• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8351 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 37

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 200 Next
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
July 22 2016 10:37 GMT
#721
On July 22 2016 11:45 andrewlt wrote:
Ok, I tried training against a friendly gym earlier and I'm being an idiot. I can't find out how to change the pokemon that is going to fight. And it seems like it's defaulting to fighting the lowest cp pokemon even if I swipe to a different one.


Click a Pokemon you want to change during a gym battle, whether it's for a friendly fight or against a different color.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
July 22 2016 10:41 GMT
#722
The game has officially been released in Japan.

Don't expect any working servers today. If we do get 'em, it's lucky.
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
July 22 2016 10:43 GMT
#723
i dont understand how they release the game in new countries without actually fixing any of the existing bugs and server issues.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
July 22 2016 11:00 GMT
#724
On July 22 2016 19:43 evilfatsh1t wrote:
i dont understand how they release the game in new countries without actually fixing any of the existing bugs and server issues.

Short term profit grab to capitalize on the hype
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
July 22 2016 11:20 GMT
#725
Because at the top of the company ladder there's a guy who doesn't even know what a server is, and that guy is yelling at the developers to hurry up and release the game.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
July 22 2016 12:11 GMT
#726
On July 22 2016 19:41 Rehio wrote:
The game has officially been released in Japan.

Don't expect any working servers today. If we do get 'em, it's lucky.


Working fine for me here in New Jersey
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
segers
Profile Joined May 2016
12 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-22 12:23:32
July 22 2016 12:21 GMT
#727
Works fine in Belgium as well.

I have to say though, the last pokémon game I played was crystal (Suicune on the cover), and I'm still trying to convince myself to actually lift up my arse and go walk around to actually get some pokémon.. No pokémon battles to catch them (or to level up your pokémon for example).. I like the idea, but the battles were one of the key things (whether it was to catch a pokémon or to simply get some xp for yours) so yeah, walking around just throwing pokéballs, it's a bit of a letdown I have to say.

Obviously, since I'm still not completely convinced so I'm hardly ever going for a walk to get me some pokémon, I'm only level 5 atm, I live between 2 pokéstops like less than 200 meters away, there are 2 more here like 500 meters away from here and like only 3 meters between those 2 and a gym like 300 meters away from here, so if I'd be motivated and convinced, I'm sure I'd be leveling up rather fast and catching various pokémon quite quickly.. In my street alone I see people constantly walking by, even a Snorlax and a Ninetails popped up like across the street apparently and a Garyados at the nearest pokéstop less than 200 meters from my doorstep.. So I'm in a good spot, but I just cba atm.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
July 22 2016 15:01 GMT
#728
On July 22 2016 19:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2016 11:45 andrewlt wrote:
Ok, I tried training against a friendly gym earlier and I'm being an idiot. I can't find out how to change the pokemon that is going to fight. And it seems like it's defaulting to fighting the lowest cp pokemon even if I swipe to a different one.


Click a Pokemon you want to change during a gym battle, whether it's for a friendly fight or against a different color.


I must've been lagging hard then. That was one of the things I tried.
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
July 22 2016 15:04 GMT
#729
Yeah I mean this really isn't a gamers game as you spend like 1% of your time actually playing and theres very little to that gameplay. But thats why it's so popular.

While it's meant encourage walking around I got a feeling that it's probably far more effective to sit at some busy park or take a bus that drives around central than actually walk.

My main complaint so far is that you can't catch almost anything in like forest areas, one would think that would be where rare Pokemons would dwell rather than city centrals. Of course I can see why they made it so but it still sucks.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 22 2016 15:16 GMT
#730
My park is dominated by fucking Mystic players :@

Was fighting these 2 kids 1v2 and winning (Power vs numbers) and a Car pulls into the car park, starts reversing all weird. At this point im like "either they playing pokemon or they be pedophiles"

Yep..suddenly 1v4. -_-
Useless wet fish.
segers
Profile Joined May 2016
12 Posts
July 22 2016 15:16 GMT
#731
Went for my first walk and apparently where I live it's buzzing with pokestops & gyms, like all less than 1km from my doorstep, madness.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
July 22 2016 15:18 GMT
#732
On July 23 2016 00:01 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2016 19:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On July 22 2016 11:45 andrewlt wrote:
Ok, I tried training against a friendly gym earlier and I'm being an idiot. I can't find out how to change the pokemon that is going to fight. And it seems like it's defaulting to fighting the lowest cp pokemon even if I swipe to a different one.


Click a Pokemon you want to change during a gym battle, whether it's for a friendly fight or against a different color.


I must've been lagging hard then. That was one of the things I tried.

on a friendly gym you only get to pick one Pokemon. before you click the 'fight' button you'll see the defaulted chosen Pokemon in the center of the bottom half of the screen. click on him, it'll open up your list of Pokemon. then pick the one you'd prefer.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
July 22 2016 15:28 GMT
#733
On July 23 2016 00:16 Capped wrote:
My park is dominated by fucking Mystic players :@

Was fighting these 2 kids 1v2 and winning (Power vs numbers) and a Car pulls into the car park, starts reversing all weird. At this point im like "either they playing pokemon or they be pedophiles"

Yep..suddenly 1v4. -_-


Yeah, gyms are definitely more about quantity than quality. Eventually, it becomes tiring to do 1v4s, etc.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
July 22 2016 16:03 GMT
#734
Just used pokevision to plan a little road trip date. 4 towns over to hunt rock and fire types that arent common here.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Diavlo
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium2915 Posts
July 22 2016 16:33 GMT
#735
Is there any info on the number of candies you get by hatching an egg?
I got a nidoran together with 21 candies (5km egg ) and now a pikachu with 8 candies (2k egg).

I can't figure out if it's random (and would also like to know if you get a large amount only for the first egg of one species you get or for each one).

"I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
July 22 2016 16:34 GMT
#736
I think it depends on whether it's a 2/5/10km egg too?
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
July 22 2016 16:40 GMT
#737
I live in Socal. Inland, where I live, is full is rock and fighting types. The west side, where the beaches are, are full of water pokemon. It might be worth while to go there to catch stuff because they are good against the pokemon people have in my area.

One of my annoyances is the game counts displacement instead of steps for egg hatching. It actually incentivizes driving around and other shenanigans rather than actually walking. Depending on how often the game updates, you could lose a lot of distance walking in a circle around a park.
Diavlo
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium2915 Posts
July 22 2016 16:48 GMT
#738
On July 23 2016 01:34 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think it depends on whether it's a 2/5/10km egg too?

Pikachu was the first 2km I bothered to hatch and it was an 8, I hatched a lot of 5km and it varied between 16 and 21. I also have a 32 candy Ekans but I don't remember if it hatched from a 10 km egg or if I got 2 in 5km eggs, probably the first.

I just don't know, hopefully someone has some infos.
"I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-22 17:30:18
July 22 2016 17:29 GMT
#739
Don't know if this has been posted or not:

https://pokevision.com/

It lets you see which pokemon are in your area - also, the servers are pretty bad and drop a ton. They seem to be working on scaling up the bandwidth...

Also - for newer players, wanted to show this:



Can't confirm what was done in video works though ;l
Life?
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 22 2016 17:33 GMT
#740
On July 23 2016 02:29 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted or not:

https://pokevision.com/

It lets you see which pokemon are in your area - also, the servers are pretty bad and drop a ton. They seem to be working on scaling up the bandwidth...

Yeah I think a lot of people have seen it, but some might not have.

Their servers probably aren't really set up for the sort of load they've been under from everyone hitting it, and because these types of sites are just hitting the Pokemon Go! API, it's adding more strain to Niantic as well. Probably will be a while before things settle.
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs ShamelessLIVE!
herO vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings157
SHIN 75
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 299
ByuN 263
OGKoka 257
SHIN 75
MindelVK 23
Railgan 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68144
Calm 10591
Rain 2658
soO 981
Bisu 927
FanTaSy 878
Stork 406
Soulkey 396
Rush 290
Soma 211
[ Show more ]
firebathero 197
Shuttle 167
Last 148
Snow 133
Mind 109
Light 107
ToSsGirL 74
Pusan 72
hero 43
Shinee 42
Bale 37
Trap 37
Killer 36
Sea.KH 36
Free 32
Hm[arnc] 29
Mong 26
Sharp 26
Sexy 24
zelot 20
yabsab 18
sorry 17
Shine 16
HiyA 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
Noble 10
Aegong 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6991
League of Legends
Reynor80
Counter-Strike
x6flipin709
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns37074
singsing2259
byalli655
Pyrionflax242
B2W.Neo175
Chillindude14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 109
• Gemini_19 7
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV511
League of Legends
• Jankos3177
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 27m
OSC
11h 27m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.