• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:00
CEST 11:00
KST 18:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7061 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 25

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 60 Next
ShoKakuUtena
Profile Joined May 2011
United States304 Posts
August 01 2013 06:27 GMT
#481
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/438887523?t=4h56m30s

Wasn't smart at all on Chris G's part to attempt to do a non-standard character right after the whole VxG incident, even if he really didn't "collude" with Sanford, also considering that he was using Sakura before Grand Finals. Don't mess with Spooby. XD
世界を革命する力を。
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 06:37:46
August 01 2013 06:36 GMT
#482
Good shit to Spooky on this one. He's been a little nutty lately and I've had some contempt for a bit, but I at least respect this. I love how the people defending it are riding that "so I can't counter pick?" train to death. In real majors, especially in matches that matter, it'll be obvious when someone's got counterpick tech versus when someone is bullshitting. Plus it doesn't help when both fucking players do it LOL. Everyone's like "oh so if I'm in grand finals and I pick a counter to ChrisG's Morrigan I'm been practicing, it's automatically collusion?". NO. Not when it's clearly a good match and ChrisG IS ACTUALLY PLAYING HIS MORRIGAN TEAM. You can't bitch about counterpick argument when both players are picking shit out of left field.
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 10:51:50
August 01 2013 10:50 GMT
#483
Is there actually any evidence that ChrisG hasn't been in the lab with Yang? After the latest Topanga tournament everyone started talking about Yang again, so it's not an outrageous idea that someone would pick him up. Also hopefully nobody is stupid enough to blame Sanford in this, considering Balrog is a common and completely acceptable counterpick to several matchups... hell even Xian picked Balrog in one Evo match.
Nitan
Profile Joined September 2008
United States3401 Posts
August 01 2013 15:51 GMT
#484
On August 01 2013 19:50 Mannerheim wrote:
Is there actually any evidence that ChrisG hasn't been in the lab with Yang? After the latest Topanga tournament everyone started talking about Yang again, so it's not an outrageous idea that someone would pick him up. Also hopefully nobody is stupid enough to blame Sanford in this, considering Balrog is a common and completely acceptable counterpick to several matchups... hell even Xian picked Balrog in one Evo match.


The part where they look at Spooky and laugh right after selecting characters.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 17:18:20
August 01 2013 17:16 GMT
#485
Soo... why must I pre-order a 4-pack of Skullgirls if I want to pre-order the game

Nevermind, some bug with Steam
EZ4ENCE
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
August 01 2013 17:19 GMT
#486
On August 02 2013 02:16 WindWolf wrote:
Soo... why must I pre-order a 4-pack of Skullgirls if I want to pre-order the game=


I can see all three options at least (single, 2 pack, 4 pack).
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 01 2013 17:48 GMT
#487
Well, I bought the pre order, but the games isn't appearing in my library yet =d
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 01 2013 17:53 GMT
#488
On August 02 2013 02:48 Noocta wrote:
Well, I bought the pre order, but the games isn't appearing in my library yet =d

You're not the only one.
But from my experiences, Gaben and Co. fixes these kinds of things eventually.
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 01 2013 18:04 GMT
#489
On August 02 2013 02:53 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 02:48 Noocta wrote:
Well, I bought the pre order, but the games isn't appearing in my library yet =d

You're not the only one.
But from my experiences, Gaben and Co. fixes these kinds of things eventually.


Yeah, it's in the Library now.
No play or install button, and no Beta, but it's progressing ^^
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 01 2013 18:24 GMT
#490
On August 02 2013 03:04 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 02:53 WindWolf wrote:
On August 02 2013 02:48 Noocta wrote:
Well, I bought the pre order, but the games isn't appearing in my library yet =d

You're not the only one.
But from my experiences, Gaben and Co. fixes these kinds of things eventually.


Yeah, it's in the Library now.
No play or install button, and no Beta, but it's progressing ^^

I've played a bit SSF4AE on PC (Hit 300 online matches today ), I'm interested to see how different it is.

I mean, it looks really cool
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 01 2013 18:31 GMT
#491
On August 02 2013 03:24 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 03:04 Noocta wrote:
On August 02 2013 02:53 WindWolf wrote:
On August 02 2013 02:48 Noocta wrote:
Well, I bought the pre order, but the games isn't appearing in my library yet =d

You're not the only one.
But from my experiences, Gaben and Co. fixes these kinds of things eventually.


Yeah, it's in the Library now.
No play or install button, and no Beta, but it's progressing ^^

I've played a bit SSF4AE on PC (Hit 300 online matches today ), I'm interested to see how different it is.

I mean, it looks really cool


It's definitely closer to Marvel than Street Fighter, but it's good fun from what I know.
And the game has the better tutorial series and training mode of any current fighting game.
You can have all the hitboxes and stuff to show up while playing training, it's amazing stuff.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 01 2013 19:11 GMT
#492
Skullgirls ‏@Skullgirls 15m

We're aware that the #Skullgirls Beta isn't showing up in the libraries of pre-purchasers, and are working with Valve to resolve it now.

At least they are working on solving the problem
EZ4ENCE
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
August 01 2013 21:08 GMT
#493
Damn, I was looking forward to play tonight : ( Hope that it will be fixed tomorrow!
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
August 01 2013 21:18 GMT
#494
On August 01 2013 14:43 WindWolf wrote:
Can someone explain what you are talking about? Did I miss some drama?


Last battle circuit Sp00ky literally pulled the plug on the ps3 after chris g locked in yang and sanford locked in balrog in grand finals (and showed that they clearly have no idea how to play those characters). Half an hour later he packed up and skipped marvel.
Fan of the Jangbanger
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
August 01 2013 21:35 GMT
#495
On August 02 2013 06:08 2stra wrote:
Damn, I was looking forward to play tonight : ( Hope that it will be fixed tomorrow!

You can install now
blagoonga123
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2068 Posts
August 01 2013 23:13 GMT
#496
Why is it that match fixing in FGC is so prevalent?

When it was shown that people were doing it in SC2, they seriously banned like 12 of the best and most popular players around. And honestly they deserved it because it really did hurt the scene. Why don't the FGC guys do the same?

Not criticizing or anything, I'm really curious
FOOL! Pain is my friend! Now let me introduce you to it!
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
August 01 2013 23:30 GMT
#497
Pot splitting isn't the same as match fixing, FYI.
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
August 01 2013 23:30 GMT
#498
On August 02 2013 08:13 blagoonga123 wrote:
Why is it that match fixing in FGC is so prevalent?

When it was shown that people were doing it in SC2, they seriously banned like 12 of the best and most popular players around. And honestly they deserved it because it really did hurt the scene. Why don't the FGC guys do the same?

Not criticizing or anything, I'm really curious


The FGC has always been self-policing and have some number of people who are very anti "esports". So when the people doing the self-policing are the ones that are pot-splitting who is there to turn them in? The anti-esports crowd in the FGC also doesn't like having rules changes or big sponsors come in and dictate terms, so you end up in the state where no one is watching the watchers, as it were.

There is no overriding organization or group that controls tournaments, or sponsors or anything like that. EVO and the Road to EVO events are the closest thing the FGC has, but even that is a loose alliance of Tournament Admins who have kind of banded together to help cross-promote. Each event has its own ruleset (though its now getting more and more standard), and the T.O.s at each event are basically the last line of defense against anything shady.

IMO, they should just ban these guys after what they pulled so publicly and stupidly. All it would take is the TOs banding together and enforcing a black list, but I suspect they won't. The FGC is (rightly or wrongly) very proud of its "grass roots" and low oversight. I think people will want it to stay that way as much as they can. Spooky would be well with in his rights to ask those people to never come back to his events at Next Level, but he can't stop them from attending EVO or whatever other majors.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
August 02 2013 00:18 GMT
#499
So this is a thing that seems to happen a bit in Starcraft - the community isn't happy with a player and they go straight to the sponsors. In the SC community everyone hates it. Yet in this case I find myself agreeing with people like Hellpockets who are actively encouraging people to contact sponsors about, specifically, Chris.

I think the major reason is because ChrisG is being such a complete bitch. "I'm ChrisG and you're not." "We already know I'm special. What's your excuse?" "If I get dropped, then what? I'm still gonna do what I do regardless." Generally in SC the sequence is the community gets upset, the player apologizes and the community keeps pitchforking away despite that. Here it's a little different.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
August 02 2013 01:02 GMT
#500
Justin says on stream: "The thing about Chris..." and then, paraphrased, he just doesn't care sometimes. He'll play sometimes really well and then just pick stupid characters because whatever. He compared it to his match against Air, when Justin was focusing on Marvel and didn't think he could win Rufus v Ryu. He blew Air up so it was ok, but what if he hadn't? Would people call it collusion or something?

As for grand finals at VxG, Justin's rationale is that Flocker didn't want to lose to Chris's weird picks with his main team. So he picked something else to protect his ego; if he wins, great, he's something other than a Zero player; if he loses, whatever because he's playing something goofy and dumb. It's about mind games and egotistical players trying to protect themselves.

Whether I buy that... I don't, ultimately. It doesn't justify the situation, even if it does explain it a bit.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 429
Larva 185
Horang2 69
Hyun 54
Killer 47
Bale 41
NotJumperer 39
scan(afreeca) 34
Sharp 31
Hm[arnc] 18
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto114
League of Legends
JimRising 461
Counter-Strike
olofmeister927
edward59
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King118
Other Games
summit1g7925
Coldzera 689
ceh9622
Happy365
crisheroes165
Sick163
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick570
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos1039
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.