusan 72
Sharp 64
Sea.KH 61
hero 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 37
Free 36
Trap 36
Mong 33
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sacsri 14
Sexy 13
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8412
Dendi924
Counter-Strike
fl0m2160
byalli1023
x6flipin310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns35055
singsing2240
B2W.Neo600
Pyrionflax262
Trikslyr43
Chillindude12
Hui .7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 17
• Dystopia_ 6
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos2951
• Nemesis2587
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 11m
OSC
10h 11m
Replay Cast
10h 11m
OSC
23h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.