• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10009 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 21

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 93 Next
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 08 2012 15:27 GMT
#401
On April 09 2012 00:18 Morofang wrote:
One of the consumables from deluxe and collector's gives influence to the guild one time, which is the currency to purchase the upgrades if I remember correctly


wiki says this

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Politics#Politics

dont know, the only thing that seems good is the "showing emblem thing" in Politics the rest dont know if is worth it.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 08 2012 17:03 GMT
#402
I've been trying to get my head around how acquiring Elite Skills works, but I'm still a bit unsure. (I haven't got any yet, btw.) The info in the wiki and in various other places that I've found via numerous google searches hasn't been that enlightening.

I understand that, after killing a boss, you can use Signet of Capture to learn an Elite Skill, but I don't really know any more than that. Can I capture elite skills for my heroes that aren't of my primary or secondary profession? Also, is the only other way of getting them through PvP?

If I was to run Sabway or the 7 Hero Support build, for example, how difficult/complicated would it be to get all the necessary skills?
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
April 08 2012 17:19 GMT
#403
That's all you need to know. If you're looking for a specific elite skill you can just look it up on Wiki and find out where to capture it.

If you unlock an elite skill in pvp then it's only for pvp unless you use a tome of some sort. This is from memory as I haven't played for years so take it with a grain of salt.
Moderator
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 08 2012 17:19 GMT
#404
On April 09 2012 02:19 Firebolt145 wrote:
That's all you need to know. If you're looking for a specific elite skill you can just look it up on Wiki and find out where to capture it.

If you unlock an elite skill in pvp then it's only for pvp unless you use a tome of some sort. This is from memory as I haven't played for years so take it with a grain of salt.


That, and if you unlock it in PvP, your heroes will have access to it by default.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
April 08 2012 17:25 GMT
#405
I think we should put up polls on what to buy first with the guild influence.

Later on that is!
Whargarbl
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 08 2012 17:35 GMT
#406
On April 09 2012 02:19 Firebolt145 wrote:
That's all you need to know. If you're looking for a specific elite skill you can just look it up on Wiki and find out where to capture it.

If you unlock an elite skill in pvp then it's only for pvp unless you use a tome of some sort. This is from memory as I haven't played for years so take it with a grain of salt.


Ok, thanks, but I'm still not sure about whether or not (or how) I can unlock elite skills for my heroes that aren't my profession.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 17:38:00
April 08 2012 17:37 GMT
#407
There should be "Hero Skills"-NPCs around Nightfall.

But you can unlock them through PvP, also.

Note that you can change the secondary profession of your heroes to anything you want.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
April 08 2012 18:12 GMT
#408
On April 09 2012 02:19 Firebolt145 wrote:
That's all you need to know. If you're looking for a specific elite skill you can just look it up on Wiki and find out where to capture it.

If you unlock an elite skill in pvp then it's only for pvp unless you use a tome of some sort. This is from memory as I haven't played for years so take it with a grain of salt.

I would just like to add for people that this is Guild Wars ONE they are talking about and not 2! Just to hinder confusion for new players.
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 18:14:39
April 08 2012 18:13 GMT
#409
On April 09 2012 03:12 Roflhaxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 02:19 Firebolt145 wrote:
That's all you need to know. If you're looking for a specific elite skill you can just look it up on Wiki and find out where to capture it.

If you unlock an elite skill in pvp then it's only for pvp unless you use a tome of some sort. This is from memory as I haven't played for years so take it with a grain of salt.

I would just like to add for people that this is Guild Wars ONE they are talking about and not 2! Just to hinder confusion for new players.


Edit: nevermind.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 18:23:39
April 08 2012 18:22 GMT
#410
On April 09 2012 02:35 jtype wrote:
Ok, thanks, but I'm still not sure about whether or not (or how) I can unlock elite skills for my heroes that aren't my profession.


just change your second profession to the profession the mob have, use sign of capture and then your hero will be able to use that skill if he is also the same profession.
exemple
your are Ritu/ranger
change to ritua necro
capture skill
all your necro heroes now can use the necro elite that you just got

that works for normal skills
just buy the skill you need for the profession you need while you are that profession and all your heroes will be able to use it if they are that profession.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 18:28:04
April 08 2012 18:26 GMT
#411
edit- oh ok thanks. I don't know why this isn't explained anywhere....
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 08 2012 18:41 GMT
#412
On April 09 2012 03:26 jtype wrote:
edit- oh ok thanks. I don't know why this isn't explained anywhere....


yeah it costed me 2k, a long walk to the boss, 10 min research and a facepalm.

but is nice to see how your party gets better and better when you complete 1 hero after another.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 08 2012 18:54 GMT
#413
On April 09 2012 03:41 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 03:26 jtype wrote:
edit- oh ok thanks. I don't know why this isn't explained anywhere....


yeah it costed me 2k, a long walk to the boss, 10 min research and a facepalm.

but is nice to see how your party gets better and better when you complete 1 hero after another.


Yea definitely. I just realize now that all those builds that were recommended wont really be complete for quite some time. I was sort of expecting that I would use them to get through the campaigns faster, but it seems like they'll only really be available to me after I've completed all the campaigns.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm having a great time running through these campaigns and really appreciate all the advice and suggestions everyone has thrown my way. I hope that I'll be this helpful and supportive to you guys once we're playing GW2 together. :D
Barteh
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands108 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 19:21:24
April 08 2012 19:19 GMT
#414
On April 09 2012 03:54 jtype wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 03:41 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
On April 09 2012 03:26 jtype wrote:
edit- oh ok thanks. I don't know why this isn't explained anywhere....


yeah it costed me 2k, a long walk to the boss, 10 min research and a facepalm.

but is nice to see how your party gets better and better when you complete 1 hero after another.


Yea definitely. I just realize now that all those builds that were recommended wont really be complete for quite some time. I was sort of expecting that I would use them to get through the campaigns faster, but it seems like they'll only really be available to me after I've completed all the campaigns.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm having a great time running through these campaigns and really appreciate all the advice and suggestions everyone has thrown my way. I hope that I'll be this helpful and supportive to you guys once we're playing GW2 together. :D


Just so you know- the "regular" normal mode PvE can pretty much all be done easily if you just make some builds and combinations that make sense with your own skills. You should create a few characters, give them different classes and just play them a bit. If you do Factions, you'll get a lot of skills early on through the headmaster trials in Shing Jea.

I'm currently working on vanquishing (killing every mob in an area in one go on hardmode) and using the 7 hero support. It works great, and if you take it easy you shouldn't really die too much if your own builds makes at least some sense as well.

Just play the game for now, think about builds etc yourself, and don't worry about optimizing your campaign completion speed. It's really not as enjoyable if there's no challenge involved anymore. You probably won't be able to get the skills required for the builds, too. Not until you get to certain points in each campaign, so you'd have to unlock them through the PvP, which is really not worth it.

If you need help with specific quests/missions, you can hit me up in game under the character name Barteh teh one (This is one of those moments where you realize how dumb you were when you were younger).
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-09 10:15:50
April 09 2012 10:14 GMT
#415
Tomorrow

I'll see you tomorrow, you're only a day away.
Whargarbl
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 09 2012 11:02 GMT
#416


from the sec 27 to 57 that thief kill the necro spamming 1 skill and been perma stealth. i smell nerf
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
April 09 2012 11:47 GMT
#417
On April 09 2012 20:02 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qR5lFFJb6kA

from the sec 27 to 57 that thief kill the necro spamming 1 skill and been perma stealth. i smell nerf


you can see that it costs like 3 initiative points but he regenerates them so fast that it doesnt matter at all
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
April 09 2012 12:02 GMT
#418
Looks quite powerful, I'd like to see how good it is if it can be countered easily when the beta starts.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 09 2012 12:51 GMT
#419
Here's something to think about (if you're not already):


It's obviously only really a preview of the possibilities of using combo-fields and finishers, but there's definitely one or two points that I didn't know about.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7420 Posts
April 09 2012 14:51 GMT
#420
First of all, i have never played GW 1 but GW 2 looks really nice and i'm think i would like to give it a shot

I have a few questions so:
How often do they release addons? I understand that you buy the game and have no additional costs until there is an expansion which is a must buy if you want to continue playing, yes?
How much do these expansions cost?

I am just a casual player and i will be nowhere near the top. How is it with gear and stuff? do i need the best of the best to have fun in the long term? do i need do grind 5 hours a day to "have fun" ? I don't mind a bit of grinding, it's just part of MMO's. I do mind if theres nothing but grinding.

I have read there is a somewhat dynamic combat system. Does that mean there is "skill" involved? Or is it still just Better gears owns weaker gear, even if better gear is played by an ape?
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 961
Mind 729
Larva 606
ggaemo 588
Stork 320
Leta 185
Bisu 158
PianO 150
Killer 45
Hyuk 34
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 21
Hm[arnc] 11
sorry 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe219
League of Legends
JimRising 407
Reynor106
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
Other Games
summit1g10369
Mew2King121
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick530
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream184
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2347
League of Legends
• Stunt1252
• Jankos927
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
57m
Online Event
1h 57m
FEL
6h 57m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.