• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:24
CEST 00:24
KST 07:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10104 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 58

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 Next
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
December 10 2014 09:54 GMT
#1141
Ugh character crisis.. I don't know who to play in XRD. The slow speed of the game is really affecting how I play Venom and Sol so I don't know who to play. Milia seems fast so I guess I will try her out but that's my biggest gripe about the game so far is the speed of it.
Twitter: @KingKosi
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
December 10 2014 12:12 GMT
#1142
On December 10 2014 11:31 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 07:40 2stra wrote:
What ever happened to yatagarasu on steam? I thought it was set for release this fall?

I'm still waiting too, looks like the perfect fighter to me, hope it takes off. I'm sure we're close to release as the new characters are complete so now they're polishing and balancing.


what do you see in that game. To me it seems super lame.
And all is illuminated.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-10 13:15:03
December 10 2014 13:06 GMT
#1143
On December 10 2014 21:12 freelander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 11:31 Firkraag8 wrote:
On December 10 2014 07:40 2stra wrote:
What ever happened to yatagarasu on steam? I thought it was set for release this fall?

I'm still waiting too, looks like the perfect fighter to me, hope it takes off. I'm sure we're close to release as the new characters are complete so now they're polishing and balancing.


what do you see in that game. To me it seems super lame.


It's an anime fighter with character design that I like but with the gameplay and mechanics of a Street Fighter game which is also what I preferr over any other. Let me throw the question back to you, what seems so super lame about it?

Edit: It will also feature a good netcode, as opposed to USF4 which is borderline unplayable against most people in ranked.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
December 10 2014 13:57 GMT
#1144
On December 10 2014 21:12 freelander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 11:31 Firkraag8 wrote:
On December 10 2014 07:40 2stra wrote:
What ever happened to yatagarasu on steam? I thought it was set for release this fall?

I'm still waiting too, looks like the perfect fighter to me, hope it takes off. I'm sure we're close to release as the new characters are complete so now they're polishing and balancing.


what do you see in that game. To me it seems super lame.


It's a mix between third strike and kof, good netcode, hand drawn sprites. Sounds pretty cool to me, worth checking out at least.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
December 10 2014 17:25 GMT
#1145
On December 10 2014 22:06 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 21:12 freelander wrote:
On December 10 2014 11:31 Firkraag8 wrote:
On December 10 2014 07:40 2stra wrote:
What ever happened to yatagarasu on steam? I thought it was set for release this fall?

I'm still waiting too, looks like the perfect fighter to me, hope it takes off. I'm sure we're close to release as the new characters are complete so now they're polishing and balancing.


what do you see in that game. To me it seems super lame.


It's an anime fighter with character design that I like but with the gameplay and mechanics of a Street Fighter game which is also what I preferr over any other. Let me throw the question back to you, what seems so super lame about it?

Edit: It will also feature a good netcode, as opposed to USF4 which is borderline unplayable against most people in ranked.


Characters didn't seem interesting to me, no interesting game mechanics (well I watched about 20 minutes of tournament footage, I don't really know much about the game). It's 4:3 which looks bad on modern monitors.
And all is illuminated.
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
December 10 2014 18:09 GMT
#1146
anyone here going to hadocon?
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 10 2014 23:07 GMT
#1147
Ginseng SHOULD be going, imo.

(public shaming into tourney attendance woooooo)
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
December 11 2014 00:54 GMT
#1148
On December 11 2014 02:25 freelander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 22:06 Firkraag8 wrote:
On December 10 2014 21:12 freelander wrote:
On December 10 2014 11:31 Firkraag8 wrote:
On December 10 2014 07:40 2stra wrote:
What ever happened to yatagarasu on steam? I thought it was set for release this fall?

I'm still waiting too, looks like the perfect fighter to me, hope it takes off. I'm sure we're close to release as the new characters are complete so now they're polishing and balancing.


what do you see in that game. To me it seems super lame.


It's an anime fighter with character design that I like but with the gameplay and mechanics of a Street Fighter game which is also what I preferr over any other. Let me throw the question back to you, what seems so super lame about it?

Edit: It will also feature a good netcode, as opposed to USF4 which is borderline unplayable against most people in ranked.


Characters didn't seem interesting to me, no interesting game mechanics (well I watched about 20 minutes of tournament footage, I don't really know much about the game). It's 4:3 which looks bad on modern monitors.


It's not actually 4:3 which will result in stretched image. It has artwork on the edges that will make it widescreen so image will stay sharp. As for mechanics it has guardbreak, parry, supers, EX which looks like a good mix to me. Characterdesign is subjective ofc but i like it and im sure more do.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
December 11 2014 01:28 GMT
#1149
Just picked up my copy of Xrd. Lets goooooooo.
Forever Young
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-11 02:57:53
December 11 2014 02:56 GMT
#1150
On December 11 2014 10:28 sung_moon wrote:
Just picked up my copy of Xrd. Lets goooooooo.

FIGHT ME

(this applies to others who have Xrd in the US / Mexico too! No offense EU / pachi, but I cant deal with thaaat much latency)
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
December 11 2014 08:03 GMT
#1151
On December 11 2014 09:54 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2014 02:25 freelander wrote:
On December 10 2014 22:06 Firkraag8 wrote:
On December 10 2014 21:12 freelander wrote:
On December 10 2014 11:31 Firkraag8 wrote:
On December 10 2014 07:40 2stra wrote:
What ever happened to yatagarasu on steam? I thought it was set for release this fall?

I'm still waiting too, looks like the perfect fighter to me, hope it takes off. I'm sure we're close to release as the new characters are complete so now they're polishing and balancing.


what do you see in that game. To me it seems super lame.


It's an anime fighter with character design that I like but with the gameplay and mechanics of a Street Fighter game which is also what I preferr over any other. Let me throw the question back to you, what seems so super lame about it?

Edit: It will also feature a good netcode, as opposed to USF4 which is borderline unplayable against most people in ranked.


Characters didn't seem interesting to me, no interesting game mechanics (well I watched about 20 minutes of tournament footage, I don't really know much about the game). It's 4:3 which looks bad on modern monitors.


It's not actually 4:3 which will result in stretched image. It has artwork on the edges that will make it widescreen so image will stay sharp. As for mechanics it has guardbreak, parry, supers, EX which looks like a good mix to me. Characterdesign is subjective ofc but i like it and im sure more do.


Well, I'll surely won't buy it as it is now. Maybe if I can try it at someplace, then I might change my opinion.
And all is illuminated.
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
December 11 2014 19:37 GMT
#1152
If any non-EU steam user would be willing to trade me Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend for anything of equal value that would be friggin' sweet, these fukn jokers region locked it but it can be gifted cross-region. I just want to play me some Hakumen ;_;.
knuckle
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
December 11 2014 20:19 GMT
#1153
Never mind, got it off steam trades for half the price that I would have payed through steam itself, ggnore PQube lmfao.
knuckle
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-11 23:24:25
December 11 2014 23:24 GMT
#1154
On December 10 2014 18:54 Kingkosi wrote:
Ugh character crisis.. I don't know who to play in XRD. The slow speed of the game is really affecting how I play Venom and Sol so I don't know who to play. Milia seems fast so I guess I will try her out but that's my biggest gripe about the game so far is the speed of it.


The game needs Jam to feel fast again =3

Seriously tho, haven't played it yet, is it really that much slower than Reload ?
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 11 2014 23:58 GMT
#1155
I have no experience with reload, but it feels a bit slower than AC. Not in a major way imo, and the combo pacing is basically the same. Probably the hardest part is not screwing up your roman cancels with the slowdown now if you've got them built in as muscle memory from old games

I wasn't really a tourney player though, so kosi can probably give better insight for comparisons.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
December 12 2014 04:59 GMT
#1156
Yoooo Xrd is playing real smooth right now. My Venom is on some booty level right now, but fuuuuck is it so fun. Even having fun getting knocked down and blocking mixups vs. Millia's haha.
Forever Young
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
December 12 2014 07:13 GMT
#1157
Millia seems much easier to block than in old times tough.
And all is illuminated.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
December 12 2014 07:29 GMT
#1158
On December 12 2014 05:19 HeatEXTEND wrote:
Never mind, got it off steam trades for half the price that I would have payed through steam itself, ggnore PQube lmfao.


well played Sir
And all is illuminated.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
December 12 2014 07:43 GMT
#1159
On December 12 2014 05:19 HeatEXTEND wrote:
Never mind, got it off steam trades for half the price that I would have payed through steam itself, ggnore PQube lmfao.


Reminds me of how I got Reload for PC
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
December 12 2014 16:46 GMT
#1160
On December 12 2014 16:43 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2014 05:19 HeatEXTEND wrote:
Never mind, got it off steam trades for half the price that I would have payed through steam itself, ggnore PQube lmfao.


Reminds me of how I got Reload for PC


CS:GO keys will soon take over as the most widely used currency on steam lal.
knuckle
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 125
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12167
Artosis 388
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3170
JimRising 564
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox420
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4924
Liquid`Hasu1206
Khaldor1068
Other Games
summit1g7155
shahzam515
FrodaN134
ArmadaUGS93
NeuroSwarm71
Mew2King53
ViBE48
JuggernautJason41
PPMD14
Vindicta3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 34
• davetesta3
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• blackmanpl 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Scarra391
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 37m
Stellar Fest
14h 37m
OSC
23h 37m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.