• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:04
CEST 02:04
KST 09:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7878 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 310

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 370 Next
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 25 2015 21:37 GMT
#6181


hvick #1

0:50 - 1:00 DAMN

78 unstable rate @255bpm pls

"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
March 25 2015 22:28 GMT
#6182
hvick and index have so many great plays through the past week or two, absolutely insane. Apparently rrtyui is back to playing, so I'm fully ready to see some crazy plays by him too.
Writermaru pls
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
March 25 2015 22:56 GMT
#6183
On March 24 2015 09:29 Ame wrote:
It's an ancient keyboard (I found out that it actually maxes out at 6 keypresses at once regardless of key position, no 7 key rows pls) I had in storage for years, so I washed all the terror out and popped off all the keys except for the 7 lol. I've been trying to learn ring/middle/thumb for both hands with either index for the middle most key. Gotta train for the day if I ever go to arcade. D:


Ahh. I've played some of the PS2 versions of IIDX on the BMUS controller. It's completely different than playing on a keyboard lol. 7k maps are not designed with that kind of layout in mind, so you might find things get really difficult to handle pretty quickly. As for the 6 key limit, that's the highest number of keys USB can handle being pressed at once. Without the keyboard creators doing some funky stuff with their keyboard there's no way around it. Lucky for you there's a 6 key limit on ranked mania maps, so there won't be any all key presses in ranked maps (:<, I was not happy about that).
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 25 2015 23:30 GMT
#6184
That's a silly limit D:
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-26 04:50:48
March 26 2015 04:45 GMT
#6185
Yeah, I was quite surprised when I found out that was a fundamental limit of how USB handles keypresses on keyboards. Unless you mean osu's limit of 6 keys in o!m, which I also argued against. It's not THAT hard to find keyboards that will handle 7 keys at once, and 7 key chords are very expressive and interesting patterns (and would only be used in actually hard stuff that the majority of players would never be able to play anyway). If someone's serious about getting good in o!m, it's not hard to expect them to get a keyboard capable of 7 keys at once if they get good enough to need it. Just look at how many people buy tablets just to play standard. I know it's not a perfect comparison since they're not required, but the fact that so many people buy them anyway shows why IMO it wouldn't be a big deal if 7 key presses were allowed (at least in hard stuff, say anything above 5*)

Unrelated, but this happened recently. That improvement is absolutely insane:
[image loading]
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-26 16:20:25
March 26 2015 06:27 GMT
#6186
USB keyboard is silly, ps/2 is better and will continue to be better for quite a while. We've had ps/2 keyboards for what, decades? Cheap keyboards of various quality are available with ps/2, as are expensive ones. I meant the osu limit, not usb limit - but both are ridiculous IMO

nice :D

---

I have an injury in my aim hand (unrelated to osu i think but i got some pain there from playing osu before, using both tablet and g402) so i can't play ATM, but it's been like 3 days already >__>

here
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Wrong hand, but just imagine that's a right hand I think in worst case i might have even given myself a minor fracture by twisting it too hard (squeezing water out of a wet cloth), i'l go see doctor if it gets to a week and still full pain
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Ame
Profile Joined October 2009
United States246 Posts
March 27 2015 04:37 GMT
#6187
On March 26 2015 07:56 Bobbias wrote:
7k maps are not designed with that kind of layout in mind, so you might find things get really difficult to handle pretty quickly.


rip ;; I hadn't thought there would be patterns that would be too difficult to do on the iidx layout with practice I had assumed the iidx would actually give more freedom/flexibility to adjust what fingers/hands hit which notes. If the wall is really there I'll just have to switch back to spread on keyboard >_>

6 key o!m limit surprises me. Then again, at my plebeian level, I imagine that a 7 key mash wouldn't happen often enough destroy my overall score if I just staggered the presses to get 6 Perfect and 1 Great or whatever they're called. :x as in I think my % will still mainly represent performance on the rest of the song~
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-27 18:51:50
March 27 2015 18:51 GMT
#6188
DragonForce - The Last Journey Home [Legend] +HR (97.62%)

609pp


Goddamnit windex

the plays

DragonForce - The Last Journey Home [Legend] +HR (97.62%)
about 12 hours ago
609pp
weighted 100% (609pp)


Natsume Chiaki - Hanairo Biyori [Awaken's Challenge] +HR (99.74%)
5 days ago
526pp
weighted 95% (499pp)


DragonForce - Heroes of Our Time [Legend] +HR (98.12%)
4 days ago
518pp
weighted 90% (467pp)


Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman [Holy Shit! It's Airman!!] +HR (99.28%)
7 days ago
505pp
weighted 86% (433pp)


DragonForce - Revolution Deathsquad [Legend] +HR (98.21%)
8 days ago
498pp
weighted 81% (406pp)
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
March 27 2015 20:29 GMT
#6189
not sure if index is a god or map will get disqualified. Same with hvick's play, right?
Writermaru pls
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 27 2015 20:50 GMT
#6190
Hvick's play was HR level OD, 1x100 and 255bpm jump spam with streams
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
March 27 2015 21:11 GMT
#6191
On March 28 2015 05:50 Cyro wrote:
Hvick's play was HR level OD, 1x100 and 255bpm jump spam with streams


Of course - not saying it wasn't impressive. But the map hasn't been 100% ranked yet, yes?
Writermaru pls
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 27 2015 21:23 GMT
#6192
Ah yea, idk :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-29 01:35:07
March 29 2015 01:25 GMT
#6193
On March 27 2015 13:37 Ame wrote:
rip ;; I hadn't thought there would be patterns that would be too difficult to do on the iidx layout with practice I had assumed the iidx would actually give more freedom/flexibility to adjust what fingers/hands hit which notes. If the wall is really there I'll just have to switch back to spread on keyboard >_>

6 key o!m limit surprises me. Then again, at my plebeian level, I imagine that a 7 key mash wouldn't happen often enough destroy my overall score if I just staggered the presses to get 6 Perfect and 1 Great or whatever they're called. :x as in I think my % will still mainly represent performance on the rest of the song~


Well playing on an IIDX controller (or something set up with keys in a similar layout) is considered much harder than playing with a sdf jkl type layout. IIDX doesnt really use lots of LNs, where many maps in o!m do, so there's that. Plus, stairs are much harder on an IIDX layout than on a linear layout.

It's entirely possible to play some of the absurdly hard stuff with an IIDX controller or layout, it's just harder. It's kinda like how in standard, mouse is considered harder than playing with a tablet. It's possible to play some of the absurdly hard stuff with a mouse... if you're a god at the game.
falconfan02
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States231 Posts
March 29 2015 04:56 GMT
#6194
Hey guys, long time no post. Still been grinding away in the shadows. At ~34k and not really improving a whole lot, but that's to be expected with the amount of time I put into practicing. Gotten some decent plays recently, best ones probably being a 92% on Homework Crisis and 93% on akatsuki no tsuki extra (cherry blossom map), as well as a few more ~110 pp ones. Still have yet to invest in a tablet, which may or may not ever happen lol. Anyways, hope everyone's doing well, good luck in your circle clicking endeavors
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-29 23:38:57
March 29 2015 23:38 GMT
#6195
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2947823
My new max rpm record.
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
March 30 2015 02:28 GMT
#6196
Nice, I was just playing that map earlier.
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
March 30 2015 06:41 GMT
#6197
I've been editing easier songs I like to cs7, so I get to practice my shitty aim while listening to nice music. Killing two birds with one stone.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
March 30 2015 06:48 GMT
#6198
ive finally started learning how to read ar10s now c: beginning to pass most hrs from maps ive already passed.

super proud of my matzcore hardcore + hr pass c:
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Bobbias
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada1373 Posts
March 31 2015 01:53 GMT
#6199
On March 30 2015 15:41 maru~ wrote:
I've been editing easier songs I like to cs7, so I get to practice my shitty aim while listening to nice music. Killing two birds with one stone.



cs7 eww

I need to find more fun mid 4 star jumpy maps in standard
Neo7
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States922 Posts
March 31 2015 04:48 GMT
#6200
Today I hit 1,000,000,000 in rank score. Also got my 1000 combo badge as well.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
Prev 1 308 309 310 311 312 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings73
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE128
ProTech123
SpeCial 91
StarCraft: Brood War
910 67
NaDa 24
Dota 2
monkeys_forever437
canceldota159
NeuroSwarm142
League of Legends
Doublelift4569
Other Games
summit1g6043
JimRising 420
C9.Mang0343
ToD81
PPMD31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• poizon28 35
• RyuSc2 24
• davetesta11
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra944
Other Games
• Shiphtur558
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 56m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.