• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:06
CEST 16:06
KST 23:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7685 users

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Emulated! - Page 42

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 63 Next
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
October 22 2007 19:55 GMT
#821
have you seen RX or Messatsu play? :O
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
October 22 2007 20:40 GMT
#822
could someone explain to an outsider (this is me -.-), how urien's super works? I just seem to not get it.
And all is illuminated.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
October 22 2007 23:07 GMT
#823
I've probably seen them, and not been overly impressed simply because urien players always seem to get squashed by chun li and yun players =/
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
October 22 2007 23:13 GMT
#824
From 2:20

ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-22 23:17:17
October 22 2007 23:14 GMT
#825
wha what?
I've posted this before, but you need to see it again.
edit: fucker, haji posted same video
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
October 25 2007 19:44 GMT
#826
FFA ranbat 4.4 is finally out
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1203084683381509651&hl=en
or dl it at www.denjin-video.com
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
October 26 2007 03:53 GMT
#827
I dunno which commenting is worse, the japanese that I don't understand or the english that i do ><
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
October 26 2007 04:08 GMT
#828
I wish there were more Japanese Makoto players like Sextaro. Ken Inoue is so fun to watch. Sometimes he's so random, but you've got to admit. If you're playing against Ken I, you'd be hella scared of that random Abare...
Do your best, God will do the rest.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
October 26 2007 04:27 GMT
#829
On October 23 2007 05:40 freelander wrote:
could someone explain to an outsider (this is me -.-), how urien's super works? I just seem to not get it.

Depending on the punch you use to do the special it goes to a certain position then acts like a reflector for most fireballs as well as 'shocking' opponents. Furthermore Urien can hit/combo you while the aegis reflector is already hitting you.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
October 26 2007 06:57 GMT
#830
On October 26 2007 04:44 ArC_man wrote:
FFA ranbat 4.4 is finally out
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1203084683381509651&hl=en
or dl it at www.denjin-video.com

Thanks for pointing it out!

The games were pretty good. I can think of only two memorable moments, though:
+ Show Spoiler +

1. Ed Ma coming back with no life vs Yi Kobe Bryant .

2. Adolfo's blocked poke into super vs Pyrolee's genei-jin .

I did that with Ken once to a better-than-me Yun player after knocking him down during genei-jin: low forward blocked, super. It works because low forward leaves you at -3 frame disadvantage, and during genei-jin Yun's natural instinct is to mash attacks, so he has just enough time to start attacking before the super starts up. I hope everyone at least once in their 3s careers has a moment where you're in an arcade surrounded by people going "OMFG SUPERRRRR!!", "Dude he's scared of you!", etc. out-loud beside you, as you're beating down someone who's a lot better than you and everyone else there: it's a lot of fun and a memorable experience ^_^;;.


There were also some funny quotes by Rockefeller and friends .
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
October 26 2007 07:10 GMT
#831
On October 26 2007 13:27 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2007 05:40 freelander wrote:
could someone explain to an outsider (this is me -.-), how urien's super works? I just seem to not get it.

Depending on the punch you use to do the special it goes to a certain position then acts like a reflector for most fireballs as well as 'shocking' opponents. Furthermore Urien can hit/combo you while the aegis reflector is already hitting you.

You can also do 2 punches to get an "EX" aegis, which is the one that moves upwards. Although a reflector in the air is generally less useful, the EX aegis is unique for two reasons:

1. It can hit the opponent immediately, whereas the other reflectors are harmless until they have moved into position. E.g. if you do a tackle xx aegis and your opponent parried the tackle, then normally they can throw or do a combo on you. But if you use the EX aegis, the aegis will hit them immediately before they can hit you. (well, I suppose they could super, but the aegis would hit them out of it after the 1st hit)

2. It can hit the opponent in midair even if they are in the "air recovery" animation where normal/special attacks can't hit them. I think it also hits them regardless of the juggle counter. In contrast, I believe the normal reflectors can't do either of these things. Hence if you get reset in the air and you fall into a normal reflector, you don't need to air-parry it because it won't be able to hit you until you land.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-26 15:15:24
October 26 2007 15:08 GMT
#832
okay, thanks
and one more question:
how can be urien's unblockables done?
And all is illuminated.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
October 26 2007 15:58 GMT
#833
unblockables in 3s are done by placing a hit frame on both sides of the opposing character at the same time. In most cases this is done with a projectile, in uriens case, the relector. The reflector is "behind" the enemy, and urien is in "front", and the AI cant block both directions at once if the hits are timed perfectly.

*note* this only works in the original version of the game: which corresponds to the japanese 1st generation arcade rom and the ps2 releases of the game (not sure about the xbox one).

Some other unblockables include Oro's Yagyou SA as well as Yang's SA3 using a crossover.

If you specifically want to know how to set up various urien unblockables, your best bet is to watch rx/messatsu/tokido urien videos and analyze what they do, or read some websites. i doubt there's anyone here who has an extensive knowledge of urien's tricks.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
October 28 2007 23:06 GMT
#834
i see thanks..
I mainly play guilty gear XX, and in that game this kind of unblockables don't work, because if you hold backward compared to the opponent then you block, no matter what.
You don't have to block to opposite side if something comes from your back..
In GG unblockables are done by a low and an overhead attack at the same time.
I play 3S only sometimes, I didn't know about this.. thx, it was interesting
And all is illuminated.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
October 29 2007 02:24 GMT
#835
Someone beautified the AKuma Wiki

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Akuma_(3S) nice job
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
October 29 2007 02:25 GMT
#836
Post more vids guys
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-29 02:35:44
October 29 2007 02:29 GMT
#837
On October 27 2007 00:58 thedeadhaji wrote:
unblockables in 3s are done by placing a hit frame on both sides of the opposing character at the same time. In most cases this is done with a projectile, in uriens case, the relector. The reflector is "behind" the enemy, and urien is in "front", and the AI cant block both directions at once if the hits are timed perfectly.

*note* this only works in the original version of the game: which corresponds to the japanese 1st generation arcade rom and the ps2 releases of the game (not sure about the xbox one).

Some other unblockables include Oro's Yagyou SA as well as Yang's SA3 using a crossover.

If you specifically want to know how to set up various urien unblockables, your best bet is to watch rx/messatsu/tokido urien videos and analyze what they do, or read some websites. i doubt there's anyone here who has an extensive knowledge of urien's tricks.


also

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=77831

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=137389

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=110502
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
October 29 2007 04:28 GMT
#838
On October 29 2007 11:24 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Someone beautified the AKuma Wiki

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Akuma_(3S) nice job

Wow, it looks awesome .
Arhkangel
Profile Joined August 2007
Argentina769 Posts
November 01 2007 04:42 GMT
#839
Wow I´m sorry to ask this again but I still cant get the thing working

I downloaded de cps3 emulator sfiii3.zip (64mb), sf33usa.bin (128kb) and kailleraclient.dll (32kb).

What do I do now? I created a rom folder inside de cps3 folder, i inserted de sfiii3.zip file in it (zipped) then i drag the sf33usa.bin file into the zip file (the sfiii3.zip file), then I went to the document that says ¨emulator¨ and I change the Dir1 line to Dir1=c:/cps3/rom (my rom folder is named rom not roms os that why I typed it like that), then I go to the the emulator and click load rom pick the sfiii3 rom and a window comes up saying fles are missing and loading aborted.

I guess I´m doing something wrong. I dont know where to put the kailleraclient.dll file and also do I need Nebula for it? (I downloaded Nebula wich btw I can´t get to work either) and if so where should I put the cps3 files and folders?

I even tried with Mame but that is 100x times more confusing...

Help and sorry for asking again, I think I´m just stupid (that´s why I play Terran and Ken :p)
Part Time Ninja
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 01 2007 04:51 GMT
#840
Somebody beautify the Makoto wiki please. >_<
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 82
Codebar 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63020
Bisu 2356
FanTaSy 1540
Stork 738
hero 644
Rush 496
Snow 221
firebathero 207
Mind 111
Last 107
[ Show more ]
Free 95
Sexy 76
Sharp 71
Pusan 63
Sea.KH 60
Trap 45
ToSsGirL 43
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 30
Mong 24
Aegong 21
Terrorterran 20
yabsab 17
Rock 15
HiyA 15
zelot 13
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8247
Dendi1097
Counter-Strike
byalli1291
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns40385
singsing2375
fl0m2326
Liquid`RaSZi1209
B2W.Neo613
Beastyqt517
Mlord351
Khaldor285
Happy284
Hui .214
crisheroes50
Chillindude18
KnowMe9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 301
• HeavenSC 15
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV551
League of Legends
• Nemesis3197
• Jankos3110
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1426
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
54m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 54m
OSC
8h 54m
Replay Cast
8h 54m
OSC
21h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.