• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:20
CEST 19:20
KST 02:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12900 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 39

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 200 Next
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
July 23 2016 13:56 GMT
#761
wait, do IVs exist in this game?
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
July 23 2016 14:20 GMT
#762
Yes they do, you can find a lot of research done by thesilphroad on reddit
This is our town, scrub
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46513 Posts
July 23 2016 15:16 GMT
#763
They do, but they're 100% irrelevant unless you want to be "competitive" in this game. As of right now, it's far more important to have multiple people build up a gym to deter others from taking it than having only one or two "flawless" Pokemon hold the gym. Quantity is still far more important than quality, unless things change in the future.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
July 23 2016 15:59 GMT
#764
quick throw is probabaly my favorite thing now lol.

i'm lvl 22, if I don't catch a pidgey I just run away. If I do catch it it's much faster and accurate

Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
July 23 2016 16:42 GMT
#765
It's a bit funny how it's marketed as a AR game but anyone that takes it somewhat seriously is going to turn off AR. :d
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-23 19:54:15
July 23 2016 19:07 GMT
#766
On July 24 2016 00:16 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
They do, but they're 100% irrelevant unless you want to be "competitive" in this game. As of right now, it's far more important to have multiple people build up a gym to deter others from taking it than having only one or two "flawless" Pokemon hold the gym. Quantity is still far more important than quality, unless things change in the future.

And CP number and typing matter a whole hell of alot more. Your 1200cp flawless Arcanine with fire moves is never going to beat my 950 CP averageish Vaporeon's water moves.

IDK if its been mentioned in this thread yet but in terms of battling and the pokemon type chart, there is no immunities. I used Electric attacks to beat a Ground type in a gym. What should have been an immunity was just a resistance
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 23 2016 20:07 GMT
#767
Typing advantage is 1.2x and 0.8x respectively, instead of the immune / 2x bonus of the actual games.
Useless wet fish.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 23 2016 20:11 GMT
#768
On July 23 2016 22:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I haven't been having much consistency with the PokeVision website... it only shows about 2 or 3 of all the Pokemon around me, and misses like 90% of them (based on those in my Nearby box and additional ones that I randomly encounter).

i wonder the same thing. note, lured pokemon and incensed pokemon do not appear on it, and the nearby box is broken.
coolTLname
Profile Joined January 2015
United States315 Posts
July 23 2016 20:32 GMT
#769
On July 24 2016 00:16 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
They do, but they're 100% irrelevant unless you want to be "competitive" in this game. As of right now, it's far more important to have multiple people build up a gym to deter others from taking it than having only one or two "flawless" Pokemon hold the gym. Quantity is still far more important than quality, unless things change in the future.

lol just wait until we get 1v1 mode all my iv planning will destroy all.
coolTLname
Profile Joined January 2015
United States315 Posts
July 23 2016 20:48 GMT
#770
On July 23 2016 01:40 andrewlt wrote:
I live in Socal. Inland, where I live, is full is rock and fighting types. The west side, where the beaches are, are full of water pokemon. It might be worth while to go there to catch stuff because they are good against the pokemon people have in my area.

One of my annoyances is the game counts displacement instead of steps for egg hatching. It actually incentivizes driving around and other shenanigans rather than actually walking. Depending on how often the game updates, you could lose a lot of distance walking in a circle around a park.

THATS FUCKING WHY
Cheps
Profile Joined August 2010
United Arab Emirates197 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-24 03:38:33
July 24 2016 03:36 GMT
#771
On July 24 2016 00:59 evanthebouncy! wrote:
quick throw is probabaly my favorite thing now lol.

i'm lvl 22, if I don't catch a pidgey I just run away. If I do catch it it's much faster and accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGQ5AUn9BmI


I may be doing something wrong but I knew about this a few days ago and stopped doing it for a few reasons:

1) sometimes you throw too fast and the pokeball doesnt register even though it bounces off the pokemon, thus wasting a ball

2) sometimes you throw it and it does the same as the above but the screen then turns black...ominously and you have to exit the app? Again, wasting a pokeball

3) it doesn't help when you actually need to catch the rarer/higher cp pokemon since you are so accustomed to quick throwing and may not get the great you need to get that pokemon you really need.

I've been farming at a quad pokestop in my area and throwing curves at everything to the point where I've gotten real consistent at hitting great shots. I find that while I do have to pay a little bit more attention per throw, the lack of wasted pokeballs and higher chance of getting greats makes it worth it. Even with quad pokestops all lured and an incense up I still have enough time to curve all my throws on the spawns and transfer/evolve pokemon between spawns so the quick-throw would just give me a few more chances to transfer.

I dunno, to each their own.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
July 24 2016 05:42 GMT
#772
It's not like you don't have space to hold all the extras pokes anyways. I forgo the transferring until my lures/incense are done and I am at home.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
July 24 2016 05:46 GMT
#773
On July 24 2016 12:36 Cheps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2016 00:59 evanthebouncy! wrote:
quick throw is probabaly my favorite thing now lol.

i'm lvl 22, if I don't catch a pidgey I just run away. If I do catch it it's much faster and accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGQ5AUn9BmI


2) sometimes you throw it and it does the same as the above but the screen then turns black...ominously and you have to exit the app? Again, wasting a pokeball



SO IT'S NOT JUST ME.

IT'S SO SPOOKY.

My brother and I just call it "The Blackness".
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
Bigtony
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1606 Posts
July 24 2016 06:07 GMT
#774
Vaporeon and snorlax need serious nerfs or literally everything else needs huge buffs. Taking gyms is a waste of time unless you have like 5 people with you in the current state of the game.

Still enjoying it and glad to have a reason to go for runs.
Push 2 Harder
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-24 06:46:00
July 24 2016 06:45 GMT
#775
level 23 and have not seen a snorlax...it's not vaporean that needs nerf, it's water gun with 40 dps
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 24 2016 07:24 GMT
#776
level 22 and i pretty much havent seen anything rare i think. my rarest stuff come from eggs. i have tauros, but not sure how rare that is.

spend most of my time in the local park in suburbia though.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-24 09:21:22
July 24 2016 09:08 GMT
#777
Just shy of 23 at the moment. I've done lucky egg leveling 3 times so far, and I have 2 left. I'd expect to hit somewhere around 25/26 before the grind becomes too much and I'll just play casually. I have spent money on bag space and pokemon slots, but that's mostly because I always keep 2-3 copies of any pokemon (and a fuckton of the commons).

Gonna go dratini hunting at a nest ~45 minutes away (the things my friends and I do for dratini).

I still check the top 3-4 pokemon (all for A/S tier pokemon) for IV's because good IV's can be 10%+ difference in stats compared to the worst possible set with the same moves. I just wouldn't spend dust on anything that's below 90% though, unless it's very rare.

One day I'll find a 15/15/15 pidgey and evolve it to a pidgeot just to say I have a perfect pidgeot, but for now my dust is much better spent on stuff like finding a perfect magikarp.

I personally am still having fun with the game (have a pokestop farming area where I can farm ~2/min by walking, or nearly 10/min by biking/driving, so items aren't an issue), a diverse set of triple lure locations, and I get to go out to just hang out and walk around getting exercise.

I'm still the highest level out of my group of friends, but the experience curve is so drastic that I don't think I'd maintain more than a 3-4 level lead at most over people who play even 1/3rd as much as I do.

Gyms are also pretty hard to take/hold without a group of friends. I can wipe a level 5 gym solo in about 10 minutes, and it takes 4-5 people just as long to build it up. Where I am, that basically means I can take one, maybe 2 gyms before I have to hit the collect button, as even with 3 people in there it'll get knocked down in under half an hour.

I would like to see skills/typing rebalanced though. It's okay that some skills are better than others, and that people want to min-max. It's not okay that I can simply watergun anything to death with a vaporeon regardless of typing simply because the raw DPS is so much higher than what the other guy has. I evolved a ~650 eevee and now I just run over gyms with vaporeon.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
July 24 2016 12:57 GMT
#778
Really need an app to run through all my pokemon checking IV lol
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
evilfatsh1t
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8930 Posts
July 24 2016 13:49 GMT
#779
yeah i have 0 rares. my definition of rare is anything that is max evolution but not ugly or crap stats wise, or just rare in general.
i dont even have any 'common' pokemon that are actually strong.
im only lvl 16 now but up till now the best pokemon i have are golbats and pinsirs.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
July 24 2016 14:43 GMT
#780
Some people take this game too seriously lmfao
Useless wet fish.
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM923
TKL 357
IndyStarCraft 255
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
ByuN 420
TKL 357
IndyStarCraft 255
BRAT_OK 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46193
Calm 3014
firebathero 157
actioN 140
Free 45
Mong 32
ToSsGirL 29
Rock 26
soO 23
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
Pusan 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9787
Dendi1121
League of Legends
Reynor206
Counter-Strike
fl0m5388
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby525
Liquid`Hasu277
MindelVK16
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1784
FrodaN1067
Beastyqt748
B2W.Neo674
Mlord514
olofmeister481
Khaldor459
KnowMe300
crisheroes153
Livibee95
ToD61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick230
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 24
• Reevou 9
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach59
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Nemesis3295
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1467
Other Games
• Shiphtur713
• imaqtpie286
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 40m
OSC
5h 40m
Replay Cast
5h 40m
OSC
18h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.