• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9925 users

The Official Blazblue Thread - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 24 Next All
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
August 04 2009 06:05 GMT
#281
On August 04 2009 14:57 SayaSP wrote:
Lmao having problems with nu combos


Hey all Nu have to start somewhere =/

On August 04 2009 15:01 Trumpet wrote:
Depends on positioning. I do j.DD > dj.2DD >214D. Had the same problem and dj.2DD seems to just work much better.


Can you tell me when you jump do you do 7, 8, or 9?
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 06:11:12
August 04 2009 06:06 GMT
#282
In any of those combos, interpret dj.DD to mean "dj.DD or dj.2DD, whichever will hit." A second j.DD will often miss the medium and smaller characters depending on the exact positioning. j.2DD hits lower than j.DD of course. Actually, use dj.2DD by default. However, on some characters you can actually do j.DD > j.2DD per jump in some situations for more damage.

Anyhow if in any of the air combos (especially the air C combos) you feel like the positioning is wacky and normal continuation of the combo is not possible, just go ahead and end the combo with j.214D. You're right at least in going for the combo ender, although using j.2DD should fix the current issue.

edit: 7, 8, or 9 for the double jump depends on spacing as well. Again, keep in mind that j.D hits closer and higher than j.2D so both the double jump and continuation are going to depend on the spacing and the character. Luckily, there's a lot of leeway and multiple options will often work.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 06:09:41
August 04 2009 06:09 GMT
#283
I usually jump back I think.

Out of curiosity, can you do that juggle outside of the throw combo (Like, anti air 6dd -> 2dd -> jdd -> dj.2dd -> 214d or 5dd -> 4dd -> 236D [RC] 5dd -> 6dd -> 2dd -> jdd -> dj.2dd -> 214d)?
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 06:17:09
August 04 2009 06:14 GMT
#284
Yeah I can do the second one up until the dj.2dd haha. I haven't tried the first one yet, I'll go try now.

Oh yeah and thanks for the tip about dj.2dd I'll go try that now as well >_>
Ginseng
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States268 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 06:37:21
August 04 2009 06:24 GMT
#285
Oh hai guys. How did your tourney go Trumpet?

EDIT: Myrmidon, PSN doesn't have a true-skill ranking, and to be honest, it shouldn't really matter. I don't think people take the rankings seriously anyways :/
Contact me via the following: Twitter: @notginseng | Discord: Ginseng#9638
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
August 04 2009 06:31 GMT
#286
Okay so the 2dd tip definitely helped. I think I just need to practice knowing which one to use depending on the situation and I'll be good about it and yeah Trumpet I can pull those off.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 06:38:29
August 04 2009 06:37 GMT
#287
On August 04 2009 15:24 Ginseng wrote:
Oh hai guys. How did your tourney go Trumpet?


3rd. I can't complain though, the players I lost to were both a good bit better than me heheh (I will complain about that nu mirror match in the meantime, it still makes no sense even after playing it in a tourney! x.x)

Edit: If you can do the anti air and the RC combo, the throw is literally the exact same thing lol.

Also, what is this trueskill nonsense?
Ginseng
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States268 Posts
August 04 2009 06:40 GMT
#288
Trueskill is some ranking x360 players have. It's basically another page in the ranking section which gives a player a "true-skill" ranking in the form of points, but it's kinda bs how it works lol.
Contact me via the following: Twitter: @notginseng | Discord: Ginseng#9638
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
August 04 2009 06:41 GMT
#289
Yeah I know they're the same thing, I'm messing up at the same spot for both of them haha =) and the rankings really aren't that accurate.
Ginseng
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States268 Posts
August 04 2009 06:44 GMT
#290
You two should play each other for the lag nu mirrors.
Contact me via the following: Twitter: @notginseng | Discord: Ginseng#9638
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
August 04 2009 14:28 GMT
#291
Obviously online rankings are for giggles and such for a number of reasons, but this one is at least a better indicator of skill than total number of wins accumulated (and level) because its one of those ELO-variant type systems that keeps track of projected level and uncertainty factors, etc. The practical benefit is that the game indexes players this way for "same skill" ranked match searches; granted, I don't even use that parameter. I dunno, I just use "same area only" and keep cycling until I find a non-blue connection. -_-;;
scbwnewb1
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
95 Posts
August 04 2009 15:39 GMT
#292
i wish i was good enough for lag to even remotely effect my games

that being said, the trueskill rating is a little off for me, i end up playing people that are very high in true skill, but because they dont know the matchup (no one plays carl) i can usually sneak some cheesy victories in,
anotak
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1537 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 15:50:57
August 04 2009 15:41 GMT
#293
Hey, does anyone have a link to a matchup chart? I can't find it by googling or checking on dustloop.

The guy that plays this with me sometimes locally always makes seemingly absurd claims about matchups against my arakune. He even claims that arakune beats V13, which is one that I feel pretty positively isn't true. He always is talking about how broken arakune is and he's basically a win button, and then he goes and picks him and we play 20 games of arakune mirror match and I win all of them. Arakune does seem pretty ridiculous but I just want to have the actual knowledge of what the matchups are so he doesn't spout shit at me. At one point he's playing taokaka and we're having pretty fucking even matches, going like 60%-40% in my favor and all the matches are very close, and then he's like "Man fuck this matchup it's like an 8-2 against taokaka i can't believe the people on dustloop say it's even". I don't know what the matchup really is, but it for sure doesn't feel like an 8-2. Do 8-2s even exist in this game? They don't exist in SF4 and everyone always talks about how much more balanced BB is than SF4... besides which I don't even see how 2 scrubs like me and him that never really played guilty gear and can't even do basic combos with any of our characters and our matches look nothing like tournament matches can comment on the balance much

I hate the summer, all the good comp for fighting games left town (college town).

edit: sorry if the chart is somewhere insanely obvious, I don't play this game that much, I don't even know combos like i said
scbwnewb1
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
95 Posts
August 04 2009 16:08 GMT
#294
i saw a chart the other day, i'll look for it

but theres no 8-2s haha

arakune is probably going to be patched though,

i dont think theres anything worse then a 6-4
Ginseng
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States268 Posts
August 04 2009 16:27 GMT
#295
The latest tier chart is based on a player's opinion about how they feel about each matchup. But Arakune vs Tager is somewhere around 8-2. Arakune's bad matchup is vs v-13.

To be honest, you guys shouldn't really be talking about matchups and tiers yet. Play whoever you want to play/main, you'll find you'll probably enjoy the game much more than basing it simply on tiers. (Unless you're Tager or Hakumen vs top 3 lol)
Contact me via the following: Twitter: @notginseng | Discord: Ginseng#9638
anotak
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1537 Posts
August 04 2009 16:27 GMT
#296
On August 05 2009 01:08 scbwnewb1 wrote:
i saw a chart the other day, i'll look for it

but theres no 8-2s haha

arakune is probably going to be patched though,

i dont think theres anything worse then a 6-4

thanks

yeah, I dunno I think it's because he's a smash melee player which has 9-1 and 9.5-0.5 matchups
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 17:58:27
August 04 2009 17:55 GMT
#297
The latest matchup chart is from Arcadia magazine a couple months ago, but again the disclaimer is that it's just the compilation of what 12 good players (one per character) thought the matchups were for their mains. The disparity in the A vs. B and B vs. A numbers just indicates the lack of consensus and solidification of matchups at this point, which is not surprising. Top tier is definitely top tier though, and the balance is not like SF4 at all.

matchup chart

edit: so...Tao thinks it's 2.5-7.5 against Arakune but Arakune thinks it's 6.0-4.0 for him;
anotak
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1537 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 19:41:48
August 04 2009 19:17 GMT
#298
On August 05 2009 02:55 Myrmidon wrote:
The latest matchup chart is from Arcadia magazine a couple months ago, but again the disclaimer is that it's just the compilation of what 12 good players (one per character) thought the matchups were for their mains. The disparity in the A vs. B and B vs. A numbers just indicates the lack of consensus and solidification of matchups at this point, which is not surprising. Top tier is definitely top tier though, and the balance is not like SF4 at all.

matchup chart

edit: so...Tao thinks it's 2.5-7.5 against Arakune but Arakune thinks it's 6.0-4.0 for him;

hmm

thanks

edit: just noticed this post:
On August 05 2009 01:27 Ginseng wrote:
The latest tier chart is based on a player's opinion about how they feel about each matchup. But Arakune vs Tager is somewhere around 8-2. Arakune's bad matchup is vs v-13.

To be honest, you guys shouldn't really be talking about matchups and tiers yet. Play whoever you want to play/main, you'll find you'll probably enjoy the game much more than basing it simply on tiers. (Unless you're Tager or Hakumen vs top 3 lol)

I know that, I realize the tier list is completely irrelevant at our level. I find it hilarious that he doesn't think so. Out of the characters in the game, I like playing Arakune the best, but I don't even like him just because of the way he plays. I kind of like playing turtle/zoning characters and none of the characters really fit that definition in this game and it makes me really annoyed when I play it. I originally picked arakune because I heard people complaining about him turtling, and then I go watch match videos and I play the game, and from my perspective, he's rushing people the fuck down, he's just really safe about it. I dunno, I guess turtling is just relative
I like some of the systems and whatnot, but it just pains me that the creators sort of decided that I like to have the "wrong kind of fun" or something. Cool game though, now that I've played it.
My competition is holding me back in improving too because he just falls for the same stupid scrubby setups over and over and over. "Hey, look, he's doing a airdash cancel jumping B, he killed me the last 20 games by tick throwing off this into super then 5D curse, what could he POSSIBLY be doing this time? Should I backdash or tech in the GIGANTIC tech window or even jab that'll probably beat it? Nah, I think i'll just block. Not even option select barrier guard / tech throw".

This game is so different from street fighter, that's not a bad thing, I'm just a little miffed that pretty much none of my skills transfer except for basic execution and how to think

yeah, so random rant that doesn't really go anywhere, this game is cool
Ginseng
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States268 Posts
August 04 2009 20:23 GMT
#299
V-13 is turtle-based char, but you have to learn to use your C attacks to do big combos if they close in on you.

Arakune has 2 styles, turtle and rushdown. Rushdown is funner to play vs. Tick throws are okay, but shouldn't be abused, since the throw tech window is wayyy larger if you do it when they're in hitstun/blockstun/in a combo.
Contact me via the following: Twitter: @notginseng | Discord: Ginseng#9638
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-04 20:54:17
August 04 2009 20:50 GMT
#300
lololool tier list, nu has bad (or semi-even) matchups against both characters that I play. Poor tager though
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 900
ComeBackTV 585
SteadfastSC458
TaKeTV 336
Rex130
IndyStarCraft 106
EnkiAlexander 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 458
ProTech146
Rex 130
IndyStarCraft 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47978
Bisu 2909
Horang2 1379
EffOrt 767
Soma 572
BeSt 564
Hyuk 533
Light 430
Mini 424
Larva 342
[ Show more ]
ZerO 231
Rush 217
Mong 83
Leta 72
910 61
Sea.KH 58
Snow 53
Pusan 51
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 36
Sexy 33
Aegong 31
JYJ 29
Yoon 24
Bale 23
Terrorterran 20
Trap 17
Rock 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6274
qojqva252
Counter-Strike
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1457
Khaldor1093
Lowko464
Other Games
singsing2061
olofmeister1750
hiko1379
Beastyqt583
B2W.Neo407
Livibee197
Hui .183
XaKoH 153
Liquid`VortiX145
ArmadaUGS106
djWHEAT83
Mew2King68
KnowMe62
QueenE56
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 32
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2935
Other Games
• Shiphtur22
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 42m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 42m
Online Event
20h 42m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.