• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:51
CEST 06:51
KST 13:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7656 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 19

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 93 Next
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
April 07 2012 11:15 GMT
#361
Good to see that people are excited about GW2

Three days till we can pre-order
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
April 07 2012 12:09 GMT
#362
Racial skills will NOT be able to be used in pvp.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 07 2012 15:29 GMT
#363
On April 07 2012 18:55 floi wrote:
I'm not sure about the "no healers" part, but I so wanna play this game *_*


I'm all up for no healers.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Lewfen
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden88 Posts
April 07 2012 15:31 GMT
#364
On April 08 2012 00:29 Pantythief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2012 18:55 floi wrote:
I'm not sure about the "no healers" part, but I so wanna play this game *_*


I'm all up for no healers.


This is what I'm most looking forward too even thought I'm usually a healer myself. Going to be cool too see how the bossfights work out when no one can take any real damage.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 15:41:20
April 07 2012 15:39 GMT
#365
On April 08 2012 00:31 Lewfen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 00:29 Pantythief wrote:
On April 07 2012 18:55 floi wrote:
I'm not sure about the "no healers" part, but I so wanna play this game *_*


I'm all up for no healers.


This is what I'm most looking forward too even thought I'm usually a healer myself. Going to be cool too see how the bossfights work out when no one can take any real damage.


I personally like the idea of that any damage you take is vital. It'll take some strategy to stay alive.

Edit: think I misunderstood you, what did you mean by " when no one can take any real damage?" :p
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Lewfen
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden88 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 15:50:51
April 07 2012 15:44 GMT
#366
By "real damage" I mean no one can just tank it up, I've seen some skills that can "tank" like the warriors shield wall where they hide behind their shield. But other then skills like that it doesn't seem like you are going to be able to take many hits before you are down.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 07 2012 15:56 GMT
#367
On April 08 2012 00:44 Lewfen wrote:
By "real damage" I mean no one can just tank it up, I've seen some skills that can "tank" like the warriors shield wall where they hide behind it. But other then skills like that it doesn't seem like you are going to be able to take many hits before you are down.


Yeah, but those skills are active for only 2-4 seconds, and they'll be used to block some damage to get a chance to heal yourself. The Elementalist focus also gives you defensive skills. Fire Shield, Obsidian Flesh and Magnetic Wave. The off-hand dagger will give you Frost Aura, and the staff will give you Magnetic Aura.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Lewfen
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden88 Posts
April 07 2012 16:04 GMT
#368
Is there any site that shows cooldowns and durations of spells? Because I could see some form of tanking going on if everybody in the party has one of these ready and you set up a rotation when things get hairy so you have time to get some healing in or ress if alot of people died.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 16:17:24
April 07 2012 16:16 GMT
#369
On April 08 2012 01:04 Lewfen wrote:
Is there any site that shows cooldowns and durations of spells? Because I could see some form of tanking going on if everybody in the party has one of these ready and you set up a rotation when things get hairy so you have time to get some healing in or ress if alot of people died.


Here.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but you've misunderstood something. :p There cannot be any form of "tanking." You cannot tank with an ability that reduces incoming damage for 3 seconds and has a cooldown of 30 to 120 seconds. Furthermore, the A.I. is designed to eliminate the trinity. The NPCs won't attack you neccesarily because you stand in front of them. If the A.I. spots a weak target (i. e., a target with low health) they'll attack you and focus on you until you're dead, regardless of who you are and what profession you play. There is no taunt ability either.

But, you're right when you say that rotation is a must. That's strategy. It's up to each individual in your party to stay alive. You must dodge projectiles, you must save your defensive abilities and you must consider when is the right time to heal yourself. Additionally, Guild Wars is known for having a very, very hard combat system. NPC's will instantly interrupt you when you attempt to heal yourself, unlike in other games where most NPC's will "let you" heal yourself. It's really about considering who to kill, which abilities to use, which NPC's to interrupt and which boons/enchantments to strip from foes.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 07 2012 16:16 GMT
#370
On April 08 2012 01:04 Lewfen wrote:
Is there any site that shows cooldowns and durations of spells? Because I could see some form of tanking going on if everybody in the party has one of these ready and you set up a rotation when things get hairy so you have time to get some healing in or ress if alot of people died.


this tool have cds and durations just build and choose the profession

http://www.gw2tools.com/


rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 16:18:42
April 07 2012 16:18 GMT
#371
On April 08 2012 01:16 Pantythief wrote:
If the A.I. spots a weak target (i. e., a target with low health) they'll attack you and focus on you until you're dead, regardless of who you are and what profession you play.


is that true ? :O

where can i find that info ?
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 07 2012 16:21 GMT
#372
On April 08 2012 01:18 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 01:16 Pantythief wrote:
If the A.I. spots a weak target (i. e., a target with low health) they'll attack you and focus on you until you're dead, regardless of who you are and what profession you play.


is that true ? :O

where can i find that info ?


I believe it's on Guild Wars 2 Wiki, but I heard it in an interview. I'll try to find it for you.

But, if you don't believe me, just play Guild Wars 1. They use a similar combat system for NPC's. The A.I. is designed to be smart, and to make it as hard for you as possible. They're basically doing what you're supposed to do, but only faster and without thinking. They do it instantly. That's what makes it different from other games. Your average Black Forest Spider or Bandit are no longer brainless zombies attempting to kill you with a simple rotation of abilities.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Lewfen
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden88 Posts
April 07 2012 16:39 GMT
#373
But how does "aggro" in this game work then, does the npc pick who ever it wants even if someone is dealing alot of dmg in his face? Will he not switch to the person dealing alot of dps to get rid of the threath? That was what I meant with "tanking" with a rotation, overdps and then try to deflect the damage.
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 07 2012 16:42 GMT
#374
On April 08 2012 01:21 Pantythief wrote:
I believe it's on Guild Wars 2 Wiki, but I heard it in an interview. I'll try to find it for you.

But, if you don't believe me, just play Guild Wars 1. They use a similar combat system for NPC's. The A.I. is designed to be smart, and to make it as hard for you as possible. They're basically doing what you're supposed to do, but only faster and without thinking. They do it instantly. That's what makes it different from other games. Your average Black Forest Spider or Bandit are no longer brainless zombies attempting to kill you with a simple rotation of abilities.



yes i know that npc kite, roll and if they interrup wouldnt surprise me but targeting the player with the lowest hp will de awesome. hopefully this wont be just for bosses or in dungeons.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 07 2012 16:50 GMT
#375
A.I. communication. It's designed to be strategic on-the-fly. Not sure how to explain this. :p
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Lewfen
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Sweden88 Posts
April 07 2012 17:50 GMT
#376
I get that they are trying to make it so you don't have any taunt type spells so you can tank but surely if you are a warrior in this case dealing a whole lot of damage won't the mob/boss recognise that as a threat and try to deal with it?
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 07 2012 17:56 GMT
#377
Depends, the A.I. may recognize the Warrior as a threat, assuming it deals more damage than the other classes, which it won't, however, the A.I. will think "alright, there's a Mesmer over there with 10% health, let's nuke her." so all NPC's will strike the Mesmer.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Anon06
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States203 Posts
April 07 2012 18:12 GMT
#378
does anybody know if it's possible to cancel a repurchase like a preorder?
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 07 2012 18:28 GMT
#379
On April 08 2012 03:12 Anon06 wrote:
does anybody know if it's possible to cancel a repurchase like a preorder?


Repurchase?
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Anon06
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States203 Posts
April 07 2012 18:59 GMT
#380
prepurchase*
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft254
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft658
PiGStarcraft254
RuFF_SC2 193
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 225
Stork 187
Leta 128
Hyuk 79
PianO 74
Bale 19
Icarus 9
yabsab 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox705
C9.Mang0275
Westballz42
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor617
Other Games
summit1g7957
Coldzera 820
Sick125
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick772
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2142
League of Legends
• Lourlo1117
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 9m
Online Event
6h 9m
FEL
11h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.