• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8143 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-26 21:05:03
April 26 2008 20:51 GMT
#221
Jesus Christ: a standing 1080 in AH2:

+ Show Spoiler [standing 1080] +



I have enough trouble doing a standing 720 :S.


Also of possible interest: a video showing every AH2 character's "Critical Heart", kind of a level 3 super (it consumes 3 supers, or 5 in Maori's case).

+ Show Spoiler [all critical hearts] +




Lastly, and most awesomely, a combo exhibition of all 6 new characters. First it shows each character's basic, all-purpose combo that gets used in real matches. Then it shows a bunch of arcana-specific, flashy combos. My personal favourites are the Posion teleport combo for Zenia at 2:53, and the brief 292-hit Fire combo for Dorothy at 6:30 (it lasts about 3 seconds ).

+ Show Spoiler [new char combo vid] +


Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 26 2008 21:34 GMT
#222
On April 22 2008 05:48 thedeadhaji wrote:
"The result... I think you can see why I've been saying MOV as the hands down #1 from over a year ago. Even then he hasn't fully shown his usual abilities. Probably about 70%. Theoretically the ultimate is Kuroda living inside MOV's brain, but that's another story." -- Mester

Interestingly, MOV and Kuroda are going to be playing on the same team in this year's SBO.

Team Ino JAPAN:
Ino (Makoto)
MOV (Chun Li)
Kuroda (Akuma)

Scary.

Someone on SRK also posted:
A person who went and played with everyone for hours after the tourney, told me that Kuroda is indeed the best in Japan right now.
Said he saw him double perfect Nukis chun with his akuma (100% nonstop rushdown) and then continue to beat him after.
He also told me he would go back to his turtling ways against ken.


Possible Kuroda-killing teams:
Boss (MA), Ochibi (YU), Rikimaru (CH)
RX (UR), Nuki (CH), KO (YA?) - not confirmed to be an actual team yet

Maybe Haji can shed some more light on this whole situation? o.Oa
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-27 00:31:54
April 27 2008 00:31 GMT
#223
all 3 of those teams are terrifying
assuming nuki is in playing shape
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 27 2008 00:38 GMT
#224
drunken and can't read.

will check tomorrow.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 27 2008 01:33 GMT
#225
hahaha haji such a hero
i just read through the first half of the original SFIII thread....fucking epic reading the SBO5 commentary
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-27 03:14:17
April 27 2008 02:59 GMT
#226
Hahaha, yeah SBO5 was NUTS. It was mainly because RX's team had no top-tier characters yet were beasting nonetheless. No matter how much awesome comes out of the games this year, without a non-top-tier team to root for, the hype won't quite reach the level it attained back then T_T.

Still looking forward to it, though. Especially Kuroda's Gouki. I've seen his Gouki before in those Kuroda DVDs (my friend has most of them) but it was against lackluster opponents. Now we'll hopefully get to see him playing against top-caliber opponents. *prays for another live stream this year*

lol, gj Haji.

Edit: Hey, does anyone want to see me doing combos or something with Kira? I have my friend's PS2 for the weekend with Arcana Heart US, and I'm thinking of getting either a webcam or a digital camera that I can use to record stuff.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 27 2008 05:25 GMT
#227
bill offhand, do you have a list of the qualified teams for this year's SBO? i've been looking around but couldn't find one

also off hand, do you know who the losers were in SBO1? I recognized spellmaster J but i couldn't recognize the other faces in the video
blue urien (tokido? dunno what he looks like) and i forget the chun also
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 27 2008 05:52 GMT
#228
Not sure about the losers in SBO1, but here's the SRK topic I've been getting my SBO6 info from:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=153617


Man, the dialog in the US version of Arcana Heart is hilarious and random! Here's an example from Konoha's storyline:

Kamui: Konoha, you are strong, but I don't want you getting involved. Please, let me handle this alone.
*Konoha knocks her out in a vicious fight*
Konoha: Woof! Woof! Don't be ridiculous, Miss Kamui. Konoha can handle this while you rest.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 27 2008 10:47 GMT
#229
SBO '08 Teams

Qualification is in two stages. First there are the "store prelims". Once a team wins that, several of those teams come together @ a differnt place at the "block finals" and the winner of that will win a ticket to the SBO finals.


Passed

Inoue Japan
Inoue (Mak)
Kurado (Gou)
MOV (Chun)

School of Yamada ☆ 3rd Strike Club
Nanaichi (Ken)
Eda (Dud)
Aruka (Ibu)



Other Teams

Saint Thanatos Academy
Principal Sei (Sei) (Elena)
Vice Principal Thanatos (Thanatos) (Oro)
Student Council President PinoAB7 (PinoAB7) (Necro)

Oka ☆
Tsubo (Chun)
KZ (Yang)
Knights (Yun)

Draft Beer, first glass
Out (Q)
GOGOV (Chun)
Terunosuke (Al)

The Supreme Magic Bullet cannot be Parried
Thunder-Lord Vanaoh (Ryu)
Kera (Mak)
Pierre (Ur)

Champion Road ~The Way~
Rikimaru (Chun)
Boss (Makoto)
Ochibi (Yun)

We came to beat Kera-kun
Higa (Ibu)
Maggy (Dud)
Genki (Al)



I skipped teams that I had no idea who the players were at all.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
April 27 2008 16:32 GMT
#230
On April 27 2008 11:59 Bill307 wrote:
Hey, does anyone want to see me doing combos or something with Kira? I have my friend's PS2 for the weekend with Arcana Heart US, and I'm thinking of getting either a webcam or a digital camera that I can use to record stuff.

Zomg can you, I just got it and I'm now realizing (again) how bad I am at every game I pick up :D
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 27 2008 18:50 GMT
#231
Thanks Haji!

Saya: Okay. I'll probably go out and buy a webcam or a digital camera or something this afternoon.


Another AH US quote:
"I am programmed to win at laundry." - Mei Fang
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-28 05:44:52
April 28 2008 05:26 GMT
#232
On April 28 2008 01:32 SayaSP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2008 11:59 Bill307 wrote:
Hey, does anyone want to see me doing combos or something with Kira? I have my friend's PS2 for the weekend with Arcana Heart US, and I'm thinking of getting either a webcam or a digital camera that I can use to record stuff.

Zomg can you, I just got it and I'm now realizing (again) how bad I am at every game I pick up :D

Voila: a "combo video" (not really) that I made, plus the description from Youtube.

AHF - Earth Kira combo: 0 homing; 0 supers; ~10,500 damage (43% of full health)

+ Show Spoiler [Bill Earth Kira combo] +



A boring video of myself doing a difficult Earth Kira combo and two variations of it. Do not expect to be entertained. This is a combo you could actually use in a real match, if not for the strict timing involved. (Well, "strict" relative to Kira's usual combos, at least. ) It definitely looks a lot easier than it really is.

The combo in question consumes 0 homing and 0 supers, yet deals an extraordinary ~10,500 points of damage. There are many ways to exceed this in Arcana Heart, but they usually require multiple homing bars and/or super bars.

The difficulty is in the timing of the 5B xx Earth fist cancel. If you cancel 5B right away, then after the Earth fist they'll land before your next 5B hits them. So you have to cancel 5B near the end of its cancel window.

This video consists of three combos. The first is the standard 0 homing 0 super combo with an ideal ending that leaves your opponent on the ground (this ending works up-close only). If you need a little more damage, then the second video shows how you can use 1 homing bar to repeat the combo and deal an extra ~1,900 damage. The third video shows how you can combo into the Earth fists from midscreen, though at the expense of 2 homing bars.

A major downside of this combo is that if your opponent activates their Arcana right before an Earth fist, then they get a free combo on you.

The exact combos are:

#1 (~10,500 damage)
(5B 41236D)x3 2B 623A

#2 (~12,400 damage)
(5B 41236D)x3 5B [7HC] j.A j.2C land 2B 623A (5B 41236D)x3

#3 (~10,400 damage)
5B [7HC] (j.A j.2C land 2A)x2 5B [7HC] j.A j.2C land 2B 623A (5B 41236D)x3
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-28 06:11:36
April 28 2008 06:09 GMT
#233
Oh wow that's pretty sick :o. I'm kind of surprised I know what the numbers and stuff mean.

Edit: Oh man if there really are streams of the SBO I want to see that!
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-28 08:11:24
April 28 2008 08:03 GMT
#234
YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY

+ Show Spoiler +

YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY YEAH BABY


I JUST GOT THE 11TH HIT OF LIESELOTTE'S MIDSCREEN COMBO TO CONNECT! GOD DAMN THAT WAS HARD!

Her midscreen combo is like, a standard target combo ending in the doll being tossed out at the opponent, then an instant-air-dash (IAD) which I keep messing up, four more hits, and then the hardest part: you have to press 2B+C to simultaneously knock the opponent towards the ground with Lieselotte's 2C while the doll does her own quick 2B attack (as opposed to its slower C attack), then you have to press 5B again just before the opponent hits the ground so that the doll does its 5B attack and keeps the opponent in the air so you can keep juggling them. And you have to do all of this while holding forward, so it's really 3B+C then 6B.

Next time I practice Lieselotte, I've gotta set up my camera so that you guys can hear how excited I was IRL .

Now I have to try to do it more than once, maybe even consistently, lol.


Btw, glad you liked the video, Saya ^^.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
April 28 2008 09:11 GMT
#235
Thanks haji (I stopped by that thread too bill ^_^)

omfg @ team inoue and champion's road. But I'm really hoping for KO to win one finally.

or at least I wanna see Daigo/Hayao/J or something like that ^_^
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 28 2008 09:27 GMT
#236
I thought J retired, or is he still dabbling around? I guess he was already 'retired' last year but was playing in qualifiers anyways.

I think Ume is like... working at a mahjong parlor and doesn't play anymore? He'll prolly be in ST though.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
April 28 2008 16:07 GMT
#237
GJ Bill. The videos are nice because I'm still trying to learn stuff and I'm pretty inexperienced in fighting games in general
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-28 19:39:17
April 28 2008 19:34 GMT
#238
TY. You might want to take a look at SRK's Arcana Heart topic, specifically the posts from page 241 onwards, where lots of people new to AH started asking a lot of questions. You might be able to find a bunch of info on whichever character(s) you're trying to learn.

By the way, I've been playing fighting games for only 16 months now, starting with Third Strike in January 2007. So don't feel discouraged: imo fighting games are a lot easier to learn than StarCraft. Possibly their best and worst attribute is that you need to have competition in your local geographic area. On one hand, you might never play some of the people you meet on forums (or play them only once or twice a year at big events). On the other hand, when you play in-person with a bunch of friends or in a larger group, the atmosphere and social aspect make it sooo much more fun than any online game of SC.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 28 2008 22:03 GMT
#239
so I'm not 100% about the details of this...

but apparently 3s has L-cancelling (land-cancel) -___-
some moves are L-cancellable and some aren't.

Source: Boss/MOV
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 28 2008 23:46 GMT
#240
I thought "L-cancel" meant "lag-cancel"? Guess we'll need to ask Zapling about that.

Anyway... I've always been a little unclear about the details of how landing in 3s works after you do a move in the air, or when you do a move on the way down. Even after reading the topic about it on SRK. :S

Once you find more details, I'd definitely like to see them!
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 278
TKL 231
CranKy Ducklings120
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko496
TKL 231
ProTech120
Rex 103
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60117
Free 2334
Horang2 311
firebathero 224
Zeus 176
Last 103
Hyun 90
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 75
910 42
[ Show more ]
soO 28
Aegong 22
Trap 22
Rock 17
Yoon 15
scan(afreeca) 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6453
Dendi903
XaKoH 469
canceldota64
Counter-Strike
fl0m86
Other Games
gofns34431
singsing2319
B2W.Neo464
byalli419
Pyrionflax316
Mlord241
Beastyqt205
ToD180
DeMusliM115
Liquid`VortiX77
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1623
League of Legends
• Jankos2845
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 20m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.