• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:13
CEST 05:13
KST 12:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7005 users

[wow] Warlords of Draenor - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 591 Next
Add yourself to the player list
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
November 11 2013 21:30 GMT
#221
On November 12 2013 06:24 farvacola wrote:
The legendary quest chain is a really big pain in the ass; I'm on part 2 on my lock and I've hit the "get 3000 valor points" snag that's fortunately over come tomorrow. If one starts on it fairly soon I can see them finishing in a month or two, but that's gonna take some hella grinding and a fair bit of luck with sigil/secret drops.

Wow we are at the exact same point in the legendary quest chain haha... I am about to hit 3k as well.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 21:38:28
November 11 2013 21:37 GMT
#222
On November 12 2013 06:30 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 06:24 farvacola wrote:
The legendary quest chain is a really big pain in the ass; I'm on part 2 on my lock and I've hit the "get 3000 valor points" snag that's fortunately over come tomorrow. If one starts on it fairly soon I can see them finishing in a month or two, but that's gonna take some hella grinding and a fair bit of luck with sigil/secret drops.

Wow we are at the exact same point in the legendary quest chain haha... I am about to hit 3k as well.

Yeah I began the quest having already earned 25/1000 of my valor for the week so I'm sitting here at 2975 lol. The next part includes winning BG's and stuff so we'll see how that goes.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
November 11 2013 21:47 GMT
#223
For me this expansion is uneasy. On one hand, the lore is so convoluted and terrible I can't imagine getting into it. I want to be engaged in learning about the past Draenor, but I can't help thinking this is just some alternate dimension thing, and their actions really don't matter. It just feels like learning and exploring it doesn't matter since this is like one of the infinite number of Draenors and realities possibly created. I guess we'll have to learn more about how he did it, but if Garrosh did this, why wouldn't Sargeras just do it too? There are so many beings more powerful that could simply pull this on us, and why now? why not during some other time when Azeroth is weaker? It all just opens up too much that should've been left alone. Just keep it to one timeline, one reality...even though we've been through Hyjal and caverns of time stuff, let's just forget about all that and make new stories.

On the other hand, I can really like things like the stat squish and changes to raids. I also like that they're trying to keep things cool by not adding too many game changing things like classes, or new abilities (except talents). That way there isn't this huge clusterfuck of OP in the beginning that they have to work out. I also like that they will reveal more of Draenor as it goes on: Faralohn and the Ogre empire that you can see on the bottom left of the map (not the island, the actual continent). To some extent I can agree with just sweeping the time travel paradoxes under the rug and just enjoying the adventure.

There is something good about their planning for a couple more expansions, it means they probably aren't just throwing out ideas and trying to play the lore on the fly with retcons.
nikj
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada669 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 22:31:11
November 11 2013 21:56 GMT
#224
On November 11 2013 18:19 Pandemona wrote:
So as everyone keeps asking and no one is making.....

Lets Make A Player List!

For both EU and NA, just write down your battle tag if you want people to play with.

Remember this is for Warlords of Draenor specifically, not just Panda land, only post if you will be getting WoD

Three things i need; 1. Battletag 2. Faction 3. NA/EU

With Cross Realm now all you need to be is on a server and be either Horde or Alliance and you can group with anybody in the game


Example;
Panda#2710 - Europe - Horde



Europe List
+ Show Spoiler +

Team Liquid Username - BattleTag - Server - Faction

Pandemona - Panda#2710 - Europe - Horde - [Twisting Nether]


North America List
+ Show Spoiler +

Team Liquid Username - BattleTag - Server - Faction

farvacola - Tren#1762 - Alliance - NA (Akama)
softee - softee#1275 - Alliance - NA [Kil'Jaeden]
Stancel - Stancel#6869 Alliance - NA [Caelestrasz]
Digmouse - digmouse#1608 Alliance - NA [Aerie Peak]
Bluelightz - Matth34#1980 Alliance - NA [Nagrand]
psyq - Mitchoi#6843 Horde - NA - (Area 52)



Playing on my Girlfriends account mostly atm, have a holy priest 530ish ilvl, and a pvp resto druid (7 piece griev, with wep) also have lots of assorted low level toons with looms if anyone is leveling up.

Likely will sub up with my account with WoD but will cross that bridge when we come to it.

nikj -lovemuffinz#1108 - Horde NA (Ner'Zhul)
Y'know sometimes people ask me y'know like "What's your religion and stuff?" And I'm like "y' know it's like RTS." Uh, and they're like, "What's that?" And I'm like, "Y'know it's kinda like, kinda like Buddism."
Spaylz
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan1743 Posts
November 11 2013 22:01 GMT
#225
It seems this is the person helping Garrosh enter the alternate timeline. And according to that same page, it really is an alternate timeline, not a past version of our Draenor. So lame...

To me, it really is disappointing. Roe is right, so many entities are powerful enough to do that kind of stuff. Hell, the OId Gods are supposedly the most powerful beings on Azeroth, and they are pretty much connected to every single plot anyway (the return of Sargeras, the creation of the Nagas, Deathwing, The Emerald Nightmare and so on - speaking of, if the bronze dragonflight has the power to enter alternate timelines, why not just corrupt them instead of the black dragonflight? It just opens up so many plot holes it's ridiculous).

Although for all we know, the Old Gods are actually connected to this as well, it wouldn't surprise me. After all, didn't they corrupt Garrosh with the Sha thing too? (when you tie everything together, it makes you realize how cheap the Blizzard story telling has become)

Anyway... I sound like a total hater, that's just wrong. I'm just an old WC3 hardcore fan, bitter of having seen his favourite game die and its story being butchered, so I need some venting!

Seeing that period of Draenor definitely is interesting though, I just wish it could have been brought about some other way.
I like words.
Malli
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany138 Posts
November 11 2013 22:38 GMT
#226
Metzen proved often enough he isnt able to provide interesting story lines...

Iam still kinda hype for a new WoW expansion.. as usual :D
gg no re
ViperPL
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland1775 Posts
November 11 2013 23:31 GMT
#227
On November 12 2013 07:38 Malli wrote:
Metzen proved often enough he isnt able to provide interesting story lines...

Iam still kinda hype for a new WoW expansion.. as usual :D


I can't believe they still didn't fire his dumb ass after so many stupid ideas. WoD lore is the only thing I really dislike about the expansion. Other features look good enough for me to buy the expansion.
A dota player and lol player walk into a bar. The dota player says: "lol sucks". Lol player couldn't deny. http://i.imgur.com/FpLeTf1.gif
psyq
Profile Joined August 2010
Philippines152 Posts
November 12 2013 00:20 GMT
#228
On November 12 2013 06:37 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 06:30 micronesia wrote:
On November 12 2013 06:24 farvacola wrote:
The legendary quest chain is a really big pain in the ass; I'm on part 2 on my lock and I've hit the "get 3000 valor points" snag that's fortunately over come tomorrow. If one starts on it fairly soon I can see them finishing in a month or two, but that's gonna take some hella grinding and a fair bit of luck with sigil/secret drops.

Wow we are at the exact same point in the legendary quest chain haha... I am about to hit 3k as well.

Yeah I began the quest having already earned 25/1000 of my valor for the week so I'm sitting here at 2975 lol. The next part includes winning BG's and stuff so we'll see how that goes.


I just completed my 3k valor quest line and now I'm on the win 2 BGs!

It's ridiculous how you're questing a PVE line and then you get a quest where you have to win in a PvP.

I can't even win a single BG
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
November 12 2013 02:08 GMT
#229
Horde players shouldn't complain :p
ffxiv enjoyer
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 02:14:15
November 12 2013 02:13 GMT
#230
On November 12 2013 11:08 Stancel wrote:
Horde players shouldn't complain :p


I'm Horde and I'm not complaining because its going to be a very fun and interesting expansion learning so much more stuff. This is the first time in an expansion though that I'm jealous of the Alliance because they actually have the Black Temple before it was the Black Temple as their main city :O
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
November 12 2013 02:15 GMT
#231
I was referring to having to win BGs for the legendary questline, actually.

but Horde players still get goddamn Thrall in WoD, while us Alliance players get some.. guy.
ffxiv enjoyer
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 02:26:31
November 12 2013 02:26 GMT
#232
On November 12 2013 11:15 Stancel wrote:
I was referring to having to win BGs for the legendary questline, actually.

but Horde players still get goddamn Thrall in WoD, while us Alliance players get some.. guy.


Vindicator Maraad? Yeah..... he hasn't been involved with anything to my knowledge since the BC cinematic lol. You guys at least get Khadgar coming with you though.
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
November 12 2013 02:58 GMT
#233
On November 12 2013 11:26 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 11:15 Stancel wrote:
I was referring to having to win BGs for the legendary questline, actually.

but Horde players still get goddamn Thrall in WoD, while us Alliance players get some.. guy.


Vindicator Maraad? Yeah..... he hasn't been involved with anything to my knowledge since the BC cinematic lol. You guys at least get Khadgar coming with you though.

He's been in a lot of the comics and short stories. Most recently he tried to take off in the Exodar after it was repaired so the draenei could go back to planet hopping. Velen stopped him, but only after Maraad beat up some hobos(don't ask).
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 03:45:57
November 12 2013 03:45 GMT
#234
On November 12 2013 09:20 psyq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 06:37 farvacola wrote:
On November 12 2013 06:30 micronesia wrote:
On November 12 2013 06:24 farvacola wrote:
The legendary quest chain is a really big pain in the ass; I'm on part 2 on my lock and I've hit the "get 3000 valor points" snag that's fortunately over come tomorrow. If one starts on it fairly soon I can see them finishing in a month or two, but that's gonna take some hella grinding and a fair bit of luck with sigil/secret drops.

Wow we are at the exact same point in the legendary quest chain haha... I am about to hit 3k as well.

Yeah I began the quest having already earned 25/1000 of my valor for the week so I'm sitting here at 2975 lol. The next part includes winning BG's and stuff so we'll see how that goes.


I just completed my 3k valor quest line and now I'm on the win 2 BGs!

It's ridiculous how you're questing a PVE line and then you get a quest where you have to win in a PvP.

I can't even win a single BG

my quest chain stopped at 890/3000 and I have no plans to complete it as getting valor by solo q'ing LFRs isn't a pleasant experience. Plus I have no further intention of running a BG and expecting being carried a win.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
November 12 2013 06:41 GMT
#235
On November 12 2013 11:58 Daralii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 11:26 Disengaged wrote:
On November 12 2013 11:15 Stancel wrote:
I was referring to having to win BGs for the legendary questline, actually.

but Horde players still get goddamn Thrall in WoD, while us Alliance players get some.. guy.


Vindicator Maraad? Yeah..... he hasn't been involved with anything to my knowledge since the BC cinematic lol. You guys at least get Khadgar coming with you though.

He's been in a lot of the comics and short stories. Most recently he tried to take off in the Exodar after it was repaired so the draenei could go back to planet hopping. Velen stopped him, but only after Maraad beat up some hobos(don't ask).



Also, he is Garonas uncle, Med'ans great-uncle, and member of the reformed Council of Tirisfal.
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
November 12 2013 06:53 GMT
#236
On November 12 2013 15:41 HackBenjamin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 11:58 Daralii wrote:
On November 12 2013 11:26 Disengaged wrote:
On November 12 2013 11:15 Stancel wrote:
I was referring to having to win BGs for the legendary questline, actually.

but Horde players still get goddamn Thrall in WoD, while us Alliance players get some.. guy.


Vindicator Maraad? Yeah..... he hasn't been involved with anything to my knowledge since the BC cinematic lol. You guys at least get Khadgar coming with you though.

He's been in a lot of the comics and short stories. Most recently he tried to take off in the Exodar after it was repaired so the draenei could go back to planet hopping. Velen stopped him, but only after Maraad beat up some hobos(don't ask).



Also, he is Garonas uncle, Med'ans great-uncle, and member of the reformed Council of Tirisfal.

Shhhh, we don't talk about Med'an.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
akatama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Romania982 Posts
November 12 2013 07:41 GMT
#237
For the player list:

Akatama - Sphinx#2651 - Europe - Horde [Draenor]
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-12 09:09:17
November 12 2013 09:03 GMT
#238
Updated to here with all battle tags i have gotten
Click the link in the MOD note to see everyone.

Included Bash too
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Bashnek
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia895 Posts
November 12 2013 09:05 GMT
#239
Bash#6746 - NA - Horde [Blackrock]

Will also Have an Alliane char on Dath'remar (oceanic) once Warlords comes out (free 90 woooo)
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
November 12 2013 09:20 GMT
#240
Who's "the guy behind the guy" Garrosh? (as Metzen put it)

I don't play WoW and only partially follow the WarCraft lore out of older sentiments. But my guess from Metzen's words was - he was talking about the "little friend" that will be opening portals for Garrosh. He spoke about that little friend in a deceptively casual way, yet still mentioned him twice, so I think that's actually the big bad guy to look for. So who's this guy, or is it a new personality perhaps.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 591 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft403
RuFF_SC2 137
Nina 108
-ZergGirl 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2258
Bale 17
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 6
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 431
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox658
Other Games
summit1g8683
JimRising 754
Day[9].tv518
C9.Mang0283
WinterStarcraft279
ViBE179
Maynarde150
Livibee138
Sick123
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1002
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 13
• OhrlRock 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv518
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 47m
Stellar Fest
9h 47m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.