• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:37
CEST 13:37
KST 20:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8161 users

[Interview] The WarCraft 3 sales pitch w/ RotterdaM - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
64 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
LuckyChoW
Profile Joined July 2018
4 Posts
February 21 2020 03:09 GMT
#21
I purchased a copy of Warcraft 3. If they wanted me to give it a chance, they maybe could've taken the time to tweak the economy so wood wasn't such a useless resource, and to add Progress Bars, Health Bars, and customizable hotkeys. I could never get the customizable hotkeys file to work for me.

Without these changes, I've stuck to Starcraft 2. I haven't requested a refund yet, but I won't be recommending this game to anyone.

Peace
iokke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1179 Posts
February 21 2020 04:33 GMT
#22
On February 21 2020 12:09 LuckyChoW wrote:
I purchased a copy of Warcraft 3. If they wanted me to give it a chance, they maybe could've taken the time to tweak the economy so wood wasn't such a useless resource, and to add Progress Bars, Health Bars, and customizable hotkeys. I could never get the customizable hotkeys file to work for me.

Without these changes, I've stuck to Starcraft 2. I haven't requested a refund yet, but I won't be recommending this game to anyone.

Peace


If you get the chance give the game bit more time.
Wood is certainly not useless, it needs to be managed.
I'm not sure what you refer to for progress bars but health bars are there (either hold alt, or go into menu and select always show health bars). Agree on customizable hotkeys but tbh the files/presets on Reddit are good and it's easy to activate (don't forget to set keys to custom in menu).

Personally hope wc3 takes off a bit, I have fun playing even with bugs.. although lately switching to classic graphics cause of fps drops
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the f*** down. rerereredit.. I never get it right the 1st time
Amarok
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia2003 Posts
February 21 2020 04:36 GMT
#23
On February 21 2020 12:09 LuckyChoW wrote:
I purchased a copy of Warcraft 3. If they wanted me to give it a chance, they maybe could've taken the time to tweak the economy so wood wasn't such a useless resource, and to add Progress Bars, Health Bars, and customizable hotkeys. I could never get the customizable hotkeys file to work for me.

Without these changes, I've stuck to Starcraft 2. I haven't requested a refund yet, but I won't be recommending this game to anyone.

Peace


WTF? By all means play whichever game you enjoy more, but the bold is complete nonsense. Health bars absolutely are in the game as well.

Sounds like you didn't take Rotti's last paragraph to heart either.
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity
Aesto
Profile Joined September 2014
44 Posts
February 21 2020 04:39 GMT
#24
On February 21 2020 12:09 LuckyChoW wrote:
I purchased a copy of Warcraft 3. If they wanted me to give it a chance, they maybe could've taken the time to tweak the economy so wood wasn't such a useless resource, and to add Progress Bars, Health Bars, and customizable hotkeys. I could never get the customizable hotkeys file to work for me.

Without these changes, I've stuck to Starcraft 2. I haven't requested a refund yet, but I won't be recommending this game to anyone.

Peace

The game does have health bars (press Alt, or turn them on permanently in the menu), the customizable hotkeys are better than SC2 (you can change not only the hotkeys but also the position of the icons, which is amazing) and they've been tweaking the game for 17 years, and in that time, nobody has ever had a problem with how wood works o.O

This is just the typical mob mentality of the gamer community whenever a game has some issues on launch. It's ridiculously overblown. They need to fix the join bug and add ladder stats, but everything else is not much of a problem. And the underlying game has always been amazing.

Great interview.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-21 04:45:47
February 21 2020 04:44 GMT
#25
Not sure if I'll watch ESL or not, but as interested as I was in reforged, my interest in the game went out the window the moment I heard about how much of a catastrophe the launch was. Even worse than remastered seemed like a difficult thing to do, but Blizzard managed to accomplish it no problem. The fact that they even rewrote the custom game thing so that they get more control is baffling to me: https://venturebeat.com/2020/01/29/blizzard-owns-your-warcraft-3-reforged-custom-games/

I'm not sure if it's been changed since I last read up on it, but it's definitely troubling. Chances are that much like RM, the team will be downsized once a certain amount of time passes and the players will be stuck with whatever state the game is in with extremely slow-released patches. Who knows though, maybe the huge backlash they got will do some good though. Best to wait and see. Hope the players who enjoy the game still manage to do it.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Bomzj
Profile Joined July 2018
Belarus24 Posts
February 21 2020 06:27 GMT
#26
Reforged is a joke, complete trash.
capacityex
Profile Joined June 2019
27 Posts
February 21 2020 08:11 GMT
#27
it was fun to partition my hard drive and install my original game after reading this, god i dont remember the game being that hard!
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
February 21 2020 08:27 GMT
#28
I'm gonna watch it, it's got Thorzain so how could I not?!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-21 09:11:16
February 21 2020 09:05 GMT
#29
As much as I used to like Wc3 (and still really enjoy to watch), I'll only watch if there's some B-Stream that shows old graphics. I can't get used to the Reforged graphics. Thankfully, basically all players don't use them, but the main stream probably will.

Also on topic: A fantastic interview, as expected from Rotti & Wax. As a Moon fanboy, I surely would have recommended some of his awesome multi expand or zeppelin micro games.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
February 21 2020 09:15 GMT
#30
Despite WarCraft being an incredibly deep and competitive RTS, it's always been a really tough sell to try and get StarCraft II fans to watch. So, we enlisted the help of Rotterdam—perhaps the biggest combined fan of SC2 and War3 in the entire world—to help with this sales pitch.

I'm not gonna support Blizzard evil strategies. What they did with the launch, EULA and other things is unforgivable.

So while I loved the interview and enjoyed, nope, nope, nope. Unless they pay me really well.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
February 21 2020 09:15 GMT
#31
On February 21 2020 04:26 TL.net ESPORTS wrote:
*This interview has been edited and condensed.


Not sure I believe that
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
February 21 2020 09:20 GMT
#32
Thanks for the intervew, great to see more wc3 love!

Would love to see a warcraft 3 subsection in "other games".
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 21 2020 09:39 GMT
#33
Good Interview, Rotti always gives great insight.

I'm not going to buy reforged for several reasons , mainly I don't have enough time to game anymore.

I'm conflicted about watching the tournament though, i'm fairly anti Activision-Blizzard but I have fond memories of Dreamhack and Rotterdam talking about the deep strategy behind engagements and creep farming sounds cool.
Plus it's just a video game right so who gives a fuck.

I'll stick it on in the background while I work, like I do with most tournaments these days.
Zerg for Life
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-21 10:20:53
February 21 2020 10:20 GMT
#34
I had a lot of fun with WC3 and the custom maps back in the day. I was hoping Reforged would revive it but oh well ......

Grubby's channel is interesting to watch, I particularly enjoy the games where he play silly unorthodox strategies based on viewer requests. https://www.youtube.com/user/FollowGrubby

I would describe WC3 as somewhere between Street Fighter and Starcraft, where the positioning of armies on a larger scale is important, but so is preserving every unit and dodging individual "punches and kicks".
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Adnapsc2
Profile Joined October 2018
47 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-21 12:25:36
February 21 2020 11:52 GMT
#35
What is the point to listen the opinion of somebody being paid by blizzard? If at least the guy didnt defend a player banned from wcs recently.. Warcraft 3 reforged is a failure according to most part of the fans. Its pointless to deny this reality.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
February 21 2020 12:17 GMT
#36
On February 21 2020 20:52 Adnapsc2 wrote:
What is the point to listen the opinion of somebody being paid by blizzard? If at least the guy didnt defend a player banned from wcs recently.. Warcraft 3 is a failure according to most part of the fans. Its pointless to deny this reality.

Warcraft 3 is pretty much a perfect game, nobody thinks it's a failure. Reforged launched as a failed remake, but the core game is brilliant and the tournament scene and community is doing well and was already doing well before Reforged or EPT were a thing. Everybody should check it out if they haven't already.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Adnapsc2
Profile Joined October 2018
47 Posts
February 21 2020 12:27 GMT
#37
On February 21 2020 21:17 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2020 20:52 Adnapsc2 wrote:
What is the point to listen the opinion of somebody being paid by blizzard? If at least the guy didnt defend a player banned from wcs recently.. Warcraft 3 is a failure according to most part of the fans. Its pointless to deny this reality.

Warcraft 3 is pretty much a perfect game, nobody thinks it's a failure. Reforged launched as a failed remake, but the core game is brilliant and the tournament scene and community is doing well and was already doing well before Reforged or EPT were a thing. Everybody should check it out if they haven't already.

Yeah, the core game is cool. I was talking about reforged. 30 euros for this? lol
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
February 21 2020 12:33 GMT
#38
On February 21 2020 21:27 Adnapsc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2020 21:17 Musicus wrote:
On February 21 2020 20:52 Adnapsc2 wrote:
What is the point to listen the opinion of somebody being paid by blizzard? If at least the guy didnt defend a player banned from wcs recently.. Warcraft 3 is a failure according to most part of the fans. Its pointless to deny this reality.

Warcraft 3 is pretty much a perfect game, nobody thinks it's a failure. Reforged launched as a failed remake, but the core game is brilliant and the tournament scene and community is doing well and was already doing well before Reforged or EPT were a thing. Everybody should check it out if they haven't already.

Yeah, the core game is cool. I was talking about reforged. 30 euros for this? lol

Yeah there is most certainly no need to buy reforged at all. Not worth the money if you have classic keys already. But if you use ctrl + f and type reforged you will see that reforged is not even mentioned once in the interview. They are talking about wc3 the esport, Rotti never did any advertising for reforged or defended Blizzard.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
February 21 2020 12:36 GMT
#39
On February 21 2020 20:52 Adnapsc2 wrote:
What is the point to listen the opinion of somebody being paid by blizzard? If at least the guy didnt defend a player banned from wcs recently.. Warcraft 3 reforged is a failure according to most part of the fans. Its pointless to deny this reality.

Is he wrong about what made WC3 special to him? Which is most of what the interview talked about.

It is worth noting that ESL announced WC3 was part of their circuit a good bit before Reforged actually launched.

I’m sure some of the casting and player talent that committed to such ventures are as pissed as many of the rest of us with the Reforged launch, but it’s difficult to savage something when you’ve got skin in the game, maybe contracts at play etc.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
BlueStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Bulgaria1177 Posts
February 21 2020 12:42 GMT
#40
On February 21 2020 21:17 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2020 20:52 Adnapsc2 wrote:
What is the point to listen the opinion of somebody being paid by blizzard? If at least the guy didnt defend a player banned from wcs recently.. Warcraft 3 is a failure according to most part of the fans. Its pointless to deny this reality.

Warcraft 3 is pretty much a perfect game, nobody thinks it's a failure. Reforged launched as a failed remake, but the core game is brilliant and the tournament scene and community is doing well and was already doing well before Reforged or EPT were a thing. Everybody should check it out if they haven't already.


A perfect game with about 30 balance patches in the course of about 5 years, doesn't sound so perfect to me.

And WC:Refunded is a joke.
Leader of the Bulgarian National SCBW/SC2 team and team pSi.SCBW/SC2
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 646
RotterdaM220
TKL 97
SteadfastSC87
Rex72
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko350
RotterdaM 220
ByuN 134
TKL 97
SteadfastSC 87
Rex 72
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25676
Shuttle 1501
Bisu 681
Jaedong 554
Mong 495
Horang2 402
Soulkey 381
BeSt 368
actioN 258
firebathero 244
[ Show more ]
Larva 241
Stork 218
Soma 215
Mini 191
Last 128
Rush 125
Zeus 124
Snow 88
PianO 80
EffOrt 77
Shine 76
Hyun 76
910 75
Pusan 71
Mind 68
Free 66
ZerO 65
Yoon 52
sorry 41
hero 40
Shinee 39
Sharp 34
Sexy 30
JYJ 26
Bale 23
ZergMaN 21
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 18
Hm[arnc] 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 12
yabsab 12
Noble 8
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
canceldota74
Dendi14
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King180
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes322
Other Games
gofns45283
singsing2082
B2W.Neo253
Pyrionflax186
DeMusliM183
Livibee136
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV457
League of Legends
• Jankos1236
Other Games
• Shiphtur692
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 23m
The PondCast
22h 23m
INu's Battles
23h 23m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.