• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:46
CEST 13:46
KST 20:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8762 users

EVE Corporation - Page 1581

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 2022 Next
https://discord.gg/c8jHgQpMSY

mity hat tree discord if you care
marconi
Profile Joined March 2010
Croatia220 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-04 00:52:03
July 04 2013 00:50 GMT
#31601
Starcraft veteran, EVE D- noob story incoming.

I've been lurking the EVE topic for a good few years now, always fun reads to be found here, and I can definitively relate to you guys more than to anyone else in EVE, because we all come from this magical site of blue ponies. I even tried playing the game a few times in the past with trial accounts, got into hatchery at one point, but never quite invested the time required. A few weeks back I got hold of a friend's account who stopped playing some time ago, took over his old char and set out once again in the world of EVE, this time without the pressure of raising the moneyz for a plex.

So I started out with my limited knowledge, tried out different stuff, and found a certain corp to join cuz I had zero idea about anything or anyone basically, and just wanted to experience pvp. This corp was named Circle of two. Yes I know.

I joined up right about when the fountain war started, even got my newbie ass down there for the war effort, along with CFC. Flied a frigate cuz I couldn't afford anything else basically. I gotta admit it was really fun flying with Goons, had some nice ops with em, even whored my kb for some nice kills. But really the fun killer for me was a certain 2000+ man fight which turned into a massive lagfest which really was not to my liking. While I certainly enjoy pvp, this is far from pvp or fun in my humble opinion.

Second thing is the fine alliance of CO2. honestly, the only reason I joined them is because it's made up of a lot of players from my country, so I thought what the hell. Didn't take them long to accuse me of being a spy because the character I'm playing is 3 yeas old and I traveled the CO2 systems in one of my newb nullsec roams and got shot down ( that was a few days before I joined them), even though I explained them the situation with my friend's account and blabla. So they wanted to kick me out and I had to basically beg them to let me stay because I was actually having fun in fleets. But I said what the hell, it's EVE, everyone's paranoid and shit.

As the fighting progressed, I lost ships, and ships cost money. T2 fitted frigates which I paid out of my own pocket don't get reimbursed. As a matter of fact, all the ships in that alliance get "loaned out" to members, ( lolz?), and only certain ships, otherwise no reimbursement. I actually asked for ships, and got the answer "yes we'll see".

So i run out of money, and being in fucking nullsec with absolutely no source of income I go back to highsec to grind some money. And then the questions, ( because ofc you need to give them your full API, which I find extremely annoying ) "why the fuck are u in hs, u need to fight in the war or get out of the alliance!".

At this point I'm like fuck this shit, fighting a war for some alliance who doesn't even give a shit about me, all they give a shit is their pap links and killboard stats and getting some of those Mittani moons.

So I left them and boy I feel like a fucking rock fell of my shoulders, I came to play a godamn game, not work for someone else. And I'm taking it easy, no rush, I've learned a lot in these past few weeks, but there's still a whole road ahead of me. But I'll go through it on my terms I feel.

So yeah, a little noob story, maybe you'll find it somewhat entertaining.

And yes I really do enjoy this thread, it's one of my sources of inspiration in EVE with a lot of useful stuff, and I expect nothing less of starcraft players godammit, leet skillz ftw :D

If hatchery starts rolling again, I would be more than happy to join up!
Reborn8u
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1761 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-04 02:25:28
July 04 2013 02:24 GMT
#31602
On July 04 2013 09:50 marconi wrote:
Starcraft veteran, EVE D- noob story incoming.

I've been lurking the EVE topic for a good few years now, always fun reads to be found here, and I can definitively relate to you guys more than to anyone else in EVE, because we all come from this magical site of blue ponies. I even tried playing the game a few times in the past with trial accounts, got into hatchery at one point, but never quite invested the time required. A few weeks back I got hold of a friend's account who stopped playing some time ago, took over his old char and set out once again in the world of EVE, this time without the pressure of raising the moneyz for a plex.

So I started out with my limited knowledge, tried out different stuff, and found a certain corp to join cuz I had zero idea about anything or anyone basically, and just wanted to experience pvp. This corp was named Circle of two. Yes I know.

I joined up right about when the fountain war started, even got my newbie ass down there for the war effort, along with CFC. Flied a frigate cuz I couldn't afford anything else basically. I gotta admit it was really fun flying with Goons, had some nice ops with em, even whored my kb for some nice kills. But really the fun killer for me was a certain 2000+ man fight which turned into a massive lagfest which really was not to my liking. While I certainly enjoy pvp, this is far from pvp or fun in my humble opinion.

Second thing is the fine alliance of CO2. honestly, the only reason I joined them is because it's made up of a lot of players from my country, so I thought what the hell. Didn't take them long to accuse me of being a spy because the character I'm playing is 3 yeas old and I traveled the CO2 systems in one of my newb nullsec roams and got shot down ( that was a few days before I joined them), even though I explained them the situation with my friend's account and blabla. So they wanted to kick me out and I had to basically beg them to let me stay because I was actually having fun in fleets. But I said what the hell, it's EVE, everyone's paranoid and shit.

As the fighting progressed, I lost ships, and ships cost money. T2 fitted frigates which I paid out of my own pocket don't get reimbursed. As a matter of fact, all the ships in that alliance get "loaned out" to members, ( lolz?), and only certain ships, otherwise no reimbursement. I actually asked for ships, and got the answer "yes we'll see".

So i run out of money, and being in fucking nullsec with absolutely no source of income I go back to highsec to grind some money. And then the questions, ( because ofc you need to give them your full API, which I find extremely annoying ) "why the fuck are u in hs, u need to fight in the war or get out of the alliance!".

At this point I'm like fuck this shit, fighting a war for some alliance who doesn't even give a shit about me, all they give a shit is their pap links and killboard stats and getting some of those Mittani moons.

So I left them and boy I feel like a fucking rock fell of my shoulders, I came to play a godamn game, not work for someone else. And I'm taking it easy, no rush, I've learned a lot in these past few weeks, but there's still a whole road ahead of me. But I'll go through it on my terms I feel.

So yeah, a little noob story, maybe you'll find it somewhat entertaining.

And yes I really do enjoy this thread, it's one of my sources of inspiration in EVE with a lot of useful stuff, and I expect nothing less of starcraft players godammit, leet skillz ftw :D

If hatchery starts rolling again, I would be more than happy to join up!


If your looking for a fun group of guys and some fun pvp, check out Biohazard. Their leader is Maximus Decimal they are a great group of guys, a lot of fun to be had and you can earn some ez income while pvp'ing in FW. Tell them you are from Team liquid and some friends from KOA (knights of the apocalypse) recommended you check them out. They often use the TLF FW comms, it is teamspeak 109.239.60.127 (they aren't a huge group, but they have plenty of people in U.S. and E.U. timezones. When you get on the Comms you'll have to scroll way down to find the BIO section.

GLGL
:)
TritaN
Profile Joined December 2010
United States406 Posts
July 04 2013 05:01 GMT
#31603
On July 04 2013 09:50 marconi wrote: And then the questions, ( because ofc you need to give them your full API, which I find extremely annoying ) "why the fuck are u in hs, u need to fight in the war or get out of the alliance!".


This is why I joined GoonWaffe. I knew that there are literally thousands of people in the corp, so they don't give a flying fuck that one random dude is dicking around instead of fighting in the war. When my skills are done training for the doctrines, and I have enough money, I'll be down there in my Mega or whatever we're flying at the time. There are people doing all kinds of shit, even goons in a wormhole somewhere.

Its all about joining a group of people who fit what you want to do in EVE. Since I'm ADD as fuck and can't stick to anything for more than a few weeks, I chose a group that pretty much does anything and everything in the game... to what degree of success or failure, well, that depends on your perspective I guess.
Omigawa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1556 Posts
July 04 2013 06:09 GMT
#31604
I don't get the Goon hate tbh. They are the biggest conflict drivers in the entire game, and have been for what like 7+ years?
TritaN
Profile Joined December 2010
United States406 Posts
July 04 2013 06:39 GMT
#31605
On July 04 2013 15:09 Omigawa wrote:
I don't get the Goon hate tbh. They are the biggest conflict drivers in the entire game, and have been for what like 7+ years?


I think I understand it, at least partially. Feel free to correct me.

1. Tribalism. They are made up of people exclusively from the website SomethingAwful.com, basically a giant internet sub-culture that has a presence in almost every online game in existence. If you aren't a part of this sub-culture, you are what is referred to as a "pubbie". Goons exist to exploit pubbies at every possible opportunity, either for personal gain or just to ruin the playing experience for non-goons because it is funny.

2. Skill (or lack thereof). The leadership is almost always very good at what they do, as you know from EVE's history, but it is true in most other games as well. However, 90%+ of the average goon player base is actually terrible at the game they are playing. They rely on numbers and smart leadership to succeed. Individually, they are pretty shit compared to the ~elite pvp~ playerbase of any given game.


A combination of "They are nothing but griefers! A plague on our honorable game world!" and "Lol they just zerg, all numbers & no skill" is what makes the average pubbie hate goonswarm.

I've experienced this in many MMO's, from both an inside and outside perspective. I've played with groups of people in various games who literally refuse to ally with goons, even though it would be extremely beneficial and profitable, because they hate them so much.
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
July 04 2013 06:57 GMT
#31606
most people who hate goons are people that have lost wars to them.
401k in venal. HATE goons. because they are all ex Band of Brothers players.
N3 HATE goons because Northern Coalition. lost the tribute war.
TEST are being invaded so thats natural. other people hate goons because they got scammed by them (but the way they get scammed makes me think those people needed to learn that lesson the hard way anyway.)
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
July 04 2013 09:13 GMT
#31607
I think N3 hates Goons because the tactics they used in Tribute war and their motto of "We play to ruin your game". The way goons fight through their meta and griefing and scamming really annoy a lot of people in N3 so it goes beyond their lost in Tribute.
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
419
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Russian Federation3632 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-04 10:00:00
July 04 2013 09:47 GMT
#31608
[image loading]


and all we got was this lousy stiletto kill

(Started with us tackling a hurricane off station, then what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck look at all these scythe/scimitar. Doing extended burns with HSM IV and no genolutions sucks)

I for one don't hate goons. Please win / lose the war fast so I can go back to EC- farmings

legacy "battlereport of hatchery" for the day: http://teamliquid.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=12566694
?
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44330 Posts
July 04 2013 11:11 GMT
#31609
Today Goblin wrote: What he did was one of the largest moves in EVE history. But he tried to move something stable. If Superman would lift a huge rock, the rock would return to its original place as soon as Superman gets bored of holding it. The stable equilibrium is that the rock stands on the ground and it needs perpetual effort to keep that changed.


Fuck Newton's laws.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Warri
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany3208 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-04 11:29:38
July 04 2013 11:19 GMT
#31610
On July 04 2013 15:57 MavercK wrote:
most people who hate goons are people that have lost wars to them.
401k in venal. HATE goons. because they are all ex Band of Brothers players.
N3 HATE goons because Northern Coalition. lost the tribute war.
TEST are being invaded so thats natural. other people hate goons because they got scammed by them (but the way they get scammed makes me think those people needed to learn that lesson the hard way anyway.)


I havent lost a war to goons yet. I hate them mainly for the reasons tritan stated. Their public presentation is, mildly said, annoying.
Major conflict driver my ass, they have the biggest blue list in the game ever. Or well..had.

On July 04 2013 20:11 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
Today Goblin wrote: What he did was one of the largest moves in EVE history. But he tried to move something stable. If Superman would lift a huge rock, the rock would return to its original place as soon as Superman gets bored of holding it. The stable equilibrium is that the rock stands on the ground and it needs perpetual effort to keep that changed.


Fuck Newton's laws.

[citation needed]

In his latest article on en24 he does make a valid point though and ridicules mittani: "I loved how The Mittani claimed “while shooting a structure with 30 bombers is a miserable, time-consuming process, 150 bombers can nuke an Ihub down into reinforced within 20 minute”. It is plain stupid as it’s the same man-hours, just distributed over more people."
419
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Russian Federation3632 Posts
July 04 2013 11:42 GMT
#31611
karah plays eve?
?
Warri
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany3208 Posts
July 04 2013 11:54 GMT
#31612
On July 04 2013 20:42 419 wrote:
karah plays eve?

Sometimes.
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
July 04 2013 19:41 GMT
#31613
On July 04 2013 20:11 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
Today Goblin wrote: What he did was one of the largest moves in EVE history. But he tried to move something stable. If Superman would lift a huge rock, the rock would return to its original place as soon as Superman gets bored of holding it. The stable equilibrium is that the rock stands on the ground and it needs perpetual effort to keep that changed.


Fuck Newton's laws.


Tables produce "perpetual effort". Brb free energy.
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-04 23:19:17
July 04 2013 22:59 GMT
#31614
2000+ people in a Blob fight today in Z9PP-H in Fountain today. 30-40 Test's carriers got tackled by Goons. 401K came to help but got bombed out. I joined the N3's fleet as it was forming up and jump just right into 1500+ people fight and start repping like crazy. In the end, the server can't stand the load and crashed into being reinforced, thus saving Test caps

EDIT: Actually I joined in mid fight as a second or third wave is formed up and jump into the system.
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Johnny Business
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1251 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-04 23:25:13
July 04 2013 23:18 GMT
#31615
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3302632#post3302632

server crashed because ccp dolan is ex test :tinfoil:
Serious Business
TritaN
Profile Joined December 2010
United States406 Posts
July 04 2013 23:45 GMT
#31616
People's jimmies are incredibly rustled right now.

Entire TEST 117man cap fleet tackled and trapped in a million bubbles, and a CCP engineer restarts the server.

Hoo boy.
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
July 04 2013 23:51 GMT
#31617
I haven't followed in EVE in a long time, but it seems to me like the goons just got owned by their own kind of methods! :D
Go big, or go home!
marconi
Profile Joined March 2010
Croatia220 Posts
July 04 2013 23:53 GMT
#31618
how unfortunate.
Omigawa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1556 Posts
July 04 2013 23:55 GMT
#31619
On July 05 2013 08:51 Tarias wrote:
I haven't followed in EVE in a long time, but it seems to me like the goons just got owned by their own kind of methods! :D


A single CCP engineer switching the node and forcing everyone in system to disconnect? That method?

Sucks for the CFC but it's ridiculous how enraged people (especially Goons) are becoming about "internet spaceship pixels", as they call them... I'm surprised half the people in that thread aren't banned, I guess CCP has a lot of forum abuse tolerance.

KwarK/tofu what's a standard TL ban length for telling an admin "fuck you"? Just curious.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44330 Posts
July 05 2013 00:04 GMT
#31620
There isn't a standard.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Prev 1 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 2022 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28584
Shuttle 2933
Bisu 982
Horang2 819
Jaedong 617
BeSt 384
Hyuk 308
firebathero 303
actioN 278
Light 257
[ Show more ]
Mini 211
Stork 205
Zeus 186
Soma 180
Soulkey 168
EffOrt 143
Last 131
Leta 109
ggaemo 92
ZerO 86
Pusan 84
Snow 83
Rush 69
Mong 55
Killer 54
Aegong 40
hero 39
Mind 35
Shine 32
Sexy 29
Sharp 27
Bale 26
NaDa 25
Shinee 24
ToSsGirL 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 17
sorry 15
Free 14
Yoon 13
zelot 13
JulyZerg 12
PianO 12
HiyA 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1463
qojqva1202
Dendi845
Fuzer 126
League of Legends
Reynor91
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
x6flipin281
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes703
Other Games
gofns39839
singsing2029
B2W.Neo458
XBOCT333
Livibee180
DeMusliM178
Mew2King135
Liquid`LucifroN130
XaKoH 120
ArmadaUGS99
QueenE82
Chillindude9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream301
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2234
• TFBlade468
Other Games
• WagamamaTV130
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 15m
Stellar Fest
1h 15m
OSC
12h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.