• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:30
CEST 22:30
KST 05:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8798 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 312

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 310 311 312 313 314 370 Next
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
April 12 2015 23:16 GMT
#6221
Taiko makes me want to throw up. It's unplayable.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 12 2015 23:18 GMT
#6222
^ <3

heya xaffy!
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Jehak
Profile Joined March 2015
Canada16 Posts
April 13 2015 02:30 GMT
#6223
If its possible to add me to the list, please add me

User: Jehak

Wanna know something Jehak? Winners are the ones who choose their future. Question is, what are you?
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
April 13 2015 02:35 GMT
#6224
On April 13 2015 08:16 Xafnia wrote:
Taiko makes me want to throw up. It's unplayable.

Come on, Xaf, I haven't seen you post here in ages, and this is what you say?
Me disappoint.

I can understand it though, it's not like i thought any different until a week ago.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
April 13 2015 15:29 GMT
#6225
On April 13 2015 08:16 Xafnia wrote:
Taiko makes me want to throw up. It's unplayable.

Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-13 18:19:32
April 13 2015 18:19 GMT
#6226
*sigh
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
April 13 2015 19:32 GMT
#6227
lol. I tried a fes plays of taiko, but I could never seem to hit the big ones with both keys. The way it handles speed changes is ugh :/
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
April 13 2015 20:20 GMT
#6228
The big one with both keys, what? Is that even needed?
Yeah, the speed change is pretty weird.
I do like the approach to failing though. It just lets you finish the song, which is very nice.

Osu standard: I finally got over my anti-hidden feelings after practicing ez+hd, and now i finally got a nice score:
[image loading]
It's not thát hard, but some the somewhat more spacey streams are annoying with hidden.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
April 14 2015 04:21 GMT
#6229
I'm still bad at standard
[image loading]
Ame
Profile Joined October 2009
United States246 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-14 06:06:34
April 14 2015 06:01 GMT
#6230
Pretty sure you only need to hit big ones with one of the keys. :<

Stuff that helped with Taiko:
1. Get rid of the kiai mode background (when it starts shining neon) and replace it with a nice flat black background~
2. Play songs with slower scroll speed until actually used to reading higher speeds

Only made it to around rank 9k before I got distracted with other stuff =/

dat taiko world cup 2015 tho

~~~

Yorbon, whens Taiko Party~

I actually like the way Taiko handles speed changes for some reason. :x Feels unique after playing ddr/itg forever.

I also like how scoring caps out at 100 combo or something, so a dropped combo won't completely destroy your score. Just moderately destroy.
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
April 14 2015 11:18 GMT
#6231
On April 14 2015 15:01 Ame wrote:
Pretty sure you only need to hit big ones with one of the keys. :<

Stuff that helped with Taiko:
1. Get rid of the kiai mode background (when it starts shining neon) and replace it with a nice flat black background~
2. Play songs with slower scroll speed until actually used to reading higher speeds

Only made it to around rank 9k before I got distracted with other stuff =/

dat taiko world cup 2015 tho

~~~

Yorbon, whens Taiko Party~

I actually like the way Taiko handles speed changes for some reason. :x Feels unique after playing ddr/itg forever.

I also like how scoring caps out at 100 combo or something, so a dropped combo won't completely destroy your score. Just moderately destroy.

the first is a pretty good point. My game starts lagging at kiai parts, so i miss at random parts etc.
Could you post your skin? I don't have a single taiko skin (i think), so some reference would be nice. Or is there some option I missed in the options section?

I didn't see the taiko world cup I don't think I'm really interested in that stuff until I'm more comfortable with the game itself.
Add the account wderochebrune; it's my random stuff account on standard and my main for mania and taiko. I'll be glad to play some mp
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-14 16:01:04
April 14 2015 16:00 GMT
#6232
The big kat/dons only 'need' to be hit by one key, but you are supposed to hit them with 2 keys (that's why you have 4 keys to assign).

Tbh a big part of why I don't enjoy taiko is that like standard, because there's a very limited rhythmic element (kat, don, big kat, big don and i guess you can include spinners as a 5th option) compared to mania (nobody cares about 1k/2k/3k in mania, and you're only allowed to place big kat/dons in certain locations, so it can't really be compared to 4k) the patterns just don't feel interesting to me.

Standard maps make me rage all the time because it seems like nobody understands that since you can only follow one rhythm, you should really think about where circles and sliders are and not just shit out some pattern of them that does't seem to follow anything at all in the music. And don't even get me started on the maps that have poor flow...

I tried the standard diffs on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/157896 and fuck, how did that ever get ranked? I tried everything from insane up, and they're all rage inducingly bad.
Ame
Profile Joined October 2009
United States246 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-14 17:44:34
April 14 2015 17:13 GMT
#6233
On April 14 2015 20:18 Yorbon wrote:
the first is a pretty good point. My game starts lagging at kiai parts, so i miss at random parts etc.
Could you post your skin? I don't have a single taiko skin (i think), so some reference would be nice. Or is there some option I missed in the options section?

I didn't see the taiko world cup I don't think I'm really interested in that stuff until I'm more comfortable with the game itself.
Add the account wderochebrune; it's my random stuff account on standard and my main for mania and taiko. I'll be glad to play some mp

I'm just using one of the random 'taiko skins' floating around. Probably something like https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2506971

For kiai: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/190307
XK2238
You can't disable the flashing notes, but as for the brighter background, you can make your taiko-bar-right-glow.png EXACTLY the same as your taiko-bar-right.png

Though if the problem is lag during kiai, that might be caused by the flashing notes themselves, and I haven't looked up a fix for that before. :x

Should watch some of TWC while you're afk eating or something. imo still good for entertainment/wow if you haven't tried watching before. If you've watched before and genuinely are not interested, then bah.
+ Show Spoiler +


If you get a message from DreamSea at some point in the future, that'll be me. I haven't played taiko in a while tho, and these days I just play random songs on standard or mania if I have the time.

On April 15 2015 01:00 Bobbias wrote:
The big kat/dons only 'need' to be hit by one key, but you are supposed to hit them with 2 keys (that's why you have 4 keys to assign).

Tbh a big part of why I don't enjoy taiko is that like standard, because there's a very limited rhythmic element (kat, don, big kat, big don and i guess you can include spinners as a 5th option) compared to mania (nobody cares about 1k/2k/3k in mania, and you're only allowed to place big kat/dons in certain locations, so it can't really be compared to 4k) the patterns just don't feel interesting to me.

Standard maps make me rage all the time because it seems like nobody understands that since you can only follow one rhythm, you should really think about where circles and sliders are and not just shit out some pattern of them that does't seem to follow anything at all in the music. And don't even get me started on the maps that have poor flow...

I tried the standard diffs on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/157896 and fuck, how did that ever get ranked? I tried everything from insane up, and they're all rage inducingly bad.

-incoming pretentious irl taiko comment hue- yea, you're supposed to use both keys/sticks and when starting out it's good fun using both sticks to smack at the same time, but I think even at higher levels people will only hit big kat/dons with one of the sticks. Higher level as in people I've watched playing inner oni in arcade, haven't looked up youtube videos for arcade taiko before though.

The reason for 4 keys for me, is because (besides that arcade you have left stick, right stick and the entire drum to play with) it feels a lot smoother alternating LRLRLRLR as much as possible. So if you see 4 dons coming relatively quickly you're not trying to one hand it, similar to reasons why people alternate in faster streams in standard (or all the time because coolness). So for me, taiko becomes a lot about learning how to start on either hand/finger and alternate all the various patterns, at higher and higher speeds.

That said, I agree with the limitations to rhythm and there only being so many combinations to do before it's all about increasing speed. It's why I like 7k so much coming off of 4k. With 4k it feels like I've just about seen every pattern. Even more so if considering arcade Beatmania vs DDR/ITG. In beat you have 7k + scratch to make combinations with (maybe not so much scratch). In ITG/DDR you have essentially have 4 keys, AND the pattern needs to make sense for someone with 2 legs (ignoring hand usage shenanigans). I really wanted to learn PIU for that 5th 'key', but there were no PIU machines in my area. Actually, it's why I switched to playing doubles exclusively (mmm join premium machines), but that's still '8 key' DDR/ITG vs '10 key' PIU
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
April 14 2015 17:52 GMT
#6234
Ame, thanks on the remarks.

It's not that I'm not interested in twc, it's more that I don't feel i can fully appreciate what's going on when don't know the basics. I'll give it a try when i'm somewhat more comfortable.

Obligatory standard score: I got another insane hidden play. I've fc'd it long ago without mods, but it's quite hard to fc with hidden. This score is #35, like wtf.
[image loading]
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
April 15 2015 13:16 GMT
#6235
lmao, first try with hidden.
[image loading]
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-15 17:13:27
April 15 2015 17:13 GMT
#6236
gz :D

now hrhd

is it od7?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
April 15 2015 17:51 GMT
#6237
On April 16 2015 02:13 Cyro wrote:
gz :D

now hrhd

is it od7?

I thought it was. But for me the getting used to hidden is a bigger thing than high or low od.

I will try it in a while though, when i get a bit more in form.
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
April 19 2015 00:43 GMT
#6238
What do you guys use for screen capture? And what is the limit you can do with a mouse? I'm starting to play some 5+ star maps but I only get 40% or something right now. Terrible score, but looking at the replays I think I'm keeping up pretty well, and practicing on hard maps is pushing up my scores on easier maps. It looks like with enough practice I'll be capable of doing 5.5 stars with a mouse. I have another 5.8* map though. Can't follow that one at all, I get 10% just by spamming all over the place :D
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-19 02:24:12
April 19 2015 02:05 GMT
#6239


baka baka! GN doing work haha :D

What do you guys use for screen capture?


OBS.

And what is the limit you can do with a mouse?


Airman and Freedom dive have been done, there are enough high PP scores to get top 10 global with mouse if you're good enough at other skills, it's just not as consistent as tablet and requires more skill and retries to do the same aim map IMO



^nevar forget cptnxn #1 freedom dive (400dpi on 1600x900 window) 5:20+ :D


You should -really- play maps where you can get at least ~70% accuracy, and you should be aiming for ~90% and making your top scores in the ~95-99% region eventually. If you're getting less than 80% or so, the map is way too hard for you and/or you're not getting the timing very well. On maps that are very hard for me, i often get >90% accuracy even though i die to them, but i have much stronger aim, reading, timing etc than a newish player even if the map is overwhelming
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
April 19 2015 03:01 GMT
#6240
Yeah well I have 20 maps in my main playlist at the moment. Probably 14 A/B and 6 C/D highscores so far, but I'm still at a beginner stage of improving pretty fast so pushing myself to follow maps that are way too hard for me seems to be helping accelerate my improvement.

That cptnxn video :p. Beyond comprehension. Don't think I need to worry about the limits of mice for a little while yet then...
Prev 1 310 311 312 313 314 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O142
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason417
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 608
ZZZero.O 142
Zeus 65
soO 55
Hyun 44
Dota 2
qojqva2212
canceldota40
League of Legends
Doublelift1077
Counter-Strike
fl0m5712
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4115
Liquid`Hasu656
Other Games
summit1g5030
FrodaN1249
KnowMe336
ToD251
Pyrionflax212
420jenkins193
Livibee175
QueenE104
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick777
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 105
• Hupsaiya 49
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1834
Other Games
• imaqtpie863
• Shiphtur711
• Scarra1
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 30m
Patches Events
18h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 30m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 30m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.