• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:52
CEST 03:52
KST 10:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9428 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 18

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 93 Next
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
April 04 2012 23:24 GMT
#341
Yeah dude, its fine haha, just was funny ^^
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 05 2012 15:12 GMT
#342
Soo...

+ Show Spoiler +
5 days, aosdhnapodhapodhasdapodhjpd.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 05 2012 16:07 GMT
#343
Is there any screenshot of the mit fire wolf skill ?
need to know how it looks to choose DD or standar version
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 17:47:59
April 05 2012 16:38 GMT
#344
On April 06 2012 01:07 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
Is there any screenshot of the mit fire wolf skill ?
need to know how it looks to choose DD or standar version


I'll let you know if I find anything.

Edit: I can't find anything. It's the pre-order bonus-skill thing, right?
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 05 2012 19:40 GMT
#345
On April 06 2012 01:38 Pantythief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 01:07 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
Is there any screenshot of the mit fire wolf skill ?
need to know how it looks to choose DD or standar version


I'll let you know if I find anything.

Edit: I can't find anything. It's the pre-order bonus-skill thing, right?


its the elite skill that you get from dd and ce

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/f7/Summon_Mistfire_Wolf.jpg

the icon looks nice but i hope that the wolf will look like a blue version of the sylvaris dog.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 21:44:58
April 05 2012 19:42 GMT
#346
Looks cool.*

Edit: dunno why I wrote cute.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
April 06 2012 09:52 GMT
#347
I fear it will be strictly aesthetic. It will be usable ofc, but pretty similar to the Charrzooka.

Sexy as hell, but shitty compared to other Elite skills.
Whargarbl
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-06 13:18:23
April 06 2012 13:15 GMT
#348
I've seen other "racial" elite skills.

Cloak of Grenth - take form of a ghastly shroud, incl. unique skill bar.
Avatar of Melandru - take form of a giant Oakheart, incl. unique skill bar. Link
Hounds of Balthazar - summon 2 hounds. Link

I believe the Asura can summon two War Golems. One much like the Hounds of Balthazar and another you can control from the inside. Like a Dreadnaught if anyone knows what I'm talking about. But I'd like to see what they can come up with for the Sylvari.

Furthermore, I don't think they're "just for fun." If they were, nobody would use them in combat, because you'd probably rather use your class specific elite skills. I think they're legit for combat, as well.

Edit: besides, let's use the Mesmer as an example. What would you prefer to use on your journey to level 80: 2 fiery hounds of death that kills for you, or a warpfield that speeds up time for a brief period, which to me sounds like a useful PvP skill.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Morofang
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands45 Posts
April 06 2012 14:17 GMT
#349
I think racials are going to be viable, but [professions were said to be better. Racial skills usefulness lie, in my mind, in the fact they can be used to surprise enemies in pvp and to add to you characters about to fill multiple rolls and adapt to the situation in pve.

Take for example what I'm planning to roll, Norn Mesmer. If I get become the wolf racial elite, I can become a sword warrior in a sense for 30seconds, changing how pvp enemies need to counter me, or filling a new roll in a boss fight in pve. It adds spice to your charcter.

On the note on the human Oakheart form..it look dangerous but its really a support form, with 2 heals if I recall correctly, 2 roots and 1 aoe attack.. Which is a bit of a shame XD

Btw, this out on pvp: http://www.arena.net/blog/jordan-massey-on-the-role-of-the-squad-in-wvw
New feature, squads.
Guild Wars 2 Europe
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 06 2012 19:28 GMT
#350
I like it!
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
April 06 2012 23:35 GMT
#351
On April 06 2012 23:17 Morofang wrote:
I think racials are going to be viable, but [professions were said to be better. Racial skills usefulness lie, in my mind, in the fact they can be used to surprise enemies in pvp and to add to you characters about to fill multiple rolls and adapt to the situation in pve.

Take for example what I'm planning to roll, Norn Mesmer. If I get become the wolf racial elite, I can become a sword warrior in a sense for 30seconds, changing how pvp enemies need to counter me, or filling a new roll in a boss fight in pve. It adds spice to your charcter.

On the note on the human Oakheart form..it look dangerous but its really a support form, with 2 heals if I recall correctly, 2 roots and 1 aoe attack.. Which is a bit of a shame XD

Btw, this out on pvp: http://www.arena.net/blog/jordan-massey-on-the-role-of-the-squad-in-wvw
New feature, squads.

What you say is nice and all, but only when theorycrafting, honestly (this is NOT what I HOPE but what I think will happen) I think that there will be one or two setups that is cookie cutter with some of the others being nice for their utility and gimmick and rest being just bad.
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
erin[go]bragh
Profile Joined December 2008
United States815 Posts
April 07 2012 00:06 GMT
#352
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure ANet has said that racial skills will be turned off in PvP areas to prevent potential imbalance and so people don't feel they need to roll a certain race just to get a particular racial.

Since PvE revolves much more around utility, I don't see racials being a real problem there.
JulyZerg! by.hero, effOrt, KTY.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 00:12:18
April 07 2012 00:11 GMT
#353
On April 07 2012 09:06 erin[go]bragh wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure ANet has said that racial skills will be turned off in PvP areas to prevent potential imbalance and so people don't feel they need to roll a certain race just to get a particular racial.

Since PvE revolves much more around utility, I don't see racials being a real problem there.


I have no idea, but it sounds reasonable to me. If that's the case, I hope that these racial elite skills will be very viable in PvE. I don't want to be in possession of "cool abilities" I'll never be able to use, exclusively because I want to do what's best for me.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 00:21:01
April 07 2012 00:19 GMT
#354
On April 07 2012 08:35 Roflhaxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 23:17 Morofang wrote:
I think racials are going to be viable, but [professions were said to be better. Racial skills usefulness lie, in my mind, in the fact they can be used to surprise enemies in pvp and to add to you characters about to fill multiple rolls and adapt to the situation in pve.

Take for example what I'm planning to roll, Norn Mesmer. If I get become the wolf racial elite, I can become a sword warrior in a sense for 30seconds, changing how pvp enemies need to counter me, or filling a new roll in a boss fight in pve. It adds spice to your charcter.

On the note on the human Oakheart form..it look dangerous but its really a support form, with 2 heals if I recall correctly, 2 roots and 1 aoe attack.. Which is a bit of a shame XD

Btw, this out on pvp: http://www.arena.net/blog/jordan-massey-on-the-role-of-the-squad-in-wvw
New feature, squads.

What you say is nice and all, but only when theorycrafting, honestly (this is NOT what I HOPE but what I think will happen) I think that there will be one or two setups that is cookie cutter with some of the others being nice for their utility and gimmick and rest being just bad.


I can see where you're coming from. However!

A long time ago, the developers stated during an interview, that during the development of one of the original Guild Wars expansions, they came to realize that the "builds" you could make make with the skills and abilities from the original Guild Wars was never entirely about mixing whichever skills you wanted to. That, however, was their initial plan. They realized, that in the end of the day, it often came down to very delicate combinations of skills.

In Guild Wars 2, however, they really want to give the players that feeling of freedom. To me, it seems like that at this point in time, they know what they're doing now, and what they want to do later. That said, I think your concerns are "in good hands."
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 05:47:12
April 07 2012 05:46 GMT
#355
the pre-purchase thing is not just on april 10th isnt it ?
Cant i pre.purchase 4 days before realease an still get the 3 day headstart ?
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
April 07 2012 06:28 GMT
#356
On April 07 2012 14:46 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
the pre-purchase thing is not just on april 10th isnt it ?
Cant i pre.purchase 4 days before realease an still get the 3 day headstart ?


Yes you can but if you want collectors edition we don't know how many will be available. Also first come first server with reserving a copy at places like Game Stop, Best Buy, etc. They don't have unlimited stock avaible to infinitely give away.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Frail
Profile Joined October 2010
Iceland336 Posts
April 07 2012 07:50 GMT
#357
I cant wait to preorder but still. The first beta weekend would be april 14th. Now that is something to look forward too!
Whargarbl
Logan-nagoL
Profile Joined April 2012
New Zealand16 Posts
April 07 2012 08:29 GMT
#358
KEEN to play this game, haven't tryed GW1 and never will _b
I do not like league of legends, AT ALL. Please dont talk to me about that horrid game. Also, mushrooms are bad.
floi
Profile Joined July 2010
203 Posts
April 07 2012 09:55 GMT
#359
I'm not sure about the "no healers" part, but I so wanna play this game *_*
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
April 07 2012 10:48 GMT
#360
On April 07 2012 17:29 Logan-nagoL wrote:
KEEN to play this game, haven't tryed GW1 and never will _b


Same, from what I've seen/heard GW2 is going to be awesome though.
Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft441
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft441
WinterStarcraft271
RuFF_SC2 120
PiLiPiLi 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1067
White-Ra 160
Hyuk 60
Noble 52
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5449
Counter-Strike
taco 558
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox653
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor734
Other Games
summit1g8145
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0328
ViBE59
Mew2King43
ArmadaUGS40
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick500
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21321
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 8m
Online Event
9h 8m
FEL
14h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.