• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:56
CEST 07:56
KST 14:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8109 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 24

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 93 Next
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 17:32:02
April 10 2012 17:27 GMT
#461
On April 11 2012 02:21 Pantythief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:16 Tryhat wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:10 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 11 2012 01:58 Tryhat wrote:
Was planning on pre-purchasing to get beta but just watched some videos. This game is basically another WoW clone except levelling doesn't matter at all because you can do any content at level 1? Is there any point in getting this game if you don't like wow/warhammer/rift-style mmo's?

When it comes to MMO, GW2 is probably as far removed from Wow as you can get, barring stuff like EVE Online. In what way did you find them similar?


Same classes, same quests, same spammable abilities. You walk up to a mob, spam your keys and watch it die. Then you go to the next mob. Then you finish your quest and level up (pointlessly?). It even has instances that look and work exactly the same as they do in every other mmo game. I don't really see what's so different with this game, and please don't give me the "NO CLASSES/ROLES" bs cause we all know that's not true.

Basically I *don't* want a game where you mindlessly go around killing mobs, but I would like PvE/PvP where your skill actually does matter and where you can't just mash your buttons to kill any mob/player.


The classes are not the same


Hunters with pets, necromancers with minions, warriors that tank, rangers that dps. Very refreshing.

You do NOT "spam" your keys.


Ummm yes. I've watched people do instances and they pretty much spam the shit out of their nukes and stuff.

There are no "quests" in Guild Wars 2. You go where ever you want, encounter a dynamic event, participate in it and you'll be rewarded based on your participation.


That's a quest... Are you that easily fooled that just because they changed the quest-giver from a person to a shroom on the ground/cow on a farm/whatever you don't think it's a quest anymore?

The instances does not work the same way instances work in other MMO.


What's the difference, except everyone can do them because levels don't matter? I just watched a dungeon run and it was EXACTLY the same as in every other game, except it seemed easier.

Last but not least, if I told you that there are no "roles" in Guild Wars 2, I'd be lying, so I'm afraid that I'll have to say, that there are no "roles" in Guild Wars 2. No classes heal one another, and if you had minimal knowledge about the original game, you'd know that you don't "tank" either.


Except some are better at healing, and some better at dealing damage... Yes you can stand there like an idiot nuking a mob down with your healer, but that just means you suck, not that the game doesn't have roles.

Show nested quote +
Basically I *don't* want a game where you mindlessly go around killing mobs, but I would like PvE/PvP where your skill actually does matter and where you can't just mash your buttons to kill any mob/player.


It would seem that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.


I don't have any idea what I'm talking about because I told you that I want my games to reward skill, not button mashing? Okay.
chroniX
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
517 Posts
April 10 2012 17:37 GMT
#462
Okay im thinking about preordering aswell. It says you get access to all weekend beta events. What does that mean? Are the beta servers only opened on some weekends in general? Or do they mean preorderes get some kind of cut-beta?
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
April 10 2012 17:38 GMT
#463
On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:21 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:16 Tryhat wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:10 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 11 2012 01:58 Tryhat wrote:
Was planning on pre-purchasing to get beta but just watched some videos. This game is basically another WoW clone except levelling doesn't matter at all because you can do any content at level 1? Is there any point in getting this game if you don't like wow/warhammer/rift-style mmo's?

When it comes to MMO, GW2 is probably as far removed from Wow as you can get, barring stuff like EVE Online. In what way did you find them similar?


Same classes, same quests, same spammable abilities. You walk up to a mob, spam your keys and watch it die. Then you go to the next mob. Then you finish your quest and level up (pointlessly?). It even has instances that look and work exactly the same as they do in every other mmo game. I don't really see what's so different with this game, and please don't give me the "NO CLASSES/ROLES" bs cause we all know that's not true.

Basically I *don't* want a game where you mindlessly go around killing mobs, but I would like PvE/PvP where your skill actually does matter and where you can't just mash your buttons to kill any mob/player.


The classes are not the same


Hunters with pets, necromancers with minions, warriors that tank, rangers that dps. Very refreshing.

Show nested quote +
You do NOT "spam" your keys.


Ummm yes. I've watched people do instances and they pretty much spam the shit out of their nukes and stuff.

Show nested quote +
There are no "quests" in Guild Wars 2. You go where ever you want, encounter a dynamic event, participate in it and you'll be rewarded based on your participation.


That's a quest... Are you that easily fooled that just because they changed the quest-giver from a person to a shroom on the ground/cow on a farm/whatever you don't think it's a quest anymore?

Show nested quote +
The instances does not work the same way instances work in other MMO.


What's the difference, except everyone can do them because levels don't matter? I just watched a dungeon run and it was EXACTLY the same as in every other game, except it seemed easier.

Show nested quote +
Last but not least, if I told you that there are no "roles" in Guild Wars 2, I'd be lying, so I'm afraid that I'll have to say, that there are no "roles" in Guild Wars 2. No classes heal one another, and if you had minimal knowledge about the original game, you'd know that you don't "tank" either.


Except some are better at healing, and some better at dealing damage... Yes you can stand there like an idiot nuking a mob down with your healer, but that just means you suck, not that the game doesn't have roles.

Show nested quote +
Basically I *don't* want a game where you mindlessly go around killing mobs, but I would like PvE/PvP where your skill actually does matter and where you can't just mash your buttons to kill any mob/player.


It would seem that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.


I don't have any idea what I'm talking about because I told you that I want my games to reward skill, not button mashing? Okay.


So what do you play?

I for one am excited as shit for this game, it looks sexy and is a step towards what i want my Roleplaying games to be.

Sure you're not happy with it, but no need to be so aggressive in this Gw2 guild thread.


Whargarbl
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 17:44:01
April 10 2012 17:42 GMT
#464
@Tryhat I see what you did there!

I actually read your whole rant and I was about to post answers to your "confusion" but as I made it to the bottom of your comment, I realized that you're either retarded or trolling. I'll report you for trolling. In the future, if you're confused about something I suggest that you go to the official website of the game.

afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
April 10 2012 17:44 GMT
#465
On April 11 2012 02:38 Frail wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:21 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:16 Tryhat wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:10 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 11 2012 01:58 Tryhat wrote:
Was planning on pre-purchasing to get beta but just watched some videos. This game is basically another WoW clone except levelling doesn't matter at all because you can do any content at level 1? Is there any point in getting this game if you don't like wow/warhammer/rift-style mmo's?

When it comes to MMO, GW2 is probably as far removed from Wow as you can get, barring stuff like EVE Online. In what way did you find them similar?


Same classes, same quests, same spammable abilities. You walk up to a mob, spam your keys and watch it die. Then you go to the next mob. Then you finish your quest and level up (pointlessly?). It even has instances that look and work exactly the same as they do in every other mmo game. I don't really see what's so different with this game, and please don't give me the "NO CLASSES/ROLES" bs cause we all know that's not true.

Basically I *don't* want a game where you mindlessly go around killing mobs, but I would like PvE/PvP where your skill actually does matter and where you can't just mash your buttons to kill any mob/player.


The classes are not the same


Hunters with pets, necromancers with minions, warriors that tank, rangers that dps. Very refreshing.

You do NOT "spam" your keys.


Ummm yes. I've watched people do instances and they pretty much spam the shit out of their nukes and stuff.

There are no "quests" in Guild Wars 2. You go where ever you want, encounter a dynamic event, participate in it and you'll be rewarded based on your participation.


That's a quest... Are you that easily fooled that just because they changed the quest-giver from a person to a shroom on the ground/cow on a farm/whatever you don't think it's a quest anymore?

The instances does not work the same way instances work in other MMO.


What's the difference, except everyone can do them because levels don't matter? I just watched a dungeon run and it was EXACTLY the same as in every other game, except it seemed easier.

Last but not least, if I told you that there are no "roles" in Guild Wars 2, I'd be lying, so I'm afraid that I'll have to say, that there are no "roles" in Guild Wars 2. No classes heal one another, and if you had minimal knowledge about the original game, you'd know that you don't "tank" either.


Except some are better at healing, and some better at dealing damage... Yes you can stand there like an idiot nuking a mob down with your healer, but that just means you suck, not that the game doesn't have roles.

Basically I *don't* want a game where you mindlessly go around killing mobs, but I would like PvE/PvP where your skill actually does matter and where you can't just mash your buttons to kill any mob/player.


It would seem that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.


I don't have any idea what I'm talking about because I told you that I want my games to reward skill, not button mashing? Okay.


So what do you play?

I for one am excited as shit for this game, it looks sexy and is a step towards what i want my Roleplaying games to be.

Sure you're not happy with it, but no need to be so aggressive in this Gw2 guild thread.




Nothing. Haven't played an mmo since Rift (which sucked). This seems to be the exact same game.

Sure, but I didn't find a thread that is just for the game. Sorry if it's the wrong thread to discuss the game.
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 17:58:49
April 10 2012 17:46 GMT
#466
On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
Hunters with pets, necromancers with minions, warriors that tank, rangers that dps. Very refreshing.


There are no traditional roles in this game; everyone tanks, everyone heals and everyone does damage... at the same time. There aren't even any mechanics for keeping aggro, and everyone has a mild personal heal that's on a pretty long cooldown. Traditional MMO tank & spank is mechanically impossible in this game.
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
April 10 2012 17:46 GMT
#467
On April 11 2012 02:42 Pantythief wrote:
@Tryhat I see what you did there!

I actually read your whole rant and I was about to post answers to your "confusion" but as I made it to the bottom of your comment, I realized that you're either retarded or trolling. I'll report you for trolling. In the future, if you're confused about something I suggest that you go to the official website of the game.



What did I do there?

I'm not retarded and I'm not trolling. People always seem to think that just because I don't share your opinion doesn't mean I'm trolling. Feel free to refute my arguments.

I have read the info on the official website. How does that help my confusion?
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 17:54:42
April 10 2012 17:53 GMT
#468
On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
Hunters with pets, necromancers with minions, warriors that tank, rangers that dps. Very refreshing.

Warriors don't really tank, there is no tank. As for hunter pets and necromancer minions, so what? They are able to have additional units under their control, this does not make it a WoW clone. Rangers that dps - all the classes do some dps, ranger is not locked into it. This point is moot.

On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
You do NOT "spam" your keys.


Ummm yes. I've watched people do instances and they pretty much spam the shit out of their nukes and stuff.

I spam the shit out of my buttons when I've tried Streetfighter, but I get my ass handed to me when I play a guy that knows what he's doing.

On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
There are no "quests" in Guild Wars 2. You go where ever you want, encounter a dynamic event, participate in it and you'll be rewarded based on your participation.


That's a quest... Are you that easily fooled that just because they changed the quest-giver from a person to a shroom on the ground/cow on a farm/whatever you don't think it's a quest anymore?

If this is how you think then EVERY game in existence which has an objective to complete is a quest giving game.

On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
The instances does not work the same way instances work in other MMO.


What's the difference, except everyone can do them because levels don't matter? I just watched a dungeon run and it was EXACTLY the same as in every other game, except it seemed easier.

Have to admit I don't know much here so I'll leave this for someone else to comment on.

On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
Last but not least, if I told you that there are no "roles" in Guild Wars 2, I'd be lying, so I'm afraid that I'll have to say, that there are no "roles" in Guild Wars 2. No classes heal one another, and if you had minimal knowledge about the original game, you'd know that you don't "tank" either.


Except some are better at healing, and some better at dealing damage... Yes you can stand there like an idiot nuking a mob down with your healer, but that just means you suck, not that the game doesn't have roles.

Classes have all been designed with very limited healing abilities. The game is designed around preventing incoming damage (which all the classes can contribute to) instead of healing yourself. This is fundamentally different from the tank/dps/healer triad you get in any other MMO.

On April 11 2012 02:27 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
Basically I *don't* want a game where you mindlessly go around killing mobs, but I would like PvE/PvP where your skill actually does matter and where you can't just mash your buttons to kill any mob/player.


It would seem that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.


I don't have any idea what I'm talking about because I told you that I want my games to reward skill, not button mashing? Okay.

Once again, my Streetfighter analogy is appropriate here. People can/will always button mash but they will get wrecked by a guy that knows what he/she is doing.
Moderator
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
April 10 2012 17:55 GMT
#469
On April 11 2012 02:46 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:42 Pantythief wrote:
@Tryhat I see what you did there!

I actually read your whole rant and I was about to post answers to your "confusion" but as I made it to the bottom of your comment, I realized that you're either retarded or trolling. I'll report you for trolling. In the future, if you're confused about something I suggest that you go to the official website of the game.



What did I do there?

I'm not retarded and I'm not trolling. People always seem to think that just because I don't share your opinion doesn't mean I'm trolling. Feel free to refute my arguments.

I have read the info on the official website. How does that help my confusion?

The thing is that you are coming with completely uneducated comments when you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 18:06:01
April 10 2012 17:55 GMT
#470
On April 11 2012 02:46 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:42 Pantythief wrote:
@Tryhat I see what you did there!

I actually read your whole rant and I was about to post answers to your "confusion" but as I made it to the bottom of your comment, I realized that you're either retarded or trolling. I'll report you for trolling. In the future, if you're confused about something I suggest that you go to the official website of the game.



What did I do there?

I'm not retarded and I'm not trolling. People always seem to think that just because I don't share your opinion doesn't mean I'm trolling. Feel free to refute my arguments.

I have read the info on the official website. How does that help my confusion?


Your understanding of "discussion" is a bit off. You think that, with minimal knowledge of the game, you can come to this thread, tell us what the game is about, how the game is "similar" to other games and how the game mechanics work. Now, I don't have to say this, because we all know it's true, but you're absolutely wrong. Perhaps you don't agree with what we say or how the developers choose to make their game, but that does not mean that your understanding of the game is, in any way, akin to reality.

Note that this is not a conversation. I won't allow this kind of behaviour going on for more than a single page. This is not constructive discussion and you're certainly not contributing to the greater good of this thread. Choose your words carefully and we'll get a long just fine. Before you post again, I suggest that understand what you've seen so far, perhaps that'll bring you one step closer to the game. :-)
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
April 10 2012 18:02 GMT
#471
On April 11 2012 02:16 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:10 Tobberoth wrote:
On April 11 2012 01:58 Tryhat wrote:
Was planning on pre-purchasing to get beta but just watched some videos. This game is basically another WoW clone except levelling doesn't matter at all because you can do any content at level 1? Is there any point in getting this game if you don't like wow/warhammer/rift-style mmo's?

When it comes to MMO, GW2 is probably as far removed from Wow as you can get, barring stuff like EVE Online. In what way did you find them similar?


Same classes, same quests, same spammable abilities. You walk up to a mob, spam your keys and watch it die. Then you go to the next mob. Then you finish your quest and level up (pointlessly?). It even has instances that look and work exactly the same as they do in every other mmo game. I don't really see what's so different with this game, and please don't give me the "NO CLASSES/ROLES" bs cause we all know that's not true.

Basically I *don't* want a game where you mindlessly go around killing mobs, but I would like PvE/PvP where your skill actually does matter and where you can't just mash your buttons to kill any mob/player.

How are those the same classes? How are those "the same quests" when it's all dynamic? How is it a key spammer when the combat is dynamic with proper dodging and combinations?

Seriously, it sounds like you know nothing about GW2 at all. You're basically just a troll.
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
April 10 2012 18:12 GMT
#472
On April 11 2012 02:55 Pantythief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:46 Tryhat wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:42 Pantythief wrote:
@Tryhat I see what you did there!

I actually read your whole rant and I was about to post answers to your "confusion" but as I made it to the bottom of your comment, I realized that you're either retarded or trolling. I'll report you for trolling. In the future, if you're confused about something I suggest that you go to the official website of the game.



What did I do there?

I'm not retarded and I'm not trolling. People always seem to think that just because I don't share your opinion doesn't mean I'm trolling. Feel free to refute my arguments.

I have read the info on the official website. How does that help my confusion?


Your understanding of "discussion" is a bit off. You think that, with minimal knowledge of the game, you can come to this thread, tell us what the game is about, how the game is "similar" to other games and how the game mechanics work. Now, I don't have to say this, because we all know it's true, but you're absolutely wrong. Perhaps you don't agree with what we say or how the developers choose to make their game, but that does not mean that your understanding of the game is, in any way, akin to reality.

Note that this is not a conversation. I won't allow this kind of behaviour going on for more than a single page. This is not constructive discussion and you're certainly not contributing to the greater good of this thread. Choose your words carefully and we'll get a long just fine. Before you post again, I suggest that understand what you've seen so far, perhaps that'll bring you one step closer to the game. :-)


I bow out. Sorry to have hijacked your thread. I was really just asking a question and explaining how I looked at it, and I was willing to change my mind if met by valid arguments (of which there were very few). Enjoy.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
April 10 2012 18:16 GMT
#473
On April 11 2012 03:12 Tryhat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:55 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:46 Tryhat wrote:
On April 11 2012 02:42 Pantythief wrote:
@Tryhat I see what you did there!

I actually read your whole rant and I was about to post answers to your "confusion" but as I made it to the bottom of your comment, I realized that you're either retarded or trolling. I'll report you for trolling. In the future, if you're confused about something I suggest that you go to the official website of the game.



What did I do there?

I'm not retarded and I'm not trolling. People always seem to think that just because I don't share your opinion doesn't mean I'm trolling. Feel free to refute my arguments.

I have read the info on the official website. How does that help my confusion?


Your understanding of "discussion" is a bit off. You think that, with minimal knowledge of the game, you can come to this thread, tell us what the game is about, how the game is "similar" to other games and how the game mechanics work. Now, I don't have to say this, because we all know it's true, but you're absolutely wrong. Perhaps you don't agree with what we say or how the developers choose to make their game, but that does not mean that your understanding of the game is, in any way, akin to reality.

Note that this is not a conversation. I won't allow this kind of behaviour going on for more than a single page. This is not constructive discussion and you're certainly not contributing to the greater good of this thread. Choose your words carefully and we'll get a long just fine. Before you post again, I suggest that understand what you've seen so far, perhaps that'll bring you one step closer to the game. :-)


I bow out. Sorry to have hijacked your thread. I was really just asking a question and explaining how I looked at it, and I was willing to change my mind if met by valid arguments (of which there were very few). Enjoy.

I'm sure people would come up with tons of valid arguments if your ideas about the game weren't completely baseless. Saying GW2 has the same quests as wow when GW2 is completely focused on dynamic events make no sense, one can't come up with a valid argument when you're completely mistaken about something so very basic.
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
April 10 2012 18:30 GMT
#474
Pre-ordered as Nylocke.4056

Now let's hope we'll all get beta access next week.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 10 2012 18:33 GMT
#475
On April 11 2012 03:30 Valashu wrote:
Pre-ordered as Nylocke.4056

Now let's hope we'll all get beta access next week.


Everyone will get beta access. When, is unclear.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 10 2012 18:37 GMT
#476
Apparently the first beta event after the pre-orders will be at the end of this month. Exact date to be confirmed.

From the GW2 twitter:
We've got it planned for the end of this month, no firm date yet.
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
April 10 2012 18:38 GMT
#477
On April 11 2012 03:37 jtype wrote:
Apparently the first beta event after the pre-orders will be at the end of this month. Exact date to be confirmed.

From the GW2 twitter:
Show nested quote +
We've got it planned for the end of this month, no firm date yet.

what the hell, why did I pre-purchase now then if it doesnt even give me beta access -_-
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
April 10 2012 18:43 GMT
#478
On April 11 2012 03:38 Roflhaxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 03:37 jtype wrote:
Apparently the first beta event after the pre-orders will be at the end of this month. Exact date to be confirmed.

From the GW2 twitter:
We've got it planned for the end of this month, no firm date yet.

what the hell, why did I pre-purchase now then if it doesnt even give me beta access -_-


You'll get beta access, but they run these beta weekends, and the next one isn't this weekend. Maybe we'll be lucky and get it the weekend after that, but still I don't think they'll release the game until in July.

Too many bugs and too much tweaking to do, they'll probably have every weekend as betas for the last month, but according to their manifest they aint releasing it until it's ready.
Whargarbl
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
April 10 2012 18:45 GMT
#479
On April 11 2012 03:38 Roflhaxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 03:37 jtype wrote:
Apparently the first beta event after the pre-orders will be at the end of this month. Exact date to be confirmed.

From the GW2 twitter:
We've got it planned for the end of this month, no firm date yet.

what the hell, why did I pre-purchase now then if it doesnt even give me beta access -_-

I thought everyone knew it would work like this? They never said prepuchase would give you beta immediately, they said it would guarantee access to all beta weekend events, people who expected a constant beta will be very disappointed.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 10 2012 18:49 GMT
#480
Anyway, I'm Pantythief.9163
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 549
Larva 466
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 737
Other Games
summit1g8596
WinterStarcraft495
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick875
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2301
League of Legends
• Rush1347
• Lourlo1114
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 4m
INu's Battles
6h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 4m
Replay Cast
17h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.