• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:13
CEST 03:13
KST 10:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6948 users

General Discussion - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
November 08 2014 17:47 GMT
#221
I am going to play it when it comes out. If I have fun I will keep playing. If I don't have fun I will stop playing. Why do people always get so fucking crazy talking about new games?
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
November 08 2014 17:49 GMT
#222
On November 09 2014 02:37 beg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2014 02:14 udgnim wrote:
On November 09 2014 00:54 kongoline wrote:
On November 09 2014 00:17 Dubag wrote:
On November 08 2014 22:32 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I'd rather have a casual shooter, I'm getting tired of the whole "is this the next big esport" crap from blizzard.


What exactly do you think is non-casual about this game?
It's got casual all over it. The only reason it's going to be an esports title is because it's Blizzard made and it's a great way for them to market it to draw in fans/players. It's like Idra coming out of retirement for HotS even though he's said multiple times he hates casual shit.

Dahang 2010 is an example of a non-casual game. Overwatch looks like the only thing you really need to learn is what each hero can do. (Not saying that it's bad but it does look like the game is casual friendly with a low skill ceiling).

wonder if we ever see fast paced ego fps shooters like quake raise in popularity again, personally i find vids like the one u posted (also worth checking cooler 2011 ) one of the best spectator experience out of any game


not going to happen

can't be played on console

Yes it can and yes it was.
How are people still taking a shit on consoles? Can you not remember the GM toss who was playing with a controller?



Show nested quote +
On November 09 2014 01:29 Dubag wrote:
On November 09 2014 00:54 kongoline wrote:
wonder if we ever see fast paced ego fps shooters like quake raise in popularity again, personally i find vids like the one u posted (also worth checking cooler 2011 ) one of the best spectator experience out of any game


I doubt it, IMO Quake is the pinnacle of what that genre can achieve. I've seen the Cooller one (Love the Joe and 2GD casting)...I have a bunch on my external HDD I watch from time to time. The strenx one is insane from a pure aim perspective. (Recommended).

Reborn in development, Reflex recently launched beta or alpha...I think it would take a current behemoth company like Valve to get fast-paced FPS back into the limelight. It's the same with Blizzard...Magic the Gatherings been out for decades in card form and a long time online...yet suddenly Blizzard make an obviously dumbed down version of it and it becomes an esport.

If you wanna see some creativity and know the majority of duel maps check out the Baksteen Frag Vid. Or if you want to see some crazy movement (if he falls off he restarts back at the beginning of the 'tier'...Check out Final Torture. The problem is people don't know how long it takes to reach the level shown in the majority of those vids, or how new things were still being found a decade after release.

Either way, Overwatch doesn't look like it's for me at all.

I wouldn't call Quake "the pinnacle of fast paced FPS".
There's been other great games, revolving around very different ideas, yet allow for a fast paced gameplay, such as the old Team Fortress titles (including TFC, loving it. Excluding TF2, cause it has been stripped of absolutely everything. I mean everything. Literally everything.).

Now Overwatch will be an entirely new beast. We didn't really have a hero shooter like that yet. I can only wonder how that's gonna turn out.

Come on, Quake being the pinnacle of fast paced FPS was an obvious joke on his part...
+ Show Spoiler +
...because everyone knows that UT is the pinnacle of fast paced FPS
Dubag
Profile Joined March 2006
Australia82 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-08 17:56:58
November 08 2014 17:52 GMT
#223
On November 09 2014 02:37 beg wrote:
How are people still taking a shit on consoles? Can you not remember the GM toss who was playing with a controller?

I wouldn't call Quake "the pinnacle of fast paced FPS".
There's been other great games, revolving around very different ideas, yet allow for a fast paced gameplay, such as the old Team Fortress titles (including TFC, loving it).

Now Overwatch will be an entirely new beast. We didn't really have a hero shooter like that yet. I can only wonder how that's gonna turn out.



People talk shit on consoles because they are slower and more clumsy than a mouse and keyboard. I remember the GM toss playing with a xbox controller...Good for him but he's never going to be close to top tier. If you put a keyboard+mouse vs a controller in the same game the keyboard+mouse wins. Especially in FPS. If you can show me a pro controller player I'll gladly link you a bunch of other keyboard+mouse players who are better. I don't even know why you want to argue that point.

What FPS titles would you put above Quake? (In terms of highest skill ceiling). The best way I've heard it described is: Anyone who is good at Quake will be good at any other FPS game. How many games would work in reverse? (eg: A good Quake player will be good at Overwatch. A good Overwatch player probably won't be good at Quake).

EDIT: Aando GTFO with your double tap dodge bs.
Bow to the King
DRG | MC | Gumiho | Soulkey | Effort
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
November 08 2014 17:56 GMT
#224
On November 09 2014 02:52 Dubag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2014 02:37 beg wrote:
How are people still taking a shit on consoles? Can you not remember the GM toss who was playing with a controller?

I wouldn't call Quake "the pinnacle of fast paced FPS".
There's been other great games, revolving around very different ideas, yet allow for a fast paced gameplay, such as the old Team Fortress titles (including TFC, loving it).

Now Overwatch will be an entirely new beast. We didn't really have a hero shooter like that yet. I can only wonder how that's gonna turn out.



People talk shit on consoles because they are slower and more clumsy than a mouse and keyboard. I remember the GM toss playing with a xbox controller...Good for him but he's never going to be close to top tier. If you put a keyboard+mouse vs a controller in the same game the keyboard+mouse wins.

What FPS titles would you put above Quake? (In terms of highest skill ceiling). The best way I've heard it described is: Anyone who is good at Quake will be good at any other FPS game. How many games would work in reverse? (eg: A good Quake player will be good at Overwatch. A good Overwatch player probably won't be good at Quake).

Not any FPS game i might add. Fast paced movement shooters, yes. But a good Quake player doesn't make a good CS player. ;P
Dubag
Profile Joined March 2006
Australia82 Posts
November 08 2014 17:59 GMT
#225
On November 09 2014 02:56 iXphobos wrote:
Not any FPS game i might add. Fast paced movement shooters, yes. But a good Quake player doesn't make a good CS player. ;P


CS is probably the only real argument (UT is basically in the same vein as Quake). They have a lot of the same skillsets but they are just used completely differently. I would still argue that Quake is a better foundation so to speak.
DRG | MC | Gumiho | Soulkey | Effort
beg
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
991 Posts
November 08 2014 18:00 GMT
#226
On November 09 2014 02:46 udgnim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2014 02:37 beg wrote:
On November 09 2014 02:14 udgnim wrote:
On November 09 2014 00:54 kongoline wrote:
On November 09 2014 00:17 Dubag wrote:
On November 08 2014 22:32 BLinD-RawR wrote:
I'd rather have a casual shooter, I'm getting tired of the whole "is this the next big esport" crap from blizzard.


What exactly do you think is non-casual about this game?
It's got casual all over it. The only reason it's going to be an esports title is because it's Blizzard made and it's a great way for them to market it to draw in fans/players. It's like Idra coming out of retirement for HotS even though he's said multiple times he hates casual shit.

Dahang 2010 is an example of a non-casual game. Overwatch looks like the only thing you really need to learn is what each hero can do. (Not saying that it's bad but it does look like the game is casual friendly with a low skill ceiling).

wonder if we ever see fast paced ego fps shooters like quake raise in popularity again, personally i find vids like the one u posted (also worth checking cooler 2011 ) one of the best spectator experience out of any game


not going to happen

can't be played on console

Yes it can and yes it was.




On November 09 2014 01:29 Dubag wrote:
On November 09 2014 00:54 kongoline wrote:
wonder if we ever see fast paced ego fps shooters like quake raise in popularity again, personally i find vids like the one u posted (also worth checking cooler 2011 ) one of the best spectator experience out of any game


I doubt it, IMO Quake is the pinnacle of what that genre can achieve. I've seen the Cooller one (Love the Joe and 2GD casting)...I have a bunch on my external HDD I watch from time to time. The strenx one is insane from a pure aim perspective. (Recommended).

Reborn in development, Reflex recently launched beta or alpha...I think it would take a current behemoth company like Valve to get fast-paced FPS back into the limelight. It's the same with Blizzard...Magic the Gatherings been out for decades in card form and a long time online...yet suddenly Blizzard make an obviously dumbed down version of it and it becomes an esport.

If you wanna see some creativity and know the majority of duel maps check out the Baksteen Frag Vid. Or if you want to see some crazy movement (if he falls off he restarts back at the beginning of the 'tier'...Check out Final Torture. The problem is people don't know how long it takes to reach the level shown in the majority of those vids, or how new things were still being found a decade after release.

Either way, Overwatch doesn't look like it's for me at all.

I wouldn't call Quake "the pinnacle of fast paced FPS".
There's been other great games, revolving around very different ideas, yet allow for a fast paced gameplay, such as the old Team Fortress titles (including TFC, loving it).

Now Overwatch will be an entirely new beast. We didn't really have a hero shooter like that yet. I can only wonder how that's gonna turn out.


poor choice of words by me

the number of console players that desire to play a Quake style game with a controller are an extremely niche market

Well... this is not about the desire to play a Quake style game. I was only making a point that you can play skill based games on consoles. And to be honest, people did love the Quake games on consoles.


But Quake died out... both on console and on PC. It seems that Quake style games don't work anymore. CS1.6 never died out. It's as old as Q3, but didn't die whatsoever. It attracted 100k+ viewer numbers on major tournaments, more than SC2 (talking late 2012, while CSGO was about to be released). BUT QUAKE DIED. Why? People dont want to play it anymore (WHICH IS A PITY, I STILL PLAY IT, I'M A DEFRAG PLAYER!!! Defrag is about the movement part of the game... jumping through challenging maps... one of the most fun things I've ever tried. CS1.6 and Team Fortress (not 2) have similar maps.)


Sorry for offtopic. Just had to express my love for Quake, after talking down so much . But it's the truth, Quake doesn't work anymore. If it would, QL would be a much bigger game.



BACK TO THE POINT:
I was saying, you can play skill based games on consoles. So nothing speaks against Blizzard making Overwatch super skill based, but they probably won't. So I probably won't play it?! But I'm surely gonna try it out.




PS: Team Fortress 2 was a boring boring mess. It was stripped of literally everything that made TF and TFC fun. Most of those poor people probably never knew... they were victims of "free to play" . RIP real Team Fortress
Dubag
Profile Joined March 2006
Australia82 Posts
November 08 2014 18:16 GMT
#227
On November 09 2014 03:00 beg wrote:
the whole post.


Fair enough. I just wasn't understanding why you thought console gamers could complete at a top level with keyboard/mouse. (I mean they obviously can play competitive, Halo LAN finals etc speak to that...but it's never going to reach the same level.

I do know what defrag is, I linked to the Final Torture video in an earlier post (well worth a look because it's pretty phenomenal).

I think I also mentioned elsewhere that I think arena/fast-paced FPS can work...it just needs a huge company to back it. Think about it...what big esports titles have come out lately that were from a smaller company? None. BW, SC2, CoD, LOL, Dota 2 etc. It's not that they are doing anything incredible esports wise (they are to certain extents) but games like Hearthstone having an esports backing is ridiculous really. It would take a company like Valve to regenerate arena FPS imo, but I also think Quake would be hard pressed to be improved on. I don't think console success has anything to do with it either, considering LOL and Dota 2.

One of the reasons why I think games like Quake don't work anymore is because people want a quick fix, but then they also get bored and move on quickly. If they can't get quick enjoyment out of the game (ie: be competitive) they move on. But if the ground work was there I think it would work well. (Personally I think a lot of the reason for Quake failing was lack of support by iD.
DRG | MC | Gumiho | Soulkey | Effort
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-08 18:27:44
November 08 2014 18:22 GMT
#228
Riot was a smaller company.... Of course you won't find any example of a huge title by a small company because when the title gets huge the company will obviously also grow.

WoT wasn't from a huge company, HoN wasn't from a huge company, CS wasn't originally from a huge company, WC3 Dota wasn't supported by a major company, etc. Fighting games didn't get big because of the support of the developers, even though some of them were made by big developers.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
November 08 2014 18:32 GMT
#229
Holy fuck those trailers are awesome.
Never Knows Best.
Dubag
Profile Joined March 2006
Australia82 Posts
November 08 2014 18:41 GMT
#230
On November 09 2014 03:22 SKC wrote:
Riot was a smaller company.... Of course you won't find any example of a huge title by a small company because when the title gets huge the company will obviously also grow.

WoT wasn't from a huge company, HoN wasn't from a huge company, CS wasn't originally from a huge company, WC3 Dota wasn't supported by a major company, etc. Fighting games didn't get big because of the support of the developers, even though some of them were made by big developers.


Yes I agree with what you are saying. My point is for an arena FPS game to get back into the big stage it would have to be backed by Valve or another such company. It's like how Blizzard has the RTS esports scene on lockdown. I can't picture a small up-and-coming company dethroning Blizzard for the number 1 RTS esports title (even if they did make a better game). RIOT and whoever made HoN basically took a good idea and ran with it. Riot became huge, the only company to challenge them is Valve in that regard. There is little to no room for a smaller company to even breathe in there and come out ahead. Blizzard is like the small fish in that pond at the moment. Missing out on all the free food and trying to find it's own place in HotS (Which it has done well).

Basically I'm fully agreeing with what you just said (though I can't speak on WoT) but you are kinda backing up my argument. Can you picture a new upstart company taking over the esports market using a clone of CSGO? No. Which is why I think arena FPS is basically done. Quake was the best of it's kind, It's not worth trying to do the same thing anymore unless you have the huge backing that a company like Blizzard or Valve does. (Which is why I said I think games like Hearthstone are only big because of who made them).
DRG | MC | Gumiho | Soulkey | Effort
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
November 08 2014 18:45 GMT
#231
I'm not sure I agree with that. If any large company makes a genuinely fun to play Arena FPS game which gains popularity I'm sure it can be a successful esport. Of course, the prerequisite for that is for the game to actually be fun which is easier said than done.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
beg
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
991 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-08 19:07:44
November 08 2014 18:45 GMT
#232
On November 09 2014 02:52 Dubag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2014 02:37 beg wrote:
How are people still taking a shit on consoles? Can you not remember the GM toss who was playing with a controller?

I wouldn't call Quake "the pinnacle of fast paced FPS".
There's been other great games, revolving around very different ideas, yet allow for a fast paced gameplay, such as the old Team Fortress titles (including TFC, loving it).

Now Overwatch will be an entirely new beast. We didn't really have a hero shooter like that yet. I can only wonder how that's gonna turn out.



People talk shit on consoles because they are slower and more clumsy than a mouse and keyboard. I remember the GM toss playing with a xbox controller...Good for him but he's never going to be close to top tier. If you put a keyboard+mouse vs a controller in the same game the keyboard+mouse wins. Especially in FPS. If you can show me a pro controller player I'll gladly link you a bunch of other keyboard+mouse players who are better. I don't even know why you want to argue that point.

What FPS titles would you put above Quake? (In terms of highest skill ceiling). The best way I've heard it described is: Anyone who is good at Quake will be good at any other FPS game. How many games would work in reverse? (eg: A good Quake player will be good at Overwatch. A good Overwatch player probably won't be good at Quake).

EDIT: Aando GTFO with your double tap dodge bs.
Bow to the King

You didnt mention you were talking about skill ceiling specifically, but either way, why would you believe Team Fortress was less skilled based than Quake? Also, someone who is good at Quake will not be good at CS


CS1.6 is a really deep game. It has a movement system, not dissimilar to Quake3, yet completely unique. On top of that, it requires a certain game sense revolving around stealthing skills. Also, the weapons need recoil control, which is an art in itself.



On November 09 2014 03:45 Plexa wrote:
I'm not sure I agree with that. If any large company makes a genuinely fun to play Arena FPS game which gains popularity I'm sure it can be a successful esport. Of course, the prerequisite for that is for the game to actually be fun which is easier said than done.

I think if we ever want a new arena shooter getting really big again, it's gonna need some kind of twist, such as... heroes. Maybe. ...

I know nothing about Overwatch now, but I'd be excited to see it become such a game. But I'm afraid it'll be quite the casual game. (IMAGINE THEY WOULD USE THE QUAKE3 MOVEMENt, LOL!!! I'D CUM IN MY PANTS)
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-08 19:11:30
November 08 2014 18:58 GMT
#233
On November 09 2014 03:41 Dubag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2014 03:22 SKC wrote:
Riot was a smaller company.... Of course you won't find any example of a huge title by a small company because when the title gets huge the company will obviously also grow.

WoT wasn't from a huge company, HoN wasn't from a huge company, CS wasn't originally from a huge company, WC3 Dota wasn't supported by a major company, etc. Fighting games didn't get big because of the support of the developers, even though some of them were made by big developers.


Yes I agree with what you are saying. My point is for an arena FPS game to get back into the big stage it would have to be backed by Valve or another such company. It's like how Blizzard has the RTS esports scene on lockdown. I can't picture a small up-and-coming company dethroning Blizzard for the number 1 RTS esports title (even if they did make a better game). RIOT and whoever made HoN basically took a good idea and ran with it. Riot became huge, the only company to challenge them is Valve in that regard. There is little to no room for a smaller company to even breathe in there and come out ahead. Blizzard is like the small fish in that pond at the moment. Missing out on all the free food and trying to find it's own place in HotS (Which it has done well).

Basically I'm fully agreeing with what you just said (though I can't speak on WoT) but you are kinda backing up my argument. Can you picture a new upstart company taking over the esports market using a clone of CSGO? No. Which is why I think arena FPS is basically done. Quake was the best of it's kind, It's not worth trying to do the same thing anymore unless you have the huge backing that a company like Blizzard or Valve does. (Which is why I said I think games like Hearthstone are only big because of who made them).

If the game picks up hype, it doesn't matter if it was from a big company. All it matters is if people want to play it. A new company making an RTS wont be able to compete because there is no market for RTS, not many people like playing them. If any company created a fast paced FPS that was fun to play and attracted the masses it could become huge.

Either way, there is no saturated market for Arena FPS'. There is not a single title that's actually big. A small company took over the market by making a Dota clone, even though people still believe the original was the best of it's kind, because people were not playing Dota anymore. You can apply that to either HoN or LoL. The same situation Quake would be in.
Jusba
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland189 Posts
November 08 2014 19:05 GMT
#234
The fast movement reminds me of quake which is nice. Then again you can set up turrets and traps which I really don't like.
I miss simple but hard shooters :/.
Dubag
Profile Joined March 2006
Australia82 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-08 19:22:54
November 08 2014 19:13 GMT
#235
On November 09 2014 03:45 beg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2014 02:52 Dubag wrote:
What FPS titles would you put above Quake? (In terms of highest skill ceiling).


You didnt mention you were talking about skill ceiling specifically


???

On November 09 2014 03:45 beg wrote:
CS1.6 is a really deep game. It has a movement system, not dissimilar to Quake3, yet completely unique. On top of that, it requires a certain game sense revolving around stealthing skills. Also, the weapons need recoil control, which is an art in itself.


Once again I agree. I suppose it's how you feel about either game since I think CS is probably the closest in terms of skill ceiling. They have a lot of similarities...positioning, pathing, raw aim, weapon control, movement, etc...
Timing, weapon selection, map control, item control, in and out of control play, etc... are big parts of Quake as well, as is individual playstyle (which is cool to watch at a high level). On the flip side to that, CS has the teamplay element (which is evident in Quake...but Quake is mainly a duel mode at the high level).

On November 09 2014 03:58 SKC wrote:
If the game picks up hype, it doesn't matter if it was from a big company. All it matters is if people want to play it. A new company making an RTS wont be able to compete because there is no market for RTS, not many people like playing them. If any company created a fast paced FPS that was fun to play and attracted the masses it could become huge.


This is basically what I'm saying. The potential is there, the means aren't. If you are a small time company with a better RTS game about to come out at the same time as SC3...your game is stuffed. You can't compete because of the position Blizzard is in. A smaller company can't generate the hype a large one can. If hearthstone was made by 'SKC and Co' you wouldn't see one streamed event. There is a market for RTS games, as evidenced by the tens of thousands of viewers watching WCS. There just isn't a market for another esports RTS title until Blizzard puts a 3 at the end of SC. (Basically...or another big breakthrough).
DRG | MC | Gumiho | Soulkey | Effort
Spaylz
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan1743 Posts
November 08 2014 19:39 GMT
#236
So, can this be considered as Blizzard's equivalent of "Your move, Gabe"?
I like words.
Dubag
Profile Joined March 2006
Australia82 Posts
November 08 2014 20:30 GMT
#237
On November 09 2014 04:39 Spaylz wrote:
So, can this be considered as Blizzard's equivalent of "Your move, Gabe"?


No, it's basically "We like the move you made Gabe...we're going to copy it."
DRG | MC | Gumiho | Soulkey | Effort
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
November 08 2014 20:36 GMT
#238
Looks cool
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-08 20:45:49
November 08 2014 20:42 GMT
#239
what a shame, i hate FPS just as much as cardgames.

At least they go out of their comfort zone.




So, can this be considered as Blizzard's equivalent of "Your move, Gabe"?


Uhm,

Steam, TF, dota 2.

vs 2 alpha games and ....battlenet downloader?
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 08 2014 20:43 GMT
#240
On November 09 2014 05:42 LaNague wrote:
what a shame, i hate FPS just as much as cardgames.


At least they go out of their comfort zone.

It is FPS, but the importance of aiming is reduced, you have 4 abilities with each hero afaik
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings63
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 142
RuFF_SC2 31
ProTech14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15348
Rain 2266
Artosis 622
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3772
Counter-Strike
taco 265
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Mew2King192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
Other Games
summit1g8558
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 542
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0248
ArmadaUGS69
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 146
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra574
• Shiphtur191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 47m
OSC
20h 47m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.