• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7750 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 21 2008 04:44 GMT
#201
On April 21 2008 13:06 crazie-penguin wrote:
Here are some GGXX:AC youtube channels videos. ITS A LOT. So maybe you can put these links on the front page Bill.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ctfc23
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=FourAreFive
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xDragonInstallx


Done. By the way, you guys need to post some awesome GGXX:AC matches for me to put in the first post.
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-21 05:09:01
April 21 2008 05:08 GMT
#202
This is Slash, but it was an awesome 3on3 between 3 Dizzies and 3 Testaments. Its 9 minutes long.
+ Show Spoiler +


Unknown(DI) vs Unknown(MI) (its Accent Core btw)
+ Show Spoiler +


Makoto (Dizzy) vs. Mokichi (Zappa)
+ Show Spoiler +


And yes I love Dizzy :D
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 21 2008 19:10 GMT
#203
Cool. I'll check those out later when I'm less busy.

Man, AH2 has some great music: I'm listening to some of the songs now while I work/study ^_^. Here are my favourites so far:

L.G.A Force - Everyone's favourite AH2 song . Guilty Gear music fans will probably enjoy it.

Charming Girl and the Beast - I linked to this song earlier. It's kind of an upbeat rock / electronic song?

Operation - I thought this song sounded somewhat weird at first, but now the melody has me hooked .
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
April 21 2008 19:24 GMT
#204
Oh man. I've been out of the fighting scene for longer than I should have. I did lol at the fact people are still talking about Daigo. Who are the big names in 3S now?
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-21 20:15:58
April 21 2008 20:15 GMT
#205
On April 22 2008 04:24 H_ wrote:
Oh man. I've been out of the fighting scene for longer than I should have. I did lol at the fact people are still talking about Daigo. Who are the big names in 3S now?

Here's a brief update:

- Kuroda is the best overall (i.e. multi-character) player in Japan, hands down. He started using other characters besides Q and I believe he now has the best Q, Ken, Yun, Urien, and Hugo, at the least. He just qualified for SBO '08 with Akuma. Also, he refuses to use Chun Li . (And according to people on SRK, he's a prick IRL. )

- KO was the 2nd-best overall earlier. I think he still is now, but I'm not sure. His main char is now Yang.

- Boss is apparently very good with Makoto, Yun, and Chun Li.

- Sugiyama (Necro), RX (Urien), and Roshihikari (Yang) got 2nd place in last year's SBO, after Shiroitachi (Makoto) beat RX and then Roshi . So we ALMOST had a winning team without any top-tiers. This was mainly due to RX playing insanely good throughout the event.

- Nuki, MOV, and Rikimaru are the big Chun Li names. Rikimaru OCV'd a team of KO, Boss, and MOV (iirc) last SBO, the team that everyone thought was going to win. Then RX beasted Rikimaru and his team.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-21 20:48:56
April 21 2008 20:48 GMT
#206
As much as I dislike the guy, MOV is still hands down the #1 player. Iirc he reverse OCV'ed the opposing 5 man team (incl KO i think, can't find the details anymore b/c Keeper's blog is apparently private atm) in last year's cooperation cup in completely dominating fashion.


"The result... I think you can see why I've been saying MOV as the hands down #1 from over a year ago. Even then he hasn't fully shown his usual abilities. Probably about 70%. Theoretically the ultimate is Kuroda living inside MOV's brain, but that's another story." -- Mester
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-21 21:16:44
April 21 2008 21:07 GMT
#207
In other words, neither Kuroda nor MOV is "hands down" the best player?

Edit: oh wait, nm, I just looked up the meaning of "hands down": apparently it means "easily", whereas I thought it meant "unanimously" .

Edit 2: don't forget that MOV is using the best character in the game. Maybe he is better in terms of winning, but in terms of overall skill, I'd have to go with Kuroda over MOV. Ideally, we'd get to see Kuroda using Chun Li, which he refuses to do.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 21 2008 21:17 GMT
#208
I think the latter part of his quote means that kuroda's mental aspects are stronger than MOV's, but despite this fact, MOV is still the most dominating player currently. (how much of this has to do with their respective character selections, who knows)

The word Mester used was 一強, which literally means "one strong" or something like that. For instance the trio of ken chun yun are called 三強 (three strong or w/e). At least to Mester, MOV stands above all others.
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
April 21 2008 21:40 GMT
#209
L.G.A Force is a sexy song!!
Twitter: @KingKosi
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-21 22:47:58
April 21 2008 22:47 GMT
#210
God-damn this mouse! So I'm working on a LaTeX document (just a text file that gets parsed into a nice-looking PS or PDF), and using this mouse's scroll wheel to scroll up and down through the text. Turns out:
1. When you click the mouse wheel, it acts like a Paste command.
2. It's very easy to accidentally click the mouse wheel while scrolling with it.

The end result: this is what almost ended up in my project report:

+ Show Spoiler [img] +

[image loading]

H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-21 23:11:30
April 21 2008 23:09 GMT
#211
On April 22 2008 07:47 Bill307 wrote:

The end result: this is what almost ended up in my project report:

+ Show Spoiler [img] +

[image loading]



HAHAHA. Thanks for the update guys. It's scary how the game continues to evolve even now. Have the GGXX AC tiers shifted around much? I don't suppose they have with the volume of players.

Also, Nuki being a top Chun Li player doesn't surprise me. He has always been a beast. I heard a lot about Rikimaru on SRK when I used to go there as well. I don't know much about MOV, but I remember Kuroda for sure. He played an INSANE Q.
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 21 2008 23:11 GMT
#212
lol bill that woulda been great

so tokido isn't considered a top chun-li player then?
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
April 21 2008 23:59 GMT
#213
I think Tokido's up there, too (but I would put him below Nuki/MOV/Rikimaru). Someone on SRK recently posted a list of top players for some of the characters, but I'm not confident in the accuracy of the list =/. If you're interested, it can be found here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=150007
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-22 01:54:58
April 22 2008 01:51 GMT
#214
Wow. I seriously need to stop using this scroll wheel. The TAs probably would've thought I was some kind of psycho if they'd seen this in my report...

+ Show Spoiler [img] +

[image loading]



I don't even know how that got into my clipboard. I guess I selected some text in Firefox and it was automatically copied, or something.

The text came from this Slashdot post, by the way. (It's about how some kids with a laser pointer almost killed him and his family. )
http://news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=528966&cid=23139800


Edit: Okay, I've figured out what's going on. The retarded Linux driver or config for this mouse will copy whatever text I last-selected into its own little clipboard, then paste this text whenever I click the mouse scroll wheel. Worst part is, I have no clue where to change this behaviour. -_-;;
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 22 2008 04:07 GMT
#215
hm interesting
i forgot that haji hated MOV so much haha, but watching the video of him getting interviewed reminded me
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 22 2008 10:39 GMT
#216
On April 22 2008 08:59 Bill307 wrote:
I think Tokido's up there, too (but I would put him below Nuki/MOV/Rikimaru). Someone on SRK recently posted a list of top players for some of the characters, but I'm not confident in the accuracy of the list =/. If you're interested, it can be found here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=150007



Tokido > Rikimaru head to head from what I remember. His Chun-li mirror is amazingly good. I'm really doubtful that Nuki is anywhere near the form he was in around 2006. In SBO 07 he said outright that he was there in a team of friends to just have fun and hadn't really grinded through practicing, etc.

Also MOV's proficiency fluctuates immensely depending on what time of year it is, since he only trains pre-tournaments and pretty much sucks otherwise, whereas Tokido has been amazingly steady year round.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-04-22 11:42:32
April 22 2008 11:40 GMT
#217
Ah I see. That's interesting: I didn't know any of that o.O .

(Kind of wish you were a fan of AH too, so that I could find out the inside scoop on the players for that game as well... <_<;; )

(Finished report at 7:30 am, wheeee. Hopefully there aren't any more random bits of text in it, since I'm way too tired to proofread it at this point. )

(Guilty Gear makes no sense to me at 7:30 in the morning, lol.)
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 22 2008 12:11 GMT
#218
aren't there pple who can read japanese sites (blogs etc) on SRK? I was assuming they'd be translating stuff for AH etc.

Yea I'm not big on the lineage of Eternal Fighter Zero --> Melty Blood -> Arcana Heart type games, although I did screw around with EFZ with friends on the PC like 4 years ago. It was fun but... I couldn't imagine grinding at it.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
April 22 2008 14:13 GMT
#219
haji omg <3

anyway... I've been watching the old 2002 USA vs JPN 3s 5v5 (The one where Tokido completely owns the hell out of Wong)

Kiroth has it on youtube.

Oh and Bill, Last I checked, Boss' main was Yang but despite that, he was the one who discovered that makoto 100% stun combos with the kara-dp, naturally his makoto would be the bomb <3

Of course that's just IIRC, boss uses anyone insanely well. KO plays makoto and dudley well too but his makoto is more fun to watch giventhe fact that he plays Makoto SA III and has titanium balls (Activate while enemy is in Genei-jin) =p

If I have time, I'll search for that KO (Mak) vs Ruu vid if it hasn't been posted yet =p
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 22 2008 18:48 GMT
#220
KO vs Ruu is in the other (previous) thread for sure.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 268
TKL 202
CranKy Ducklings81
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Reynor vs herOLIVE!
RotterdaM1062
IndyStarCraft 177
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1062
Lowko447
TKL 202
IndyStarCraft 177
Rex 94
MindelVK 14
ProTech10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62647
Free 3087
Jaedong 2104
BeSt 725
Horang2 340
Soma 309
Zeus 203
firebathero 195
Last 160
Hyun 126
[ Show more ]
sorry 123
Mind 93
Pusan 76
ToSsGirL 30
soO 26
Aegong 23
Yoon 23
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7058
Dendi716
XaKoH 421
canceldota60
Other Games
gofns33305
singsing2252
B2W.Neo438
byalli370
Pyrionflax293
ToD213
DeMusliM97
QueenE49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1458
• WagamamaTV440
League of Legends
• Jankos3090
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 11m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.