• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:14
CEST 13:14
KST 20:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8915 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 234

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 232 233 234 235 236 248 Next
Brow23
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany105 Posts
June 15 2012 16:09 GMT
#4661
The game isn't better because of only 1 major server/region... The game has still no content at maxlevel! PvP is meh, but its grinding Random vs Random Warfronts over and over. The game had so much potential, but BioWare failed it so hard.
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 19:07:14
June 16 2012 19:05 GMT
#4662
Just reviewed some of my vods and noticed that a cranky baby makes a cameo in two of them. I set a push to talk key now.

This game is great if you like the pvp. The cooldowns classes get in this add some interesting strategies.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
June 16 2012 19:36 GMT
#4663
On June 17 2012 04:05 Rah wrote:
This game is great if you like the pvp. The cooldowns classes get in this add some interesting strategies.


With the following 1.3 change it might actually become good:
Players who are stunned or immobilized no longer appear to teleport a short distance to a new location on other players' screens.

On the other side Marauders still have too many (or with too short cooldown) defensive cooldowns compared to other classes.
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 22:35:21
June 16 2012 22:33 GMT
#4664
That's the price you pay. It's a lot stronger than others, so longer cooldown. One of the things I liked about dps operative was the defensive cd's weren't anything crazy but they were very spammable. Too bad the class got nerfed into the ground damagewise.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
July 01 2012 14:31 GMT
#4665
I wonder if there are others who play that game over at EU/The Red Eclipse ?
Would like to have some proper TL people around, to help with stuff. I'm tired of running into people who doesn't know how to play their class role in parties
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
July 07 2012 18:46 GMT
#4666
I resubbed just to get all class quests done. For me this game's big part was the story and that KOTOR feeling. Although I am saying this, I am currently playing both KOTOR and KOTOR 2, so I am kinda in a SW period, so I wanted to resub to get the TOR story too.

Apart from that I really have no clue since I haven't even PVP or Raid yet.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
July 12 2012 07:51 GMT
#4667
Is it worth re-dling the game for this 7 days free? (more like 4 now)

If theres more class quests than i might check that out. Thats the only thing the game did well. PvP was just a cc fest and was annoying. I dont see many reasons to return or even try the game again. I've given it a fair go (was in beta for 6mths, then 3mths of launch) so im wondering if i should just forget it and move on.
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
July 20 2012 14:41 GMT
#4668
I finally unsubscribed because I'm running out of things to do, played since launch, but I'm not unhappy with the game. The PvP is amazing in it, the push/ pull/ stun/ stunbreak relationships are really well done. This is demonstrated the most in huttball games with good players. My prefered role is tank and tank classes in this game are extremely well balanced. I still don't know which I'd prefer if I could only be one. When I play tank classes in future games they will be compared to this, and I doubt they'll match up. People who don't understand it will get upset while playing, but this game really did control properly. Get the most out of that resolve bar.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
July 20 2012 17:03 GMT
#4669
On July 20 2012 23:41 Rah wrote:
I finally unsubscribed because I'm running out of things to do, played since launch, but I'm not unhappy with the game. The PvP is amazing in it, the push/ pull/ stun/ stunbreak relationships are really well done. This is demonstrated the most in huttball games with good players. My prefered role is tank and tank classes in this game are extremely well balanced. I still don't know which I'd prefer if I could only be one. When I play tank classes in future games they will be compared to this, and I doubt they'll match up. People who don't understand it will get upset while playing, but this game really did control properly. Get the most out of that resolve bar.


Uhh, what? Resolve bar was broken as fuck. Granted I unsubbed in like April but back then it didn't work. You could stun people, snare people, lock people down all with full resolve. The second you got unstunned while at full resolve you'd just get stunned again. Which was shown perfectly well in huttball when you grabbed it and got chain snared/slowed/stunned to death and couldn't walk a half inch even with half your team healing you.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
July 20 2012 17:13 GMT
#4670
On July 21 2012 02:03 Infernal_dream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2012 23:41 Rah wrote:
I finally unsubscribed because I'm running out of things to do, played since launch, but I'm not unhappy with the game. The PvP is amazing in it, the push/ pull/ stun/ stunbreak relationships are really well done. This is demonstrated the most in huttball games with good players. My prefered role is tank and tank classes in this game are extremely well balanced. I still don't know which I'd prefer if I could only be one. When I play tank classes in future games they will be compared to this, and I doubt they'll match up. People who don't understand it will get upset while playing, but this game really did control properly. Get the most out of that resolve bar.


Uhh, what? Resolve bar was broken as fuck. Granted I unsubbed in like April but back then it didn't work. You could stun people, snare people, lock people down all with full resolve. The second you got unstunned while at full resolve you'd just get stunned again. Which was shown perfectly well in huttball when you grabbed it and got chain snared/slowed/stunned to death and couldn't walk a half inch even with half your team healing you.


Nope. Resolve was never broken. People just dont know how things worked. You are apparently one of them judging from what you write.

@Rah:
Yeah Huttball was a really awesome PvP map when grouped with competent people (and playing against another team).
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-20 18:18:55
July 20 2012 18:15 GMT
#4671
I read this on resolve early on and it gave me an edge. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61363

A lot of players had a hard time adjusting from WoW's system.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Greenmansuit
Profile Joined January 2011
United States17 Posts
July 29 2012 18:12 GMT
#4672
If anyone ever decides to pick this game up let me know at bjhaist25@gmail.com! I would like to do that refer a friend. We can start characters together and I can help you out with leveling, flashpoints, and credits!
"everybody loves greenman"
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
July 31 2012 19:46 GMT
#4673
http://twitter.com/gamespot/status/230382086958231552

Star Wars: The Old Republic is going free to play this fall with unlimited access up to level 50. Full story coming...
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
July 31 2012 20:26 GMT
#4674
well, that was quick.

half a year....
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
July 31 2012 20:31 GMT
#4675
On August 01 2012 05:26 LaNague wrote:
well, that was quick.

half a year....


Such is the fate of all WoW clones.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 20:45:44
July 31 2012 20:44 GMT
#4676
Pretty excited, I've been waiting for it to go free for a while now so I could play it again =D

It's a genuinely fun game, just not for 15$ a month.
dsousa
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1363 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 20:48:35
July 31 2012 20:47 GMT
#4677
On August 01 2012 05:44 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Pretty excited, I've been waiting for it to go free for a while now so I could play it again =D

It's a genuinely fun game, just not for 15$ a month.


I like. I haven't played yet, but you can't really pass up free can you?

Am looking for something to try out after Diablo 3.

here is an article about it. http://allthingsd.com/20120731/ea-making-star-wars-game-free-after-subscription-fees-are-deemed-a-major-barrier/?reflink=ATD_yahoo_ticker
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
July 31 2012 20:53 GMT
#4678
I still don't want to start playing again. I've wasted enough time already
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
July 31 2012 20:56 GMT
#4679
So they will basicly just try to make it stay afloat on people buying in game items?
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22643 Posts
July 31 2012 21:25 GMT
#4680
Wait did i read that artical correctly. The people who bought the game and have been paying for it this entire time get a bunch of currency instead of free premium?
Normaly when games go f2p the old buyers get more out of it then just this...
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Prev 1 232 233 234 235 236 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 654
WardiTV184
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 11902
StarCastTV_EN365
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko274
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14019
Bisu 3836
Jaedong 3580
EffOrt 1139
BeSt 892
ZerO 446
Horang2 436
Pusan 263
Larva 240
actioN 232
[ Show more ]
Zeus 222
Hyun 139
Mind 133
Barracks 87
ggaemo 71
Killer 47
Yoon 47
scan(afreeca) 44
Sharp 43
NotJumperer 38
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 30
Sacsri 21
Hm[arnc] 21
Sea.KH 15
Terrorterran 13
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 5
Dota 2
Dendi116
League of Legends
JimRising 377
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1620
byalli776
Other Games
crisheroes247
Pyrionflax175
dupreeh101
Mew2King67
DeMusliM58
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV538
• lizZardDota2282
League of Legends
• Jankos1299
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 46m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.