• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:18
CEST 05:18
KST 12:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8063 users

General Discussion - Page 139

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
March 31 2016 10:22 GMT
#2761
On March 31 2016 18:54 WhiteDog wrote:
I'm sure Fatale outfit (and ass) is fine because she's french. I'm outraged at the representation this game convey on my country, like we can't think about anything else but sex. And why are we in the bad guy team ? Is it because of Iraq again ?
And look at the Russian woman, it's like Blizzard is saying all russian women have masculine attribute. It prevent us from knowing her character more, like what book she likes.

Wow I'm so outraged god damn it.

Putting that aside, did they add (or intend to add) other kind of objectives beside convoy and point control, because looking at people playing the beta I felt it was somewhat repetitive some month ago ? Or did the new heroes changed much ?

I don't know about you all, but I was really pumped for the game when the beta came out and now the feeling died down. This new fashion that beta come way before the launch with huge mediatisation through famous streamers and youtubers is not that good to me, as it create a short term and unanswered need.

I was excited for it too, I'm always happy to at least take a look on all of the Blizzard franchises, but since it's almost sure that it's not going to have any single-player/co-op campaign thingy, but movie shorts instead... I think I'll back off.
TL+ Member
malcram
Profile Joined November 2010
2752 Posts
March 31 2016 10:40 GMT
#2762
a CTF type mode would be fun.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
March 31 2016 14:30 GMT
#2763
On March 31 2016 19:40 malcram wrote:
a CTF type mode would be fun.


I think I'd prefer a tug-of-war map to CTF. So many heroes are reliant upon movement skills that the common approach to CTF balance of "disable movement skills" seems really, really silly to me. And then if you don't disable movement skills it becomes just too imbalanced.
Wat
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-31 14:50:03
March 31 2016 14:49 GMT
#2764
I did not play myself but the new Control maps seem really good, so its not like they are not adding anything.

Game balance limits what you can do in regard to game modes though. The available hero pool is made for a certain type of gameplay. After all this is not a game like UT where all characters are the same. E.g. Tracer should be way op in ctf.

Off-season = best season
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
March 31 2016 14:54 GMT
#2765
Blizzard isn't likely to add CTF maps in the near future due to game length. It's very easy for CTF to take forever (SEE: WSG) and matching the pacing of the rest of their modes would basically involve turning CTF into something that isn't CTF.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
March 31 2016 15:30 GMT
#2766
On March 31 2016 23:54 Seuss wrote:
Blizzard isn't likely to add CTF maps in the near future due to game length. It's very easy for CTF to take forever (SEE: WSG) and matching the pacing of the rest of their modes would basically involve turning CTF into something that isn't CTF.


Game lengths are already pretty wildly variable in OW. You can have someone throw themselves for 5 minutes against point A and not cap it or have another match go into perma overtime on all checkpoints.
Wat
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 31 2016 16:42 GMT
#2767
Blizzard isn't likely to add CTF maps in the near future due to game length. It's very easy for CTF to take forever (SEE: WSG)


I think they added like a 15 minute cap to WSG that defaults to victory based on certain conditions if the flag caps are tied. Only played it a couple times in the last 6 years though since the hundreds of classic+TBC
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
March 31 2016 17:13 GMT
#2768
New short coming out April 03 about Widowmaker

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20080160/animated-short-incoming-alive-3-31-2016
Wat
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
March 31 2016 17:24 GMT
#2769
On April 01 2016 02:13 Tenks wrote:
New short coming out April 03 about Widowmaker

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20080160/animated-short-incoming-alive-3-31-2016


I wonder if their plan is to do this for all of the characters, which is a lot. I'm stoked though, I really liked the last one.
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
March 31 2016 17:27 GMT
#2770
On April 01 2016 02:24 ZasZ. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2016 02:13 Tenks wrote:
New short coming out April 03 about Widowmaker

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20080160/animated-short-incoming-alive-3-31-2016


I wonder if their plan is to do this for all of the characters, which is a lot. I'm stoked though, I really liked the last one.


I wouldn't think for all characters but probably for major events. There is clearly some bad blood between Widowmaker and Tracer and I assume that will be answered in this short. But if they do give some backstory for all the characters that would be great. I'd love to see a short about the fall of Overwatch focusing on Reaper and 76.
Wat
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-31 17:32:34
March 31 2016 17:31 GMT
#2771
On March 31 2016 18:54 WhiteDog wrote:
I'm sure Fatale outfit (and ass) is fine because she's french. I'm outraged at the representation this game convey on my country, like we can't think about anything else but sex. And why are we in the bad guy team ? Is it because of Iraq again ?
And look at the Russian woman, it's like Blizzard is saying all russian women have masculine attribute. It prevent us from knowing her character more, like what book she likes.

Wow I'm so outraged god damn it.

Putting that aside, did they add (or intend to add) other kind of objectives beside convoy and point control, because looking at people playing the beta I felt it was somewhat repetitive some month ago ? Or did the new heroes changed much ?

I don't know about you all, but I was really pumped for the game when the beta came out and now the feeling died down. This new fashion that beta come way before the launch with huge mediatisation through famous streamers and youtubers is not that good to me, as it create a short term and unanswered need.


make a post in the blizz forums, they'd be thrilled to "include" you too.

Of course your argument is quite weak now because you don't have a daughter, so be sure to say you have one , with a Russian wife of course, and stress how effeminate she is :D
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-31 19:00:26
March 31 2016 18:55 GMT
#2772
On April 01 2016 02:31 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2016 18:54 WhiteDog wrote:
I'm sure Fatale outfit (and ass) is fine because she's french. I'm outraged at the representation this game convey on my country, like we can't think about anything else but sex. And why are we in the bad guy team ? Is it because of Iraq again ?
And look at the Russian woman, it's like Blizzard is saying all russian women have masculine attribute. It prevent us from knowing her character more, like what book she likes.

Wow I'm so outraged god damn it.

Putting that aside, did they add (or intend to add) other kind of objectives beside convoy and point control, because looking at people playing the beta I felt it was somewhat repetitive some month ago ? Or did the new heroes changed much ?

I don't know about you all, but I was really pumped for the game when the beta came out and now the feeling died down. This new fashion that beta come way before the launch with huge mediatisation through famous streamers and youtubers is not that good to me, as it create a short term and unanswered need.


make a post in the blizz forums, they'd be thrilled to "include" you too.

Of course your argument is quite weak now because you don't have a daughter, so be sure to say you have one , with a Russian wife of course, and stress how effeminate she is :D

Since when are game characters supposed to be "inclusive" and represent the player behind the character anyway? Which Overwatch character represents the male nerd which is like 90% of the player base?
Off-season = best season
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
March 31 2016 19:00 GMT
#2773
On April 01 2016 03:55 Redox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2016 02:31 JieXian wrote:
On March 31 2016 18:54 WhiteDog wrote:
I'm sure Fatale outfit (and ass) is fine because she's french. I'm outraged at the representation this game convey on my country, like we can't think about anything else but sex. And why are we in the bad guy team ? Is it because of Iraq again ?
And look at the Russian woman, it's like Blizzard is saying all russian women have masculine attribute. It prevent us from knowing her character more, like what book she likes.

Wow I'm so outraged god damn it.

Putting that aside, did they add (or intend to add) other kind of objectives beside convoy and point control, because looking at people playing the beta I felt it was somewhat repetitive some month ago ? Or did the new heroes changed much ?

I don't know about you all, but I was really pumped for the game when the beta came out and now the feeling died down. This new fashion that beta come way before the launch with huge mediatisation through famous streamers and youtubers is not that good to me, as it create a short term and unanswered need.


make a post in the blizz forums, they'd be thrilled to "include" you too.

Of course your argument is quite weak now because you don't have a daughter, so be sure to say you have one , with a Russian wife of course, and stress how effeminate she is :D

Since when are game characters supposed to be "inclusive" and represent the player behind the character anyway? Which Overwatch character represents the male, white, nerd which is like 90% of the player base?


I'm pretty sure both of them were being ironic
Bora Pain minha porra!
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
March 31 2016 19:02 GMT
#2774
Im excited for the Widowmaker short. We get a glimpse to their side of the story.
Skol
baritonbricks
Profile Joined March 2016
4 Posts
April 01 2016 16:33 GMT
#2775
Tracer was deleted / Jeff Kaplan resigns ( video in French )



:D
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 01 2016 16:38 GMT
#2776
They should delete April 1, 2016.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
April 01 2016 16:47 GMT
#2777
Tracer with the burqa is very funny.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
April 01 2016 17:02 GMT
#2778
On April 02 2016 01:33 baritonbricks wrote:
Tracer was deleted / Jeff Kaplan resigns ( video in French )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj-q0ocWBPc

:D

*insert sarcastic joker laugh*
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17895 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-01 18:56:38
April 01 2016 18:56 GMT
#2779
New Overwatch character.

[image loading]
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
April 01 2016 20:33 GMT
#2780
im positive the guys with double bronze star are account sharing.

no way they can be that high level and be this bad at the game.
Skol
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 192
Bale 23
Terrorterran 16
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm218
League of Legends
JimRising 790
Counter-Strike
taco 379
Other Games
summit1g12546
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1272
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo538
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 42m
Replay Cast
19h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.