• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9024 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 335

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 333 334 335 336 337 370 Next
ViZe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1513 Posts
December 04 2015 18:44 GMT
#6681
I can never quit this game when I intend to :'(. I guess sometimes you just need to mindlessly click circles. Which isn't really a bad thing I guess.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-09 07:54:44
December 05 2015 18:21 GMT
#6682
Cookiezi 1273 combo hrhd freedom dive 4 dimensions A-rank pass :D

edit: there is a vid, was liveplay
+ Show Spoiler +


And quitting? Rhythm games are fun, i think i would at least replace osu with something else. I've played at least infrequently for 4.5 years with the vast majority of my play in mid 2013 to late 2014

Cookie just took #1 on Image Material too with 2199 combo - that's at least the third time he fc'd the vast vast majority of the map but sliderbroke or missed, reimu and rrtyui have done that too

+ Show Spoiler +


wow even ss hard part

-------

READING PLS



followpoints will help me a lot, i was looking at some of my old vids and the followpoints were a thousand times better

the painful/funny part of that vid - i didn't even lose my timing on od10



--------

Cookiezi. Damn.

Konuko - Toumei Elegy [Skystar's Tragic Love Extra] +HD,HR (99.75%)
about 28 hours ago


663pp.- yikes that pp

+ Show Spoiler +




beautiful play and a spinner 100 away from the highest pp score of all time

Tatsh - IMAGE -MATERIAL- [Scorpiour] (99.22%)
about 26 hours ago

466pp


NOMOD FULL COMBO

+ Show Spoiler +


"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
December 09 2015 12:10 GMT
#6683
[image loading]

A on a lvl 27 yay! And it's really fun to play too! I'll be uploading when i get an S, an A isn't good enough for that.
The song comes from Bobbias' O2jam conversions in case anyone's interested:+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4de53922w99ubs/%5Be5_n16_h27%5D_M2U_-_A_Little_Dream_%28Apenix%29.osz
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-12 09:59:45
December 12 2015 08:09 GMT
#6684


wow :D

+ Show Spoiler +




very fast
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-12 22:50:16
December 12 2015 22:49 GMT
#6685
I finally beat my top rank after more than 2 years :o

[image loading]
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 13 2015 04:20 GMT
#6686
gz! :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-16 18:22:47
December 16 2015 18:22 GMT
#6687
I beat my top rank after a bit over a month. Then again, I'm nowhere near your skill level (or your DT Farm-y-ness)

[image loading]

Regardless, today has been a good day so far.
[image loading]
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
December 17 2015 01:01 GMT
#6688
"(or your DT Farm-y-ness)"

wot
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
December 17 2015 01:46 GMT
#6689
Haha, you dirty dt farmer.

Don't think i didn't see these scores from 1+ year ago.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
December 17 2015 02:31 GMT
#6690
Pfft only 23 out of my top 50 are DT, that's less than half.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
December 17 2015 04:16 GMT
#6691
There are only 5 DTs in my top 50, and they are all normal diffs (HDHRDT).

Also set another new top play. Guess I'm just on my game today. Now only if I could FC Give It Up.
[image loading]
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
December 17 2015 05:23 GMT
#6692
why is playing dt a bad thing wtf is this
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
December 17 2015 06:40 GMT
#6693
I was only joking fyi

dt was seen as the easiest farmable mods for a while. So some people would regard your pp as inflated if you had a lot of dt scores. I don't know how it is now, though. (an ironic note: i've never seen that criticism be used against a player of equal or lower rank than the person who uses it..)

Just play whatever. It's not as if it really matters what mod someone likes to play :')
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-17 07:57:42
December 17 2015 07:42 GMT
#6694
A lot of lower ranked players seem to underestimate the mechanical difficulty of many maps with DT. A big part of that is due to the lack of hard nomod maps with appropriate OD - a score having od9 or 9.6 instead of od7-8 can increase its PP worth by a lot (1.5x or more).

By applying DT, you're making the vast majority of maps (which are usually not od6, so od7+) into od9+ without having to rely on the mapper to do it for you, so you're then rewarded a very large extra amount of points if your timing is excellent instead of merely good.

with my top 17 in the 200-246 pp range i never got to a level where the ranking system felt badly imbalanced due to BPM - a lot of people of worse ranks complaining about it. I think https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect applies here. The biggest part of DT IMO was the OD. Many of the maps that people complain about are not only in the 250 bpm region, but also od8-9 by default - that 7 -seven- map had an OD after DT of ~10.33 and got almost SS'd by Hvick. That requires god tier accuracy, way beyond what is required to set many of the great hard rock scores.

+ Show Spoiler +


Also since that period of time, we have three scores around 660pp. Two of them were HR, the last one was ar11 od11.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
December 17 2015 11:12 GMT
#6695
I do think dt is 'easy' at levels where people are good enough to play pretty fast and with decent od, but not good enough to read while doing that. Both hr and nomod are a no go then, in my experience. Also, because there are (were??) a lot more maps in that range (I'd say 4-star +dt) than nomod maps in that same range (around 6-star?). This makes it so that it's more likely that a map is near your comfort zone. Given a 'fair' distribution of pp over mods and songs, it is only natural that one would have more dt songs in the top 50.

Dunning Kruger is always a good self reflection tool

I do think that speed is overrated though. Not just in osu, but in music in general. In my experience, going out of your comfort zone going up in speed is a lot easier than going down in speed (provided you actually have the physical disposition to play at those speeds of course).
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-17 16:22:59
December 17 2015 16:11 GMT
#6696
but not good enough to read while doing that


I used to be able to read ar9 decently but not ar10, it was a problem for me then. Back when i was at that level of skill, i couldn't play od>8 very well at all

now where i am, reading difficulty seems to be mostly with DTing maps that set AR too low for comfort with the mapping scene years ago (plenty of examples of that). I think generally maps w/ DT at mid level are much harder on average to read than maps with HR, i am usually asking myself if i want to play with hard reading or instead with hard circle size/OD when choosing my maps

when you get to the actually harder DT maps this becomes easier again as you get into the zone where people mapped for ar9 instead of ar8 and the density actually drops with the higher PP, that's part of why i play quite a few maps now that i'm pushing to get ~90% acc on and maybe have just recently even passed with DT. The lower level maps just often have uncomfortable density which HR and harder DT maps avoid.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-17 19:41:38
December 17 2015 19:38 GMT
#6697
On December 17 2015 15:40 Yorbon wrote:
I was only joking fyi

dt was seen as the easiest farmable mods for a while. So some people would regard your pp as inflated if you had a lot of dt scores. I don't know how it is now, though. (an ironic note: i've never seen that criticism be used against a player of equal or lower rank than the person who uses it..)

Just play whatever. It's not as if it really matters what mod someone likes to play :')


I think getting DT scores was just the natural progression at 12-15k rank back when I played. The common trend I saw was people would be getting 120-150pp nomod scores, but after that the nomod maps got incredibly hard. It was too much of a jump. FCing 5.3+ star nomod maps required skill way beyond that of a 10k player, so the next logical step was AR8 DT maps, which filled the void between 2-3k skill players that could FC hard nomod map and those 10k players. It allowed people like me who were stuck at 10k playing nomod to progress to 3-4k with 170-220pp DT plays.

Then again I could just be talking shit, I don't know. That was years ago.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 17 2015 22:28 GMT
#6698
there are basically no nomod od 9 maps in the 170-220 pp region, some rare ones exist now but they didn't a year or two ago
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-18 03:06:59
December 18 2015 03:05 GMT
#6699
cyro

We have spoke about this a lot. But I think it's time for me to admit to myself, that large area/low "sensitivity" just isn't working out for me. I just feel like my hand can't co-operate with the "correct" settings. There's areas of the screen that I literally can't hit (mainly the lower right corner) and other areas that I lose complete control over my cursor when I have to move my hand there. Recently my aim has been getting better because I've been gradually making my osu window smaller. Like, there's nooooo way I could've gotten my new top rank on the settings I've been using for the last 2 years.

Right now my area is this and my osu window is 1280x800. I've moved down from 1600x900 and it just feels so much better not having to move my hand as much. The smaller area in which I'm comfortable (mostly the center/center left of the active area), my aim is more stable and I'm missing less and I can read better. It's when any notes appear outside that small area that I lose control.

I think my grip and hand position just sucks. I try to adjust it by moving my hand over to the right to make the right side more reachable, but my hand will just gravitate back to its original position while playing and I can't seem to stop it. So I think I'm gonna have to adjust my area and window size around the small area that I have good control of the pen. Sorry for rambling, I'm just tired of have that feeling that my settings have been wrong for the past 2 years.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-18 03:49:45
December 18 2015 03:09 GMT
#6700
It's a problem of not being able to adjust, i know how you feel there. I'm actually using a medium sized tablet area ATM but i gravitate towards really low pen grips when doing that, i want to go more cookiezi style bigger area again

+ Show Spoiler +


go to 1 min there and just stare at the handcam, huge area and not using wrist


it's difficult to learn how to use large area like that
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 333 334 335 336 337 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1124
RotterdaM657
SteadfastSC291
TKL 241
Rex128
CosmosSc2 41
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 657
SteadfastSC 291
TKL 241
Rex 128
ProTech90
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45756
Calm 3388
Shuttle 2672
Jaedong 1759
Horang2 727
Mini 519
actioN 431
Rush 418
Stork 415
EffOrt 387
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 368
Soma 349
ZerO 246
BeSt 219
Larva 194
Snow 194
firebathero 125
Mong 119
Zeus 95
hero 79
Mind 78
910 71
sorry 63
Free 60
Hyun 52
Sharp 51
Yoon 50
Shine 40
Shinee 39
PianO 34
Pusan 28
ToSsGirL 25
JYJ 25
Bale 20
HiyA 18
Terrorterran 18
Aegong 17
Killer 17
Sexy 17
Rock 14
Hm[arnc] 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5203
Dendi1274
420jenkins33
Counter-Strike
fl0m2623
Fnx 624
x6flipin14
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
ChuDatz30
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko389
Other Games
singsing2224
hiko838
Liquid`RaSZi486
crisheroes359
B2W.Neo320
dupreeh238
ceh9231
DeMusliM206
Khaldor200
Livibee195
Pyrionflax181
Liquid`VortiX137
Trikslyr85
QueenE64
Hui .41
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 447
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH238
• mYiSmile117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1860
• Jankos1643
• TFBlade566
Other Games
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 24m
The PondCast
19h 24m
INu's Battles
20h 24m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.