• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7931 users

Dungeon Fighter Online - Season 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-22 21:38:01
May 12 2014 22:44 GMT
#1


Season 2 (All in One) patch is coming in a week: http://www.dfoneople.com/news/updates/Season2-Reborn

This will bring the game up to 80% of the way to Korean version only missing some content and the very latest balance fixes. Content is being released at a fairly regular pace with new events every 2 weeks and a larger patch every month or so.
New scenario dungeons introduced will streamline leveling a lot so it would likely be a good time to retry the game if you are interested.




Once upon a time a little Korean game called Dungeon Fighter Online (or Dungeon and Fighter, DFO/DNF) went into beta in the US and later launched, then went through a large content update. It was an arcade-style sidescrolling beat 'em up with levels, dungeons, gear, pvp, and a convoluted story. In Korea it's been part of a televised league and was part of WCG 2009. Justin Wong was even a community manager for the game.

On June 13, 2013 Nexon shut the US servers down and everybody who played lost all of their progress forever.

On May 15, DFO will have an alpha test run by Neople, the developer. Source

Right now little is known about what state the game will be in when the test begins, but I'll be sure to update the OP when the time comes.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Lolimaiko
Profile Joined February 2011
United States29 Posts
May 12 2014 22:53 GMT
#2
Great news! I always enjoyed DFO. Great sprite work, old school beat-em-up madness, and had my perfect vision of what a battle mage should be.

Sadly, the US release was disappointing with the cash shop and agonizing grind in the beginning. I hope this reboot will be up to date with the Korean version.
Susceptible to lolis
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
May 12 2014 22:57 GMT
#3
I've heard many good things about DFO, however I refuse to play any games run by Nexon america so I'll keep an eye out on this.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 23:05:57
May 12 2014 23:03 GMT
#4
On May 13 2014 07:53 Lolimaiko wrote:
Great news! I always enjoyed DFO. Great sprite work, old school beat-em-up madness, and had my perfect vision of what a battle mage should be.

Sadly, the US release was disappointing with the cash shop and agonizing grind in the beginning. I hope this reboot will be up to date with the Korean version.

I'm not aware of any major differences in the cash shop besides KDnF at one point allowing you to simply buy your advanced avatars off the market, but yeah, Nexon's awful sometimes.

I really loved the battlemage (it was my first character and Bellatrix was the coolest.) I am cautiously optimistic, but this could go terribly!

PS the witch was rad too.

On May 13 2014 07:57 LSB wrote:
I've heard many good things about DFO, however I refuse to play any games run by Nexon america so I'll keep an eye out on this.

Thankfully Nexon NA's not involved in it this time. This should be a good thing.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
May 13 2014 06:05 GMT
#5
I'll definitely check it out as I loved DFO.
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
May 13 2014 07:11 GMT
#6
How is this game played?
Total Annihilation Zero
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-15 01:11:25
May 14 2014 09:06 GMT
#7
On May 13 2014 16:11 TaShadan wrote:
How is this game played?

Online? On the PC? With keyboard/mouse or a controller? Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Edit: the alpha's running right now, it seems to be the same version of the game that went down in North America.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
-Dustin-
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States718 Posts
May 19 2014 13:38 GMT
#8
Downloaded it last night only got to play for about an hour. I started as a Priest I'm like level 4 or 5... Is anyone else here playing this? I might get my brother to play with me but could always use some TL people to play with.

I'm willing to create a new character and start at level 1 with you. My play time is usually Noon-6pm EST.
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
May 19 2014 14:23 GMT
#9
Downloading right now. I played a bit years ago and remember it was pretty fun thought i'd give it another try.
It is what it is
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
May 19 2014 15:36 GMT
#10
I kept finding this game while i was searching for something exactly like it but ofc it was shutdown. I also have a few weeks of free time while i wait for a police-check to process for my new job...yeah, my life is going to involve alot of DFO.

Lvl 4 female gunner - Cappette (Chosen purely for the +speed, ofc... )

I may or may not be on that character, i have plans to try out the priest / mage i created too.
Useless wet fish.
-Dustin-
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States718 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 11:51:56
May 20 2014 12:18 GMT
#11
I'm level 14 now on my Priest I've just been spending all my QP's in VIT since my buffs work based on my max VIT and leveling one heavy damage skill and the other 2 skills I have are to continue combos and knock-up enemies. I was just checking the new skills I could get before I logged off last night not sure what to get.

Also if anyone wants to trade Priest pots/Heavy armor pots for Other class/armor pots pm me in game or on here.

IGN: Eurynomos

EDIT:
I'm level 20 now and I got my job change I wanted to be more for buffs but even using quick party I'm usually playing alone. So I chose avenger but the game doesn't really give you a good description of what a class does before you choose it... So I really don't even know what I chose :D.
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
May 21 2014 13:26 GMT
#12
Do you have to use a facebook login in order to play the game or is this just something for the alpha? Will probably pass altogether if I can't make a separate login.
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
May 21 2014 15:46 GMT
#13
lvl 5 fighter so far. planning on going striker once I get to pick job
Graphics
nekotrap
Profile Joined April 2011
130 Posts
May 21 2014 16:01 GMT
#14
When nexon shut it down I thought DFO was gone forever for me. Then I found out about cDNF but it was so laggy it was unplayable.

Feels good to be able to fly around with my loli witch again
A broken carrot is more than enough for the likes of you
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 16:20:25
May 21 2014 16:19 GMT
#15
Just hit my first advancement on my gunner. Now a lvl 20 (1? maybe) Launcher.

Big guns are fun and all, but slayers look so much more badass then every other class its ridiculous

I mean, i have a giant gun strapped to my back, but im in a pink fucking dress, theres so many cool variations of slayers ive seen. Damn that speed gauge being bigger on the female gunner.

Again - Cappette in-game

@Battleaxe, i just use a fake email/facebook combo for it lol. You can literally get one of those temp. email addresses and use it i think. If not it doesnt take long to do it yourself with a seperate email.
Useless wet fish.
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
May 21 2014 16:38 GMT
#16
Anybody experienced knows a good pvp class with the current patch?
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
May 21 2014 17:59 GMT
#17
I just broke down and logged in my normal fb.

Keep in mind this is just alpha so once they end it there's almost a 100% guarantee they're going to wipe everything again. Before everyone starts going crazy leveling and whatnot, may want to hold off until at least beta whenever that hits
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
cabarkapa
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1013 Posts
May 21 2014 18:59 GMT
#18
Is a Facebook account required in order to play?

Guess I won't end up going back if that's the case.
Jaehoon - Master strategist
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
May 21 2014 19:05 GMT
#19
On May 22 2014 03:59 cabarkapa wrote:
Is a Facebook account required in order to play?

Guess I won't end up going back if that's the case.


Is it hard to make up a new FB account used only for playing the game?
It is what it is
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
May 21 2014 19:19 GMT
#20
On May 22 2014 02:59 Battleaxe wrote:
Keep in mind this is just alpha so once they end it there's almost a 100% guarantee they're going to wipe everything again. Before everyone starts going crazy leveling and whatnot, may want to hold off until at least beta whenever that hits


yeah thats true, guess I wont play until they confirm no wipe
Graphics
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 328
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 202
BRAT_OK 97
ZombieGrub59
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 928
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 202
MaxPax 177
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 91
ZombieGrub59
JuggernautJason54
Nathanias 28
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 680
ggaemo 167
White-Ra 151
firebathero 82
Barracks 61
910 50
Killer 26
Shine 25
Trap 25
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva3656
Counter-Strike
Fnx 792
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0174
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9589
crisheroes1725
Liquid`Hasu1590
Trikslyr63
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4389
summit1g3323
singsing1387
Beastyqt801
shahzam435
B2W.Neo354
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS109
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream422
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 176
• Reevou 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade914
Other Games
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.