• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:21
CEST 07:21
KST 14:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7112 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 35

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 93 Next
freestalker
Profile Joined March 2010
469 Posts
April 25 2012 14:16 GMT
#681
So after I finished with EVE for yesterday just before I went to sleep (about 2am) I got the e-mail, so I got hyped and started the download, falling asleep while watching Destiny play in a tournament.. I fell asleep. Then I woke up with the GW2 login screen mid-night (around 5am) with music playing and I was like.. WOAH WOAH WHATS GOING ON WHATS THIS WHERE AM I.. lol.. so I shut it down in a panic. Then I realized again and started it up just to try to log in (because I noticed the 'online' tag there and thought it was a status of server and not what it really is).. so I tried to log in.. and nothing (ofc ) but I turned the pc off happy I am ready for the weekend and passed out again.. lol.
freakeh
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom314 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 14:47:39
April 25 2012 14:46 GMT
#682
I intend to play this week end aswell, I presume that the majority of people will be playing on the US servers from TL?

Edit: just looked at the thread title, is there a certain server on EU that we are all going to playing on ?
Baituri
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1501 Posts
April 25 2012 14:52 GMT
#683
I vote for Whiteside Ridge. Since the EU part of Reddit will probably join there. Since I was playing in the GW1 guild of Reddit, most of the people there are really friendly.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/srmfg/homeworlds_of_various_online_communities_for/

The above link has a post where all the online communities will probably play.
sinii
Profile Joined August 2010
England989 Posts
April 25 2012 14:56 GMT
#684
On April 25 2012 23:52 Baituri wrote:
I vote for Whiteside Ridge. Since the EU part of Reddit will probably join there. Since I was playing in the GW1 guild of Reddit, most of the people there are really friendly.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/srmfg/homeworlds_of_various_online_communities_for/

The above link has a post where all the online communities will probably play.


Sounds good to me!
iNViCiOUZ
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany364 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 14:59:16
April 25 2012 14:58 GMT
#685
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/srmfg/homeworlds_of_various_online_communities_for/

Here is a List of communities and their choices.
I would stay away from everything that has a 4chan behind it and a specific language.
I think of Whiteside or Riverside. But maybe i have to join Elona Reach when I want to play with some friends.

Edit: haha seems I am late :D
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
April 25 2012 15:02 GMT
#686
Beta charachters aren't saved right? So making whatever for "beta" is just always to check the game out and never to take it fourth into the live release of the game. So why is the point of making stuff on beta realms?
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Baituri
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1501 Posts
April 25 2012 15:04 GMT
#687
Because these communities will probably use their beta servers as their live servers. Some servers are already "claimed" as RP servers and others are "claimed" by some countries. Some servers will probably have loads of Russians or French people and that will be the language that will be spoken most of the time.

I'd like to be in a English speaking server (Even if I am Dutch) because that is more fun for me.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 25 2012 15:14 GMT
#688
I think Whiteside Ridge is the best option. Not "claimed" by a nationality, has the main reddit community AND Gametrailers, will probably be a worthwhile server. Plenty of people means good WvWvW as well.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 25 2012 15:16 GMT
#689
On April 25 2012 23:06 Valashu wrote:
Pantythief'll give an update for Teamspeak soon, Irninja from Legacy is helping us a lot, we'll probably have several channels within their TS.


Well he's not replying, so, I don't know anymore.

Also, I can't join you in this weekend. Something came up, so, I'm sorry.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Baituri
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1501 Posts
April 25 2012 15:21 GMT
#690
On April 26 2012 00:14 IMABUNNEH wrote:
I think Whiteside Ridge is the best option. Not "claimed" by a nationality, has the main reddit community AND Gametrailers, will probably be a worthwhile server. Plenty of people means good WvWvW as well.

Exactly, it also has a boring name. Which means that it will not be flooded with 12 year olds.
eltese
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden369 Posts
April 25 2012 15:25 GMT
#691
This sounds awesome. I have pre-ordered the game so should be alot of fun. If a guild gets formed I would sure love to get in on that.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
April 25 2012 15:29 GMT
#692
On April 26 2012 00:25 eltese wrote:
This sounds awesome. I have pre-ordered the game so should be alot of fun. If a guild gets formed I would sure love to get in on that.


I hope you mean you pre-purchased it. >_<
ydeer1993
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom569 Posts
April 25 2012 15:36 GMT
#693
I downloaded the client and it stoppd at 99% with 2files left >.< had to restart
**MMA** - MVP - Seed !
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 16:07:12
April 25 2012 16:02 GMT
#694
Ok, since there's only really two days to decide, and people have their own preferences, I think it's time for a poll.

+ Show Spoiler [Poll 1] +
Poll: Which EU server should we choose as our "Home World"?

Kodash (5)
 
63%

Underworld (2)
 
25%

Petrified Forest (1)
 
13%

Kodonur (0)
 
0%

Gandara (0)
 
0%

Blacktide (0)
 
0%

Istan (0)
 
0%

Vabbi (0)
 
0%

Kourna (0)
 
0%

Fissure of Woe (0)
 
0%

Ring of Fire (0)
 
0%

Far Shiverpeaks (0)
 
0%

8 total votes

Your vote: Which EU server should we choose as our "Home World"?

(Vote): Kodonur
(Vote): Gandara
(Vote): Kodash
(Vote): Blacktide
(Vote): Istan
(Vote): Vabbi
(Vote): Kourna
(Vote): Fissure of Woe
(Vote): Underworld
(Vote): Ring of Fire
(Vote): Far Shiverpeaks
(Vote): Petrified Forest



And for the rest of the options (too many for one poll):
+ Show Spoiler [Poll 2] +
Poll: Which EU server should we choose as our "Home World"? Part 2

Whiteside Ridge (14)
 
93%

Aurora Glade (1)
 
7%

Jade Sea (0)
 
0%

Desolation (0)
 
0%

Magus Falls (0)
 
0%

Fort Ranik (0)
 
0%

Ruins of Surmia (0)
 
0%

Sharp’s Corner (0)
 
0%

Riverside (0)
 
0%

Elona Reach (0)
 
0%

Augury Rock (0)
 
0%

Abaddon’s Mouth (0)
 
0%

15 total votes

Your vote: Which EU server should we choose as our "Home World"? Part 2

(Vote): Jade Sea
(Vote): Desolation
(Vote): Magus Falls
(Vote): Whiteside Ridge
(Vote): Fort Ranik
(Vote): Ruins of Surmia
(Vote): Sharp’s Corner
(Vote): Aurora Glade
(Vote): Riverside
(Vote): Elona Reach
(Vote): Augury Rock
(Vote): Abaddon’s Mouth




Ok, my thought process behind "Kodash" is:

-It's not the first or last options (the ones that people might automatically pick).
-It's not one of the 'badass' sounding servers (like "Underworld", "Fissure of Woe", "Abaddon's Mouth", "Desolation", etc) that will entice a lot of kiddies.
-It's easy to abbreviate, eg. KD, KDSH, KDash, K-, etc.
-It doesn't have any real-world racial connotations, eg. Whiteside or Blacktide.
-It doesn't have any GW1 faction connotations, like "Jade Sea" (Luxon faction, mostly).

Of course, this isn't the only one that fits my personal criteria, but it was my primary choice. I am, of course, certainly flexible and willing to go with whatever TL decides.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 25 2012 16:08 GMT
#695
Whiteside will have a large community (everyone knows what happens to small community servers in MMOS), a nice community (Reddit + TL), a name that won't attract loads of kids.

The fact that you saw the words white and black and saw racial connotations as opposed to colours potentially speaks a lot about you though.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 16:15:30
April 25 2012 16:11 GMT
#696
On April 26 2012 01:08 IMABUNNEH wrote:
The fact that you saw the words white and black and saw racial connotations as opposed to colours potentially speaks a lot about you though.


Lol calm down bro. I'm just trying to think of all the possible reasons why certain servers might attract the wrong kinds of people.

edit - I know it's a stretch and I know it seems like reading too much into things, but considering we'll likely have to pay real money to change our home-worlds after choosing one, I want to explore every possible way to eliminate the choices.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
April 25 2012 16:15 GMT
#697
On April 26 2012 01:11 jtype wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 01:08 IMABUNNEH wrote:
The fact that you saw the words white and black and saw racial connotations as opposed to colours potentially speaks a lot about you though.


Lol calm down bro. I'm just trying to think of all the possible reasons why certain servers might attract the wrong kinds of people.



We don't need to talk about this really since it's irrelevent to the topic at hand, but I think this is a silly factor.


I like Kodash, but with no community having "claimed" it on Reddit (as of yet), I wouldn't want to end up on a dead server.

Obviously beta server doesn't have to be where we stay, but I think going where there is apparently nobody of note (so far, I know they only went up today) doesn't seem like the BEST plan
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 16:20:05
April 25 2012 16:18 GMT
#698
I honestly don't think that server population, or lack of it, is going to be an issue. I could be wrong though.

edit- And they're all 'silly factors', btw. We're choosing a server for a game, based on their names. Lol.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 16:27:48
April 25 2012 16:26 GMT
#699
On April 26 2012 01:18 jtype wrote:
I honestly don't think that server population, or lack of it, is going to be an issue. I could be wrong though.

edit- And they're all 'silly factors', btw. We're choosing a server for a game, based on their names. Lol.


I'm choosing it based on how many people I think might populate it. Underpopulated server = shitty WvW. Reddit + TL combined server = unlikely to be underpopulated or short of reasonable players

EDIT: And it's highly possible population is. As much as this looks like the best game in the history of forever, I've played a lot of the big MMOs from launch, too many to be TOO optimistic. The lack of the sub fee is pretty damn helpful at least.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 16:36:12
April 25 2012 16:34 GMT
#700
Yea, I mean it's definitely worth considering that as a possibility. I don't want to play on a dead server either. However, several of the accounts (anecdotal evidence incoming) I've heard from people who've played GW2 already have frequently mentioned the large amounts of people and how well the overflow system works. So, I guess that if there's been a need for overflow servers already, pre-BWE, then either aNet are doing something really wrong, or there's gonna be a massive player-base.

Given that, as you say, the Reddit GW community have claimed it and are a nice bunch, that's definitely points in favor of Whiteside Ridge.
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1267
910 103
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 62
Bale 36
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto21
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King358
Other Games
summit1g7255
Coldzera 732
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft371
PiGStarcraft241
C9.Mang0239
NeuroSwarm158
ViBE2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2154
League of Legends
• Lourlo1089
• Rush1052
• Stunt324
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 39m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 39m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 39m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.