• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:13
CEST 03:13
KST 10:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6978 users

The Official Blazblue Thread - Page 9

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 24 Next All
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
July 07 2009 23:17 GMT
#161
KingKosi I'll add you

I won't be playing much tonight though one of my friend is coming over so maybe tomorrow. Myrmidon wanted to play tomorrow night so maybe we could do a channel and rotate
keikun17
Profile Joined August 2008
Philippines6 Posts
July 08 2009 17:45 GMT
#162
Bisu : 1a2a3a4a5a6a
V-13 : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
* * * * *
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
July 09 2009 01:11 GMT
#163
ggs Myrmidon

fuuuuuck v13 is so cheap
I need to learn Jin's combo... I feel like I'm just mashing right now. I rely way too much on icecar

I still have so much to learn about this game
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 09 2009 01:50 GMT
#164
Yah ggs. Don't worry, I had no idea what was going on either. Particularly ignore anything I tried with Jin. For some reason I couldn't remember that it was 6C that launches, so I kept trying to land counterhit 5C to see if that was it. I was desperately trying to remember any of Hakumen's combos and failed. That was bad. Also maybe I should look up what Tager's special moves other than 360 are before picking him. But as for important stuff, I figured out many things I need to fix with v-13 so it's all good.

You might want to ignore advice I have about Jin because obviously I have no idea how to play him but this is what I remember:
  • Ice car is okay for transportation, especially above v-13's 5D and low projectile. As you say, less of it, especially less of the B and C versions outside of combos. Not like I blocked any of those though. x_x
  • Much less rapid-fire C sword move. I kept getting it out by accident too because I thought I was still playing v-13 I guess lol. So I can't fault you here. It generally sucks outside of a couple situational combos (and even then, not as a combo ender).
  • As you say, learn some rudimentary combos first. 6C > dash cancel > 5C > 2C > air combo or whatever that is, something to combo after 6A, something to do after a 2A or 2B starter, etc. Not sure what's most important at this point, but the 6C into air combo is very useful.
  • End blockstrings with something that will help you keep the initiative or at least not hand it over. e.g. 236A or jump cancel a C move into an air sword projectile
  • Mix up the hop kick (is it 6B?) with other things like 5A, 2A, 2B to start pressure, or 6A for overhead, or throw. Throwing is nice.
  • You got me several times with the tip of 5D. That's good.
  • j.B is good against grounded opponents; use it more. It can cross up okay.
  • Don't whiff 2D up close lol. I was too confused as well to retaliate many times.
  • Your 623A/B/C seemed to hit reasonably often when used, so that's correct. Remember to combo into 632146C on counterhit for a lot more easy damage.
  • The D version air ice swords is great, and I don't remember you using it. I'd need to play Jin to get a feel for when to burn meter for it, but remember it's in your arsenal.
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
July 09 2009 05:53 GMT
#165
On July 08 2009 07:07 SayaSP wrote:
Kingkosi buy me bb

Ha nigga you crazy
Twitter: @KingKosi
eMbrace
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1300 Posts
July 09 2009 06:33 GMT
#166
Man I want this game badly -- but I can only play the 360 over the summer because I don't have my own console at school -- so it wouldn't be worth getting it =/

raawwwrrrr if only I was rich

MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 09 2009 07:43 GMT
#167
On July 09 2009 10:50 Myrmidon wrote:
Yah ggs. Don't worry, I had no idea what was going on either. Particularly ignore anything I tried with Jin. For some reason I couldn't remember that it was 6C that launches, so I kept trying to land counterhit 5C to see if that was it. I was desperately trying to remember any of Hakumen's combos and failed. That was bad. Also maybe I should look up what Tager's special moves other than 360 are before picking him. But as for important stuff, I figured out many things I need to fix with v-13 so it's all good.

You might want to ignore advice I have about Jin because obviously I have no idea how to play him but this is what I remember:
  • Ice car is okay for transportation, especially above v-13's 5D and low projectile. As you say, less of it, especially less of the B and C versions outside of combos. Not like I blocked any of those though. x_x
  • Much less rapid-fire C sword move. I kept getting it out by accident too because I thought I was still playing v-13 I guess lol. So I can't fault you here. It generally sucks outside of a couple situational combos (and even then, not as a combo ender).
  • As you say, learn some rudimentary combos first. 6C > dash cancel > 5C > 2C > air combo or whatever that is, something to combo after 6A, something to do after a 2A or 2B starter, etc. Not sure what's most important at this point, but the 6C into air combo is very useful.
  • End blockstrings with something that will help you keep the initiative or at least not hand it over. e.g. 236A or jump cancel a C move into an air sword projectile
  • Mix up the hop kick (is it 6B?) with other things like 5A, 2A, 2B to start pressure, or 6A for overhead, or throw. Throwing is nice.
  • You got me several times with the tip of 5D. That's good.
  • j.B is good against grounded opponents; use it more. It can cross up okay.
  • Don't whiff 2D up close lol. I was too confused as well to retaliate many times.
  • Your 623A/B/C seemed to hit reasonably often when used, so that's correct. Remember to combo into 632146C on counterhit for a lot more easy damage.
  • The D version air ice swords is great, and I don't remember you using it. I'd need to play Jin to get a feel for when to burn meter for it, but remember it's in your arsenal.


- ice car is terrible for "transportation." Against nu you SOMETIMES try to yomi C ice car over a 5D if you can't come up with something else.
- mash C move is what you do after 6A for his best combo off 6A. 6A is garbage though.
- cancelling into ground fireballs is really bad in pressure for the most part, other than maybe 236D. Jin shouldn't be doing long strings in pressure anyways.
- 6B is mostly to bait throws since you get a beefy combo on CH... not your move to initiate pressure with though. 2A/2B are good close pokes that lead to pressure/combo. 6A is garbage.
- after CH 632B, you can do 214D into combo from pretty far. After CH 623C, you can do 5C (2C) air combo. No reason to do super after either of those.
- it's always a good time to burn meter on j236D.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-09 08:53:50
July 09 2009 08:52 GMT
#168
Jin's j.236D is GREAT when you expect the opponent to attack you. It's pretty much guaranteed to hit them no matter what angle they're approaching from.

Btw, don't get into a habit of using ice cars or 6B in the same place in your blockstring over and over: they're easy to IB when you know they're coming (well, maybe not online 'cause of the lat). 6B is probably safe on IB if you cancel it into an air ice, definitely if you cancel it into j.236D. B and C ice cars are free combos on IB. A ice car MIGHT be punishable on IB (I'd have to check the frame data): I think it's neutral on block, so it'd be -8 on IB.

In fact, you should probably just avoid using 6B and ice cars in your blockstrings altogether.


3MC: how do you bait a throw in a game where you can option select between blocking and throw-teching? o_O
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
July 09 2009 10:04 GMT
#169
On July 09 2009 17:52 Bill307 wrote:
3MC: how do you bait a throw in a game where you can option select between blocking and throw-teching? o_O


How's that work? I thought this game was built to punish mashing throw to tech.

back + ABC?

I guess that'd be a good habit to get into then. If you do that while blocking / being hit will the game count it as a throw tech attempt?

Ghardo
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Germany1685 Posts
July 09 2009 10:40 GMT
#170
so I finally got the ps3 and after my exams next week I'm ready to play - yay!

just need to choose a character... I think I'll go for Ragnar or Jin as I liked Sol's and Ky's style best in GG.

I also read while informing myself that the learning curve for the chars looks something like that in BB:

Very Easy: Ragna, Jin
Easy: Nu13, Hakumen, Tager
Normal: Bang, Noel, Taokaka, Litchi
Hard: Rachel, Arakune, Carl

oh, and a player HeartNana recommended not switching chars after you've really decided which one you "like" best:

Whichever one you want to.

Here's a protip - If you start the game learning the character you want to, it makes it a lot easier to make that character your main.

People have this notion that they can start with Ragna or Jin and then suddenly after playing for however long, they'll be able to use Rachel. Wrongo. If you start off with Rachel, it becomes a lot easier to feel more comfortable with your character.

You can't get better at a character by not playing the character. Except for Ragna and Jin, just about everyone's combos in BB are different and not standard at all, so I don't see how you'll be able to make an easy switch, and you'll definitely lose a lot more after you switch too, and then you'll just think "screw learning that character, I'm losing too much".

This is just a general idea for the question. So the answer is, start off with the character you want to use, and if you really want to use them, don't give up at the beginning if they're hard to use.



which chars do you use?
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-09 11:12:35
July 09 2009 11:10 GMT
#171
nu 4 lyef of course.

And while that may be true for gg/bb, that's not at all true for marvel or sf People barely keep the same team for an entire set in marvel. And switching from any character to 3s chun has been proven to give better results, whether or not youve ever played chun before in your life

More importantly, post your PSN ID!

This game is finally teaching me how to block without a parry, or reversal shoryu fadc, or captain commando or SOMETHING to mash on to make the scary people go away. Not gonna lie, it's hard :D

Maybe that option select will make things less scary, I'll have to try it out.
anotak
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1537 Posts
July 09 2009 11:35 GMT
#172
On July 09 2009 19:40 Ghardo wrote:
Hard: Rachel, Arakune, Carl

wait...

As an arakune player I have to ask, is he REALLY that hard to play? Maybe I'm missing something, I certainly don't have any real comp in town right now since it's summer, I don't own the game either, just been playing the scrubbier people that are still in town and beating them with him and it really only felt like it was because the character was easy.

I guess really different if you're referring to top level play though, I can't say I know too much about this game.
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
July 09 2009 17:54 GMT
#173
From what I've seen I don't consider Arakune hard either..

Thanks for the Jin tips guys, I'm going to practice ;D

Ginseng
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States268 Posts
July 09 2009 19:34 GMT
#174
Ice car isn't a reliable method to get in on v-13, unless you predict them doing 6D or any sort of anti-air D attack. 5D still hits you during your startup/beginning frames, so if you get hit, it's free combo.
Contact me via the following: Twitter: @notginseng | Discord: Ginseng#9638
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-09 20:05:09
July 09 2009 20:04 GMT
#175
Trumpet: if you hold back and tap A+B+C exactly once when you anticipate a throw, you'll tech the throw if you got grabbed, else you'll FD block momentarily. Dustloop referred to it as Universal Guard.

You can't mash on A+B+C because pressing B+C twice in a throw tech window = no throw tech.


About Arakune: once you learn how to use him, he is very easy to win with, imo, until you reach the level of play where you actually need to do combos. His combos do look rather difficult.

Step 1: curse your opponent. Usually you want to get some space between you and the opponent, then jump and make a cloud. (If the opponent likes to run in when you jump, you can hit them with j.D instead. 2D also stuffs runners.) The cloud that goes over their head sucks, whereas the one that follows you is pretty much a free curse. 2D and j.D are also great moves for cursing people.

If you want to go on the offensive, your best cursing tools are the 6A 5D combo and j.D. I like to poke them with 2A first before hitting them with 6A. If 2A hits, you can do 2A 2A 2A 2C, or reset them into the overhead.

Step 2: once your opponent is cursed, keep recursing them until you win, and avoid being hit or thrown at all costs. FYI, if your opponent breaks one of your throws, you will lose the curse! And if you break one of their throws, same thing.

A useful tip: try to use as few C and D bugs as possible, since they drain the curse metre quickly. On the other hand, you should spam A bugs.

Another tip: whenever you do anything, get into the habit of tapping A and sometimes B as well to summon those bugs (A~B = piano-tap from A to B).

The first thing I do once they're cursed is jump back and cloud (and tap A~B). If it's the overhead cloud, I might make another one. Next, I might try to curse them directly with a surprise j.D or 2D. Otherwise, I do the following:

a) approach from high in the air
b) approach or cross-up with j.6A/B/C, then tap B, then A
c) cross-up again or feign a cross-up with j.2A/B/C (and tap A~B if you forgot to earlier)
d) jump again and repeat

If you're going to dive (j.2x) at them, you MUST NOT whiff it and land next to them, otherwise they can combo you for free. If you're not spaced properly to land on them, then either dive away from them or don't dive at all.

Try doing j.6C, B, A, j.2x in training mode and watch the timing of the bugs and your cross-ups. If it's timed right, the B bug hits them after the j.6C cross-up and the A bug hits them before/after the j.2x cross-up. That's what makes this pattern so hard to block. >
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
July 09 2009 20:18 GMT
#176
Bill do you own the game?
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 09 2009 22:23 GMT
#177
On July 09 2009 17:52 Bill307 wrote:3MC: how do you bait a throw in a game where you can option select between blocking and throw-teching? o_O

Bait throw, not bait throw break attempt. Because of the throw system, it's worth it for a lot of characters to go for throws as "reversals" to break out of frame traps or pressure resets.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Ginseng
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States268 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-10 01:21:34
July 10 2009 01:21 GMT
#178
[image loading]


Ice car ftw imo
Contact me via the following: Twitter: @notginseng | Discord: Ginseng#9638
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 10 2009 01:24 GMT
#179
l.m.a.o.
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 10 2009 03:33 GMT
#180
Need air ice car imo.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings63
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 142
RuFF_SC2 31
ProTech14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15348
Rain 2266
Artosis 622
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3772
Counter-Strike
taco 265
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Mew2King192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
Other Games
summit1g8558
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 542
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0248
ArmadaUGS69
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 146
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra574
• Shiphtur191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.