• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:21
CEST 03:21
KST 10:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9353 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 36

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 200 Next
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
July 21 2016 17:44 GMT
#701
do you get experience just for walking? I leveled up the other day for no reason and I'm not sure if it was crazy lag (I hadn't caught or evolved or powered up anything for hours) or what.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46511 Posts
July 21 2016 17:46 GMT
#702
On July 22 2016 02:44 brian wrote:
do you get experience just for walking? I leveled up the other day for no reason and I'm not sure if it was crazy lag (I hadn't caught or evolved or powered up anything for hours) or what.


I don't think so, but I've also experienced crazy lagged level ups.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 21 2016 17:51 GMT
#703
On July 22 2016 02:44 brian wrote:
do you get experience just for walking? I leveled up the other day for no reason and I'm not sure if it was crazy lag (I hadn't caught or evolved or powered up anything for hours) or what.

there is a park next to my house with pokestops all along the path. i walk, hit all the pokestops (which give experience when you spin them) and catch all the pokemon along the way. walking, by itself, does not give experience other than working on eggs, which give experience when they hatch. this is not the most efficient way to level up, but i dont play the game to grind.

my dog (who weighs like 6 pds.) passed out when we got home. =)
RCMDVA
Profile Joined July 2011
United States708 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-21 18:00:42
July 21 2016 17:59 GMT
#704
nvm
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 21 2016 19:06 GMT
#705
just confirmed pokevision works. found that elusive charmander that i see on my "near by" but never can find.

so far, a charmander and ivysaur have spawned just outside my office building.
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
July 21 2016 19:12 GMT
#706
Kind of want to use it but I feel like it'd ruin the fun for me
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
July 21 2016 19:43 GMT
#707
I find I level up like 2-3 minutes after the exp bar fills now. I was half way through 9 before getting my level 9 level up items lol
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
sekalf
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden522 Posts
July 21 2016 20:06 GMT
#708
It's crazy the amount of people who are playing this game. Just went for a walk in the city and about one in three people i met were playing. It's like some huge social experiment or something, pretty amazing.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
July 21 2016 20:16 GMT
#709
I don't run out of pokeballs because I eat out a lot. Some of the restaurants I've gone into are in range of a pokestop or are the pokestop themselves. I just spin it the entire time I'm eating.
coolTLname
Profile Joined January 2015
United States315 Posts
July 21 2016 21:05 GMT
#710
lol what if severs are actually fine but theyre down cuz of MASSIVE datamining :D
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
July 22 2016 02:07 GMT
#711
I had almost zero pokeballs left, spend a few hours in the city hanging out with friends and im back up to almost 180 pokeballs lol.
WriterXiao8~~
Cheps
Profile Joined August 2010
United Arab Emirates197 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-22 02:21:48
July 22 2016 02:21 GMT
#712
I found a workable triple pokestop outside my condo (You have to sit on one of the two benches, otherwise you will be standing) and have been going to it at around 8PM the past few nights and putting down triple lures. Within 10 minutes of doing so I then find instead of just me being there, there are 10 people there farming with me and tons more passing by (whether its by coincidence or that they wanted to make sure to pass by my route while doing w/e it is they are doing is unknown).

This is all during weekdays so I imagine if I do this a bit earlier on a weekend before peeps start going out there will be even more traffic.

FYI a few people put up lures after they expired, but mostly its just my lures.

Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
July 22 2016 02:21 GMT
#713
Does anybody know how to make sure my steps are counting when I'm walking to hatch my eggs? Can I turn my phone off while it's in my pocket and walk around (even if the pokemon go app is still open) to accumulate kilometers? If I have a screen lock on my phone, does that matter?
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Cheps
Profile Joined August 2010
United Arab Emirates197 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-22 02:25:00
July 22 2016 02:23 GMT
#714
On July 22 2016 11:21 Epishade wrote:
Does anybody know how to make sure my steps are counting when I'm walking to hatch my eggs? Can I turn my phone off while it's in my pocket and walk around (even if the pokemon go app is still open) to accumulate kilometers? If I have a screen lock on my phone, does that matter?


The screen must be unlocked.

However, there is a battery saver mode in the settings menu which, if turned on, will change the screen to a standard 'Pokemon Go' art and dim the hell out of the screen when the phone is in your pocket or against a dark surface. If it's in battery saver mode and in your pocket (with phone unlocked) the steps will count
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-22 02:33:42
July 22 2016 02:31 GMT
#715
Except 3/4 of the time when you come out of battery saver mode the app will be busted and you need to restart. That's my experience anyway.

I can't believe this thing is so big and yet still so buggy two weeks after release. I mean the bloody tracker, the absolute basis of the game, has been borked for... what.... four days now?

Niantic are obviously busy swimming in their giant piles of money.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
July 22 2016 02:45 GMT
#716
Ok, I tried training against a friendly gym earlier and I'm being an idiot. I can't find out how to change the pokemon that is going to fight. And it seems like it's defaulting to fighting the lowest cp pokemon even if I swipe to a different one.
DerMeister
Profile Joined May 2011
United States57 Posts
July 22 2016 05:51 GMT
#717
On July 22 2016 11:23 Cheps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2016 11:21 Epishade wrote:
Does anybody know how to make sure my steps are counting when I'm walking to hatch my eggs? Can I turn my phone off while it's in my pocket and walk around (even if the pokemon go app is still open) to accumulate kilometers? If I have a screen lock on my phone, does that matter?


The screen must be unlocked.

However, there is a battery saver mode in the settings menu which, if turned on, will change the screen to a standard 'Pokemon Go' art and dim the hell out of the screen when the phone is in your pocket or against a dark surface. If it's in battery saver mode and in your pocket (with phone unlocked) the steps will count



Just to further clarify:

It doesn't count your steps. Rather, it counts your distance by displacement. So they'll track your location every x seconds/mins, and then they will calculate the distance. That way they can also track your mph or km/h. The consensus is that you shouldn't be going faster than 10-12 mph if you want the app to log your mileage.

Furthermore, since they track displacement, it means they will draw straight lines inbetween your locations. If you walk in zigzags and circles during one period, it will not give you credit for the total mileage. Rather, it will just assume you walked in a straight line in between the points.
DerMeister
Profile Joined May 2011
United States57 Posts
July 22 2016 05:53 GMT
#718
On July 22 2016 11:45 andrewlt wrote:
Ok, I tried training against a friendly gym earlier and I'm being an idiot. I can't find out how to change the pokemon that is going to fight. And it seems like it's defaulting to fighting the lowest cp pokemon even if I swipe to a different one.



Tap the picture. Choose a different pokemon. That should be it? In general they pick your highest cp pokemon, or one of your highest with a type advantage.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 22 2016 06:47 GMT
#719
On July 22 2016 11:31 Belisarius wrote:
Except 3/4 of the time when you come out of battery saver mode the app will be busted and you need to restart. That's my experience anyway.

I can't believe this thing is so big and yet still so buggy two weeks after release. I mean the bloody tracker, the absolute basis of the game, has been borked for... what.... four days now?

Niantic are obviously busy swimming in their giant piles of money.

although i agree with your sentiment, i read a rumor that it was disabled intentionally to reduce the server load so that the server didnt crash so much.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
July 22 2016 07:05 GMT
#720
On July 22 2016 15:47 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2016 11:31 Belisarius wrote:
Except 3/4 of the time when you come out of battery saver mode the app will be busted and you need to restart. That's my experience anyway.

I can't believe this thing is so big and yet still so buggy two weeks after release. I mean the bloody tracker, the absolute basis of the game, has been borked for... what.... four days now?

Niantic are obviously busy swimming in their giant piles of money.

although i agree with your sentiment, i read a rumor that it was disabled intentionally to reduce the server load so that the server didnt crash so much.

That rumor being true wouldnt surprise me in least.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 163
NeuroSwarm 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 471
Bale 61
League of Legends
Doublelift4514
Other Games
summit1g9026
JimRising 555
ViBE235
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick648
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1105
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 39m
Patches Events
13h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 39m
OSC
21h 39m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.