• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:50
CEST 22:50
KST 05:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7692 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 16

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 93 Next
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 03 2012 12:39 GMT
#301
On April 03 2012 21:21 Tobberoth wrote:
Does anyone know if GW2 will have a realm system like WoW or if it's all on one server? I guess it's not vital that we're all on the same server in the beta, but we should quickly decide on one for retail if such information has become available.


Chances are we'll just pick the first GB server that is listed.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
April 03 2012 12:44 GMT
#302
Am I the only one btw whos pondering if I should join the beta or not?
If it ends up being a 2 months wait since the first beta weekend I don't want to spoil myself of everything in the game. Q_Q
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
April 03 2012 12:55 GMT
#303
I was like that Steveling. For ever i have not touched a WoW beta when i was hardcore, didn't even read up on future expansions really just waited. Then when they came there was so many things i thought should of been added. So for a chance to test things and to give feedback you need to get into the beta imo. But that said if they don't give beta weekends out until the whole game is done and just ironing out bugs then yeah i will agree it will be just a huge spoiler and "waste" of time to level a charachter to have to start again...IMO
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
April 03 2012 12:59 GMT
#304
Ok, time for my next newbie question. I've been racing through the Factions campaign with my Rit/Ran and the level of the enemies are starting to get a bit on the high side of things. I just dinged level 15, but the mobs have been at 20 for a little while and I'm getting one-shot by quite a lot of them now.

I've been trying to follow the 'don't waste any gold' rule, so I haven't bought myself any armor or weapons, which means that, although I've got a semi-passable scepter that I got as a drop, I'm still on my starter armor set. Is this normal? I haven't seen any suitable armor drops or rewards or anything of the sort, so I'm not sure if you're expected to buy/craft your sets as you go.

Is it even worth spending any money on armor before I'm max-level?
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
April 03 2012 13:16 GMT
#305
On April 03 2012 21:59 jtype wrote:
Ok, time for my next newbie question. I've been racing through the Factions campaign with my Rit/Ran and the level of the enemies are starting to get a bit on the high side of things. I just dinged level 15, but the mobs have been at 20 for a little while and I'm getting one-shot by quite a lot of them now.

I've been trying to follow the 'don't waste any gold' rule, so I haven't bought myself any armor or weapons, which means that, although I've got a semi-passable scepter that I got as a drop, I'm still on my starter armor set. Is this normal? I haven't seen any suitable armor drops or rewards or anything of the sort, so I'm not sure if you're expected to buy/craft your sets as you go.

Is it even worth spending any money on armor before I'm max-level?


Basicly you should stick with your basic armor untill you get to mainland Cantha. As soon as you get there walk to kaineng Centre (I'm sure you can find the route on a wiki) and buy new armor there. It should cost about 7platinum. Once you get better armor you shouldn't die nearly as often.
Go big, or go home!
Morofang
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands45 Posts
April 03 2012 13:59 GMT
#306
I heard that the norn wolf elite is similar to a thief and the snow leopard like the guardian... That feels reversed to me, anyone agree? XD Cats are more soloy stealthy and wolfs are pack animals...

7 days... XD then hopefully they have a weekend right away XD Gunna probably be rolling Norn Mesmer in the betas ^^
Guild Wars 2 Europe
Baituri
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1501 Posts
April 03 2012 14:00 GMT
#307
On April 03 2012 22:16 Tarias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 21:59 jtype wrote:
Ok, time for my next newbie question. I've been racing through the Factions campaign with my Rit/Ran and the level of the enemies are starting to get a bit on the high side of things. I just dinged level 15, but the mobs have been at 20 for a little while and I'm getting one-shot by quite a lot of them now.

I've been trying to follow the 'don't waste any gold' rule, so I haven't bought myself any armor or weapons, which means that, although I've got a semi-passable scepter that I got as a drop, I'm still on my starter armor set. Is this normal? I haven't seen any suitable armor drops or rewards or anything of the sort, so I'm not sure if you're expected to buy/craft your sets as you go.

Is it even worth spending any money on armor before I'm max-level?


Basicly you should stick with your basic armor untill you get to mainland Cantha. As soon as you get there walk to kaineng Centre (I'm sure you can find the route on a wiki) and buy new armor there. It should cost about 7platinum. Once you get better armor you shouldn't die nearly as often.


This. Guild Wars is a lot of armor mitigation. This post on the RedditGW forum explains it for PVP. But the same aplies for PvE ofcourse.

http://www.reddit.com/r/redditgw/comments/ri2mb/pvp_discovery_equipment_and_armor_system/
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 14:13:53
April 03 2012 14:13 GMT
#308
On April 03 2012 22:59 Morofang wrote:
I heard that the norn wolf elite is similar to a thief and the snow leopard like the guardian... That feels reversed to me, anyone agree? XD Cats are more soloy stealthy and wolfs are pack animals...

7 days... XD then hopefully they have a weekend right away XD Gunna probably be rolling Norn Mesmer in the betas ^^


Yogscast did a video on racial elite skills. Just look it up on youtube. And no the Leopard is the thief
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
April 03 2012 14:18 GMT
#309
6. THOU SHALL RESPECT GUILD VETERANS, I hope this means "Listen to my advice and dont be an ass" and NOT "I have played longer than you so so I am better than you, noob" I have actually been in a guild with the latter once, left ofc since I don't really like being treated like a lesser being.
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 14:46:43
April 03 2012 14:34 GMT
#310
On April 03 2012 21:59 jtype wrote:
Ok, time for my next newbie question. I've been racing through the Factions campaign with my Rit/Ran and the level of the enemies are starting to get a bit on the high side of things. I just dinged level 15, but the mobs have been at 20 for a little while and I'm getting one-shot by quite a lot of them now.

I've been trying to follow the 'don't waste any gold' rule, so I haven't bought myself any armor or weapons, which means that, although I've got a semi-passable scepter that I got as a drop, I'm still on my starter armor set. Is this normal? I haven't seen any suitable armor drops or rewards or anything of the sort, so I'm not sure if you're expected to buy/craft your sets as you go.

Is it even worth spending any money on armor before I'm max-level?



Strange, cant you hope to Nightfall yet ? If you can do it and just playing the campaing will get you to 20, to the heroes and to the build you choosed. Build your healers first.
Dont forget MOX, is a lot of help. you can get him when you get level 10 and with the Fire Imp will help you all the way to 20.

I never bought a single armor, never knew how and never needed tbh just the Ancient but that was the last point i needed.

Identify everything, it usually sells for more to the npcs.




6. THOU SHALL RESPECT GUILD VETERANS, I hope this means "Listen to my advice and dont be an ass" and NOT "I have played longer than you so so I am better than you, noob" I have actually been in a guild with the latter once, left ofc since I don't really like being treated like a lesser being.


Dont worry. I think that will be for the future, some months after realese for the people starting the game or trying to learn some profession better.
Its just simple respect.


Someone playin with the Tool calculator that want to share some builds ?
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 14:55:47
April 03 2012 14:53 GMT
#311
Anyone up for some Guild Wars 1 speedgrind 30 Hall of Monument points?

Someone playin with the Tool calculator that want to share some builds ?


I've been staring at this ever since it came out in 2011. It's really hard to decide what to go for. :p
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
April 03 2012 15:15 GMT
#312
On April 03 2012 23:18 Roflhaxx wrote:
6. THOU SHALL RESPECT GUILD VETERANS, I hope this means "Listen to my advice and dont be an ass" and NOT "I have played longer than you so so I am better than you, noob" I have actually been in a guild with the latter once, left ofc since I don't really like being treated like a lesser being.


Changing it to 'THOU SHALL RESPECT GUILD MATES'

It means exactly that.

Our TL members will give advice, you are free to either take it or leave it but neither party should act entitled.



The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 03 2012 15:28 GMT
#313
On April 03 2012 23:53 Pantythief wrote:
I've been staring at this ever since it came out in 2011. It's really hard to decide what to go for. :p


What will you play Panty ..... thief? :p
Morofang
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands45 Posts
April 03 2012 15:33 GMT
#314
On April 03 2012 23:13 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 22:59 Morofang wrote:
I heard that the norn wolf elite is similar to a thief and the snow leopard like the guardian... That feels reversed to me, anyone agree? XD Cats are more soloy stealthy and wolfs are pack animals...

7 days... XD then hopefully they have a weekend right away XD Gunna probably be rolling Norn Mesmer in the betas ^^


Yogscast did a video on racial elite skills. Just look it up on youtube. And no the Leopard is the thief


Yeah I saw it..I just looked at wrong XD...teaches me for watching things late at night lol...
Guild Wars 2 Europe
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 03 2012 15:35 GMT
#315
On April 04 2012 00:28 rivurivurivurivu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2012 23:53 Pantythief wrote:
I've been staring at this ever since it came out in 2011. It's really hard to decide what to go for. :p


What will you play Panty ..... thief? :p


You'd think that, but no.

Female Sylvari Elementalist or Necromancer.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 21:30:02
April 03 2012 21:29 GMT
#316
As indicated by both arenanet and by the gameplay mechanics themselves, travelling in a group is far superior than travelling on your own, this is why in my opinion, on every next BWE Guildwars2 : Europe should all travel together through the campaign. At least for the start of the campaign.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 03 2012 21:40 GMT
#317
Wait, what was the question? o_o
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
April 04 2012 01:44 GMT
#318
No question, just a suggestion of a idea.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 04 2012 01:58 GMT
#319
Ohhh, sorry. Misunderstood.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
rivurivurivurivu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden140 Posts
April 04 2012 06:14 GMT
#320
On April 04 2012 06:29 Josh_rakoons wrote:
As indicated by both arenanet and by the gameplay mechanics themselves, travelling in a group is far superior than travelling on your own, this is why in my opinion, on every next BWE Guildwars2 : Europe should all travel together through the campaign. At least for the start of the campaign.


Do you mean zerg someones personal history ? we are 24 atm im not sure if the difficulty can scale for 24 players.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
UpATreeSC 146
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 214
Dewaltoss 111
Hyuk 67
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift2082
Counter-Strike
fl0m1516
Fnx 753
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5096
Khaldor1039
crisheroes894
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
summit1g8006
FrodaN3110
shahzam435
KnowMe330
XBOCT308
C9.Mang0191
ArmadaUGS130
ZombieGrub45
Trikslyr28
CosmosSc2 21
PPMD14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream54
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2997
Other Games
• imaqtpie844
• Shiphtur281
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 10m
Online Event
14h 10m
FEL
19h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.