• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:06
CEST 19:06
KST 02:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12361 users

Whats your dream and what do you sacrifice for it? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
October 08 2009 17:50 GMT
#21
On October 09 2009 02:46 sh02hp0869 wrote:
To find a UFO and know we are not alone. Second dream is to rule the world as a Tyrant.


would you force everyone to play sc and kill the if they could not get above c-?
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
saritenite
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Singapore1680 Posts
October 08 2009 17:53 GMT
#22
Singapore is the next location for Esports.
See you fellas here.
omninmo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2349 Posts
October 08 2009 18:06 GMT
#23
On October 09 2009 00:51 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Earning money is the biggest dream killer

Zortch
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada635 Posts
October 08 2009 18:07 GMT
#24
My dream is to live a happy life. ^^
Its going well so far.
What do I sacrifice for it? Nothing, thats the point exactly .
Respect is everything. ~ARchon
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
October 08 2009 18:16 GMT
#25
To be a Pro Starcraft gamer

I would sacrifice 6 lambs.
Wishing you well.
Machine leg
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden52 Posts
October 08 2009 21:20 GMT
#26
to only need to work 9 months a year and spend the remaining 3 in either

Tokyo
Seoul
New York
L.A
London

I would sacrifice most of my lambs
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
October 08 2009 23:01 GMT
#27
Continually producing better eSports photographs. So far, I've sacrificed;

~ Over $5000.
~ A lot of sleep and most of my weekends.
~ Three months spent scrubbing toilets/living in a room with 4 other people.
~ Seeing my Mum for any extended period of time for 2 years.

In many ways it's been worth it though. I kind of wish I had the chance to travel more, but on my current visa I can't leave the country (Plus I get only weekends off from my job.) so I'm basically here for another year. I'd love to visit Japan again.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 08 2009 23:11 GMT
#28
My dream is to complete my masters degree and to get my PhD, then to teach at a university and be a productive researcher.
Never Knows Best.
category
Profile Joined July 2009
United States85 Posts
October 08 2009 23:12 GMT
#29
My dream is to improve the state of education, especially in math. Most kids in high school nowadays can't stand math and resent having to learn it, with a "when will I ever use this?" attitude.

The problem is that classes focus too much on the numbers and the computation. It's just add/substract/multiply in different contexts or to find different quantities. On the other hand, real math is all about concepts and reasoning, and I feel like students are mostly being deprived of the enjoyable components of math.

I got a good degree from one of the top5/top10 schools in the US. I could probably get a high paying job if I wanted to go into industry and work for some company (maybe not in the current economy, I'm not sure). But right now I think the average person's mathematical and logical literacy is just abysmal, and it needs to be remedied.
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
October 08 2009 23:18 GMT
#30
Mine is a bit ambitious, but it's to come up with an innovation in machine learning or AI that will make a noticeable impact on the world, in a good way. I'm on the right path so far, as I'm working towards a PhD right now in computer science, specifically in AI/machine learning.

I've definitely made huge sacrifices to get where I am now, such as
-- giving up great friends and family by moving to a different state for grad school
-- giving up developing my social life for the most part in order to make time for more studying and research
-- turning down a prestigious, high paying job offer in a great location in order go to grad school instead

Really, though, these sacrifices aren't such a big deal to me because I know this is what I want to do and wouldn't be happy with myself otherwise.
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
October 08 2009 23:20 GMT
#31
On October 09 2009 08:12 category wrote:
My dream is to improve the state of education, especially in math. Most kids in high school nowadays can't stand math and resent having to learn it, with a "when will I ever use this?" attitude.

The problem is that classes focus too much on the numbers and the computation. It's just add/substract/multiply in different contexts or to find different quantities. On the other hand, real math is all about concepts and reasoning, and I feel like students are mostly being deprived of the enjoyable components of math.


You're so right about this. An intuitive and logical understanding of subjects, especially math, makes them so much more of a pleasant experience. I'm not sure if everyone prefers it that way, though.
gumbum8
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States721 Posts
October 08 2009 23:21 GMT
#32
I really want to break 50 seconds in a 400 Meter run.
Optimally, I want to run a 45-46 my senior year.
What would I sacrifice? Every practice I go to is brutal, and I get home at 7.
but really, has anyone REALLY been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-08 23:29:58
October 08 2009 23:24 GMT
#33
My dream is to have sex more than 5 times in one night.

Seriously though, Id like to travel (I have a huge list of places I want to see) and enjoy my work, meet someone I really love, and maybe after I am tired of traveling have some kiddies.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
October 08 2009 23:27 GMT
#34
Dream: go to medical school.
Sacrifice: be unhappy for the rest of my life and die by myself.
:]
Trezeguet
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2656 Posts
October 08 2009 23:32 GMT
#35
On October 09 2009 08:27 illu wrote:
Dream: go to medical school.
Sacrifice: be unhappy for the rest of my life and die by myself.

Don't worry about the last part, there are plenty of people who get into med school to marry someone there for their cash.
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8927 Posts
October 08 2009 23:37 GMT
#36
Dream: to be self employed and still successful. This self employment cannot be tied down to any particular location allowing me the freedom to go whever the fuck I want and do whatever the fuck I want. Plus I get to swear.

Sacrifices:
- sleep (dealing with a start-up business while working full-time in an unrelated career)
- calm (long hours of work are a constant strain on my relationships)
- health (less time spent exercising or *not* eating microwave burritos and drinking cheap beer)
- prestige (current career is much 'fancier' but will be tossed by the wayside if all goes according to plan)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-08 23:51:40
October 08 2009 23:43 GMT
#37
I want to meet my GF. She lives in New York.

I also want to travel (first point lol), USA, many European countries, China, Japan and South Korea and Australia are in my list.

Also forgot to add that one of my dreams is to be pro in any form of competative e-sport game and I want the scene to flourish all over the world!
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Xusneb
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada612 Posts
October 08 2009 23:44 GMT
#38
I believe our conception of 'Happiness' is an illusion. The state is wholly temporary after once achieves a goal only to be replaced by yet another goal-seeking attempt. I prefer the word 'contentment' when describing a state of peace and well-being.
If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy
blue_arrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1971 Posts
October 08 2009 23:46 GMT
#39
On October 09 2009 08:20 AcrossFiveJulys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2009 08:12 category wrote:
My dream is to improve the state of education, especially in math. Most kids in high school nowadays can't stand math and resent having to learn it, with a "when will I ever use this?" attitude.

The problem is that classes focus too much on the numbers and the computation. It's just add/substract/multiply in different contexts or to find different quantities. On the other hand, real math is all about concepts and reasoning, and I feel like students are mostly being deprived of the enjoyable components of math.


You're so right about this. An intuitive and logical understanding of subjects, especially math, makes them so much more of a pleasant experience. I'm not sure if everyone prefers it that way, though.


i agree; profs use way too much long-winded jargon to describe simple and satisfying concepts. it should always be concept first and jargon later.

Also i want to make teaching a more highly-regarded profession; right now teacher salaries suck and incentives are terrible, resulting in lazy, uncaring and underqualified teachers at times. In fact, education as a whole needs to move to a higher plane of significance and existance than where it is now. There is way too much disparity in educational quality; and I'm not only talking about differences in educational quality across countries with varying economic wealth either, I'm talking about the extreme disparities found even within first-world nations.
| MLIA | the weather sucks dick here
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
October 08 2009 23:48 GMT
#40
On October 09 2009 08:37 Flaccid wrote:
Dream: to be self employed and still successful. This self employment cannot be tied down to any particular location allowing me the freedom to go whever the fuck I want and do whatever the fuck I want. Plus I get to swear.

Sacrifices:
- sleep (dealing with a start-up business while working full-time in an unrelated career)
- calm (long hours of work are a constant strain on my relationships)
- health (less time spent exercising or *not* eating microwave burritos and drinking cheap beer)
- prestige (current career is much 'fancier' but will be tossed by the wayside if all goes according to plan)


Can you tell us what your business will be yet?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM949
TKL 398
IndyStarCraft 276
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 949
ByuN 438
TKL 398
IndyStarCraft 276
BRAT_OK 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48724
Calm 3057
Bisu 1426
FanTaSy 466
firebathero 153
actioN 152
Sea.KH 52
Free 40
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 27
[ Show more ]
Pusan 25
Rock 23
Aegong 20
soO 19
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9075
Dendi1170
League of Legends
Reynor278
Counter-Strike
fl0m4973
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu75
MindelVK13
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1944
singsing1797
FrodaN904
B2W.Neo764
Beastyqt687
Khaldor509
olofmeister481
Mlord476
KnowMe294
crisheroes206
Livibee117
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick198
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 26
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach50
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV544
League of Legends
• Nemesis3100
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1481
Other Games
• Shiphtur714
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 54m
OSC
5h 54m
Replay Cast
5h 54m
OSC
18h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.