• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8148 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 248 Next
Hyst3ria
Profile Joined December 2007
United States167 Posts
June 02 2011 14:24 GMT
#201
On June 02 2011 23:11 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 19:27 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
That is the one problem with taking on the Star Wars IP to make an MMO... you're basically bringing in one of the most rabid fan-bases on the planet, and attempting to please them all will be next to impossible.


You don't have to please them at all. For the game to be successful they only need to accomodate people who enjoyed saber-swinging in episodes 1-3 of the movies (and that's what they're aiming for, seeing how half of the available classes in the game are Force users, and each one has either dual-weilding or double-bladed lightsabers options).
This way they get a gazillion of people who don't give a damn about lore, they just want to swing their lightsaber. Automatic commercial success in my opinion.
Also, this way hardcore fans become the minority of the game population and can whine all they want as nobody will give a shit about it.

Edit:
Just check the polls on their forums, right now it seems that 60% of people are going to be some form of Jedi, 30% Soldiers and only 10% Stealthers.
That's fine by me, because I wanted to roll an Imperial Agent ever since they announced this class, Operative healing specced = auto-include in every party and getting all the class loot as there won't be any competition for it while all the others are going to be rolling hardcore for their +2 Jedi boots.

I feel like they need to limit the amount of jedi per server. It's going to bother me that the majority is going to be jedis. It's making gear towards bounty hunter or some other class despite wanting to be a sith warrior.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17847 Posts
June 02 2011 16:25 GMT
#202
Well, I find it quite ok. I've always wanted to play through KotOR's as non-Jedi, and now I'll get my chance and as a bonus I'll be able to get my loot easy enough as there won't be enough smugglers/ias to divide the pool of surplus gear.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Anda
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany152 Posts
June 02 2011 16:42 GMT
#203
I think you can play the game completly with jedis. jedi-warrior (tank), jedi-inquisitor is healer, so I don't know if enough people play any class without a lightsaber :o
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
June 02 2011 16:46 GMT
#204
I got reinvited to the beta for the 3rd time. They have really improved the game a lot.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
June 02 2011 17:11 GMT
#205
On June 03 2011 01:46 darmousseh wrote:
I got reinvited to the beta for the 3rd time. They have really improved the game a lot.


Wow I am jealous I only got invited once and I got the lame classes to play :p
When I think of something else, something will go here
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
June 02 2011 18:22 GMT
#206
the beta has started?
EG.lectR
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States617 Posts
June 02 2011 18:27 GMT
#207
Really anxious for this game
@colindeshong
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
June 02 2011 18:29 GMT
#208
On June 03 2011 03:22 dbddbddb wrote:
the beta has started?



I played the beta back in october for 1 week, then against in april for 3 weeks. Now I just started another beta, but this one doesn't have an ending date. Maybe it will last until the game is released.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Canadium
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada171 Posts
June 02 2011 18:37 GMT
#209
I absolutely loved KotOR I and II so obviously I can't wait for this game.... but I'm a little skeptical about it being an MMO. I lose interest in MMO's pretty fast. And I'll miss the exclusivity of being the only hero :/
You better run Charles....
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
June 02 2011 18:40 GMT
#210
On June 03 2011 03:37 Canadium wrote:
I absolutely loved KotOR I and II so obviously I can't wait for this game.... but I'm a little skeptical about it being an MMO. I lose interest in MMO's pretty fast. And I'll miss the exclusivity of being the only hero :/



I can't talk specifics about the beta, but lets just say that I am 100% quitting wow for this game and that if you liked KOTOR, then you will love this game just as much. As advertised, the game can be played soloish (while leveling) or in groups. It doesn't force you to do either. A lot of people I imagine will just play the game for the story and not even do end-game raiding.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
June 02 2011 20:00 GMT
#211
...Invited for a third time?!?

1) Envious. I would strike you down on your throne.
2) I've been registered since the day it opened, and on the forums for longer than the current archives go back. The selection system they use hates me Maybe it's because I have had three infractions. I dunno.

But I hope you enjoy your testing time, and can give us some general impressions. I believe you are allowed to talk about things that have already been released, ne?
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
ToxNub
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada805 Posts
June 02 2011 20:50 GMT
#212
The current beta is for friends and family only afaik. So don't beat yourself up because you didn't get in.

My roommate is the infamous bioware employee back from all the conspiracy theory nonsense surrounding DA2 He was kind enough to get me in.

I think it will be a solid game. I am totally digging the quests/convos. I'd compare it in "feel" similar to warhammer. PvP and group raid-wise I don't have enough experience to offer a good summary... I found it chaotic. The biggest draw for me is definitely the sci-fi aspect. I am sick to death of medieval fantasy.

That being said. There is a *ahem* "diverse" range of opinion on what makes a good MMO. And the genre is so mature these days if you are really expecting spectacular innovation you are kidding yourself. I'm sure a lot of people will rage about what a travesty it is, and another bunch will play it for years.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
June 02 2011 21:07 GMT
#213
On June 03 2011 03:40 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2011 03:37 Canadium wrote:
I absolutely loved KotOR I and II so obviously I can't wait for this game.... but I'm a little skeptical about it being an MMO. I lose interest in MMO's pretty fast. And I'll miss the exclusivity of being the only hero :/



I can't talk specifics about the beta, but lets just say that I am 100% quitting wow for this game and that if you liked KOTOR, then you will love this game just as much. As advertised, the game can be played soloish (while leveling) or in groups. It doesn't force you to do either. A lot of people I imagine will just play the game for the story and not even do end-game raiding.



mmhh if they can pull of that feel of a sp game with weaved in multiplayer/multiplayer end game it could be a very interesting thing. i always HATED the part in evry mmo till youre at high/max level.


def think this game will be atleast a moderate success. bioware+star wars alone will bring a ton of people to try it. and many many people are tired of wow nowadays.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17847 Posts
June 02 2011 23:12 GMT
#214
On June 03 2011 01:42 Anda wrote:
I think you can play the game completly with jedis. jedi-warrior (tank), jedi-inquisitor is healer, so I don't know if enough people play any class without a lightsaber :o


T_T just read the info on classes and some notes from BW that there are 3 classes on each side which can be made into primary healer.

Darmousseh, could you at least say as much as true/false? Or maybe even in a bit more detail, like "sure, there are 3 classes which you can spec for healing but not all of them work all that great in this role"

If the case is option #1 then no wonder almost no one wants to play Smuggler or Agent, as they're the weakest combat wise (judging from what I read and saw in the movies) and their healing spec isn't special any more
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
June 02 2011 23:17 GMT
#215
IDK about 3, but I can confirm 2 for sure, and for tanks as well not just healers (from gameplay videos and interviews).
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
June 04 2011 03:28 GMT
#216
Pretty juicy updates today.

Peek into mechanics for ACs: http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes
A little more talk about ACs (interview on MMORPG.com): http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/feature/5273

Personally, this is my favorite part of MMOs: class mechanics. The abilities seem on-par with what they're trying to do, with a few nods to SW lore in there, too. The numbers cited are probably for max level (50) characters, which may give us an idea of the hp pools we'll be dealing with at that level.

E3 info: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110603-1
(Raids! Alderaan! Tatooine!)

Gamespot.com interview with Daniel Erickson, with snippets of new video: http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6316986/e3-2011-star-wars-the-old-republic-exclusive-details-on-raiding-tatooine-mounts-and-more/?tag=updates;editor;all;title;3&page=1
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
June 04 2011 07:47 GMT
#217
Thanks for the post was interesting hearing some of their stuff. I do wish the space combat was like in star wars galaxies though
When I think of something else, something will go here
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
June 04 2011 18:51 GMT
#218
On June 04 2011 16:47 blade55555 wrote:
Thanks for the post was interesting hearing some of their stuff. I do wish the space combat was like in star wars galaxies though


np.

A lot of us are hoping that they'll improve space combat. If it happens, it will be well after launch. I'm not sure the odds, tho. Hopefully better than 3,720 to 1.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
June 04 2011 19:04 GMT
#219
I actually think I'm gonna give this game a shot once it comes out. I figure it can't hurt. Swinging around with light sabers is pretty much always pretty fun, but I'm probably going to start as an imperial agent.
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
plasemeious
Profile Joined November 2009
United States244 Posts
June 04 2011 19:19 GMT
#220
On June 03 2011 02:11 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2011 01:46 darmousseh wrote:
I got reinvited to the beta for the 3rd time. They have really improved the game a lot.


Wow I am jealous I only got invited once and I got the lame classes to play :p

Me too I didn't get invited at all.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 18m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.