• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:48
CEST 04:48
KST 11:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6846 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 1381

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1664 Next
Ganfei2
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
473 Posts
July 09 2011 18:38 GMT
#27601
Behe is usually played as a roaming type hero so you don't have opportunity to sit in lane and farm a mana ring. Generally you get a couple mana pots to start and you get striders and a bottle and camp runes all during laning phase and gank all over, then move to saving for your pk afterwards with hopefully a decent amount in the bank from assists.

If you are sitting in lane in a 2 2 1 situation and not really moving, chalice is better than otherwise.

Chalice/bottle/power supply optional.
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
July 09 2011 18:42 GMT
#27602
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Ganfei2
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
473 Posts
July 09 2011 18:46 GMT
#27603
Uh there is a big risk/inconvenience to sending out courier in late game when everyone has lots of farm and you're being pushed
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 09 2011 18:47 GMT
#27604
On July 09 2011 23:11 GhostKorean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 20:16 rabidch wrote:
On July 09 2011 18:53 GhostKorean wrote:
I assumed breaky played on another account so people wouldn't bother him

What exacty does the secret shop do aside from delaying some item for a minute? No idiot is going to get their flying courier killed while buying something

You've obviously never watched FTD vs KS.

Also it's one of those areas you can easily lose the game against at least psuedo push lineup if the long or mid lane gets pushed (short/mid lane tower positions, how far away depends on how long game is and of course, lineups) and you lose a team fight there, I've seen this sometimes and it's a huge, huge blunder to do. Secret shop just adds another layer of interesting to get more expensive items.

Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 20:27 stanley_ wrote:
lol nvm but secret shops are awesome, wait there with an invis rune

Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 20:35 Nevuk wrote:
Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.

I think it was a fair change though, as they nerfed turtling in a lot of different ways (widened ramps, etc.)

Flying courier????
Rabidch your point has nothing to do with the actual shop but rather the position of the shop on the map

u r a geniouss
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 09 2011 18:47 GMT
#27605
I hate chalice. I follow this guide a lot: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=211500

But everything seems outdated (he suggests chalice for every int hero). I don't like chalice because either 1. I don't have the HP to lose 150 and 2. I never get my hp back when a kill comes my way (timer always runs out QQ)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 22:05:21
July 09 2011 18:56 GMT
#27606
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
July 09 2011 19:21 GMT
#27607
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.

=p Send it over when you push out or defend the long lane if you want to be super safe.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 09 2011 19:26 GMT
#27608
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.
Get it by your hands...
Ganfei2
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
473 Posts
July 09 2011 19:39 GMT
#27609
No need to ferry mana pots especially to tie up courier early game

2 mana pots with health pot 1 tango 2 totems or just 4 mana pots if you suck at fissuring is more than enough
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 20:36:56
July 09 2011 20:35 GMT
#27610
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
July 09 2011 21:13 GMT
#27611
On July 10 2011 05:35 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.

Fast PK helps with positing the fissures when you're bad at aiming. :D
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 22:07:07
July 09 2011 21:58 GMT
#27612
On July 10 2011 04:39 Ganfei2 wrote:
No need to ferry mana pots especially to tie up courier early game

2 mana pots with health pot 1 tango 2 totems or just 4 mana pots if you suck at fissuring is more than enough

It's because I suck at fissuring, as you well know . Anyways I basically don't really need more than 4 mana pots ever unless the game is going really poorly(at least, not in the last few months), I typically get striders and roam around and sometimes visit the well between tping for counter ganks. I really haven't ever had to use the courier for mana pots (maybe once in a game after the laning phase)

Basically it only works out because of striders, if you run all the way out of mana the base is about 15 seconds away from any lane without putting your tp on cd.

edit :
I've seen h4nni and china do it, but not really anyone else.
On July 10 2011 04:21 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.

=p Send it over when you push out or defend the long lane

The issue was that they would pseudo push without going into your base and just try to starve you out while keeping you in base and preventing your team from even farming their own jungle and lanes. 99/100 times this would mean the game is lost anyways, but there was always that 1 time when say your wildsoul has a mock but can't finish it, or X large item that is great at defending pushes.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 09 2011 22:20 GMT
#27613
On July 10 2011 05:35 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.


Again, don't know about HoN, but mana is one of the cheapest stat to afford in the game.
Get it by your hands...
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 22:31:58
July 09 2011 22:27 GMT
#27614
On July 10 2011 07:20 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 05:35 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.


Again, don't know about HoN, but mana is one of the cheapest stat to afford in the game.

One point of stats is common early on, skipping a point in enrage (the second skill), which lets you fissure twice at levels 3 + 5 with an almost full mana pool. I get a power supply (wand) and go straight blink after that, it shaves about 3-4 minutes off blink over going for chalice (the most common option which needs hp regen instead of mana regen). I ocasionally see level 8 behe with 4/0/2/1/(1) , but I typically go 4/1/1/1/(1).

It's certainly true that you can get mana for cheap, but blink is expensive and you have to save up for a long time to get it, and in a team fight until you have a pk a fissure, ult, and stomp are all the mana needed about 90% of the time (and the other 10% the wand will give you enough typically). After pk I may pick up a +3 int item or so just for blink mana.

Striders are basically a free haste rune, it would be really hard to get this working without them.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 09 2011 22:44 GMT
#27615
On July 10 2011 07:20 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 05:35 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.


Again, don't know about HoN, but mana is one of the cheapest stat to afford in the game.

cheapest yes, but the rate per gold is slow and its noncombat. i prefer having pocket mana all the time for a possible 2nd iteration rather than trying to fast dagger. you think with all these free movespeed items hon gives you...
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 09 2011 23:36 GMT
#27616
On July 10 2011 07:44 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 07:20 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 05:35 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.


Again, don't know about HoN, but mana is one of the cheapest stat to afford in the game.

cheapest yes, but the rate per gold is slow and its noncombat. i prefer having pocket mana all the time for a possible 2nd iteration rather than trying to fast dagger. you think with all these free movespeed items hon gives you...


No, no that's not what I meant, how necessary your PK/BD is up to the discretion of the player. There's nothing wrong with either, but constantly streaming mana pots when any of the early game mana producing items are more monetarily efficient. You only need as much mana as long as you are alive.

Basically someone said before, you only need that much mana if you suck at landing good Fissures. Or if you're playing a defensive roaming ES.
Get it by your hands...
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 09 2011 23:44 GMT
#27617
On July 10 2011 08:36 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 07:44 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 07:20 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 05:35 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

Removal of secret shop makes turtling with a carry stronger, it used to be possible for you to push up outside their rax and if you couldn't push in just ward around the shop and prevent them from ever getting their 2500 gold items, rendering their farm effectively useless. Granted it rarely happened but it was definitely a factor in a fair amount of games.


When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.


Again, don't know about HoN, but mana is one of the cheapest stat to afford in the game.

cheapest yes, but the rate per gold is slow and its noncombat. i prefer having pocket mana all the time for a possible 2nd iteration rather than trying to fast dagger. you think with all these free movespeed items hon gives you...


No, no that's not what I meant, how necessary your PK/BD is up to the discretion of the player. There's nothing wrong with either, but constantly streaming mana pots when any of the early game mana producing items are more monetarily efficient. You only need as much mana as long as you are alive.

Basically someone said before, you only need that much mana if you suck at landing good Fissures. Or if you're playing a defensive roaming ES.

well yes, streaming mana pots is dumb, dumber than pinoy crowing. i guess im talking about going into mid game ES
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 23:48:04
July 09 2011 23:47 GMT
#27618
On July 10 2011 08:44 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 08:36 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 07:44 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 07:20 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 05:35 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
On July 09 2011 21:03 wonderwall wrote:

[quote]

When did that ever occur? With winged courier speed and invulnerability that seems incredibly unlikely.

Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.


Again, don't know about HoN, but mana is one of the cheapest stat to afford in the game.

cheapest yes, but the rate per gold is slow and its noncombat. i prefer having pocket mana all the time for a possible 2nd iteration rather than trying to fast dagger. you think with all these free movespeed items hon gives you...


No, no that's not what I meant, how necessary your PK/BD is up to the discretion of the player. There's nothing wrong with either, but constantly streaming mana pots when any of the early game mana producing items are more monetarily efficient. You only need as much mana as long as you are alive.

Basically someone said before, you only need that much mana if you suck at landing good Fissures. Or if you're playing a defensive roaming ES.

well yes, streaming mana pots is dumb, dumber than pinoy crowing. i guess im talking about going into mid game ES

what is ... pinoy crowing?

and I misspoke, I don't constantly stream mana pots, just start with several.
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 23:53:12
July 09 2011 23:51 GMT
#27619
On July 10 2011 08:47 Nevuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 08:44 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 08:36 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 07:44 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 07:20 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 05:35 rabidch wrote:
On July 10 2011 04:26 Judicator wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:56 Nevuk wrote:
On July 10 2011 03:42 Jayme wrote:
On July 09 2011 23:34 Alur wrote:
[quote]
Disregarding the risk associated with sending out courier with no map control, you still have to account for travel time. Meaning if you can afford a crucial item just as your opponents are killing your rax - you're in trouble. In addition to that I just found courier usage at those stages akward, especially in tense situations.


There is really no risk to sending out the courier because you could just send it in the tree line until you got to the shop, used invuln, got your thing and gtfo.

I just found the secret shop a massive inconvenience.

Not when you can put down a ward that covers the entrance to the secret shop on both sides by air (although legion's is really hard and involves a very small pixel count placement), and when all heroes hit for hard enouhg to kill the courier in 1 hit.

And when I play behemoth I buy 4-6 mana pots and bird the courier, then just keep flying mana pots to pretty much keep up at all times while roaming. (I saw china do this first and just copied it). He doesn't need to farm after he gets pk so I don't really see the point in mana regen on him.


I don't know about HoN, but if I saw an ES do that in DotA, it's a massive sign of not knowing what the fuck they're doing. 2 Mana Pots should carry you over to your first item and if not, you're not going to need any mana regen.

HoN players seem to like fast PK. I don't think it's as useful without imba ult and mana is strained for a little bit after you get it and when you're getting it, so there is a very visible downside to it.


Again, don't know about HoN, but mana is one of the cheapest stat to afford in the game.

cheapest yes, but the rate per gold is slow and its noncombat. i prefer having pocket mana all the time for a possible 2nd iteration rather than trying to fast dagger. you think with all these free movespeed items hon gives you...


No, no that's not what I meant, how necessary your PK/BD is up to the discretion of the player. There's nothing wrong with either, but constantly streaming mana pots when any of the early game mana producing items are more monetarily efficient. You only need as much mana as long as you are alive.

Basically someone said before, you only need that much mana if you suck at landing good Fissures. Or if you're playing a defensive roaming ES.

well yes, streaming mana pots is dumb, dumber than pinoy crowing. i guess im talking about going into mid game ES

what is ... pinoy crowing?

and I misspoke, I don't constantly stream mana pots, just start with several.



From the connotation of it

I can only assume it's where you have multiple crows bottle ferrying.

Edit: probably on heroes that don't even need it at all.
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
July 10 2011 00:01 GMT
#27620
"bottle crowing" is sending the bottle back and forth between the fountain to fill it
so "pinoy bottle crowing" is probably sending the bottle back and forth between the fountain to fill it, except executed very poorly

as a side note chalice sucks and there's pretty much never any reason to ever get it over a bottle unless you already have a bottle
Prev 1 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17802
Rain 1565
GuemChi 716
NaDa 23
Bale 19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever476
NeuroSwarm201
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7064
taco 560
minikerr46
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1128
Mew2King98
Other Games
WinterStarcraft567
JimRising 565
C9.Mang0189
ViBE131
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick990
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 179
• davetesta36
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt297
• Lourlo151
Other Games
• Scarra959
• Shiphtur581
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 12m
INu's Battles
8h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 12m
OSC
19h 27m
Replay Cast
20h 12m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.