• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:08
CEST 19:08
KST 02:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9556 users

Fighting Games 2013-14 [FGC] - Page 24

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 60 Next
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
July 30 2013 11:20 GMT
#461
Pot splitting is fine. Not playing your matches is dumb beyond belief. It hurts any event it happens at, and isn't fair to the organizers etc at all. I have no idea how someone who is sponsored to play fighting games reaches the conclusion that not playing the grand finals of a tournament properly will make their fans and sponsors happy.

Also for the record, most US majors get pot split. Most of the time they just have enough respect to play out the matches for the pride.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
July 30 2013 11:57 GMT
#462
On July 30 2013 20:20 Trumpet wrote:
Pot splitting is fine. Not playing your matches is dumb beyond belief. It hurts any event it happens at, and isn't fair to the organizers etc at all. I have no idea how someone who is sponsored to play fighting games reaches the conclusion that not playing the grand finals of a tournament properly will make their fans and sponsors happy.

Also for the record, most US majors get pot split. Most of the time they just have enough respect to play out the matches for the pride.


I agree for the most part, there needs to be some incentive for players to give the fans a show. The thing is, that responsibility really falls to the TO, not the players. With Evo, there's a lot of prestige associated with being an Evo champion, so everybody plays hard regardless. Some tournaments like Civil War and UFGT give away cool trophies. If you don't want the players to treat your tournament like a joke, offer them a reason not to. It may not stop everybody from giving up in the finals, but it certainly helps.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
July 30 2013 19:04 GMT
#463
On July 30 2013 19:30 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2013 19:16 HeatEXTEND wrote:
On July 30 2013 18:53 Cel.erity wrote:
Two players agree to a pot split and the game no longer has any relevance.


That must be one of the ugliest sentences I have ever read on any forum, ever.


Howso? It was a perfectly clear English sentence.


I was talking substance, not form.
knuckle
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 19:47:14
July 30 2013 19:46 GMT
#464
My only issue is that Chris G is still so god damned full of himself that he feels he's being targeted because of his skill and punished for that; rather than his stupid actions. What a twat.

That being said, I hate pot-splitting. It's a shitty thing to do but is next to impossible to stop. As another poster suggested, the TO's have to add incentive to not doing so (trophy, whatever that can't be split beyond just the prize money). It should also be on the players to show a little more professionalism in this matter. All the good ones have sponsors and understand how many viewers these tournaments get. They're competitors and they're entertainers at the same time. It doesn't mean they have to dance like a monkey, but it does mean they should be trying to win as that's what the fans want to see.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
July 30 2013 20:09 GMT
#465
Imo it's not even about the "fans", stream viewers or sponsors. It's about respecting the game in a competitive setting. Honestly I couldn't give a *BEEP* less if the pot gets split every single time as long as they play it out (I know this opinion has been voiced to death but really it can't be said enough :p).
knuckle
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
July 30 2013 21:23 GMT
#466
On July 31 2013 04:46 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
My only issue is that Chris G is still so god damned full of himself that he feels he's being targeted because of his skill and punished for that; rather than his stupid actions. What a twat.


That's what I got out of it. NO ONE CAN BEAT ME UNLESS I LET THEM! Therefore you banned me! is the attitude I was getting. Which is pretty ridiculous.

So yeah. Nice rules posted on SRK.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-31 19:20:24
July 31 2013 03:30 GMT
#467
On July 31 2013 04:46 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
s another poster suggested, the TO's have to add incentive to not doing so (trophy, whatever that can't be split beyond just the prize money).

I agree with this, but the real losers in this will be smaller tournaments, who cannot (yet) offer a good enough incentive.
It should also be on the players to show a little more professionalism in this matter.

This is why I want every match to be played like it mattered for their survival in a tournament

Good "real sport" example: One year in Sweden's highest ice-hockey league, the club Färjestad had secured their regular-season victory in their second-last game, but when they was about to receive their prize for that before their last regular season match, the captain refused to take the prize and said something like "We haven't won anything yet"


_____

Edit: http://gamepolitics.com/2013/07/31/major-fighting-game-tournaments-add-new-rule-player-collusion#.Ufli522JI-k

I really like that action is being taken against this kind of things.
EZ4ENCE
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
August 01 2013 03:54 GMT
#468
It is going DOWN at NLBC and I'm not talking about the specific gameplay........

Literally Spooky pulled the plug midway during grand finals when Sanford/Chris G looked directly at Spooky and just picked whatever characters........
Forever Young
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
August 01 2013 04:07 GMT
#469
Spooky was pretty much a dick to top members of the FGC, but I don't have a problem with it. Spooky has stated in the past his stance against collusion, and he acted on it in an immature manner, but you could tell he was too angry to care (he said so many times). I'm not sure collusion in that situation was worse than how awkward Spooky made the stream for a good 10 minutes.

End of the day, the FGC suffers.
Hey! How you doin'?
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
August 01 2013 04:10 GMT
#470
On August 01 2013 13:07 Zdrastochye wrote:
Spooky was pretty much a dick to top members of the FGC, but I don't have a problem with it. Spooky has stated in the past his stance against collusion, and he acted on it in an immature manner, but you could tell he was too angry to care (he said so many times). I'm not sure collusion in that situation was worse than how awkward Spooky made the stream for a good 10 minutes.

End of the day, the FGC suffers.


I think it's all for the better. There needs to be a kick in the pants and shit like this to happen to fix the problem. It's better that it's happening during a Wednesday night circuit instead of a bit tournament with 30k viewers. I don't love how either party handled it, but that isn't to say I'm not glad it happened.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 01 2013 04:17 GMT
#471
Did I miss something?
EZ4ENCE
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
August 01 2013 04:19 GMT
#472
On August 01 2013 13:10 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 13:07 Zdrastochye wrote:
Spooky was pretty much a dick to top members of the FGC, but I don't have a problem with it. Spooky has stated in the past his stance against collusion, and he acted on it in an immature manner, but you could tell he was too angry to care (he said so many times). I'm not sure collusion in that situation was worse than how awkward Spooky made the stream for a good 10 minutes.

End of the day, the FGC suffers.


I think it's all for the better. There needs to be a kick in the pants and shit like this to happen to fix the problem. It's better that it's happening during a Wednesday night circuit instead of a bit tournament with 30k viewers. I don't love how either party handled it, but that isn't to say I'm not glad it happened.


I'd side with Spooky long before the primadona players, but there's gonna be so much fallout from this incident alone. Chris Hu said he doesn't want to come back ever (prob empty threat but we'll see), Spooky himself is doubting that he should stream tournies anymore just because of this incident. There's obviously going to be big problems from it, but it comes from literally sitting down and having talks between the players and the tournament organizers beforehand. Leaving it up in the air just asks to have stupid flamewars like this that won't solve anything.

You're an idiot if you think tonight will get anything REAL changing, it'll be much more of a shitstorm before something actually changes, and it makes me sad.
Hey! How you doin'?
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 04:26:30
August 01 2013 04:25 GMT
#473
On August 01 2013 13:19 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 13:10 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
On August 01 2013 13:07 Zdrastochye wrote:
Spooky was pretty much a dick to top members of the FGC, but I don't have a problem with it. Spooky has stated in the past his stance against collusion, and he acted on it in an immature manner, but you could tell he was too angry to care (he said so many times). I'm not sure collusion in that situation was worse than how awkward Spooky made the stream for a good 10 minutes.

End of the day, the FGC suffers.


I think it's all for the better. There needs to be a kick in the pants and shit like this to happen to fix the problem. It's better that it's happening during a Wednesday night circuit instead of a bit tournament with 30k viewers. I don't love how either party handled it, but that isn't to say I'm not glad it happened.


I'd side with Spooky long before the primadona players, but there's gonna be so much fallout from this incident alone. Chris Hu said he doesn't want to come back ever (prob empty threat but we'll see), Spooky himself is doubting that he should stream tournies anymore just because of this incident. There's obviously going to be big problems from it, but it comes from literally sitting down and having talks between the players and the tournament organizers beforehand. Leaving it up in the air just asks to have stupid flamewars like this that won't solve anything.

You're an idiot if you think tonight will get anything REAL changing, it'll be much more of a shitstorm before something actually changes, and it makes me sad.


Oh I definitely agree. But this gets the conversation continued. VXG was a start and a second incident so soon afterward keeps it fresh in the mind of the community. Keeping the shitstorm in the open, even if it's only a small squall, will keep it moving the ball slowly forward until the straw that'll break the ole' camel's back.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
August 01 2013 04:31 GMT
#474
On August 01 2013 13:25 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 13:19 Zdrastochye wrote:
On August 01 2013 13:10 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
On August 01 2013 13:07 Zdrastochye wrote:
Spooky was pretty much a dick to top members of the FGC, but I don't have a problem with it. Spooky has stated in the past his stance against collusion, and he acted on it in an immature manner, but you could tell he was too angry to care (he said so many times). I'm not sure collusion in that situation was worse than how awkward Spooky made the stream for a good 10 minutes.

End of the day, the FGC suffers.


I think it's all for the better. There needs to be a kick in the pants and shit like this to happen to fix the problem. It's better that it's happening during a Wednesday night circuit instead of a bit tournament with 30k viewers. I don't love how either party handled it, but that isn't to say I'm not glad it happened.


I'd side with Spooky long before the primadona players, but there's gonna be so much fallout from this incident alone. Chris Hu said he doesn't want to come back ever (prob empty threat but we'll see), Spooky himself is doubting that he should stream tournies anymore just because of this incident. There's obviously going to be big problems from it, but it comes from literally sitting down and having talks between the players and the tournament organizers beforehand. Leaving it up in the air just asks to have stupid flamewars like this that won't solve anything.

You're an idiot if you think tonight will get anything REAL changing, it'll be much more of a shitstorm before something actually changes, and it makes me sad.


Oh I definitely agree. But this gets the conversation continued. VXG was a start and a second incident so soon afterward keeps it fresh in the mind of the community. Keeping the shitstorm in the open, even if it's only a small squall, will keep it moving the ball slowly forward until the straw that'll break the ole' camel's back.


Well since we're agreeing with each other I won't continue posting, but I will point out a second time that I hope that Spooky and the like don't blow up the scene to the point that it looks toxic on BOTH sides to sponsors, thereby shrinking FGC. I'm not the biggest FGC fan, and I don't pretend to be, but I know what it's about and I'd love it to stick around forever ideally. I know it's not in jeopardy because of pot-splitting, which has been happening almost since the FGC was born, but I hope it doesn't considerably shrink the community just because the gamers are too stupid to realize they're hurting their own futures by continuing this.

Just fucking play your best.
Hey! How you doin'?
Nitan
Profile Joined September 2008
United States3401 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 05:09:43
August 01 2013 04:41 GMT
#475
The FGC is already toxic to sponsors and taking a firm stance against half-assed matches because of collusion can only help things.

I can understand pot splitting. There's not that much money to be made, people got to eat. Colluding to do half-assed matches though? That's just unacceptable.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
August 01 2013 04:55 GMT
#476
Lmao, Sp00ky soooooooooooooo salty. Real talk tho anyone would be salty from watching that. Holy god, i prolly have a better Rog than sanford. Jab jab jab jab headbutt. Can't confirm a normal dash overhead (the fact that that shit hits alone...).

Real talk, niggas have to wake the fuck up. I know the arcade culture wasn't the most profound example of professionalism, but still, they're all sponsored players and they probably have never played in an actual arcade since like, CF closed down. what sp00ky did was a step forward, and didn't hurt anything since the collusion situation really can't get any worse lately.

Can't wait till the Triforce blowup tho, it's gonna happen. Gotta suck up to sanford lol.

Fan of the Jangbanger
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 01 2013 05:43 GMT
#477
Can someone explain what you are talking about? Did I miss some drama?
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 01 2013 06:02 GMT
#478
On August 01 2013 14:43 WindWolf wrote:
Can someone explain what you are talking about? Did I miss some drama?


VxG Marvel finals pot split.
Spooky not happy.
Most tournament , EB and SRK to ban the thing.

From what I understand atleast
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Nitan
Profile Joined September 2008
United States3401 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 06:06:52
August 01 2013 06:04 GMT
#479
On August 01 2013 14:43 WindWolf wrote:
Can someone explain what you are talking about? Did I miss some drama?


Come on buddy, it's on the same page.

On August 01 2013 12:54 sung_moon wrote:
It is going DOWN at NLBC and I'm not talking about the specific gameplay........

Literally Spooky pulled the plug midway during grand finals when Sanford/Chris G looked directly at Spooky and just picked whatever characters........


This post kinda hides exactly how stupid these guys were though. Like, they looked and laughed at him as they half-assed the grand finals.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 01 2013 06:09 GMT
#480
On August 01 2013 15:02 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 14:43 WindWolf wrote:
Can someone explain what you are talking about? Did I miss some drama?


VxG Marvel finals pot split.
Spooky not happy.
Most tournament , EB and SRK to ban the thing.

From what I understand atleast

It was the spooky thing I did not understand, can someone link me or explain just that point better
EZ4ENCE
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 230
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 117
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3698
Bisu 1906
Soulkey 1161
EffOrt 723
Mini 533
Larva 344
Horang2 239
ZerO 238
actioN 160
Dewaltoss 153
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 153
hero 89
Sharp 78
Mind 75
Shinee 56
Sea.KH 52
sorry 49
Snow 40
Hyun 39
Barracks 36
Bale 29
Trap 24
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 20
NaDa 17
Rock 15
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5870
Dendi1394
XaKoH 371
420jenkins364
League of Legends
Reynor67
Counter-Strike
fl0m3866
x6flipin1307
pashabiceps720
Fnx 655
edward26
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu242
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1462
Grubby1207
hiko831
FrodaN579
XBOCT238
Livibee215
TKL 125
C9.Mang0110
QueenE92
Mew2King40
ZerO(Twitch)25
RotterdaM18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 72
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV685
League of Legends
• Nemesis3850
• TFBlade825
Other Games
• Shiphtur528
• imaqtpie106
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 52m
Patches Events
22h 52m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.