• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:32
CEST 20:32
KST 03:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8666 users

The Official Blazblue Thread - Page 24

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 All
CyuntiyuL
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada1740 Posts
July 05 2011 07:27 GMT
#461
On July 05 2011 04:24 CaffeineFree-_- wrote:

Really sick vid :o anyone still play CS2 much?


I've been playing CS2 up until today when my 360 got the rrod. ):
secret base
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
July 05 2011 07:28 GMT
#462
All I know is that Makoto is the only character that matters.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 05 2011 09:29 GMT
#463
No there is at least one other
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
July 05 2011 09:55 GMT
#464
Yeah sorry, its Makoto and then uh, is it Mu-12 or something? I know theres supposed to be one character that can sorta compete but is a clear Yang/Fei to Makoto's Yun.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
July 05 2011 10:21 GMT
#465
I picked this game up again and then quit. I press buttons for 30 seconds with lambda and then I look at their life and they took 10%. My friend hits me with a random poke that leads into 60% as Makoto.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
July 05 2011 10:34 GMT
#466
On July 05 2011 18:55 Zlasher wrote:
Yeah sorry, its Makoto and then uh, is it Mu-12 or something? I know theres supposed to be one character that can sorta compete but is a clear Yang/Fei to Makoto's Yun.

Nope. More like Makoto, Noel and Jin/Hazama.

On July 05 2011 19:21 Demoninja wrote:
I picked this game up again and then quit. I press buttons for 30 seconds with lambda and then I look at their life and they took 10%. My friend hits me with a random poke that leads into 60% as Makoto.

60%? That wasn't a random poke then. Also, he isn't too bad at doing the combos then+you are terrible.
Arakune can do a 80% combo
Merany
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
France890 Posts
July 05 2011 11:15 GMT
#467
Wanted to buy a fighting game a month or so ago and I picked BB purely because of the graphics that I find awesome (I'm a total noob so no idea if the gameplay would fit me). I'm trying to learn Jin right now and I have to say, it's really freakin hard, I have so much trouble doing the combos...
I also enjoy quite a lot pro-players matches, the site Dustloop has quite a lot of them as well as some good tutorials. Gonna train harder if I have some free time this summer
CyuntiyuL
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada1740 Posts
July 05 2011 16:44 GMT
#468
On July 05 2011 19:21 Demoninja wrote:
I picked this game up again and then quit. I press buttons for 30 seconds with lambda and then I look at their life and they took 10%. My friend hits me with a random poke that leads into 60% as Makoto.


Lambda is one of the more complex characters in the game while Makoto has magic series combos that do stupid damage. You wouldn't pick-up SF4 playing Dhalsim and quit because some Cammy/Yun ran all over you, would you?

This is why Blazblue has such a small scene in NA. Everyone thinks x is broken or y is broken when in reality the game is far more balanced than the rest of the fighting games released this year. Then you have the new fighting game players who started with SF4 and think Blazblue is too hard because there's not as much input leniency and they can't mash dp, and the old school gamers who played Guilty Gear and say Blazblue is too easy because not everything in the game is a 1-frame link.

Even if all of the above doesn't apply, they see it's an anime fighter and are immediately turned off by it claiming anyone who plays it is a "weeaboo".
secret base
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
July 05 2011 17:19 GMT
#469
Hmmm...I am not too sure about the game being balanced...at the very top, it seemed like Jin and Noel performed rather poorly overall until CS II came out. But I really cannot say anyone is really broken, but the "broken characters" seem to be just as overpowered as Protoss in D rank.
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
July 05 2011 17:57 GMT
#470
Obviously what I posted was a slight exaggeration. I'm gonna go ahead and say the real reason I quit is twofold. Using a character I like is not enjoyable and there aren't many people to play against.

1. The reason you listed. What's the point of trying to play a game when you're 1 of 3 players and the other 2 just pick Makoto because she's the best character in the game. Why should I even bother trying to pull through with the one character I like when my local competition just plays someone that's a lot easier to shine with?

And just to answer your question I certainly would quit if I played Sim and the only two local players played Cammy and Yun. Now that I think about it a little bit I wouldn't quit. I certainly would pick another character though and that's not really an option for me in BB seeing how I don't like any other character design.

2. Why am I going to put time and effort into a game when there's next to no competition. Playing the same few people over and over and knowing that you won't find tons of players no matter where you go makes it a bit eh for me. I play games I don't like such as SSF4:AE just because a lot of other people play it.
CyuntiyuL
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada1740 Posts
July 05 2011 21:09 GMT
#471
I agree with you, but that's the problem. Everyone has the same mentality, so no one ends up actually playing the game. As for local competition, that's a legit reason to drop a game. Online can only go so far. Overall, your first post just made it seem like you quit because you couldn't do combos with one of the more difficult characters in the game which makes you seem like a scrub. : p

There's only one other guy in my local scene that plays BB, but he moved away last weekend. I don't really play it seriously anymore as AE is where all the competition is at now, but I still register for it at the few tournaments where it actually gets hosted.
secret base
r_con
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States824 Posts
July 20 2011 15:18 GMT
#472
so i finally picked this game up last couple weeks and was gonna play bang because his combos felt right. Then i got the update....... can't play bang anymore. they took off wallbounce properties of his 623 B at midscreen and they made his 5b alot weaker. I also just dont like his rushdown anymore due to the nerf to nails. also.. 2 c i think they nerfed a little, not sure.

So i tried to play him, and i found that he wasn't the character for me anymore. I tried makoto, but she didn't feel right. Also tried valkenhayn cause i though he would play like slayer.... not really. I tried ragna, and it didn't feel right, his mixup options were meh, and his damage output was kind of meh.

I like rushdown characters, but for some reason, bang doesn't feel right.... So Now I'm practicing Jin.Getting his bnb down and stuff, as well as hit confirm 5c counter hits into massive damage


I just wish i could have slayer/testament/eddie/potemkin/sol though : (

I MISS SLAYER!
Flash Fan!
MichaelEU
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands816 Posts
October 01 2011 11:11 GMT
#473
Hey guys, I was thinking of entering this BB tournament.

http://www.redfightdistrict.com/home.htm

Not to win but just for fun. Actually, I only played CT and not CS and I can't say I was very good at it. So I'm probably gonna get a copy of CS and dust off my PS3 for this. Any things I should watch to get some sort of idea of how the competitive state is atm? I did watch a lot of BB when it was streamed at EVO.

I wanted to enter the SFIV tourney too but they play it on the 360 and I play with the controller.
世界を革命する力を!― znf: "Michael-oniichan ( *^▽^*)ノ✩キラ✩"
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 15:09:53
October 01 2011 15:09 GMT
#474
Blazblue, ugh it's been a while since i got to play it.

I do recall only being good at Iron Tager and later discovering he was universally considered the worst character in the game but considering i wasn't exactly aiming for pro's that didn't matter much. He just comboed so smoothly imo.

Hoping they release a new version soon, might spike up my intrest again. A proper sequel that is ofcourse.
Dice17
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
June 04 2012 01:02 GMT
#475
Hey I just played the very first blazblue for the ps3 and it made me want to get continuum shift extend does anyone that still plays this thinks it is worth getting? I want to be able to have all the characters and I know that on the normal continuum shift they are all dlcs that cost a lot of money.

Any advice would be nice
GamaBear #1 Fan! Sen fighting~
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
August 06 2012 01:14 GMT
#476
I thought about dropping this game after all the milking with CS, and with DoA5, TT2 and P4A coming out soon..but not now.



I..just..alsohdalksjdl;adjagjzkbdklabd,a :D :D :D
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 29 2013 16:52 GMT
#477
Anyone still alive in this thread? My attempts to revive the Guilty Gear thread on TL have failed.

I've been playing BBCSE a lot more lately. It's a good time to get into the series, since BBCP will be coming out later this year, and the current iteration goes for like $10-15 used. I'm not great, but feel free to post questions here or add me on PSN (ItsCelerity) and I'll help as much as I can.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
blackone
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1314 Posts
March 29 2013 17:36 GMT
#478
Is it true that the console version of the next one is going to be PS3 only? I wanted to try and get into blazblue, but if the Xbox 360 version is dead in 6 months it's not really worth it.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 29 2013 17:47 GMT
#479
On March 30 2013 02:36 blackone wrote:
Is it true that the console version of the next one is going to be PS3 only? I wanted to try and get into blazblue, but if the Xbox 360 version is dead in 6 months it's not really worth it.


It hasn't been confirmed, but I would be surprised if it didn't get released for 360. You're right that the 360 online scene is way more dead than PS3, but sales of CSE were about equal between platforms, and more people play P4A online on 360, so I assume a 360 online scene will exist for BBCP.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-29 19:21:42
March 29 2013 19:18 GMT
#480
By the way, here are some of my favorite new remixes to get you hype for BBCP:

Mu-12 - Sword of Doom II (DA BES)

Noel Vermillion- Bullet Dance II

Arakune - Thin RED Line II

Makoto Nanaya - Alexandrite II

Taokaka - Catus Carnival II

Valkenhayn R. Hellsing - Howling Moon II

We found Dove in a soapless place.
Prev 1 22 23 24 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM786
TKL 324
TaKeTV 320
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 114
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 786
TKL 324
IndyStarCraft 212
MaxPax 175
BRAT_OK 114
UpATreeSC 90
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 18
JuggernautJason13
Nathanias 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 176
White-Ra 130
firebathero 122
910 56
Barracks 52
Hyun 36
Trap 29
Bale 25
Killer 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
soO 14
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4095
Counter-Strike
Fnx 765
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6929
crisheroes1742
Liquid`Hasu1544
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3641
singsing1764
Beastyqt768
ceh9653
B2W.Neo527
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe90
Trikslyr53
Dewaltoss44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream432
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 84
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix15
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2070
• TFBlade702
Other Games
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 28m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 28m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.