• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:08
CEST 01:08
KST 08:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8555 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 861

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 859 860 861 862 863 1664 Next
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
April 27 2010 18:23 GMT
#17201
I'm going to have to agree with Poke. Raging like that isn't snapping people back to reality. It's being immature. I find most people are actually pretty open to orders especially if you're the team captain or a leader role anyway. Do you really want to be "that guy" from the Onyxia wipe video? Because in the end, that's what raging sounds like.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 18:27:21
April 27 2010 18:26 GMT
#17202
On April 28 2010 03:11 MYM.Testie wrote:
You can't afford to tell them after the game because it will be lost.
You snap those mother fuckers back to reality while you're playing and get them to do their job.
If you're doing your job, they better fucking be doing theirs.


So what? Losing one game isn't a big deal, especially if it's a pubbie that no one gives a shit about. You can help people in a productive manner during the game if it's an urgent issue.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
April 27 2010 18:30 GMT
#17203
On April 28 2010 03:23 KissBlade wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with Poke. Raging like that isn't snapping people back to reality. It's being immature. I find most people are actually pretty open to orders especially if you're the team captain or a leader role anyway. Do you really want to be "that guy" from the Onyxia wipe video? Because in the end, that's what raging sounds like.


My rage is constructive.
It snaps you back to do your job.
I don't rage to destroy the team and just to keep calling someone bad, I call them out to do their job.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
April 27 2010 18:47 GMT
#17204
On April 28 2010 03:30 MYM.Testie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 03:23 KissBlade wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with Poke. Raging like that isn't snapping people back to reality. It's being immature. I find most people are actually pretty open to orders especially if you're the team captain or a leader role anyway. Do you really want to be "that guy" from the Onyxia wipe video? Because in the end, that's what raging sounds like.


My rage is constructive.
It snaps you back to do your job.
I don't rage to destroy the team and just to keep calling someone bad, I call them out to do their job.


Is there really no way to tell them peacefully?

Everyone go check http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=121894
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
April 27 2010 18:56 GMT
#17205
Constructive rages are fine. From the viewpoint of the ragee (lol) the mistakes are so flagrantly bad. Guy I scrim with yells because I'm making simple (to him) mistakes. Now, he could say 'next time _______' and he usually does. However it's like retreating from two lurkers with mnm for example.

Other rage is where you just blame or just vent out anger because you made a mistake. Most likely, however, is that everyone made a mistake and everyone is blaming others.
Stuck.
ltiy
Profile Joined April 2010
107 Posts
April 27 2010 18:59 GMT
#17206
East/West DotA pubbing, without at least one friend you can count on, is unbearable. You've gotta have someone who's got ya back, even if you play casually like I do.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 19:29:29
April 27 2010 19:21 GMT
#17207
On April 28 2010 02:03 floppity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 01:18 Pokebunny wrote:
On April 28 2010 01:07 Judicator wrote:
On April 28 2010 01:01 Pokebunny wrote:
Actually, does anyone wanna start a practice/pubstomp team? I'm tired of playing with retarded setups in pubs, maybe we could get a few guys playing together consistently with similar heroes/roles and try to improve and actually have proper teamplay. If we actually are dedicated we can do scrims and all the other good stuff that teams do. I dunno, I just wanna get a feel for how "real" teamplay would feel, where you are comfortable with all your allies etc.


That's all fine and dandy until you start losing and then all shit breaks lose, testie's rage isn't all that exaggerated or unwarranted.

Like I said, get 5, start scrims or higher level pugs, that's the best way to go. Otherwise you'll just do the same dumbshit that regular pubbies do just at a higher level.


Contrary to popular belief, not 100% of DotA/HoN players rage or blame their teammates when they lose. I myself rarely do it.. I honestly don't have a problem with losing games. Ideally we would be able to take our losses constructively and improve upon our mistakes.


in high level competitive games this usually doesn't happen. i think it happens at least 10x more often in tda's/pubs/hlr's etc


you obviously never been in vents of competitive players, maelk one of the chillest person you'll meet will rage, babyknight one of the coolest dudes you'll talk to will rage, ducky one of the most tolerant and patient individuals you'll see will rage. And those are the nice people, then you have the Russians (when they're not drunk out of their minds) and the Americans (most but not all).

and no, you don't do that after the games, losing because said players repeat the same mistakes over and over and over again is dumb, it doesn't improve team play it doesn't help them personally, if you don't shape up and change right there there's no reason to play the next 20 minutes expecting you to do the same dumb shit over and over and over again.

raging after games is counterproductive, as long as you have something constructive to say, then it really doesn't matter how you say it.

unless you really enjoy losing to something you saw coming from 2 minutes from the game starts in which case why do you even care who you play with?

On April 28 2010 03:23 KissBlade wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with Poke. Raging like that isn't snapping people back to reality. It's being immature. I find most people are actually pretty open to orders especially if you're the team captain or a leader role anyway. Do you really want to be "that guy" from the Onyxia wipe video? Because in the end, that's what raging sounds like.


If that's all you can hear when someone has a valid point when they rage at you, then you'll never improve.
Get it by your hands...
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 27 2010 19:30 GMT
#17208
On April 28 2010 02:03 floppity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 01:18 Pokebunny wrote:
On April 28 2010 01:07 Judicator wrote:
On April 28 2010 01:01 Pokebunny wrote:
Actually, does anyone wanna start a practice/pubstomp team? I'm tired of playing with retarded setups in pubs, maybe we could get a few guys playing together consistently with similar heroes/roles and try to improve and actually have proper teamplay. If we actually are dedicated we can do scrims and all the other good stuff that teams do. I dunno, I just wanna get a feel for how "real" teamplay would feel, where you are comfortable with all your allies etc.


That's all fine and dandy until you start losing and then all shit breaks lose, testie's rage isn't all that exaggerated or unwarranted.

Like I said, get 5, start scrims or higher level pugs, that's the best way to go. Otherwise you'll just do the same dumbshit that regular pubbies do just at a higher level.


Contrary to popular belief, not 100% of DotA/HoN players rage or blame their teammates when they lose. I myself rarely do it.. I honestly don't have a problem with losing games. Ideally we would be able to take our losses constructively and improve upon our mistakes.


in high level competitive games this usually doesn't happen. i think it happens at least 10x more often in tda's/pubs/hlr's etc

it happens more often than you think. judicator hasn't mentioned misery rage... you don't need to play with misery to know it. i haven't seen a lot of asian rage though, maybe its their mentality. then again i wish more people had asian mentalities to dota etc.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 19:37:02
April 27 2010 19:35 GMT
#17209
On April 28 2010 04:30 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 02:03 floppity wrote:
On April 28 2010 01:18 Pokebunny wrote:
On April 28 2010 01:07 Judicator wrote:
On April 28 2010 01:01 Pokebunny wrote:
Actually, does anyone wanna start a practice/pubstomp team? I'm tired of playing with retarded setups in pubs, maybe we could get a few guys playing together consistently with similar heroes/roles and try to improve and actually have proper teamplay. If we actually are dedicated we can do scrims and all the other good stuff that teams do. I dunno, I just wanna get a feel for how "real" teamplay would feel, where you are comfortable with all your allies etc.


That's all fine and dandy until you start losing and then all shit breaks lose, testie's rage isn't all that exaggerated or unwarranted.

Like I said, get 5, start scrims or higher level pugs, that's the best way to go. Otherwise you'll just do the same dumbshit that regular pubbies do just at a higher level.


Contrary to popular belief, not 100% of DotA/HoN players rage or blame their teammates when they lose. I myself rarely do it.. I honestly don't have a problem with losing games. Ideally we would be able to take our losses constructively and improve upon our mistakes.


in high level competitive games this usually doesn't happen. i think it happens at least 10x more often in tda's/pubs/hlr's etc

it happens more often than you think. judicator hasn't mentioned misery rage... you don't need to play with misery to know it. i haven't seen a lot of asian rage though, maybe its their mentality. then again i wish more people had asian mentalities to dota etc.


Misery rage is hilarious, I heard him on IDEC vent once, him and Dendi were going at it and it was just pure gold listening to Euros with broken English flame each other. Kebap is only one I know that takes it too far. Ducky's rage is just pure comedy, he's so passive with it but you can tell he's pissed off, "zzz why do I have to gank with no stuns?".

Basically it's this, whenever a top player says (with about 1-2 exceptions) that DotA needs clean up the raging and flaming, they can start with themselves before even thinking of others.
Get it by your hands...
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
April 27 2010 19:36 GMT
#17210
On April 28 2010 01:01 Pokebunny wrote:
Actually, does anyone wanna start a practice/pubstomp team? I'm tired of playing with retarded setups in pubs, maybe we could get a few guys playing together consistently with similar heroes/roles and try to improve and actually have proper teamplay. If we actually are dedicated we can do scrims and all the other good stuff that teams do. I dunno, I just wanna get a feel for how "real" teamplay would feel, where you are comfortable with all your allies etc.

Sure, I dont think anyone has actually seen me rage, since im the one that gets raged at, but w/e, i'll be the first to admit that i am bad, nothing to deny there, I am constantly trying to improve, but there hasnt been much opportunities for me to do that, this seems like a fine opportunity. I would llove to play with the other guys, but i just think im not good enough most of the times, dont wanna let people down, so i guess i gotta take a different approach.
Power of Ze
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
April 27 2010 19:46 GMT
#17211
Actually, on our team there is very little to no rage for the most part. And the ones we play with from Dota, H4nn1 and Levent are quite calm. We're all mature enough to know who fucked up and what happened and why. H4nn1` especially is really just an amazing guy who everyone should look up to in the case of how to conduct oneself.

I however, will say, "ok, here I was raping face, and it's 9 minutes in and 2 people were at bottom rune when I went for it. Why could I not see them?"
Translation: Do your fucking job, why the fuck am I dying because you can't do your job.
Get the wards down there. When I play support the map is bathed in sunlight.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
April 27 2010 19:54 GMT
#17212
On April 28 2010 04:46 MYM.Testie wrote:
Actually, on our team there is very little to no rage for the most part. And the ones we play with from Dota, H4nn1 and Levent are quite calm. We're all mature enough to know who fucked up and what happened and why. H4nn1` especially is really just an amazing guy who everyone should look up to in the case of how to conduct oneself.

I however, will say, "ok, here I was raping face, and it's 9 minutes in and 2 people were at bottom rune when I went for it. Why could I not see them?"
Translation: Do your fucking job, why the fuck am I dying because you can't do your job.
Get the wards down there. When I play support the map is bathed in sunlight.


That's because you know that shit will get done before the next time around. Some supporters on the other hand...
Get it by your hands...
Etherone
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1898 Posts
April 27 2010 19:58 GMT
#17213
On April 28 2010 03:11 MYM.Testie wrote:
You can't afford to tell them after the game because it will be lost.
You snap those mother fuckers back to reality while you're playing and get them to do their job.
If you're doing your job, they better fucking be doing theirs.

you forgot the caps
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
April 27 2010 20:18 GMT
#17214
On April 28 2010 04:46 MYM.Testie wrote:
Actually, on our team there is very little to no rage for the most part. And the ones we play with from Dota, H4nn1 and Levent are quite calm. We're all mature enough to know who fucked up and what happened and why. H4nn1` especially is really just an amazing guy who everyone should look up to in the case of how to conduct oneself.

I however, will say, "ok, here I was raping face, and it's 9 minutes in and 2 people were at bottom rune when I went for it. Why could I not see them?"
Translation: Do your fucking job, why the fuck am I dying because you can't do your job.
Get the wards down there. When I play support the map is bathed in sunlight.


That's totally understandable, and I'm actually relieved to know that people are mature at the top of the pyramid.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
April 27 2010 20:21 GMT
#17215
Hmmm... our team is kind of an exception in that regard. A lot of teams disband and reform. Especially European teams it seems.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
April 27 2010 20:21 GMT
#17216
On April 28 2010 05:18 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 04:46 MYM.Testie wrote:
Actually, on our team there is very little to no rage for the most part. And the ones we play with from Dota, H4nn1 and Levent are quite calm. We're all mature enough to know who fucked up and what happened and why. H4nn1` especially is really just an amazing guy who everyone should look up to in the case of how to conduct oneself.

I however, will say, "ok, here I was raping face, and it's 9 minutes in and 2 people were at bottom rune when I went for it. Why could I not see them?"
Translation: Do your fucking job, why the fuck am I dying because you can't do your job.
Get the wards down there. When I play support the map is bathed in sunlight.


That's totally understandable, and I'm actually relieved to know that people are mature at the top of the pyramid.


Playing with teammates != playing with pugs, regardless of level.
Get it by your hands...
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-27 20:43:03
April 27 2010 20:24 GMT
#17217
Actually my point is moot.
Stuck.
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
April 27 2010 20:49 GMT
#17218
So if I get on the teamliquid channel will I find people who are willing to play with bad players like me?
I can already see the ending
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 27 2010 21:03 GMT
#17219
On April 28 2010 04:58 Etherone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 03:11 MYM.Testie wrote:
YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO TELL THEM AFTER THE GAME BECAUSE IT WILL BE LOST.
YOU SNAP THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS BACK TO REALITY WHILE YOU'RE PLAYING AND GET THEM TO DO THEIR JOB.
IF YOU'RE DOING YOUR JOB, THEY BETTER FUCKING BE DOING THEIRS.

you forgot the caps

fixed, doesn't it seem so much better?
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
April 27 2010 21:07 GMT
#17220
On April 28 2010 06:03 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2010 04:58 Etherone wrote:
On April 28 2010 03:11 MYM.Testie wrote:
YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO TELL THEM AFTER THE GAME BECAUSE IT WILL BE LOST.
YOU SNAP THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS BACK TO REALITY WHILE YOU'RE PLAYING AND GET THEM TO DO THEIR JOB.
IF YOU'RE DOING YOUR JOB, THEY BETTER FUCKING BE DOING THEIRS.

you forgot the caps

fixed, doesn't it seem so much better?


excellent work rabidch
Hates Fun🤔
Prev 1 859 860 861 862 863 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 149
SteadfastSC 61
CosmosSc2 31
SpeCial 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 532
910 57
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm85
League of Legends
Doublelift2953
Super Smash Bros
PPMD90
Other Games
summit1g9428
Grubby2849
shahzam630
C9.Mang0288
PiGStarcraft141
Maynarde96
Liquid`Ken9
Vindicta4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick366
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• musti20045 43
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP14
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21462
Other Games
• imaqtpie744
• Shiphtur245
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 52m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 52m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.