• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:51
CEST 04:51
KST 11:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9001 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 1235

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1664 Next
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
April 05 2011 14:02 GMT
#24681
On April 05 2011 12:58 Ym1r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 10:39 Dacendoran wrote:
On April 05 2011 09:44 deconduo wrote:
On April 05 2011 09:35 Dacendoran wrote:
Any way to download no stats replays t.t?
I arrowed an invis scout after he was invis for a good 15+ seconds and would love to get the replay, the match id was match id:35111504 for anyone that can help


http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=35111504

This is my 5th game ever as valk, haha watch the replay at 16:40 (replay timer) on scouts POV the camera following him (the point after he tries to ult arach at bottom)

On April 05 2011 10:30 Manit0u wrote:
On April 05 2011 10:24 Dacendoran wrote:
Testie I'm watching game 3 of SK vs DM your most recent games and panda is skilling so weird, could you elaborate as to why x.x
he goes w e w e w q. I dont get it, maybe someone else could help me understand


Flick is easier to pull off early on, and it's a great tool for positioning/setting up a kill.
Cannonball is there as a follow up move to flick, escape mechanism and teamfights.
Q (whatever it's called) is used for easier creepwave cleanup/lasthits/extra range, extra damage and, later on, disruption (by splitting teams for example, don't remember if it also stops TP).

Hope it helps.


Yes but leveling up flick doesnt really add much benefit this early on as far as I can tell, it just lowers the cooldown (I think) and the amount of armor reduced. I guess maybe it was for bursty killing from the cannonball? But no ult at 6, maybe he didnt have enough mana

Edit:No ult at 7 O.O MoM and BKB what teh eff


flick gives more movement slow, and I think it throws the target further back (per level), it allows for an easier kill than flurry does early game, most of the time anyway.


More slow, more armour reduction and reduced cooldown per level to be precise.
It's also relatively cheap, has practically no drawbacks (like Flurry and Cannonball do) and is one of the best ways to set up a kill early game, both for initiation and chasing purposes.
All in all, it's the most versatile of his skills.

No ult at 7 is pretty ok too, since it's low range, long cooldown and channeling, it's hard to pull off early on, especially in a trilane.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
[TYG]Transcend
Profile Joined March 2008
679 Posts
April 05 2011 17:34 GMT
#24682
On April 05 2011 22:50 ahswtini wrote:
Really hope DotA 2 won't bomb epicly


IT.
WILL.
NOT.
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
April 05 2011 17:45 GMT
#24683
On April 05 2011 22:39 [TYG]Transcend wrote:
The only people that play now are myself, LaikOmg, Tundie, and Shinbi.



This is filled with such lies.
buckbo1604
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada186 Posts
April 05 2011 22:01 GMT
#24684
Sk vs MSI GAME 2 HONCAST
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
April 05 2011 22:04 GMT
#24685
On April 06 2011 07:01 buckbo1604 wrote:
Sk vs MSI GAME 2 HONCAST

Wow! I am acquainted with a member of the SK team! Testie is quite the hero.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
April 05 2011 22:20 GMT
#24686
We really need a new genre name for games like DotA and HoN other than the ridiculous MOBA tag that's gaining popularity. Most games are obviously mutliplayer, online, and have some sort of battling (extreme redundancy), and these games aren't even in an arena (doesn't make any sense).

RTSRPG? RPRTS?
HERO-LANE? (lol)
Hates Fun🤔
[TYG]Transcend
Profile Joined March 2008
679 Posts
April 05 2011 22:38 GMT
#24687
On April 06 2011 07:20 paper wrote:
We really need a new genre name for games like DotA and HoN other than the ridiculous MOBA tag that's gaining popularity. Most games are obviously mutliplayer, online, and have some sort of battling (extreme redundancy), and these games aren't even in an arena (doesn't make any sense).

RTSRPG? RPRTS?
HERO-LANE? (lol)


I don't see why we can't just call it RTS? I mean, we can't build anything, but we "micromanage" troop(s).

If not RTS I'd say DotA-esque. AND NO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE. HON IS DOTA-ESQUE. LOL IS DOTA-ESQUE. DOTA2 will just be DotA2 come on, OR WELL FINE, DOTA-ESQUE.

Ahhh...
But I'd choose HERO-LANE out of the 3 you mentioned obv.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 05 2011 22:51 GMT
#24688
On April 06 2011 07:38 [TYG]Transcend wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2011 07:20 paper wrote:
We really need a new genre name for games like DotA and HoN other than the ridiculous MOBA tag that's gaining popularity. Most games are obviously mutliplayer, online, and have some sort of battling (extreme redundancy), and these games aren't even in an arena (doesn't make any sense).

RTSRPG? RPRTS?
HERO-LANE? (lol)


I don't see why we can't just call it RTS? I mean, we can't build anything, but we "micromanage" troop(s).

If not RTS I'd say DotA-esque. AND NO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE. HON IS DOTA-ESQUE. LOL IS DOTA-ESQUE. DOTA2 will just be DotA2 come on, OR WELL FINE, DOTA-ESQUE.

Ahhh...
But I'd choose HERO-LANE out of the 3 you mentioned obv.

stfu tygs-klazart
RTS is called RTS to distinguish it from turn base Strategy games and the like that dominated strategy games in those days, and the name isnt really that specific anyway

Team Unit Strategy or something similar would work because it distinguishes from the original wc3 rts in that it is 1. team based 2. singular unit control based 3. fuck everything is strategy but it refers to its roots (rts games like wc3 and sc)

and its easy to say invisible protus sniper
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
[TYG]Transcend
Profile Joined March 2008
679 Posts
April 05 2011 23:03 GMT
#24689
On April 06 2011 07:51 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2011 07:38 [TYG]Transcend wrote:
On April 06 2011 07:20 paper wrote:
We really need a new genre name for games like DotA and HoN other than the ridiculous MOBA tag that's gaining popularity. Most games are obviously mutliplayer, online, and have some sort of battling (extreme redundancy), and these games aren't even in an arena (doesn't make any sense).

RTSRPG? RPRTS?
HERO-LANE? (lol)


I don't see why we can't just call it RTS? I mean, we can't build anything, but we "micromanage" troop(s).

If not RTS I'd say DotA-esque. AND NO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE. HON IS DOTA-ESQUE. LOL IS DOTA-ESQUE. DOTA2 will just be DotA2 come on, OR WELL FINE, DOTA-ESQUE.

Ahhh...
But I'd choose HERO-LANE out of the 3 you mentioned obv.

stfu tygs-klazart
RTS is called RTS to distinguish it from turn base Strategy games and the like that dominated strategy games in those days, and the name isnt really that specific anyway

Team Unit Strategy or something similar would work because it distinguishes from the original wc3 rts in that it is 1. team based 2. singular unit control based 3. fuck everything is strategy but it refers to its roots (rts games like wc3 and sc)

and its easy to say invisible protus sniper


If there is no inhaus tonight I will be disappoint.
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
April 05 2011 23:06 GMT
#24690
On April 06 2011 07:51 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2011 07:38 [TYG]Transcend wrote:
On April 06 2011 07:20 paper wrote:
We really need a new genre name for games like DotA and HoN other than the ridiculous MOBA tag that's gaining popularity. Most games are obviously mutliplayer, online, and have some sort of battling (extreme redundancy), and these games aren't even in an arena (doesn't make any sense).

RTSRPG? RPRTS?
HERO-LANE? (lol)


I don't see why we can't just call it RTS? I mean, we can't build anything, but we "micromanage" troop(s).

If not RTS I'd say DotA-esque. AND NO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE. HON IS DOTA-ESQUE. LOL IS DOTA-ESQUE. DOTA2 will just be DotA2 come on, OR WELL FINE, DOTA-ESQUE.

Ahhh...
But I'd choose HERO-LANE out of the 3 you mentioned obv.

stfu tygs-klazart
RTS is called RTS to distinguish it from turn base Strategy games and the like that dominated strategy games in those days, and the name isnt really that specific anyway

Team Unit Strategy or something similar would work because it distinguishes from the original wc3 rts in that it is 1. team based 2. singular unit control based 3. fuck everything is strategy but it refers to its roots (rts games like wc3 and sc)

and its easy to say invisible protus sniper



protis
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 05 2011 23:11 GMT
#24691
On April 06 2011 08:06 Shinbi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2011 07:51 rabidch wrote:
On April 06 2011 07:38 [TYG]Transcend wrote:
On April 06 2011 07:20 paper wrote:
We really need a new genre name for games like DotA and HoN other than the ridiculous MOBA tag that's gaining popularity. Most games are obviously mutliplayer, online, and have some sort of battling (extreme redundancy), and these games aren't even in an arena (doesn't make any sense).

RTSRPG? RPRTS?
HERO-LANE? (lol)


I don't see why we can't just call it RTS? I mean, we can't build anything, but we "micromanage" troop(s).

If not RTS I'd say DotA-esque. AND NO I AM NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE. HON IS DOTA-ESQUE. LOL IS DOTA-ESQUE. DOTA2 will just be DotA2 come on, OR WELL FINE, DOTA-ESQUE.

Ahhh...
But I'd choose HERO-LANE out of the 3 you mentioned obv.

stfu tygs-klazart
RTS is called RTS to distinguish it from turn base Strategy games and the like that dominated strategy games in those days, and the name isnt really that specific anyway

Team Unit Strategy or something similar would work because it distinguishes from the original wc3 rts in that it is 1. team based 2. singular unit control based 3. fuck everything is strategy but it refers to its roots (rts games like wc3 and sc)

and its easy to say invisible protus sniper



protis

i believe you're describing something else
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
April 05 2011 23:18 GMT
#24692
Victory + Immortal... tastes so good after you go through this kind of loss streak(playing with 4 newcomers against ppl in the 1700 range):

http://stats.hon-fans.de/index.php?nick=Heen

I need suggestions for fun heroes.. Chipper is the only HoN hero I enjoy playing while being able to kill people easily
('''(G_G/'''')
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
April 05 2011 23:30 GMT
#24693
Depends on style and whatever but I love playing Magmus.

Why is chipper fun for you?
Stuck.
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
April 05 2011 23:33 GMT
#24694
like i said a long time ago
call them dota spinoffs
or dotas for short
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
April 05 2011 23:35 GMT
#24695
Gauntlet's pretty good fun to play - by the sounds of it you only want HoN heroes?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
April 05 2011 23:38 GMT
#24696
Testis won today without even playing. Sk >>>>msi!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
[TYG]Transcend
Profile Joined March 2008
679 Posts
April 05 2011 23:45 GMT
#24697
On April 06 2011 08:33 JeeJee wrote:
like i said a long time ago
call them dota spinoffs
or dotas for short


Get on Garena we should practice some lane combos.
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
April 05 2011 23:50 GMT
#24698
I like playing heroes that benefit a lot from having early momentum, which are usually mid solo heroes. Why do I like chipper? hrmm.. well he's not a dota port so it's a new challenge and the skill ceiling seems to be pretty high?

I have like 10% flint beastwood but I don't enjoy playing that hero all that much any more. I think most of the games I've played him are from banning pick mode when I was still learning heroes.

I think I'll try aluna, torturer, deadwood. How do people usually build deadwood after portal key?
('''(G_G/'''')
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-06 00:01:57
April 05 2011 23:54 GMT
#24699
On April 06 2011 08:35 ahswtini wrote:
Gauntlet's pretty good fun to play - by the sounds of it you only want HoN heroes?

Gauntlet is an interesting hero but I'd like to see a good replay of him so I can get a better idea of what he's capable of.

Also, random question:
How many times can you hit someone running straight with bombardier's ult? If he's still it hits twice, right? And I have yet to figure out why boomdust is recommended early on. I prefer maxing W right after sticky bomb by lvl 9 for ganking potential. It seems like a crappy skill in combat because of the short cast range. Am I missing something?
('''(G_G/'''')
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
April 06 2011 00:01 GMT
#24700
re: hon heroes, i'm a big fan of myrm but he's not the type of hero you're looking for. i'd experiment with deadwood and fayde if you want that snowballing-ganker type of hero

tort is quite like ts btw
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Prev 1 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings66
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
PiLiPiLi 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2734
ViBE154
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever440
NeuroSwarm217
Counter-Strike
summit1g7239
taco 595
Other Games
JimRising 582
WinterStarcraft306
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick998
BasetradeTV154
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP101
• poizon28 30
• davetesta28
• practicex 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1118
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.