• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9265 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 33

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 93 Next
Wurstbrot
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany89 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 16:08:33
April 21 2012 16:08 GMT
#641
On April 21 2012 06:56 Empire.Beastyqt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.


You might want to play WoW buddy.


No, thats way to casual and the community are 13yo kids and bad girls.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 21 2012 16:11 GMT
#642
On April 22 2012 01:08 Wurstbrot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 06:56 Empire.Beastyqt wrote:
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.


You might want to play WoW buddy.


No, thats way to casual and the community are 13yo kids and bad girls.

Do you really think GW2 will APPEAR any different?
Moderator
Wurstbrot
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany89 Posts
April 22 2012 08:56 GMT
#643
Probably not, thats why I don't play MMOs anymore. WoW destroyed the whole genre. Now everyone is only making casual-mmos that you can play with your left foot.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 22 2012 10:12 GMT
#644
On April 22 2012 17:56 Wurstbrot wrote:
Probably not, thats why I don't play MMOs anymore. WoW destroyed the whole genre. Now everyone is only making casual-mmos that you can play with your left foot.


It would seem that your idea of "casual" is a little off what everybody else thinks.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 22 2012 10:18 GMT
#645
On April 22 2012 17:56 Wurstbrot wrote:
Probably not, thats why I don't play MMOs anymore. WoW destroyed the whole genre. Now everyone is only making casual-mmos that you can play with your left foot.

You can either approach GW2 with an open mind or you can approach it with an elitist attitude. I assure you that if you approach it with the latter then you will manage to find many faults in the game.
Moderator
Avean
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway449 Posts
April 22 2012 11:17 GMT
#646
On April 22 2012 17:56 Wurstbrot wrote:
Probably not, thats why I don't play MMOs anymore. WoW destroyed the whole genre. Now everyone is only making casual-mmos that you can play with your left foot.


What is not casual for you ? You really want MMO's where youre wasting 1000hours of your time grinding items and equipment ? That was WoW and the reason why i didnt play it. Guild Wars 2 seem to take a more mature and realistic approach to it. Its more about the FUN. There is no grind here, its better quest system and more dynamic enviroment than we have ever seen in a game. Also the combat is semi twitch based, so you can move away from ranged shots and be active on the combat field. Its doing the genre 100x better.
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
April 22 2012 12:07 GMT
#647
On April 22 2012 20:17 Avean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2012 17:56 Wurstbrot wrote:
Probably not, thats why I don't play MMOs anymore. WoW destroyed the whole genre. Now everyone is only making casual-mmos that you can play with your left foot.


What is not casual for you ? You really want MMO's where youre wasting 1000hours of your time grinding items and equipment ? That was WoW and the reason why i didnt play it. Guild Wars 2 seem to take a more mature and realistic approach to it. Its more about the FUN. There is no grind here, its better quest system and more dynamic enviroment than we have ever seen in a game. Also the combat is semi twitch based, so you can move away from ranged shots and be active on the combat field. Its doing the genre 100x better.


This!

and btw, stop replying to that guy, it's obvious he's just here to badmouth since he doesn't like modern MMO's.

Troll, please gtfo
Whargarbl
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-22 18:33:18
April 22 2012 18:32 GMT
#648
Hey guys, I'll be there for the first beta weekend but I have to leave after that and go to Israel where I will not have my own rig or internet connection.
It is possible for me to find something to play GW2 with but I highly doubt it, so count on me missing events for a month.

I hope to see you all during the first beta weekend!
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-23 12:28:46
April 23 2012 12:27 GMT
#649
8/50! Wohoo! Progress! ... Yea, I know it's not all that amazing, but it feels good to see the numbers going up.

Finished Prophecies and Eye of The North. Got my Imperial Phoenix and Animal Companion statues. Got all the Elite Skills i wanted for me and my Necro Heroes. Got Summon Spirits (seriously op!) Now I'm going through the Factions and Nightfall missons again, picking up hard mode masters and a few of the normal-mode masters that I missed.

I'm not sure if it's the most efficient way to do it or not (probably not), but I've been farming faction points (both Luxon and Kurzick) through PvP competitive missions; Fort Aspenwood mostly. It feels like you get the faction points really fast this way, but on the other hand, it's not really helping me progress through other areas of the game. I really needed a break from just questing and farming mobs though, it was starting to get a bit tiresome. Especially Prophecies. My word. Some of those quests were extremely tedious to say the least.

I'm enjoying the Competitive PvP Missions, although I haven't tried arena PvP yet.
freestalker
Profile Joined March 2010
469 Posts
April 23 2012 13:16 GMT
#650
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.

Yeah, I also got SC2 and only played multiplayer. Playing campaign doesn't give me any better units in multiplayer so meh, what's the point of making it fair, I'd rather get a superthor for finishing the campaign on brutal with all achievements to pwn on ladder against those that didn't do it, LOLOLOL
topoulo
Profile Joined September 2011
253 Posts
April 23 2012 16:42 GMT
#651
What effect more can pve has into a " pvp " game.

fyi pve gives the gear in guild wars 2 to pvp with whats more u want - least in wvw ,

On the other hand what pvp gives exactly in gw2?
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7420 Posts
April 24 2012 20:45 GMT
#652
On April 23 2012 22:16 freestalker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.

Yeah, I also got SC2 and only played multiplayer. Playing campaign doesn't give me any better units in multiplayer so meh, what's the point of making it fair, I'd rather get a superthor for finishing the campaign on brutal with all achievements to pwn on ladder against those that didn't do it, LOLOLOL


Thats actually a really nice comparison
+1



So hyped for this :D
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
April 24 2012 21:05 GMT
#653
Ok, so I decided to get the game on release, to have the experience of a brand new game, save myself from spoils, xD.
So, have you guys started the beta? Is the game what we expected?
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 24 2012 22:03 GMT
#654
On April 25 2012 06:05 Steveling wrote:
Ok, so I decided to get the game on release, to have the experience of a brand new game, save myself from spoils, xD.
So, have you guys started the beta? Is the game what we expected?

I believe that all the beta testers until now are still under NDA. This weekend's beta weekend is the first one that testers are allowed to go out and show off everything about the game.
Moderator
Moxi
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
708 Posts
April 24 2012 22:28 GMT
#655
I can't decide if I shall get TERA or Guild Wars 2. I know this is the thread for Guild Wars 2 and all but any tips?
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 07:56:47
April 24 2012 23:48 GMT
#656
Err, buy both?

I do not know much about TERA though but imo there aren't many publishers I can name that I hold in higher regard than Anet, your 60 bucks will not be wasted.

Look and compare the games, ask yourself which seems like the game you'd have most fun in and buy it.

FB I read that NDA is off now, you can talk about GW2 as much as you'd like and I googled this random site that confirms it
http://countingdownto.com/countdown/37040

EDIT2:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/when-nda-lifted-t32731.html
So I was wrong, Embargo is lifted, press can talk about beta but player testers are still under NDA.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 25 2012 05:46 GMT
#657
http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2

So we'd better decide on a Home World soon, if we want to play WvW together (which, I hope, many of us do). My vote goes for us playing on Kodash... Just because... >.>
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 25 2012 06:47 GMT
#658
At this very moment I have downloaded 85% of the game client. It's 12GB for anyone that's wondering.

By the way I noticed my login email was still a @plaync email address. Anyone know how I can convert that into my usual @gmail.com? I'm guessing just contact customer support.
Moderator
Slacker
Profile Joined March 2010
Finland32 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 07:43:23
April 25 2012 07:42 GMT
#659
Is the beta client under account and game clients ? If so, mine is unavailable and the forums do not work for me, I can log in but none of the links or searches do anything.
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
April 25 2012 07:52 GMT
#660
Yeah, Kodash has a nice ring to it and we might as well play the beta on it, see what happens.

The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason98
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1043
ZZZero.O 159
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm108
League of Legends
Doublelift4894
JimRising 641
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7064
Other Games
summit1g10179
FrodaN3145
KnowMe219
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie991
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
32m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 32m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 32m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.