• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:22
CEST 07:22
KST 14:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7106 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 93 Next
Wurstbrot
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany89 Posts
April 20 2012 11:19 GMT
#621
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
April 20 2012 11:23 GMT
#622
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.

I respect your opinion, but I'm sure the vast majority of players disagree, it was considered a big problem in WoW that PvE guild players could use their imba PvE items to mess up PvP, and obviously the other way around, that PvP items were used in PvE content.
Deleted User 45971
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
533 Posts
April 20 2012 11:25 GMT
#623
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.


PvE has a significant effect on WvWvW. You only get max level and gear in competitive/structured PvP.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 20 2012 11:28 GMT
#624
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.

This was the way it was in WoW, and it ended up as PvE having a huuuuge effect on PvP. People were often forced to raid just to get an item to help in PvP. I don't want that at all.
Moderator
ydeer1993
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom569 Posts
April 20 2012 13:48 GMT
#625
Is the beta started today? because i pre-purchased n not received any emails about it!
**MMA** - MVP - Seed !
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
April 20 2012 13:52 GMT
#626
On April 20 2012 22:48 ydeer1993 wrote:
Is the beta started today? because i pre-purchased n not received any emails about it!

No, first beta event is the 27th.
ydeer1993
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom569 Posts
April 20 2012 14:00 GMT
#627
On April 20 2012 22:52 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 22:48 ydeer1993 wrote:
Is the beta started today? because i pre-purchased n not received any emails about it!

No, first beta event is the 27th.


Ok thanks, cant wait!
**MMA** - MVP - Seed !
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 20 2012 14:30 GMT
#628
On April 20 2012 18:14 Lowko wrote:
Just got done making a little video about the upcoming beta event. :D



Great video Lowko, but, no shoutout to us? I am disapoint. ;-)
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 20 2012 20:55 GMT
#629
I was just watching the latest GuildCast (not that I've seen any others though, lol, I just saw it endorsed on the GW2 twitter) and the host of the show just plugged a voice chat system called C3.

Apparently it works just like teamspeak and ventrilo, except you can set up servers with unlimited channels for free. I wonder if that might be of use to us here? Here's the link to the site, anyway - http://www.downloadc3.com/communicate/
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 20 2012 21:02 GMT
#630
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.


PvP in Guild Wars has PvEvP elements.

PvP and PvE will never be the same.

PvE affecting PvP is PvP.

PvP affecting PvE is called World-PvP and is PvE.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
April 20 2012 21:14 GMT
#631
On April 20 2012 20:28 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.

This was the way it was in WoW, and it ended up as PvE having a huuuuge effect on PvP. People were often forced to raid just to get an item to help in PvP. I don't want that at all.


Agreed. Keep them seperate and let people play what they want without having to do the other. I don't see anyone could possibly argue the point that this is a bad thing.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 21:37:08
April 20 2012 21:33 GMT
#632
On April 20 2012 20:28 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.

This was the way it was in WoW, and it ended up as PvE having a huuuuge effect on PvP. People were often forced to raid just to get an item to help in PvP. I don't want that at all.


That's exactly what I want. That's the main reason for me that WoW was so great back in Vanilla. I loved the idea of killing and taking the weapons and gear of the strongest bosses in the world to become a demigod and crush everyone in PvP...

I got the impression most people (not just me) hated it when blizz changed it to PvPing for PvP gear

jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 20 2012 21:42 GMT
#633
Overall I'm just hoping that PvP remains fun, easily accessible at all times and balanced.
Beastyqt
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Serbia516 Posts
April 20 2012 21:56 GMT
#634
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.


You might want to play WoW buddy.
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Beastyqt YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/beastyqtsc2
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-20 22:28:15
April 20 2012 22:27 GMT
#635
I think most people on TeamLiquid have come from an SC or SC2 background, where they've been used to some of the most balanced PvP available in any game and, as such, apply that experience and those standards to other games they play. I know I do. Whenever I see a game that gets it wrong it turns me off it completely.

PvP and PvE, if there's going to be any semblance of balance and competitive viability, need to remain separate. You should not be able to grind gear outside of structured PvP that gives you any form of advantage over other players. I think Guild Wars have not only done the right thing in separating the two, but they've gone a step further in providing WvW, which actually manages a compromise. Given the amount of people that will be in these WvW battles, the small gains to be had by one or two people having better gear, will be cancelled out by sheer force of numbers and teamwork.

If you want to just roll people with ease all the time, then you shouldn't really be playing any form of competitive gaming, as the whole point of it is (in most cases), to offer a balanced challenge; matching players of equal skill.

Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
April 20 2012 22:35 GMT
#636
On April 21 2012 06:33 Seldentar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2012 20:28 Firebolt145 wrote:
On April 20 2012 20:19 Wurstbrot wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:53 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 20 2012 16:26 Wurstbrot wrote:
I played the last 2 beta-weekends and I'm not impressed at all. The gameplay is OK, but the PvE-system is a pointless joke. Why level a char through bad grinding quests, when you can just make a Level1 Char and PvP with your Level80 Full-Equipped PvP Char?
I really don't get the hype about GW2.

Because... you want to play PvE, not PvP?


I want that PvE has an effect on PvP. Right now PvE is completly senseless.

This was the way it was in WoW, and it ended up as PvE having a huuuuge effect on PvP. People were often forced to raid just to get an item to help in PvP. I don't want that at all.


That's exactly what I want. That's the main reason for me that WoW was so great back in Vanilla. I loved the idea of killing and taking the weapons and gear of the strongest bosses in the world to become a demigod and crush everyone in PvP...

I got the impression most people (not just me) hated it when blizz changed it to PvPing for PvP gear


You can do that in WvW.

The point of structured PvP is for players who are super competitive. On a competitive level, everything should be balanced as much as possible to maintain a level playing field. That's the point of structured PvP.

If you want to get sick gear in PvE, but be able to use that to pwn n00bs, then go WvW.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 00:19:59
April 21 2012 00:19 GMT
#637
One of the most beautiful things about GW1 was that they even created different versions of certain skills for PvP and PvE where it was impossible to balance. And although I don't think they'll be doing the exact same thing for GW2, I get the impression they still have similar intentions in mind.
Moderator
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
April 21 2012 14:14 GMT
#638
They do indeed have plans to do so if they have to. Nothing is out of the question for Anet.
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
April 21 2012 14:25 GMT
#639
On April 21 2012 09:19 Firebolt145 wrote:
One of the most beautiful things about GW1 was that they even created different versions of certain skills for PvP and PvE where it was impossible to balance. And although I don't think they'll be doing the exact same thing for GW2, I get the impression they still have similar intentions in mind.


Ya, this is a great part of GW1. I wanted WoW to do it for so long but for some reason they never did. Instead PvE warriors would QQ about their lack of raid dps so blizz would buff them and then all of a sudden fury warriors are 2-shotting people in PvP. Made for terrible balance.
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
April 21 2012 14:43 GMT
#640
We should organise some way to add each other to the guild as soon as the beta starts.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1267
910 103
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 62
Bale 36
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto21
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King358
Other Games
summit1g7255
Coldzera 732
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft371
PiGStarcraft241
C9.Mang0239
NeuroSwarm158
ViBE2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2154
League of Legends
• Lourlo1089
• Rush1052
• Stunt324
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 38m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 38m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 38m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.