• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:12
CEST 15:12
KST 22:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12266 users

[H] DotA items - Page 16

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 35 Next All
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
August 08 2007 03:28 GMT
#301
On August 08 2007 12:12 ToT)BrAiN( wrote:
i played games where i was 13-1 or 15-0 and still lost


I feel your pain.

Once I was 22-0 with Lich in a scrim with 2 rax and another base tower down and I left control and went afk because I figured we won came back and we lost the game because of one mid push through our two rax and straight to our world tree.
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
August 08 2007 04:56 GMT
#302
man I go 50-4 if necessary
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
August 09 2007 07:11 GMT
#303
On August 08 2007 13:56 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
man I go 50-4 if necessary


Replay or it didn't happen
I'll call Nada.
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
August 09 2007 13:18 GMT
#304
i didnt save it, but ill save the next one over 30 kills. unfortunately i can't play every day so you might have to wait a few days
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
August 09 2007 16:51 GMT
#305
I don't understand how you can consistently go apeshit on the other team and pull out records like that. ;o
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
August 09 2007 18:32 GMT
#306
I can do it consisntently with random pub noobs, but they would leave LONG before 50 kills on my score The maximum I had was 27-1 IIRC
I'll call Nada.
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
August 09 2007 22:46 GMT
#307
Today I went 17-0 good enough? tomorrow my next attempt. Ill pick razor or something
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
August 09 2007 22:56 GMT
#308
I got a rep of a 40bomb with pudge in a pub. I don't remember the amount of deaths but that game was definitely my best K:D ratio.

Pure kills alone I think 57 with lancer or something.... some gay agi hero...
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-10 01:32:22
August 10 2007 00:24 GMT
#309
edit: oops wrong thread xD
Hates Fun🤔
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
August 10 2007 01:39 GMT
#310
how on earth do you watch replays. it says i don't have the right maps in the download folder, but i'm 100% positive those maps are there.
[image loading]
good vibes only
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
August 10 2007 03:20 GMT
#311
well for me, anytime you go over 10 kills without dying is pretty good...i had a friend who went 38-1 with rylai...but then of course the peeps he played with weren't really up to standard, but it's still pretty hard to get over 25 kills with any hero if you think about it...best dota player i've ever come across (in terms of 1v1 on the same lane - you'd end up feeding him)...a korean bloke by the name of joo...
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Ruins
Profile Joined April 2007
141 Posts
August 10 2007 03:47 GMT
#312
On August 10 2007 10:39 Meta wrote:
how on earth do you watch replays. it says i don't have the right maps in the download folder, but i'm 100% positive those maps are there.
[image loading]


Downloads != Download
Nothing is new. We just forget the old.
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
August 10 2007 04:06 GMT
#313
It's funny how everyone makes that mistake.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Pacifist
Profile Joined October 2003
Israel1683 Posts
August 10 2007 04:40 GMT
#314
On August 07 2007 04:15 Heen wrote:
I guess a little self-promotion can't hurt I've been saving some replays ever since I got into DotA 'again.'

6.45 and 6.46b games.

Butcher 1
Butcher 2

2 x RoR --> boots --> helm --> complete HoD --> BoT --> 1) eul's 2) vanguard 3)heart
get tangos and clarity potions and tp scrolls as needed to stay in the field

Skill: rot / hook / depends (but doesn't make a big difference) / depends / hook / dismember / hook / rot / rot etc.
Remember to get flesh heap *after* you complete hood of defiance so the magic resistance stacks

Morphling

tangos/circlets/ironwoodbranches --> mass wraith bands --> BoT --> farm (don't rely on wave too much like a newb) like your life depends on it and get whatever you need (in this particular game I got hood --> butterfly --> skadi)

Skill: wave / stats / wave / stats / wave / stats / wave / stats / strike / strike / strike / strike / stats / stats / stats

Get replicate if opposing lineup makes it worthwhile (ie. Luna, Antimage)

Sniper

tangos/+stats for last hitting --> so many builds available but I went wraith band / bracer / demon edge / quarter staff / boots / finish MKB / blink dagger / BoT in this game. Observer wards help tons in mid lane too.

Skill: headshot / range / range / headshot / range / assassinate / range / headshot / headshot / fuck scattershot

Viper 1
Viper 2

tangos / +stats / wraith bands or bracers and

1) BoT --> DPS item
2) DPS item --> BoT
3) BoT --> Hood

Skill: poison sting / stats / ps / stats / ps / viper strike / ps / stats and get frenzy 12~15
You can also stack hood with corrosive skin if it's worth it, of course.

If anyone finds these helpful I'll post more :D


Hey heen, I'm trying to learn sniper. Can you post more sniper builds? Like builds for when you sucked at farming early game, and builds for when you owned at farming? TYVM.
Riding a bike is overrated.
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
August 10 2007 05:53 GMT
#315
I don't know about you guys, but I go lothar's on sniper/drow after bracers (or bands on drow because of her damage modifier).

Anyways, I have a question about overpowered heroes. I mean, bloodseeker, spiritbreaker, enchantress, geo, night stalker, etc. How do you counter that bullshit? Why does IceFrog allow such fucking bullshit to exist in his game?

Seriously, I'm so fucking sick and tired of getting ruptured and dying because I CAN'T FUCKING GO ANYWHERE OR DIE (so sit there and let him beat you to death), or because geo comes out of nowhere with his permaroot (oh that's so fucking fair).

I've gotten to the point where I'll just leave a pub if someone chooses any of that bullshit. I don't know about you guys, but I like to play fair heroes. It's a bit more rewarding when I beat someone because of my superior item choice, last hit ability, and good synergy. But hey, that's me.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Kimmural
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Canada1111 Posts
August 10 2007 06:10 GMT
#316
On August 10 2007 14:53 rpf wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I go lothar's on sniper/drow after bracers (or bands on drow because of her damage modifier).

Anyways, I have a question about overpowered heroes. I mean, bloodseeker, spiritbreaker, enchantress, geo, night stalker, etc. How do you counter that bullshit? Why does IceFrog allow such fucking bullshit to exist in his game?

Seriously, I'm so fucking sick and tired of getting ruptured and dying because I CAN'T FUCKING GO ANYWHERE OR DIE (so sit there and let him beat you to death), or because geo comes out of nowhere with his permaroot (oh that's so fucking fair).

I've gotten to the point where I'll just leave a pub if someone chooses any of that bullshit. I don't know about you guys, but I like to play fair heroes. It's a bit more rewarding when I beat someone because of my superior item choice, last hit ability, and good synergy. But hey, that's me.


With hero's like that you just need to slow down there farming early game.
On bloodseeker, get a ranged to kick his ass, or run around with 2 people. so that when you get ruptured he cant just run in at you and kick your ass without him dying.

SB is easy, go zues. Zues kicks the shit out of SB.

Enchant, you could do someone like a silencer? or a QoP

Geo, easy as shit to kill. Has fucking tiny assed amount of health. Pick pudge, hook a clone. he is dead for sure.

Night stalker. Hmm, he is a pussy for half of the game, if you have a shitty team he will hunt during the day, but if you have someone who can do anything at all on your team, he wont do shit. Pick a Luna or CM. Just focus on ganks.
Just saying "no" prevents teenage pragnancy the way "have a nice day" cues chronic depression
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-10 06:47:39
August 10 2007 06:45 GMT
#317
All these heroes you listed are good 1v1 and can't contribute much to a team battle, so you should stick together with your teammates, or have a hero capable of handling them 1v1. Of course, if your teammates feed them, then it's pretty much over, I've had games with NS, where I could just charge against 3-4 enemy heroes, kill the easiest target and run away without dying

On August 10 2007 07:46 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
Today I went 17-0 good enough? tomorrow my next attempt. Ill pick razor or something


I'm mostly curious how did they didn't lose/disconnect/whatever when you had 50 kills
I'll call Nada.
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-10 07:18:12
August 10 2007 07:16 GMT
#318
Pacifist, I will fulfill your request Will try playing sniper for a day and I'll try all kinds of builds so you can pick whichever you like.

rpf, what the hell man. You have to realize you are bad at this game, so you complaining about imba is really unauthoritative AND wrong. You are most likely playing with shitty ppl. And in low lvl games, some heroes become strong because your teammates are always dying in idiotic fashion and some great heroes become 'weak' because ppl can't play them well.

seeker: tp/stop running and stun (so he doesnt get you below 40% hp)/smart teammates in general, he's much like nightstalker; he relies on stupid opponents (no offence if you die to him often t.t)

spiritbreaker: -_- nothing close to imba hero, are you getting charged all the time without noticing? that's just your lack of awareness. He's nothing special. He sucks at farming and he's very reliant on teammates.

enchantress: strong hero but not imba. before she can get guinsoo's or eul's you can tp out. Her impetus hurts like a bitch early on but she shouldnt be getting many kills, just applying pressure and having lane control. Also she's more fragile than you may think despite her heal and ult.

geo: huh? just stomp that weakass. He's only good 1v1 so keep that in mind and focus fire.

nightstalker: tp tp tp right after he nukes you. It should be a while before he can get a basher (since basher first is a retarded build anyway) Think about where you would be going if YOU were the nightstalker. He's usually roaming around neutral creeps during night time so be careful when you jungle.

Stop being a pussy. Leave because of unfair picks? That's ridiculous. DotA may not be perfect but it's balanced enough to the point where the better team wins 99% of the time.

And score really doesn't say much about your skill. Score is way too enemy influenced in DotA. A BW player could have awesome macro against a newb but boasting about 20-0 is as vague as saying 'I MAXED OUT AND OVERRAN HIM' in BW. Shit I remember when I played US pubs years ago when dying even once was disgraceful. US pubs are THAT bad.
('''(G_G/'''')
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-10 07:25:51
August 10 2007 07:25 GMT
#319
I stopped reading that when you insulted me by saying I'm bad at this game. Hi, what do you think I made this thread for? Why do you think I'm asking questions?

Excuse me for not being a pro at the game, like you, and asking a question because I'm frustrated.

Maybe I'm just jumping on the "I don't know how to counter this hero, so it must be imba" bandwagon, or maybe it really is overpowered.

Edit: I don't actually leave because of certain picks. I'd just like to to spite certain people. Yes, I read the rest of your post. asfd
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
August 10 2007 07:33 GMT
#320
Well, it's the truth that you are bad at this game. It's different from BW, where ppl with poor mechanics who are bad at the game can have a good understanding of the game. In DotA, you need to be able to play at least decently to understand it. I'm sorry. Maybe later when you gain some insight into this game you will look back to this post and just laugh it off and realize that I wasn't launching a personal attack on you.

The heroes you've mentioned are CLEARLY not overpowered. I'm sure someone else will verify this.

Even if you're playing a chaotic pub game, leaving for that reason is
('''(G_G/'''')
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings109
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko345
SHIN 232
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41706
Bisu 2290
Shuttle 1837
Hyuk 1686
EffOrt 423
Soma 413
Larva 406
Mini 378
ZerO 301
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
Last 113
hero 93
Leta 82
Zeus 71
Pusan 58
Trap 50
Sexy 48
Hyun 48
Hm[arnc] 40
Killer 39
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 25
PianO 23
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 13
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Rock 6
Sacsri 6
Icarus 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc4496
qojqva1434
Dendi973
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor854
crisheroes686
Liquid`Hasu111
Other Games
gofns39573
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1180
Happy275
DeMusliM241
Livibee218
Mew2King93
Liquid`VortiX75
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9239
League of Legends
• Jankos1713
Other Games
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 48m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 48m
INu's Battles
22h 48m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.