• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8143 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 13

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 28 2008 23:55 GMT
#241
there are some isolated examples given in their blogs (like gouki's short tatsu -> fp is more consistent if you do it as short tatsu -> down -> neutral -> fp according to boss) but b/c there seems to be no general rule that pple have figured out... it's still somewhat undefined. Apparently it's used in some of yun's nishou combos but... i really dont know the details.

well the japanese 3s players define the term as "landing cancel" or something or other. I play ssbm (or used to at least) so the term l-cancel kinda spilled out.
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
April 29 2008 00:16 GMT
#242
I recently just found a copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection which features 3'S for xbox, so if anyone else has it and plays on Live, my gamertag is KingKosi (It is backwards compatible).
Twitter: @KingKosi
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
April 29 2008 00:22 GMT
#243
It's so ridiculous that 3S as a game is continuing to evolve. The tiers are pretty much set in stone at this point but it's amazing that the game has so much depth. Much like SC, I guess.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
April 29 2008 00:58 GMT
#244
J is retired
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
April 30 2008 20:20 GMT
#245
Oh man Bill, I was set on trying to learn Lilica (lol) and I was trying out some combos and stuff. The air combo with the 623A236A236A string was partially okay, but trying to do the flash steps was hilariously bad with a controller. I guess I need a stick setup :O Anyway I decided to let go of Lilica for now and tried Saki and that's turning out to be a bit better.
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-30 23:10:44
April 30 2008 23:08 GMT
#246
Hehehe, yeah some things are almost impossible to do on a pad ^^. Of course, her Flash Step combo is still really hard even with a stick, so who knows.

A great Saki player to watch, imo, is Alan White (白アラン). I've posted a bunch of his matches in this topic, and you can find even more by searching for his Japanese name on Youtube. His rushdown is really intense: he keeps mixing up between low hits and overheads (using Saki's divekick).

Actually, here are two pretty good matches I found by searching for his name just now.

+ Show Spoiler [2 matches] +

Alan White (Dark Saki) vs Mi (Fire Kira)




Alan White (Dark Saki) vs ASA (Water Kamui)





On a different topic, apparently the last boss of AH2 -- Angelia and her Arcana, Mildred -- are unlockable and playable. I'll post a match of her up once I find a good one. In the meantime, I thought this match had a funny ending:


AH2 - Wind Lilica vs Love Heart

VERY stylish way to end a match, imo ^_^. (fyi, you can't kill with block damage in AH games)

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +




+ Show Spoiler [ending spoiler] +

LOL at how the Heart player he crossed up the Lilica player using a love ball at the end. To be honest, when he dashed up and did Heart's Critical Heart, even I was so surprised that I completely forgot there was a love ball still behind him. ^_^;;
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 30 2008 23:26 GMT
#247
AH2 - Dark Zenia vs Love Petra

Alright, this is definitely one of the closest matches I've ever seen from JOYBOX arcade. Very suspenseful rounds.

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +


SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-05-02 03:14:41
May 01 2008 01:24 GMT
#248
Oh man those AH2 ones you just posted are nice. The missed Critical Heart was lol

Edit: Petra seems awesome but it looks like the most used new char is Zenia?
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-05-06 00:04:00
May 05 2008 23:55 GMT
#249
I'm currently uploading the AHF casuals that I recorded last Saturday:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bill307fighting

All of the videos except 1 feature myself playing as either Lieselotte or Kira. I'll post some of the better games individually here later. There was one where my opponent shouted "FUCK KIRA!", which cracks me up.

As for my level of play, with Lieselotte I have a *lot* of learning to do , and with Kira, after watching all the games, I noticed that I utilized almost every technique or trick in her arsenal in at least one of the matches I played, but in each match I utilized only a small subset of those techniques, compared to how many I should have used. This is where my Makoto and Ken used to be ~5 months ago. (I still don't use all my options with them in 3s, but I use many more than I used to.)

In other words, my Makoto and Ken are maturing, my Kira is immature, and my Liese is still taking her first steps.


Edit: Ah, here's my favourite:

AHF - altergenesis (Dark Heart) vs Bill307 (Bolt Kira)

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +


Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
May 06 2008 02:53 GMT
#250
Ah, nice throw setups Bill. A couple whiffs extra but it got the job done.

Does Kira have any good pressuring options on wakeup? Are there ground dashes with some momentum? Block strings to mix up with tick throws and such? But I guess the opponent has a pretty good DP reversal from what I see?

Watching modern doujin-style fighters with double jumps and mass airdashes, spamming the same high priority air attack while jockeying for air position kind of cracks me up. Seems fun though.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
May 06 2008 04:11 GMT
#251
Thanks Myrmidon.

I don't think attacks have different priorities in AH (compared to, say, 3s): I believe they're all the same. Kira's j.A is really useful because of its range + speed, and because if they hit you first, the start-up frames of her j.A will clash with their attack. Clashing is a large, advanced part of AH. Some moves like Kira's splash (j.2C) never clash, though, in which case they'll either trade hits, or the girl with the further-disjointed hitbox will win.

Kira's pressuring options on wake-up are similar to any other grappler, with the added bonuses that all of her B and C attacks are air-unblockable, and her Arcana can sometimes help her out (e.g. some Arcana moves will hit them if they do a reversal on wake-up). Although her dash isn't too good, you can often use 6C to get right beside them: it's the large boot that makes Kira fly across the screen (e.g. at 1:10 in the vid above). After a 360, I used to use 6[C] almost all the time. I can let it go early, whiffing and then doing a 720 super. Or I can let it charge fully, causing a guardcrush if it's blocked and slamming them into the corner. It's also air-unblockable, fully-charged or not, so they can't jump away. In the video, however, I started charging it too late, and didn't let it go early enough to catch him jumping away. =/

Another trick I used is at 2:43. After an empty jump-in, I used 4D to do a short homing hop backwards, giving me a moment of invincibility and causing my opponent's 2A attack to whiff. Then I 360'd him and he exclaimed "WHAT?!".

Kira has a *lot* more things she can do >, especially with certain Arcanas like Lightning. Unfortunately, I rarely or never used her other tricks that day. =/
SpiralArchitect
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2116 Posts
May 06 2008 04:44 GMT
#252
Soul Calibur pwnz so hard
TeamLiquids #1 illiterate writer, writin dem wordz is de hardz.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
May 06 2008 05:51 GMT
#253
Here are some other matches that might be worth watching:

AHF - altergenesis (Dark Heart) vs Bill307 (Bolt Kira)

#6 on my Youtube channel. (My favourite vid was #4.) "FUCK KIRA!" makes its appearance here after a baited wake-up dragon punch. A close match.

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +


+ Show Spoiler [the result] +
Y'know, in many of these videos I intentionally drop a combo near the end of the round in anticipation of my opponent bursting (activating his Arcana) so that I can grab him immediately afterwards. (Most dropped combos are accidental, though. ) It almost never worked. Then, the one time when it's REALLY OBVIOUS that my opponent is going to burst, at a game-deciding point in the round, I didn't bait it.


AHF - altergenesis (Water Saki) vs Bill307 (Bolt Kira)

Our 1st game with this matchup. Also a close match.

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +


+ Show Spoiler [the result] +
Worst time ever to drop an easy combo. (Well, at least it wasn't in a tourney... this time...)

Honestly, it seems like I muff-up far more comebacks in AHF than I pull-off successfully.


This match (Fiona vs Lieselotte #4) was IMO the best match I had with Lieselotte. The ending of the 1st round was really close.

Here's a match (Kamui vs Kira #1) where I pulled off a 720 at 0:36 that I still can't believe I did. O_O Basically I had to rotate the stick twice between the 4D homing to dodge out of the way and the 720 super (no buffering before the 4D). The 2nd round shows some of my best pressure and offensive play with Kira.

Here's a match (Heart vs Kira #5) that shows two clash techniques I should have been using a LOT more often: clash 720 super, and clash 623D with Lightning, which does an invincible lightning burst after a clash.

Here's a match (Heart vs Kira #7) where my opponent loses 95% of his life in 15 seconds, thanks to some unusual post-720 spacing. ^_^ (Usually after a 720 you end up out-of-reach of a second 720.)
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
May 07 2008 23:17 GMT
#254
Good stuff Bill
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
May 09 2008 19:01 GMT
#255
lol: funny KO in 3s:

Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-05-11 20:58:51
May 11 2008 20:56 GMT
#256
So apparently:

Ochibi, Rikimaru, Boss were OCVed by Kuroda's Gouki in qualify tournament!!!

(from SRK)

Scary shit. Especially considering Boss was likely playing Makoto SA2, and if he lands a karakusa on his side of the screen, it's literally an instant win for him (due to the relatively-easy 100% stun 100% damage combo Makoto has on Akuma). Makes me consider learning Akuma/Gouki in 3s, actually.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
May 11 2008 21:27 GMT
#257
great news
I think kuroda will own the whole tournament, just because he doesn't use one of the worst characters this time O_O
And all is illuminated.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
May 11 2008 21:46 GMT
#258
I'm dying to see that Gouki in action after hearing so much about it. Such a patient, defensive player using a character with such phenomenal zoning potential, I can't wait. My only fear is some freak string of guessing wrong in oki situations. Well, that or the information from SRK being simply faulty since the level of Kuroda fanboyism on that site rivals sAviOr's here

If Kuroda does well enough at SBO (winning it), do you think Gouki's spot on the tier list would be affected? I often wonder how set in stone those tiers really are since the lower tier characters seem to be played so significantly less than the top tier at nearly all levels.
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-05-11 21:52:58
May 11 2008 21:50 GMT
#259
I hate how the fastest character in GG is C tier while the slowest is A -_-
Is 遠藤 a known Chipp player or just a random? I don't know any "well-known" Chipps now that Susumu stopped playing him. Advice prease :3



Also, I think at least the top 3 placings in the 3S tier list are pretty much set in stone. There's nobody that can displace them. Just because Kuroda is inhumanly good doesn't mean the character is better than others. Just that he can outplay people using it. It's not like Q moved up the tier list (or maybe he did while I wasn't watching).
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
May 12 2008 05:51 GMT
#260
Actually, both someone on SRK and my friend IRL have mentioned that Kuroda plays Gouki because he believes Gouki is the best character in the game.

One reason why Gouki might be Kuroda's best character is because one of Gouki's biggest downsides is his low health, however Kuroda is extremely good on defense, so perhaps he is unaffected by Gouki's low health.

Whether this would affect the tier list is a difficult question to answer. But at the very least, we should wait and see how other players adapt to Kuroda's Gouki after playing against it for some time.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 278
TKL 231
CranKy Ducklings120
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko496
TKL 231
ProTech120
Rex 103
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60117
Free 2334
Horang2 311
firebathero 224
Zeus 176
Last 103
Hyun 90
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 75
910 42
[ Show more ]
soO 28
Aegong 22
Trap 22
Rock 17
Yoon 15
scan(afreeca) 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6453
Dendi903
XaKoH 469
canceldota64
Counter-Strike
fl0m86
Other Games
gofns34431
singsing2319
B2W.Neo464
byalli419
Pyrionflax316
Mlord241
Beastyqt205
ToD180
DeMusliM115
Liquid`VortiX77
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1623
League of Legends
• Jankos2845
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 20m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.